Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Wishlist

Now that season one's done, what do you want to see in season two? Some of mine:

1. More Hector. White Josh is wonderful (and I'd love more of him too), but I kind of enjoy Hector more. I'd enjoy a song, but I'm not sure what kind would suit his voice. I feel like a soulful, Enrique Iglesias style ballad might work?

2. Mrs. Hernandez giving a Rebecca a "The Reason You Suck" speech, solely through hilarious facial expressions. Actually, more Mrs. Hernandez in general.

3. More Heather.

4. A minor plot for Friend Of Friend From Law School. If we can get one for Grocery Clerk With Half An Eyelid, we can get one for him.

I would like growth for Valencia.  I wouldn't mind losing Heather, actually.  I don't even remember who Hector is.  I would like more exploration of Daryl and White Josh's relationship as it becomes more serious. 

But I also can't wait to see Josh and Rebecca's relationship awkwardly self-destruct the way Greg and Rebecca's did. 

3. More Heather.

More and BETTER use of Heather, I really loved that episode where she actually LIKED Rebecca and when they got high and broke into the therapists office. I honestly prefer her as Rebecca's friend than I do Paula, but I realize that Paula is meant to be more an enabler with her own  issues, than good friend who is really there for Rebecca.

Which leads to my desire to see Paula be less cray/asshole like, I loved the episode where she and her husband rediscovered their happy, so to then see most of the second half of the season act like that didn't happen and her life was just as empty as ever was even more annoying.

I'd also like to see them keep Valencia around, though I'm not sure how, so I guess it  makes sense for us not to see her anymore. I like the performer more than the character because the writing for her was often lacking in terms of depth/nuance.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 3

I want Trent and Audra Levine back for an episode or two.

I want for Heather to be explored better.

I want for Josh to get a goddamn personality other than being nice and indecisive. I think they could explore his relationship with his father and his career aspirations (and lack of thereof).

I want for Greg to get better (OK, this will be long-term). But really, my heart breaks for him. There's so much suck in his life right now.

Paula needs to be called out on her shit and probably divorce her husband (it would give her loads of new narrative opportunities).

• Love 2

Hide the surprise guest stars better. Hilarious though it was, the BJ Novak cameo would have been far better if he wasn't literally the first guest star in the credits, ahead of even White Josh and Audra Levine. Same thing with Ricki Lake and Amber Riley (who I know were advertised, but still). Give them a "Special Guest Star" credit at the end of the episode instead, you know?

--- Trent to come back for maybe an episode. With Audra (his Rebecca stand-in) as his girlfriend. Fun ensues when they go on a double date with Josh and Rebecca.

That's a funny idea.  Yes, I wouldn't mind Trent coming back around.  Although I'd rather see him pop up with Valencia.  I don't need to see more of Audra Levine's character.  Her storyline skirted the line of striking a mean tone, which I didn't want to hear in this series.

I would love to see more exploration of Paula's issues next season, with Rebecca getting to play the (slightly healthier) sidekick role.

I don't actually care about any of Josh's or Greg's gang at all.  White Josh seems sweet, but I don't particularly want more of him, Darryl (who I can't take seriously) or Hector.  I love Heather, though.

More songs that give social criticisms about our fucked up society. I loved all of those.

Agreed.  And while they're at it, I want to hear more of Rebecca's resume.  More feminist pole dancing jokes, please.  Those crack me up.

Most of all, another Astaire-Rogers black and white homage.  First of all, I love those.  Second of all, it's nice to get a dose of old school elegance every once in awhile, even though it's just another way to serve up the satire.  Settle For Me is still one of my favorites..

• Love 1
Yes, I wouldn't mind Trent coming back around.  Although I'd rather see him pop up with Valencia.

I don't actually care about any of Josh's or Greg's gang at all.  White Josh seems sweet, but I don't particularly want more of him, Darryl (who I can't take seriously) or Hector.  I love Heather, though.

Agreed.  And while they're at it, I want to hear more of Rebecca's resume.  More feminist pole dancing jokes, please.  Those crack me up.

Most of all, another Astaire-Rogers black and white homage.  First of all, I love those.  Second of all, it's nice to get a dose of old school elegance every once in awhile, even though it's just another way to serve up the satire.  Settle For Me is still one of my favorites..

Ooh, that would be fun!  I loved Trent and pairing him with Valencia would be inspired... except I feel kind of bad for her in that scenario, since he has a crush on Rebecca.  

I agree with everything else you mentioned, too.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 1

Trent and Audra are both coming back according to a podcast that either Rachel or Aline did (I forget now which one). 

I'd definitely like to see more Josh development that goes beyond the fantasy of him and into his reality. His parents (esp mom) are also great and I'd like to see more of her.

More Darryl & White Josh figuring their relationship out.

More exploring Josh's posse of guy friends. None of them seemed to care for Valencia but I can't imagine how they'll react to Rachel with the Greg mess.

More Broadway guest stars! I think they're trying to get Lin-Manuel which would be awesome, but I'd also like to see Daveed Diggs...maybe as a friend of Heather's? Lol. 

• Love 4

Yes, a real song-and-dance for Josh! VR3 is a real tap dancer (he's generally the dance captain when in the ensemble of a stage musical) and he needs to show us. A challenge dance between him and Greg would be just the thing.

And a "Modern Major-General"-type patter song for anyone or everyone. If they need to keep mining new genres, they haven't touched G&S yet.

• Love 4
VR3 is a real tap dancer (he's generally the dance captain when in the ensemble of a stage musical) and he needs to show us. A challenge dance between him and Greg would be just the thing.

I'd love a tap number with VR3 and Greg.  In fact, the more men dancing tap together, the better.  In white tie and tails.

As for a dance challenge, I'd love to see a send up of West Side Story's challenge at the school dance.  Another oldie but goodie is the old dance marathon challenge, with couples starting out strong and with competitive spirit, only to end dancing cheek to cheek, barely holding each other up at the end of the night.  For those White Josh and Darryl friends, they would fit into a dance marathon nicely.

• Love 2

Which leads to my desire to see Paula be less cray/asshole like, I loved the episode where she and her husband rediscovered their happy, so to then see most of the second half of the season act like that didn't happen and her life was just as empty as ever was even more annoying.

I agree. I'm a Paula defender, because while I think that, in real life, yes, her actions are inexcusable and likely an indication of a deep-seated, probably dangerous psychosis, I think of these people more as cartoon characters; relatable up to a point, but grossly exaggerated for comedic value.

Still, I LOVED that moment were Paula and her husband reconnected. So, to then (basically) never see him, or her kids, again, was disappointing. Also, I don't really love all the mom connotations from Paula's (admittedly great) season finale song. I never, ever saw her as Rebecca's mother figure. She was her partner in crime, her enabler living vicariously through a younger friend's life, the one so nutty she made even Rebecca's plans look sane, but nothing Paula's done, other than perhaps baking a pie, has felt remotely mom-ish to me. Can't women of different ages be friends without it being a "mother-daughter" relationship? Disappointing story turn.

• Love 5

I want:

More Santino Fontana's songs. With more Tap Dance. For Greg not to suffer so much, and definitely Grebecca. 

More of Heather, she's great. 

More WhiteJoshFeather interactions. I just love them, they're so cute. And maybe White Josh should sing.

What was the name of the blond coworker with the sick snake? I want to see her again, she vas so funny.

For Josh to be single and happy, and maybe cultivating himself. 

For Chanbecs(is that the ship name?) to disintegrate with a big boom!

For Paula to be a little bit less crazy and more happy.

So basically, everyone happy 

and more of Santino Fontana

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, taragel said:

Trent and Audra are both coming back according to a podcast that either Rachel or Aline did (I forget now which one). 

I'd definitely like to see more Josh development that goes beyond the fantasy of him and into his reality. His parents (esp mom) are also great and I'd like to see more of her.

More Darryl & White Josh figuring their relationship out.

More exploring Josh's posse of guy friends. None of them seemed to care for Valencia but I can't imagine how they'll react to Rachel with the Greg mess.

More Broadway guest stars! I think they're trying to get Lin-Manuel which would be awesome, but I'd also like to see Daveed Diggs...maybe as a friend of Heather's? Lol. 

Add Carol Burnett and Lea Salonga.  I'd like to see some of Rebecca's extended family--cousins etc.