Type keyword(s) to search

The OMG Moments of the Future: The Spoilers Thread

I didn't see a Spoilers thread so I thought I would start one. Spoiler TV has an extended promo for the episode 3.18 "The Price of a Fair and Free Election" after the bomb episode 3.17 "Flesh and Blood" and some promo pics.

The clip has Mellie delivering a zinger, and Cyrus mentions bumping up security for Fitz at 'the funeral" I can't link to it because it was taken down BOOOO.

The promo pics show Andrew alive, I know people were speculating he might die. My money is on Poppa Pope. 

Some spoilers from recent weeks. Some of it actually sounds like it could be very interesting if it didn't reek so strongly of one ep then forgotten bullshit.

E!:

Claire: Anything you've got on Scandal, please and thank you!
Well, only because you asked so nicely. Since Papa Pope got everything he wanted in the Scandal season finale—Olivia got on a plane with Jake leaving DC and he's back as the B613 boss—how is he dealing with his success in the new season? "We'll find out!" Joe Morton said with a laugh when we accosted him (politely, of course!) for scoop. "I think if Olivia returns, he's going to be kind of concerned about that, wondering why she's back and what for and how that's going to work out. I also think what's going to happen is people are going to find out what I did and sparks are going to fly." That's quite an understatement, seeing as how Rowan ruthlessly assassinated the president's son! 

TVLine:

Olivia's gone AWOL. Harrison is dead. The Gladiators have disbanded. Basically, when the show returns, "Everything is a pile of rubble," says series creator Shonda Rhimes, "and Rowan is standing on top of it." Olivia eventually returns to D.C. to resume fixing and handling everyone's messes, but it won't be business as usual. "Every season we try to tell this show in a different way, and we're doing that again this season," says Rhimes. "There is an organizing principle that brings us back, in a weird way, to more of where we were at the very beginning of the [series]." Rhimes hints that Season 4 will see "the emergence of a very different kind of Mellie, who I kind love almost more than I love 'Drunk Mellie.'" Might a certain VPOTUS have something to do with that? "We do see Andrew this season and there is a trajectory for that [relationship]," teases the EP. "But not right away. Mellie's child died and her world blew up -- an affair is the last thing on her mind." Speaking of Jerry Jr.'s tragic passing, Rhimes confirms that Fitz will learn the truth about Papa Pope's role in his death during "the first half of the season."

BONUS SPOILER | Here's a tidbit about the new character played by Lost vet Sonya Walger: Rumor has it she's an old friend (and new client) of Liv's.

E!:

florencewelches: Any new Scandal scoop?? I'm dying here #spoilerchat
Here's a character you're sure to love: Bitsy Cooper, an elderly wife to a beloved politician. Later this season we'll also meet Lawrence Carnahan, a sweet introvert who's been in jail for 30 years. Hmm…

EW:

I need some Scandal scoop ASAP! — Carrie
With Olivia out of Washington, Fitz has one very important mission in mind. Sorry, it’s not trying to find his lost love. As he begins his second term in office, Fitz has decided to take his administration in a new direction, using his power as POTUS for good in order to make a positive impact on the nation. See, Olivia leaves and he’s a better president! Okay, you can hate me in the comments.

TVGuide:

Scandal scoop, please! — Eliza
Hold off on Olivia-Fitz 'shipping for now. While Liv is relaxing on the beach, Fitz and Mellie will still be grieving Jerry's death, which won't be resolved any time soon. "It's a huge struggle," Tony Goldwyn tells us. "And with the absence of Olivia, emotionally, Fitz is trying to adjust to this new reality. ... It's not about moving forward on their marriage; it's about getting through today. It kind of goes into territory that's deeper and different and unexpected for Scandal."

• Love 1
if it didn't reek so strongly of one ep then forgotten bullshit.

On a Shonda Rhimes show? That's crazy talk!

One of the promo pics - the one with Fitz and Olivia facing each other while Jake looks on - has me intrigued. I wonder if it's from just after Jake and Olivia return to DC.

Maybe Liv will find a way to get Fitz a third time. Otherwise, we have three years before "Scandel" becomes a lot less scandalous. A former President divorcing his wife and moving to Vermont is far less...problematic.

Which is why Scandal either has a shortish life span of FOlivia is not actually end game. There will be some tragic "I will always love you" bullshit and Fitz will leave the show and Olivia's heart will go on.,,..,,

I was searching for spoilers - without luck - and came across a comment on a different forum that episode 6x06 will be from Jake's POV and we will learn where he went when Vargas was assassinated. The commenter made a passing observation that Jake and Olivia seem to be avoiding each other so far this season, which I agree with, and maybe we'll learn why in episode 6.

So while my comments are speculation, I feel the unconfirmed info about episode 6 is a spoiler and I want to be safe.

I think Jake and Olivia's distance (which I honestly can't confirm because I've only watched the episodes once and don't even remember Jake in 6x02, so there may have been interaction I missed?) has something to do with how ruthless Olivia probably was during the campaign. But I also wonder if Jake found out about Olivia's pregnancy during this time. 

I just posted a question in the Scandal Questions and Answers thread about Jake and Olivia's last sexual encounter before she moved into the White House in season 5. I think Jake and Olivia didn't have sex after she was kidnapped, which would negate any chance of Olivia's baby being Jake's, but I wanted to be sure. (I'm never really sure about the Scandal timeline.)

From Entertainment Weekly's Spoiler Room:

What’s next on Scandal? — Carlos
I’ll let Shonda Rhimes take this one: “The end of the season really hurdles toward a really great conclusion,” the Shondaland boss tells me. “We’re getting to the point where we finish out this big storyline that we’ve been unfolding. Up until then, I think we’ve been telling a lot of very individualized episodes. Then, with the Huck storyline, you saw it start to come together with group episodes. After the 100th, we stop going from one person’s point of view to another’s and it comes back together to our team of people by necessity.” But whether we actually get a new POTUS by season’s end is up for debate. “We are breaking and writing the finale right now, and there’s a large debate in the room about whether or not we’re going to get a new president,” Rhimes says. “I think we are.”

I do not like to think about the fact that the finale hasn't been written yet. I can't imagine they write in a third term for Fitz, but I just have no idea what they could possibly do.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

My guess is that a grateful Cy makes Fitz his VP! Then has a "heart attack" becoming incapacitated et  voila, Fitz is Prez, again. Never mind those pesky party lines.  Hey, it could happen!

J\K!

You may be right! 

23 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

My guess is that a grateful Cy makes Fitz his VP! Then has a "heart attack" becoming incapacitated et  voila, Fitz is Prez, again. Never mind those pesky party lines.  Hey, it could happen!

J\K!

Or that pesky Comstitution! ;)

I'm going for a bloodless (or, since it's Scandal, a very bloody) coup where Fitz declares martial law because of the Peus/Rutland attempted takeover. Those members of Congress still standing agree that Fitz should stay in office until a new election can be held in 2018.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Love 1