Type keyword(s) to search

Legends Fan Thread

• Start Topic

How about:

The Waverider Presents:  Fanfic, Fan Art and other Creative Endeavors

It's along the line of what they've done in the Arrow thread (Clocktower Theater) and The Flash thread (A Star Labs Production)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I thought this fic was cute. It's maybe a little OOC, but it made me laugh.

You Have Failed This Puppy, by skyline

The Waverider team acquires a puppy. Post 1x07 Marooned.

My favorite part:

Ray looks mournfully at the dog, it’s little green cowl askew. “Rip Hunter. You have failed this puppy.”

“I don’t understand what you’re saying. Does anyone understand what he’s saying?” Rip asks the rest of the crew.

Sara doesn’t stop laughing for at least five minutes.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

I had some plot bunny ideas for promps bite me. I love cross overs, so here. Some how the Legends end up meeting , The Avengers, they would have to drag Tony Stark kicking and screaming out of the Waverider. Torchwood, early Torchwood, Jack's reaction to the Legends alone would be worth it. Agents of SHIELD, the list goes on and on.

• Love 2

I would love some Doctor Who/Legends crossover fic, but no one seems to be writing it.

Here's a couple of fic recs to maybe re-kickstart this thread.

If I Never, by Jael.  Sara/Snart, WIP.  I rarely read, much less rec, WIPs.  But there seems to be a shortage of good in-character fic out there for this pairing.  This writer really does seem to have the characters' voices down. 

Ghosts of Tomorrow, by DarkestSight.  No ships. A short scene between Mick and Rip post-finale.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

That was one of the better Sara/Snart fics I read. Most of them are so OOC that I don't even bother. 

That's me as well.  They are not a fluffy domestic pairing, and so few fics seem to get them actually in character in my opinion.  But I thought this author did a good job.  She seems, for now, to be updating fairly regularly.

tarotx, I'm actually the opposite! :) I like my fanfic epic (assuming it's well written).  When I first start reading in a fandom, I go in and mark the complete only checkbox and then sort by word count. 

This fandom hasn't really had a chance to develop the epic length fics yet though.  We'll see what happens over the summer.  But in the meantime I've ended up reading more short fics due to the relative scarcity. :)

Some do.  I generally don't read WIPs so I think it saves me some of that.  And some of that you can tell pretty quick - for example, if the list of tags is longer than the summary.  :)

I don't know.  I've read a lot of good epic length fic in several fandoms.  There is a lot of not-so-good stuff as well, but I haven't found myself getting burned that often, as long as I stick to certain filters.  

I don't read a lot of fan fic lately because I find I enjoy it at first and then it loses my interest because of either becoming boring or a lot of OOC. That's why I love the short one (even this Sara and Snart one I commented after just reading chapter one :p Yes I like them short. I did go back and read the rest though . I guess I like short stories instead of Novels. Though in original fiction, it's the other way around. 

I'm very picky about fanfic (it doesn't help that I tend to like characters that no one else does :-P) but I really enjoyed that Ghosts of Tomorrow one.  The author has a few other Rip Hunter fanfics that I enjoyed as well.

• Love 1

Here's a short fic from Sholio, who is one of my favorite fic authors ever.   I first started reading her fic back in my SGA fandom days.  I didn't even know she had watched LoT, much less was writing fiction for it.  She's been focused on White Collar and Agent Carter recently.   This is only one fic, but hopefully she writes more.  She does fantastic gen fic, and that's something that's in very short supply in this fandom.  This fic is about young Mick and Sara, taking care of babies, when they were kidnapped by their older selves.  It's young!Mick POV.

Boys Town, by Sholio.  Gen.  3,124 words. 

• Love 1

If I may ask, what does "gen fic" mean, and in contrast to what (i.e., if this is in short supply, what isn't in short supply)? Dad types want to know!  :D

7 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Here's a short fic from Sholio, who is one of my favorite fic authors ever.   I first started reading her fic back in my SGA fandom days.  I didn't even know she had watched LoT, much less was writing fiction for it.  She's been focused on White Collar and Agent Carter recently.   This is only one fic, but hopefully she writes more.  She does fantastic gen fic, and that's something that's in very short supply in this fandom.  This fic is about young Mick and Sara, taking care of babies, when they were kidnapped by their older selves.  It's young!Mick POV.

Boys Town, by Sholio.  Gen.  3,124 words. 

Thanks, I enjoyed that story. It's hard to find good LoT fics so I appreciate recs instead of having to wade through all the OOC fics out there. Especially Captain Canary fics, those two are written so OOC I might as well be reading about some other characters that have the same names. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

If I may ask, what does "gen fic" mean, and in contrast to what (i.e., if this is in short supply, what isn't in short supply)? Dad types want to know!  :D

Yes, it means no shipping.   It used to mean (shows age) just no explicit fic.  Thus the General Audiences (shortened to Gen) tag.  Somewhere along the way it started to mean no shipping, and I think that's the most generally accepted meaning nowadays.  

In recent years, I've occasionally seen the Gen tag applied to fic that is explicit but is not focused on shipping, but I'm not sure that usage is as common yet.

• Love 1

Another Sholio fic:

Glass Walls, 5183 words, no pairings.

Summary:

Rip is gone, except he's not. A slightly AU take on the first half of season two.

Notes:

<cut>

Canon-compliant up until going AU during 2x08 (and it'll be massively jossed when the show comes back, I realize). 

I wish there was more fic in this fandom without pairings.  I love the team fics, and my old fandoms had so much, but nowadays (yes, get off my lawn) it seems like everything is about the ships.  And there's really no ships in this fandom I'm interested in reading fic for, but I'm all about the team.  And there just isn't much to choose from.  /whine   Sorry. :)

• Love 1

I hear you.  I really loved Sara and loved Snart but they were miles away from being a lovely dovey couple and yet it's all I ever seem to run across.  I could have shipped them in time, but I just don't buy into most writer's characterization since we never got that far.    

Fanfic has become all about ships. Which is probably why I stopped reading them. 

The Sara/Snart fics are especially OC. Even if they were able to be together I could never see them a lovey dovey couple. I think they would be the couple that you wouldn't even know was a couple unless they told you. Any intimate moments would be when it was just the two of them. 

• Love 1

Not sure if these are allowed on the Legends Forum so my apologies and please remove if they break any rules! 

I was stocktaking my fics and found these that are Ray prominent. I love Ray and am on a mission to give him something to do other than be the losing side of a love triangle with Olicity.

Aspects of Love - Ray and Felicity happily ever after short story. Not for Felicity haters as he ends up with her in this fic.

Born To Try - Olicity romance but features Ray as one of the main characters and rewrites S1 of Arrow with Ray joining Team Arrow before Felicity does. 

• Love 2

I was thinking about the first season, and how Casper Crump was all wrong for Vandal Savage (not to mention that the show's vision of Vandal Savage was all wrong). So I started thinking, if I were to cast a "real" immortal caveman Vandal Savage, who would capture the character I know, and it occurred to me...

The Undertaker.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

Well, here's something no one saw coming...

Awwwww. I imagine fondue nights with those two and Casper Crump. And I did like the idea of the wings just popping up without wrecking clothing.

Here are a few more Legends-themed sketches: Captain Cold by Kristen Gudsnuk (Big Apple Con 2016), Heat Wave by Steiner Palomino (Big Apple Comic Con 2017), Prof. Stein and Firestorm by Erik Klaus (East Coast Comicon 2017; this wound up drawn away from my sketchbook), and Atom by Bill Walko (New York Comic Con 2018).

captcold.jpg.58ecf89121f9097805d947fdae63d4c2.jpg heatwave.jpg.d1d1fddf71ffffce6026918dbb16ac1b.jpgfirestorm-lot.jpg.25c8293ddb5abeb5cd491c2530bb0d4f.jpgAtom-LoT.thumb.jpg.03a45c1a6360fc63aef1bd9b495a90af.jpg

• Love 2