Type keyword(s) to search

Autopsy: The Last Hours Of... - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Queena said:

I read a article on her last days (Carrie) and talk about sad. May her and her Mom rest in peace. 

You know Carrie was an incredible singer. I mean really good. I had no idea. She didn't sing because her mom wanted her to.  lol  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I did. I already knew his dad had died from heart problems, just didn't know it was genetic. Yet another person denying and lying about their health to the point that it killed them.  It seems like dr.s really didn't know how to diagnose aneurysms  till the late 80's maybe? Even then they still tried to treat it like a heart attack and that just made it worse. I think Alan Thicke died from the same thing. At least his brother got it fixed. 

• Love 2

Gilda Radner's episode was heartbreaking.  It is too common for doctors to tell a woman that it's "all in your head" or "it's hormones", particularly when they can't find the cause.  She had signs of ovarian cancer for nearly 2 years before anyone took her seriously.  Unfortunately by then it was stage 3.  Hearing her voice as she recounted her journey was beautiful but sad.  42 is ridiculously young to die.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, cynicat said:

Gilda Radner's episode was heartbreaking.  It is too common for doctors to tell a woman that it's "all in your head" or "it's hormones", particularly when they can't find the cause.  She had signs of ovarian cancer for nearly 2 years before anyone took her seriously.  Unfortunately by then it was stage 3.  Hearing her voice as she recounted her journey was beautiful but sad.  42 is ridiculously young to die.

It was even more ridiculous considering how many close family members had had cancer. The number of people who let her down is pretty staggering. Just a guess, she cracked jokes (or was otherwise jovial) because of her nervousness and that went toward them not taking the situation as seriously. There is a reason that they call it the art of medicine and that doctors 'practice'. Too many humans involved.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:54 PM, BookWitch said:

I did. I already knew his dad had died from heart problems, just didn't know it was genetic. Yet another person denying and lying about their health to the point that it killed them.  It seems like dr.s really didn't know how to diagnose aneurysms  till the late 80's maybe? Even then they still tried to treat it like a heart attack and that just made it worse. I think Alan Thicke died from the same thing. At least his brother got it fixed. 

Also Lucille Ball died of the same condition as well.

There will be a marathon on August 8th and 9th,  Hoping to catch a couple of episodes that I missed the first time around. That will be followed by 3 new episodes Sunday evening (the 9th) celebrating the 100th episode.

Walt Disney, Dick Clark and Billy Mays.

Interesting combination

• Love 3

Thanks for the info Schnickelfritz. I'm very interested in the Walt Disney autopsy.

And Billy Mays whose cause of death IIRC was reported as a heart attack or heart issues. Then the truth eventually came out....

I've missed quite a few episodes on celebs I'm interested in so I'll be watching. I like that this series always digs up some gossipy dirt along with the actual autopsy results.

• Love 1

I remember reading when Anissa Jones died, the medical examiner said that it was the most massive overdose he had ever seen. 

Judy Garland's mother was awful.   I've read that the reason Shirley Temple wasn't the star of "The Wizard of Oz" is that her mother refused to sleep with a certain studio head, and also that she protected her daughter from sexual predators, and from being drugged to perform.   Judy Garland didn't have a parent, but a stage mother, who sacrificed her own child for money.   And though Judy worshiped her father, I have read he wasn't a good parent either.  

If you read the book to the Godfather by Mario Puzo, the predatory producer is supposed to be based on a real person, who preyed on children in Hollywood.    There is a great deal of truth in that book, and the casting couch in Hollywood has existed for many years, and it wasn't always adults that were preyed on.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I watched much of the marathon that happened this past weekend. I know at least one person mentioned this before me (too lazy to go back and find the quote) but I so wished that 911 was called in many instances. I know that these people were celebrities and people must have been concerned about keeping up an image but holy cow. Someone is there without a pulse, close to if not already dead. CALL 911. Don't call a friend, a manager, or family.

I find these shows interesting, although some of the "drama" about the autopsy findings is a little OTT. 

I wish I saw the Mindy McCready one - I missed it. I remember her from Dr. Drew's show "Celebrity Rehab." Heck, I remember Jeff Conaway from that show too. 

• Love 3
On 8/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, hookedontv said:

I wish I saw the Mindy McCready one - I missed it. I remember her from Dr. Drew's show "Celebrity Rehab." Heck, I remember Jeff Conaway from that show too. 

The Mindy McCready episode will be shown again on Monday the 24th at 7pm Eastern,  the 25th at 1:30 am EDT and on Sunday the 30th at 2pm EDT.

Hope you can catch it.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

The Mindy McCready episode will be shown again on Monday the 24th at 7pm Eastern,  the 25th at 1:30 am EDT and on Sunday the 30th at 2pm EDT.

Hope you can catch it.

THANKS! I just set my DVR. 😀

• Love 1
12 hours ago, cynicat said:

I knew hat Marlon Brando was eccentric, especially in the latter half of his life, but WOW.  That man had serious demons.

Haven't seen that one yet. Sounds very interesting. I'm sure it will be repeated. 

On 8/24/2020 at 6:07 AM, cynicat said:

I knew hat Marlon Brando was eccentric, especially in the latter half of his life, but WOW.  That man had serious demons.

It is not surprising. After all, he befriended Michael Jackson and what does that say about him? Case closed.

• Love 2

Watched the John Belushi episode, and wow I forgot how young he was when he died. That Cathy Smith chick injected him upwards of 20 times with speedballs-geesh. 

Also found a typo. Typos are big pet peeves of mine, especially in the media. So I had to share it. And I really hope my post doesn’t have any typos in it! That would be bad.

Is anyone else bothered by typos?

7B224052-1FD9-4A06-A614-0D0B59468780.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Watched the John Belushi episode, and wow I forgot how young he was when he died. That Cathy Smith chick injected him upwards of 20 times with speedballs-geesh. 

Also found a typo. Typos are big pet peeves of mine, especially in the media. So I had to share it. And I really hope my post doesn’t have any typos in it! That would be bad.

Is anyone else bothered by typos?

7B224052-1FD9-4A06-A614-0D0B59468780.jpeg

Was that TMZ? 

Whoever did that probably goes to the "liberry" to do research😀

One of the perils of youth is believing we're immortal and nothing can kill us...yet.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

When I first saw this show, I had seen it a year ago when they did a story on Florence Henderson and I don't remember hearing she had surgery when it was announced she had died. Also, it seemed like she was just born to work and not allowed to rest and I think that might have made things tough for her and her health.   I don't know what made me stop watching it but suddenly I started watching again.

It is really interesting for sure and some people have mentioned this and I didn't think of it at the times that I saw it but why do people call friends or relatives before calling 911? 

Some of these were On Demand

Elvis Presley, dang.... I guess the hospital was too scared to do surgery on him? Sheesh.

Jim Morrison, why wasn't there an autopsy? That would have shown that his body was moved if he really did OD at a club instead of in a bathtub.

Patty Duke, Anissa Jones and Dana Plato stories were sad... I think Dana accidentally OD'd on drugs. 

Anyone think Jimi Hendrix accidentally OD'd as well? 

Christopher Reeve, maybe his body just shut down but its a shame he couldn't walk again. 

It seems like whatever they did in the past, like Ball, Vandross and Henderson, it comes back to bite you when you get old. 

• Love 4

There are several episodes I need to catch up on with this show. However, I did recently watch the one on Chyna.

What a sad soul. It sounded like she always had self esteem issues and was at times her own worst enemy. When things ended with the WWE it seemed to exacerbated her issues.  It’s too bad she couldn’t pull herself together and make a comeback with some kind of career in entertainment. I guess the wounds she was suffering were too deep. Very sad. 

I finally got around to watching some of the latest season episodes. Its always sad to hear during the documentary them say so and so gave up drugs or alcohol years ago, only to discover they either died from an overdose or drugs was a contributing factor to their demise - Tom Petty, Carrie Fisher, Dana Plato etc. 

I thought the coroner saying Tom was murdered due to accidentally receiving fentanayl was a bit of a stretch. Anytime an individual takes street drugs, there's a risk of getting something they don't expect. The fact that Tom Petty was on street drugs indicates that he'd relapsed, which is very sad. 

It was also interesting how the coroner kind of tip toed around the cause of Billy Mays' death. Perhaps because the family disputed his drug use? That's another interesting thing about the deaths of all these celebrities dying from drugs. You always hear the same story, I never saw so and so with a drink and thus they'd NEVER do drugs. Denial is a powerful thing. 

I wish they'd only profile cases for individuals who are under the age of 75. Profiling the death of a 80 or 90 year old is not that big of a mystery. Most of the time the milage on the body has taken it's toll and as a result the individual ends up dying of some type of inevitable illness due to living for nearly a century. 

• Love 3

I suppose this show may be a little morbid to some, but I really like it.  I’ve always had an interest in forensics, true crime, etc.  This show really gets me to thinking about my health. It comes to mind when I’m not honoring healthy diet or exercise.  It impacts me in ways other types of shows don’t.  

• Love 2
On 4/8/2021 at 9:18 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I suppose this show may be a little morbid to some, but I really like it.  I’ve always had an interest in forensics, true crime, etc.  This show really gets me to thinking about my health. It comes to mind when I’m not honoring healthy diet or exercise.  It impacts me in ways other types of shows don’t.  

I don't find it morbid at all. It's very educational and intriguing to me. But I'm a true crime addict (have been for decades) it's fascinating and the more you know the less chance of being a victim featured on the I.D. Channel!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I don't find it morbid at all. It's very educational and intriguing to me. But I'm a true crime addict (have been for decades) it's fascinating and the more you know the less chance of being a victim featured on the I.D. Channel!

I'm with you chenoa333. I can't get enough of this show and the backstory of all these people. 

Reelz seems to be stuck on Steve McQueen for some reason.  That being said, I don't get tired of hearing about that quack cancer doctor and am fascinated by how McQueen believed in him, even when he had a tumor the size of a basketball growing in his liver.  

6 hours ago, BookWitch said:

I wonder how it's decided which autopsies to air. Does the family or estate have to ok it? I mean, John Wayne is great and all but he's been dead for over 30 years. 

That's a good question.  Regardless, I love that they have this eclectic mix of subjects rather than the obvious.  John Wayne's story was fascinating and it was horrifying to learn that the set they used for one of his movies was teeming with radioactivity.  Little House on the Prairie had the same issue, and it was mentioned when they did Michael Landon's death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Are there any new episodes?  It seems they all are old and I’ve already seen them.  I read an article online recently that there is a REVISITED version on the death of Philip Seymore Hoffman to be surging soon, but I haven’t been able to locate it. 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:25 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Are there any new episodes?  It seems they all are old and I’ve already seen them.  I read an article online recently that there is a REVISITED version on the death of Philip Seymore Hoffman to be surging soon, but I haven’t been able to locate it. 

Last Sunday they had Anthony Bourdain, followed by the Philip Seymore Hoffman episode. There have been several new ones in the past few weeks (John Wayne, Dale Earnhardt, Randy Savage et al.), but Spectrum had them listed (unnumbered) under Season 9 instead of Season 12 as they should be. Scott Weiland is this Sunday.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Last Sunday they had Anthony Bourdain, followed by the Philip Seymore Hoffman episode. There have been several new ones in the past few weeks (John Wayne, Dale Earnhardt, Randy Savage et al.), but Spectrum had them listed (unnumbered) under Season 9 instead of Season 12 as they should be. Scott Weiland is this Sunday.

What channel did this come on?  And what time?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just found that it comes on Reelz, but whenever I search for newer seasons they don’t appear.  I’m not sure what the issue is. 

They are listed on the Reelz website I believe. Like I said earlier, Spectrum has the new ones listed under the wrong season but the DVR is still picking up the new ones. Not sure what is going on. IMDB doesn't seem to have the new ones either. I'm wrong. Had to search differently. Hope this helps

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3468046/episodes?year=2021

***Sorry for the rambling stream of consciousness there....***

Edited by Schnickelfritz
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

They are listed on the Reelz website I believe. Like I said earlier, Spectrum has the new ones listed under the wrong season but the DVR is still picking up the new ones. Not sure what is going on. IMDB doesn't seem to have the new ones either. I'm wrong. Had to search differently. Hope this helps

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3468046/episodes?year=2021

***Sorry for the rambling stream of consciousness there....***

I still can’t find it on IMDb or Reelz!  I’m beyond livid. I’ve searched for over half hour. I’m not sure why it’s so illusive, unless you must watch it live only.  I suppose I’ll have to wait a year before it appears on their season shows.  Lol. Unbelievable.  

On 5/7/2021 at 10:30 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I still can’t find it on IMDb or Reelz!  I’m beyond livid. I’ve searched for over half hour. I’m not sure why it’s so illusive, unless you must watch it live only.  I suppose I’ll have to wait a year before it appears on their season shows.  Lol. Unbelievable.  

You’re not alone. I have Xfinity and they never have the latest episodes On Demand until months after they’ve aired and neither does the REELZ app. It’s very frustrating. The only way I’d be able to catch the latest episodes is when they first air or re-air. Which will never happen since it’s very rare that I watch live TV and I don’t currently have a DVR to record the new shows. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Update: I think I figured out one of the problems. Although, I had Reelz, I didn’t have Reelz Now.  So, I downloaded that app and was able to watch Autopsy Live tonight!  

.....so, I caught the episode on June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash.  I’m not sure how old they are, but I can’t get them on demand on the site. Lol This is one whacky network.  

Oh, I can’t fast forward either!  Anyone have that issue?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

.....so, I caught the episode on June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash.  I’m not sure how old they are, but I can’t get them on demand on the site. Lol This is one whacky network.  

Glad you figured out why you were missing the new episodes! Hope you can catch up with the ones you missed.

June Carter was new. Johnny Cash was from June of 2018.

2 new ones next Sunday. Andy Griffith and Elizabeth Montgomery.

I don't watch on the app so I have no idea why you can't fast forward tho I imagine it's so you are stuck watching the commercials.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Glad you figured out why you were missing the new episodes! Hope you can catch up with the ones you missed.

June Carter was new. Johnny Cash was from June of 2018.

2 new ones next Sunday. Andy Griffith and Elizabeth Montgomery.

I don't watch on the app so I have no idea why you can't fast forward tho I imagine it's so you are stuck watching the commercials.

Luckily, there are no commercials.  Apparently, there’s some sort of glitch. It’s so annoying. I’ll look forward to Sunday night.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

This next episode on Sunday is the autopsy of Sonny Bono. Apparently some folks think Sonny's ski accident wasn't an accident. How does someone set up a murder of a person by having them ski into a tree? I'm sure it's just fodder to get folks to watch.

The coroner will find no evidence to indicate Sonny's death was a murder. But it still sounds interesting.

On 6/6/2021 at 8:31 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

So, I saw 3 episodes that I hadn’t seen before. Does anyone know who the blonde woman was that spoke fondly of Larry Hagman?  

I missed the Larry Hagman episode. I'm sure they'll repeat it. I was reading his bio on Wikipedia. It shows he was an adamant non-smoker but died from throat cancer. Not that there aren't other causes of throat cancer besides smoking. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

This next episode on Sunday is the autopsy of Sonny Bono. Apparently some folks think Sonny's ski accident wasn't an accident. How does someone set up a murder of a person by having them ski into a tree? I'm sure it's just fodder to get folks to watch.

The coroner will find no evidence to indicate Sonny's death was a murder. But it still sounds interesting.

I missed the Larry Hagman episode. I'm sure they'll repeat it. I was reading his bio on Wikipedia. It shows he was an adamant non-smoker but died from throat cancer. Not that there aren't other causes of throat cancer besides smoking. 

He was a former smoker, but the doctor talked about other causes of throat cancer. You might have guessed.  I won’t say, since some haven’t seen it yet.  There were some surprises on the Hagman episode.  His daughter was very candid......I’ll definitely watch that one again.  So you know he had a transplant?

I’ll also watch Sonny Bono.  I watched his show as a kid.  

The Andy Griffith one was pretty good.  Especially, since I’m in NC, where most it occurred.  But I do chuckle when they sound as if he did something horrible to his health when he dies at age 86.... I mean....come on.  Lol

I also watched the one on Elizabeth Montgomery. It was interesting. Once again, a big tv star when I was a kid.  

I’m amazed at how few of these stars had hospice care....unbelievable.  

• Love 1

The most interesting thing about the Elizabeth Montgomery episode, for me, was learning that she used to hang out with Bette Davis's daughter.

When Dr. Hunter was talking about her love of spicy food, I thought he was going to say that it somehow caused her cancer, so I was relieved when they didn't go there.

• Love 2

I watched the one on Sonny Bono and Bob Crane last night.  It was apparent that Sonny  had been taking meds, skiing and having recurring accidents.  I wonder why he kept doing it.  And, I wonder why after his wife last saw him going down a very challenging course, she didn’t report him missing for 3 hours.  And, why take pain meds and Valium and ski amongst trees....for nine days???  It demonstrated very poor judgment.  

The Crane murder is a mystery.....I wonder if anyone will ever confess or come forward with information.  There are several people who seemed to be potentially responsible.    

• Love 4

I saw the one about Grace Kelly-too sad she would die at such a young age-from something so preventable if she would just take her meds. Those roads in Monaco looked pretty  twisty and I would be taking those turns very slowly. I thought her story was kind of like Diana's-supposed to be a happy ever after but not at all.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2021 at 2:34 PM, Maisiesmom said:

I saw the one about Grace Kelly-too sad she would die at such a young age-from something so preventable if she would just take her meds. Those roads in Monaco looked pretty  twisty and I would be taking those turns very slowly. I thought her story was kind of like Diana's-supposed to be a happy ever after but not at all.

Yeah, if I was driving down a twisty road on which I had dreamed I died, I think I would have slowed down, pulled over or something. Maybe, the medical condition hit before she could take action.   

• Love 1

The episodes on Perry and Spade were pretty good.  For some reason I was under the impression that Perry had been sick with cancer prior to his death.  He didn’t look well, imo.  Interesting that it was confirmed that he looked considerably older than he was.  I always thought that.  It sounds like he was a pretty nice guy.

Kate Spade was a tragic story.  They didn’t say where her daughter was living at the time of her death.   Anyone know? 

I hope they address Irwin’s demeanor in how he handled animals adequately.  I wondered for years how he wasn’t killed or seriously injured.   I’ve never fully understood how he was killed, though.  It should be interesting.   

• Love 2