Type keyword(s) to search

Ghost Adventures - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Zak confirmed on Twitter that + is the "new home" for GA. I went to their Twitter page to let my feelings on this be known, but looks like I might not have to. There are tons of technical difficulties, people griping about canceling before their free trial is even up, and every response is a cut and paste bot, no matter what the incoming tweet says. In a bit I may tweet them and ask, if all new content is exclusive to +, how the content creators really feel about losing so many viewers, and what do they plan to air on the actual channels that come to everyone that has cable or satellite. I don't think they thought this through, I think they saw a bandwagon and ran for it. I did notice that TRVL is almost never included in the six or so channels that are listed to entice us, either on the commercials on their Twitter.

• Useful 3

Yeah, "Paranormal Caught on Camera" is another favorite show of mine, and it too is moving exclusively to D+ (Along with "Kindred Spirits" and "Ghost Nation", too). I'm getting tired of all the good shows moving there, and getting stuck with dreck shows on the cable channels. 

Edited by scarletine

I find all the streaming exclusives to be ridiculous. What is going to be left for those of us who pay for the regular cable channels? I feel like my satellite bill is already too much. I’m not paying for streaming services too. 

• Love 5
On 1/11/2021 at 8:49 PM, Ananayel said:

Zak confirmed on Twitter that + is the "new home" for GA. 

Crap!  Does this mean it's no longer on the Travel Channel at all? I just realized it's been a couple weeks since I've seen anything there and thought it was a temporary thing and  the new ones on D+ would eventually be shown here. 

Edited by Ubiquit0us
20 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

Crap!  Does this mean it's no longer on the Travel Channel at all? I just realized it's been a couple weeks since I've seen anything there and thought it was a temporary thing and  the new ones on D+ would eventually be shown here. 

I've seen some random reruns here and there, and they are also only showing reruns of Mountain Monsters and Expedition Bigfoot, so I guess they have a "new home" as well. At least they let us see the premieres of those before shunting them off to streaming land. It's only been not even three weeks since + started, so things may change as far as airing them on the actual network at some point. I can't imagine Zak is pleased to have his potential audience (anyone whose cable or satellite package includes that range of channels, which has to be most of the country) get shrunk down to only the people who are willing to pay for this nonsense (minus, of course, the people who are only doing so for the "90 Day Universe" or the cooking/home shows.) I would be very interested to see what the rate of cancellation at the end of the free trial is. Or, how many people are signing up only to binge something and will cancel when done.

• Useful 1

So, Dtour, the Canadian station that airs Ghost Adventures, aired three new episodes and now apparently we've stopped again. The one that aired the other night was the El Rancho Hotel/Motel. The head poking out of the room was pretty cool. 

However, it looks like next week we're getting the first of the Screaming Room episodes!!! It's apparently the one of the Titanic museum. I'm glad to hear we're finally getting to view some of these. It's about damn time, heh. 

• Love 1

GA was a one hour commercial for Zak's Haunted Museum (a fantastic museum, BTW). That free advertising has been gutted by being a Discovery+ exclusive. These shows and personalities are very replaceable. Out of sight, out of mind. And I felt a very good point was made by one of the critics of the service. Many of these shows are like background music. It might be on, but you're not paying close attention to it.

• Love 2

Zak talks to Mental Floss. He claims he is pleased about going to +, since it allows them to push boundaries. If he wants to buy me a new tv to replace my 30 year old one that works fine, a new computer to replace my 13 year old one, a new modem and router so I can get wifi, pay the extra wifi charge to Spectrum, and pay the D+ fee, then I'll get it. I'm sure he had no choice in the matter of switching, so he's spinning. Rumors are swirling that the parent company wants to shut down several of this mass of channels, and Travel is one of them. Possibly it all started when Josh Gates' shows went to Discovery, He and Zak were the two mainstays of TRVL for a while. On the other hand, Logo is still around, and rumors have been swirling around that ever since RuPaul's Drag Race went to VH-1.

• Love 2

The Travel Channel could also merely be rebranding. Recently, Bizarre Food and Hotel Impossible have aired again on it. It's the first time they had any shows on there that didn't have anything to do with the paranormal or mysteries since 2018, when the last rebrand happened

It seems like the only shows still having new episodes on it are World's Most Unexplained and Paranormal Declassified.

• Love 2

Sorry...technical difficulties 

On 1/29/2021 at 6:20 PM, Lili said:

The Travel Channel could also merely be rebranding. Recently, Bizarre Food and Hotel Impossible have aired again on it. It's the first time they had any shows on there that didn't have anything to do with the paranormal or mysteries since 2018, when the last rebrand happened

It seems like the only shows still having new episodes on it are World's Most Unexplained and Paranormal Declassified.

Well the idiots lost a lot of hours of fan tv.  That was my channel.  I stuck through those anthology series shows My Haunted Whatever,  so i could watch with glee my fav shows, GAC, Kindred Spirits, Ghost Nation, anything with Josh Gates and a few others i forget.  I wonder if their stock plummeted, or the ratings or viewership or whatever they keep track of.

Edited by ForumLou
Tech issues
  • Love 2

I don't know why I'm posting duplicates for some reason.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:59 AM, Ananayel said:

I've seen some random reruns here and there, and they are also only showing reruns of Mountain Monsters and Expedition Bigfoot, so I guess they have a "new home" as well. At least they let us see the premieres of those before shunting them off to streaming land. It's only been not even three weeks since + started, so things may change as far as airing them on the actual network at some point. I can't imagine Zak is pleased to have his potential audience (anyone whose cable or satellite package includes that range of channels, which has to be most of the country) get shrunk down to only the people who are willing to pay for this nonsense (minus, of course, the people who are only doing so for the "90 Day Universe" or the cooking/home shows.) I would be very interested to see what the rate of cancellation at the end of the free trial is. Or, how many people are signing up only to binge something and will cancel when done.

If someone were business savvy, they would put together a conglomerate of prominent, professional peeps of the paranormal world, and start their own network.  That would be awesome.

Edited by ForumLou
Tech issues
  • Useful 3

Been watching the + episodes on youtube but with alterations to the video and the quality of the original showing on the pay + channel.

You have to catch the download gift and before it is removed.

Saw the Joshua Tree Inn episode.

But you can get enough to feed your need for the GAC....

• Useful 2
On 5/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, humbleopinion said:

Watched the Grist Mill and the Steam Ferry Berkeley episodes.

What is most notable is Zac is looking wane...pale and thinner in his black hoodies.

The shows are meh....

I'm not thrilled with the D+ quality of things.  I can't get thru an ep of GA without it being dropped at least twice.  Those are actual drops, then theres also the reboot drop where it goes to the blue acreen and thru the bootup process.  I get at least 2 of those.  Its just nasty.

• Love 2

New series for Zak. Of course only on D+ Bastids. I did read an article I think on Andy Dehnart's site, about how some of the D+ "exclusive" series are slowly migrating back to cable/satellite, thereby angering the people who paid thinking they were getting exclusives. I have seen what I swear are new Holzer Files, and PCoC that I haven't seen before, there was just no fanfare about them coming back. Now if they could just bring back my Ghost Brothers and GA, I'd  be fine. And with the new announcement of ATT merging with Discovery, I don't even know what will happen. I know I probably won't like it though!

• Love 1

Apparently, Travel Channel plays this show all day on Fridays (along with an annoying amount of commercials and pop-ups for Discovery's streaming service, D+). One episode I remembered them playing was "Terror in Fontana". Wow, what a train wreck! At first I thought the crazy mother wearing sparkly eyeliner had some sort of supernatural Munchhausen syndrome going on, but when the son told them about the clawed demon under the bed grabbing his arm, I suspected it was a cat that no one had mentioned for some reason (I have a cat that used to hide under the bed and do that to me at night -- nothing like getting into bed in the dark and having your ankle grabbed), but as soon as the son unconvincingly claimed he hadn't set the alarm clock that went off, I knew who was really behind these shenanigans. I have the feeling there's some weird family dynamics going on with them with the way they dressed and acted. Oh yeah, Scooby Douche later caught that kid scratching the blanket with his toe but then rationalized that a spirit possessing the kid made him do it. Yeah, right...

• Useful 2

I think D+ is backing off some of the "exclusivity," at least I've seen several shows with their new episodes listed as "on Travel Channel and streaming on Discovery+", and they finally started airing Mountain Monsters S7 on the network. I would like GA to make it back too - hiding your flagship show behind a paywall still isn't a good look. I would love it if the Ghost Brothers/Jack Osbourne show would air on the network.

Terror in Fontana is a deeply weird episode. The mother has some serious issues - likely related to her husband being gone most of the time, perhaps also living with her parents. Or she just wants attention - not implausible, given her choice of makeup and wardrobe. I hate when people drag children into nonsense like this.

• Love 2

So Zak has posted on both his Twitter and his Instagram that an upcoming episode will be at his alleged gf Holly Madison's house in LA, featuring fellow Girl Next Door Bridget Marquardt, paranormal investigator and podcaster. First, I thought they broke up, and second, girl really wants back on tv. Even if this does make it to actual tv, I think I'm giving this one a pass, even though I do like Bridget. In the repeats, I've been giving a miss to things like Ogden Possession, or others where it's clear it's not paranormal, it's mental illness or substance abuse that's the issue. I've never actually seen the one with the mom who lives in horrible conditions and can be seen scratching her child. San Antonio maybe? The only one I watch is the one with the glittery eyeshadow ladt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just saw the show on YouTube.

Holly’s house is haunted, for sure.

Get to see Patty, the psychic who picks up the man who is most probably the entity making noises and is the shadow that Zac and the camera picks up.

Jay is stalked by a bobcat and somehow gets scrapes and cuts as he gets rolls down a steep hill.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, humbleopinion said:

So much of that neighborhood is! I’ve lived in three different houses there and each one had bizarre happenings. 
I wish she hadn’t shown the exterior 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

The Holly/Bridget episode seemed like a different show. 

Oh dear. Zak is already a producer for Destination Fear, and since Holly really wants back on tv and Bridget does paranormal stuff, are we going to see a new D+ exclusive show called Ghosts Next Door?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

You don’t need creeps invading hers and the rest of the neighbors’ privacy.

That was unfortunate.

As much as she’s bothered by weirdos due to her relationship to the point she stopped showing her kids faces, that wasn’t a smart decision. Especially in that neighborhood. 

6 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

Oh dear. Zak is already a producer for Destination Fear, and since Holly really wants back on tv and Bridget does paranormal stuff, are we going to see a new D+ exclusive show called Ghosts Next Door?

I’d watch it lol I love Bridget’s podcast. 

• Love 1

Dtour finally released a new episode the other day in Canada. The boys were investigating a Comedy Club. I rather enjoyed it. It was different and the roast of the guys was hilarious. More than anything, I think I was just really happy to see some episodes I haven't had a chance to watch yet. 

Interesting. So it looks like the Ghost Adventures Top 10 episodes are airing on the Travel channel now, after being Discover+ exclusives for several months. I wonder if the latest Ghost Adventures episodes will follow.

Ghost Adventures is pretty much the only reason I even have Discovery+ anymore. If these episodes air on TV, I'm probably cancelling my subscription, at least for the time being.

I noticed there was a marathon Wednesday night, including a "Top Ten Ghosts Caught on Tape" special episode. Unfortunately, there were audio issues, but I think they put them in reverse order because the last ones weren't nearly as convincing and were more obviously artifacts or cast by passing car headlights.

The Joe Exotic Halloween special aired here in Canada the other night and I am just settling in to watch. I never saw Joe Exotic or followed the controversy so it's a bit confusing right now but I am only 9 minutes in, heh.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:22 AM, jewel21 said:

The Joe Exotic Halloween special aired here in Canada the other night and I am just settling in to watch. I never saw Joe Exotic or followed the controversy so it's a bit confusing right now but I am only 9 minutes in, heh.

That's the guy from the Lion King, right? Does Scoobie Douche intend on contacting the ghost of the wife people think he fed to his zoo animals? 

• Love 1

Demon House: Lost Footage
Zak Bagans investigates a home he purchased sight unseen after learning about its demonic history.

I began to watch this last night but lost interest when they claimed that some debris floating by was a "ghostly presence" and Zac began swaying, claiming all the ghosts running around were making him dizzy. 🙄

• Love 1

The team experiences some negative energy while looking into the Black Dahlia murder.

This seemed to be part of two eps stuck together and listed as a new one, but I never saw this investigation of the Black Dahlia murder before. Unfortunately, they brought in a medium ham for a séance and predictably, she put on quite a show after being possessed. 🙄

• Love 2

Yeah, they've been doing that for a while, with several of their shows. Cram together two episodes into a block (related by theme or not,) and call it "new." They won't show the actual new GAs that premiered on D+, even this much later, but they'll Frankenrerun old ones. 

That medium was the worst, but the Black Dahlia episode does have the most adorable bits of Zak mispronouncing Spanish words, and the interviewee just not having it, so it's worth it.

• Love 2

Dueling Forces Of Evil. The crew travels to Santaquin, Utah, to investigate a restaurant with a bloody connection to a war between Native Americans and the Mormons; then, they encounter the dark energy found at Yuma Territorial Prison in Arizona.

This was another FrankenEp that was listed as "new". I don't think I've ever seen these before, so it wasn't a total loss.

• Love 1

So, Zak signed another multiyear deal with D+. No mention of providing any content for TRVL. They still have not shown any of the new GA shows (or his other projects like Haunted Museum) on TRVL. Almost all of the other D+ shows are only "exclusive" to D+ for a limited time, and then turn up on cable. WTF? 

• Useful 1
On 8/5/2021 at 7:41 PM, humbleopinion said:

I just saw the show on YouTube.

Get to see Patty, the psychic who picks up the man who is most probably the entity making noises and is the shadow that Zac and the camera picks up.

Jay is stalked by a bobcat and somehow gets scrapes and cuts as he gets rolls down a steep hill.

I love Patti!  She is very nice.  I have booked her for events before.  Love it when she is on their show!

9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

For those needing a fresh GA you might accidentally stumble upon The Steinbeck House episode on something like u toob.

I just watched this one. As per usual they get very little. I stopped watching a few seasons back because they are still behaving like rookies out on their first investigation. Not to mention they really get nothing at all evidence wise. 

Those animated stick figures are laughable. I used to love this show way back when it started. It really did spook me but since Nick left they have just lost it. I feel like Zak would like to do something different but this is the only thing bringing in the $$$.

• Love 1

Last night was a rerun of "Demon House" and the lost footage.Clearly, someone was either trying to copy The Amittyville Horror or people were succumbing to the black mold in the attic and the carbon monoxide leaking from the basement furnace (as reported by the home inspector Baggins hired). I found it telling that their relatives claimed the stories were bullshit and others had all sorts of tales to tell after Dildo Baggins paid them.

They also replayed the "El Rancho Hotel" ep. Just how many of these mysterious noises they capture are really Jay's flatulence?

• Love 1

They're finally airing 'new' episodes in Canada. It's like a top 10 series. Top 10 best apparitions caught on tape, top 10 best poltergeist moments, etc. Whatever, I'll take it. It has been surprisingly nice to see Nick on tape, though. I thought Zak would have burnt all that footage, heh. Nick might be a boring person, but he balanced out Zak and Aaron nicely and he was much better than Jay and Billy. 

(edited)

They were playing some new ones I don't think I've seen before, although Sallie House seemed vaguely familiar. Maybe it was a Franken ep listed as new?

BTW, I noticed Scooby Douche has a new show coming in D+ in which he answers letters from people having trouble with their haunted house or something. I guess he's expanding into Ghostbusters territory?

Edited by Gharlane
  • Love 1

Has anyone watched the "House Calls" iteration of GA? We watched a couple and weren't impressed. Zak doesn't even go to the locations. His participation is by video chat only it seems. I took it off my list on Discovery plus. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Has anyone watched the "House Calls" iteration of GA? We watched a couple and weren't impressed. Zak doesn't even go to the locations. His participation is by video chat only it seems. I took it off my list on Discovery plus. 

I am guessing that's what I saw commercials for a couple months ago. I hate when they do this tomfoolery instead of investigating haunted sites. 😡

• Applause 1