Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Red Means Stop

This might not be the TRUE finale, but this one didn't disappoint at all.

Clancy Brown as Red Death was awesome. Of course, a charming family man that's a combo of Red Skull and Ghost Rider was gonna be awesome.

I loved seeing OG Team Venture again. Col. Gentleman is just amazing. And yes, we have the reason why Kano joined the team, at least.

Loved all the disguises, especially Hunter as Rusty. Even Shore Leave, dressed as Brock, still wanted to be Brock. I also loved the great party that the OSI/Guild stake out turned into. We need to see more of this.

So, Gary didn't KILL any of the other villains, just chained them up in the basement. Where Maestro Wave killed and ate them all. Well, that was disturbing.

Clancy! Motherfucking Brown!!

Okay, so we don't have a satisfactory conclusion to the plots. Blue Morpho is still not dead, Girlfriend/Sheila doesn't know she's married to him, and Rusty hasn't sunk his company into the ground yet. Also . . . isn't the big science conference coming soon? And what is "O.S. Sparkle"??

The OSI/GCI hoedown was pretty neat. Haven't seen them working together since the Henchman Zero caper. Like the elaborate masquerades, particularly Watch and Ward as Hank and Dean. And who was HELPeR?

I'm thinking it'll be eighteen months before we get anything TVB-related. See you in September 2017!

• Love 1

Damn, this episode made me hungry. Everyone was eating food, or talking about eating food, or...other things. I haven't had veal piccata in ages!

I like the way that Red Death's daughter went all Super Villain on the other kid's sand castle.

Colonel Gentleman is quite a jerk when he's had a few glasses of wine. Then again, I can totally see Action Man killing a baby. And we got to find out why Rusty started the series with only one kidney.

The two guys chained up in the restroom made me think of the only scene that I ever watched from Saw. I suppose that's what they were going for with that.

Taken reference. Meh. It's been done before.

And what is "O.S. Sparkle"??

I heard that as "OS Sparkle", like an operating system with a Apple-like code name.

And who was HELPeR?

Dr. Phineas Phage. The former Guild counselor with the mechanical spider-like legs. He's a natural to play Spider-bot Helper.

This was hilarious but confusing. 

Oh Gary chaining people in the basement bathroom with zero supervision. Who was that butt cheek eating guy ? Are we supposed to know who he was ?

The OSI/GCI hoedown was pretty neat. Haven't seen them working together since the Henchman Zero caper. Like the elaborate masquerades, particularly Watch and Ward as Hank and Dean. And who was HELPeR?

He was one of the new GoCI Council members. His name escapes me, but he's sppsd to be a virus. Did Red Death kill him during the attack, or was it just the costume that was cut in two?

ETA:

Dr. Phineas Phage. The former Guild counselor with the mechanical spider-like legs. He's a natural to play Spider-bot Helper.

Yeah, that's his name.

Edited by Ubiquitous

Red Death was an amazing character I'd love to see more of. Billy's mother, on the other hand...I hope we never have to hear her voice again.

Colonel Gentleman is quite a jerk when he's had a few glasses of wine. Then again, I can totally see Action Man killing a baby. And we got to find out why Rusty started the series with only one kidney.

If I were drunk around Action Man, I'd be a lot more hostile than Colonel Gentleman was. On a show filled with supervillains, he's easily one of the most evil characters we've seen.

He was one of the new GoCI Council members. His name escapes me, but he's sppsd to be a virus. Did Red Death kill him during the attack, or was it just the costume that was cut in two?

It was his costume (or maybe just his robot legs) because he was playing in the pool at the end.

This was hilarious but confusing. 

Oh Gary chaining people in the basement bathroom with zero supervision. Who was that butt cheek eating guy ? Are we supposed to know who he was ?

They were Maestro Wave and The Termite. You can see them on this chart under Red Death. ETA: Wes Warhammer and Wandering Spider are under Harangueutan, while I'm not sure who the other two are. Either Gary kidnapped them and are now dead, or we'll see them in Season 7.

3KScvsu.jpg

Edited by Galileo908

They were Maestro Wave and The Termite. You can see them on this chart under Red Death. ETA: Wes Warhammer and Wandering Spider are under Harangueutan, while I'm not sure who the other two are. Either Gary kidnapped them and are now dead, or we'll see them in Season 7.

Monarch said that there were only two more to go before announcing that the next target was Red Death. Since Wide Whale is also on the list, I expect that all the others are dead now.

It happened again last night - Venture Brothers characters in my dreams. This time it was Mrs. Monarch and Watch & Ward. Something about a meditation competition between Zen masters.

• Love 1

It was hard not to think "Killface" when looking at Red Death (great Edgar Allen Poe reference by the way). He didn't really dissuade The Monarch's ambition, though.

As the end title starts to play, were the silhouettes actually Watch and Ward? If not, it should've been.

Glad we had Shore Leave back this season. That guy steals every scene he's in.

• Love 1

I immediately went to Killface when they showed Red Death. The whole, "don't put the biscuit in because it gets soggy, oh wait there's brownies too?" killed me.

What's really funny is Gary is making three meals a day for everyone chained up, and the guy wouldn't eat anything. What's even funnier knowing that is when he blew up at the Monarch for being late to supper (at 4). When is he doing all this cooking. If you're going out to arch all night, I'd rather eat earlier anyway, so that made sense to me. You want to eat and digest first. 

I don't get how Red Death found "Morpho's" lair though. That seemed to happen fast.