Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: 2016

More references to Abbi's ass! Wow did she look fantastic. Dat ass for sure. 

I don't like when the women are separated as much, even though this was funny. The chocolate fountain at the DMV killed me. And all the questions about Clinton, which didn't surprise me.

Her brother was looking at Trey's video!

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1

Did they air this episode twice, once at 10 and again at 10:30? I tried to extend my recording to catch Not Safe at 10:30, and wound up with two copies of Broad City. Confusing.

I'm starting to find Ilana a bit annoying.

(edited)

I need a chiropracter like Hawkeye who can crack all my joints AND give me a fabulous haircut with one snip of the scissors. Ha, the look on his face when she farted was hilarious!

I was totally cracking up when I saw that Ilana's brother was watching Trey's video. I love when they throw back to old stuff like that. Man, THAT'S what Abbi should have reminded herself of last week when she was thinking about Trey at the party.

I finally realized who Trey reminds me of: a more mellow version of Marshall Adams on Dorm Life!

Bike messenger really does seem like the ideal job for Ilana. She can wear whatever she wants, be totally obnoxious, and ride around the city yelling at taxi drivers while wearing another wig helmet.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Bike messenger is the perfect job for Abbi. She doesn't have to be stuck in one place for hours on end, and she can stop and smoke up all day. 

I laughed when she dropped off the package by looking at everyone's ass. 

• Love 1

I think this season, even though I'm an Ilana fan, I'm finding her schtick a little tedious, and really loving Abbi.    Hillary who?  The cameo I loved tonight was Alan Alda's.  

Word on all of the callbacks-- I love them.

Hmm...nobody's mentioned the opening scene, and what was going on in the background.  Mr. Outlier doesn't watch the show but I had him watch that, and he didn't notice anything, so I'm wondering which one of us is the true outlier--the one who noticed it or the one who didn't. 

• Love 2

The passport photo with the bee! 
I may have enjoyed the photo stuff more because I watched this the day before I was getting a headshot taken at work.  The day before the headshot, my hair got a perfect wave in it all by itself.  Day of the headshot: no wave.  The photographer (a colleague of mine) nicely told me he could get rid of the flyaway pieces of hair "in post".
I guess Ilana and her brother are both fans of Kirk Steele.

Hmm...nobody's mentioned the opening scene, and what was going on in the background.  Mr. Outlier doesn't watch the show but I had him watch that, and he didn't notice anything, so I'm wondering which one of us is the true outlier--the one who noticed it or the one who didn't. 

I saw someone being carted away by EMTs in the background, but I missed what had actually happened to them.  Naturally, Ilana and Abbi noticed nothing and found the park to be idyllic (I don't remember the actual word they used).

• Love 1
I saw someone being carted away by EMTs in the background, but I missed what had actually happened to them.  Naturally, Ilana and Abbi noticed nothing and found the park to be idyllic (I don't remember the actual word they used).

It was a whole thing where someone fell down all those stairs (in two shifts), people ran over to help, I think someone took a photo of the person lying at the bottom of the stairs and ran away (I have an old TV and have trouble seeing things (I HATE it when they show text messages on the screen because I can't read them)), and EMTs showed up and carted the person off on a gurney.  It occupied the empty space between Abbi and Ilana.  If you listen carefully, you can hear a scream at the beginning of it--that's what made me look up there.

[Edit:  It's Abbi, not Abby.]

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 1

It was a whole thing where someone fell down all those stairs (in two shifts), people ran over to help, I think someone took a photo of the person lying at the bottom of the stairs and ran away (I have an old TV and have trouble seeing things (I HATE it when they show text messages on the screen because I can't read them)), and EMTs showed up and carted the person off on a gurney. It occupied the empty space between Abby and Ilana. If you listen carefully, you can hear a scream at the beginning of it--that's what made me look up there.

I didn't even notice; now I have to go back and watch!

I actually had to watch that scene twice because I was so fixated on the background drama the first time that I wasn't paying attention to the conversation! I believe it was a woman in a wheelchair who fell in two stages, with some ignoring her and others eventually helping. I guess it was about how oblivious our girls are to anything but each other and their "serene day in the park" or whatever they said, was the punchline.

Not my favorite ep but I agree that Alda was great! And I'd like to look at the DMV line again, I bet there were details there that I missed.

• Love 1

it was a woman in a wheelchair who fell in two stages, with some ignoring her and others eventually helping

And if I'm not mistaken, when the woman was lying at the bottom of the stairs, some lowlife stole her wheelchair and ran off with it.

• Love 1

One of the moments I liked in the episode was when Abbi went to get her hair styled, and the neighboring female stylist was so busy eavesdropping on Abbi that she accidentally snipped her client's her hair. The parallel to that was Abbi's stylist becoming passive aggressive when she shared that she had $15 coupon from Deals! Deals! Deals! and deliberately snipping her hair the way the other stylist accidentally snipped her clients hair. And as if that weren't enough, he decided that he'd be so rough on her hair!

Serene.  "Damn, the park is like, serene today."

And if I'm not mistaken, when the woman was lying at the bottom of the stairs, some lowlife stole her wheelchair and ran off with it.

Just dropped in to mention the background action, and the wheelchair thief (which was a nice touch).

The surreal-ity of the DMV sequences - how dismal the initial visit was compared to how OTT wonderful the appointment visit was - reminded me of a Man Seeking Woman episode.

I was wondering why Miranda, er, the campaign headquarters manager, was putting up with Ilana's shenanigans, but then I realized that her being a volunteer might receive more tolerance than an employer would have given. Hilary seemed to be stunt casting-ish, but Ilana and Abbi are probably supporters IRL, so that's okay. Bully pulpit and whatnot.  Liked the callback to the Blowy Arm Air Dancer Guy. Who was actually a woman.

Overall, I enjoyed this ep.  As usual.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 2