Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: The Breach

On the day of the heist, Harlee realizes she misplaced her trust in Stahl but it's too late to back down.  Harlee tries to get immunity for her crew as she participates in the heist knowing that it will lead to Wozniak's arrest.  Miguel discovers Harlee's secret.  Loman unwittingly witnesses the heist just as the exchange goes terribly wrong.

It's been renewed.

Lying must be genetic in this universe because Christina does it with such ease. There must be some lying gene in both the Santos and Zapeda genomes.

Or lying must be something that is much more common in the Shades universe because this must be why characters like Saperstein, Loman, and Chen find themselves in such peril or creating chaos because of their relative truthfulness.

I'm glad someone has finally figured out that Stahl is obsessed with Harlee. Such a creeper. He's basically botched this entire operation.

I hope someone will rescue Loman.

• Love 1

It's been renewed.

I hope someone will rescue Loman.

Oh crap I was hoping it wouldn't be renewed so I wouldn't feel obligated to watch it and bitch about it. 

I also hope someone helps Loman I stated a couple of episodes back he is the only character I even care about. The rest can all get sent up the river or taken down in a shoot out. There is just not any qualities in the other characters to make me care to even keep up with their lives. I know I do not have to like everyone in a series, but it is a really bad sign when I like Harlee's abusive ex more than anyone else on the show.

• Love 1

Yeah I laughed at the "oh shit." Snuck it in right at 10:59 and Liotta said it so quietly that if anyone gets in a twist about it (which, really? in 2016?) they could make a cause for him just saying "oh shoot."

I think this show is balancing it's different elements pretty well, getting them all to overlap and affect each other. That can be very hard to do. At the very least the plot feels like it was thought out and constructed and not just made up on the fly.

I know Harlee's been lying to her, but would Cristina really believe Miguel when he said that Harlee fell down the stairs by accident? That's such a cliched abuser cop-out, I would think anyone even as young as her could smell the bullshit.

Glad they're reinforcing Stahl being gross and creepy, it reassures me that he and Harlee won't be a thing.

• Love 2

I think Harlee is her own sort of "gross and creepy" given how corrupt she is, how she lies - to everyone - So, maybe her and Stahl's brand of creepy will end up meshing.  They deserve each other.

I'm with a poster above - I don't care about any of these people - And, her still behaving outraged by everything asked of her given her corruption - well, that is tiresome.  Engage in massive, ongoing criminality? - well, what's to care about?  It's just greed, nothing more complex than that.  "It's not what it looks like?"  So contemptuous of her to insult Loman's intelligence that way - better to have just to kept her mouth shut.  But then, she wouldn't be able to lie....

I tried - I did - but there's enough awful human beings in the real world - I'd like a few not so disgusting ones in my entertainment.  Here - for me - they have made everyone unrootable.  

• Love 2

Hey, I actually liked this episode. Stuff happened and the story moved along. Best ep so far IMO.

The opening sequences, however, almost made me puke. Stahl having sex ... just a big fat NO to that on my tv. I fought a strong urge to turn the channel. But Woz waiting outside to bust "Harlee" was a golden moment. Gold, I say!

I have a real problem with Miguel though. If Harlee's apartment is in a secure building where people have to be buzzed in, how the heck did he get in her freaking BEDROOM?

And where in the world was he when he was pruning a garden? Did he live there or work there? And how did Harlee know where to find him? And she's going to give him big $$ to get out of town? And now he's investigating the guy falling off the building? WTH? None of that worked for me. Just arrange for the guy to be in some heist and get killed, Woz.

Once I was running and fell flat on my face on the cement. My nose broke my fall. I had a bloody nose for about an hour, and a few days later had a minor black eye. Other than that, I've fallen a couple time head-first over a deck railing, fallen off of multiple horses, had horses fall on top of me, had horses drag me while running over me, been thrown head-first into a fence and have even run into a few doors. I've never gotten a facial bruise from any of those event. So yeah, that "she fell and that's why she's all bruised" is so much BS, even for a fake tv show. 

Christina is massively stupid. I don't even cut her slack for being a kid. She can google spousal abuse and see a bunch of photos like what her mom showed her. Moron.

Lohman tracking the killer who turned out to be the armored-car driver ... genius. But he should have been all, "Hey, HI you guys," when he came upon the heist. For him to try to arrest all of his buddies? Man, poor choice. He had already called it in, they all needed to get the heck out of Dodge, or just make the whole thing about arresting the driver for murder.

Too funny that the team boosted a car to make it to the heist in time. Great moment.

• Love 2
And where in the world was he when he was pruning a garden? Did he live there or work there? And how did Harlee know where to find him?

that was at his mother's place where she founds him the first time.

Edited by eliza
  • Love 1

I guess I missed Miguel even having a mother. Well, a living one anyway. So thanks for that, Eliza.

Why the lie about Miguel missing his parole hearing and Christina had to BE CAREFUL! because now Miguel was "on the loose"? I didn't get that story line at all. Just tell Christina that Miguel is not trustworthy and she could be kidnapped or something. Isn't that scary enough?

• Love 1

I haven't been commenting, but I'm still watching and enjoying. I like the way everything is imploding and want to see what happens next- which is all I ask of most TV.  I also appreciate that everyone can really act.

• Love 6

OK, I actually enjoyed this one.  I liked that almost everything storyline ended up playing a part in the heist, and how even the fetish guy's death was important, because it leads to Lomen following the armored car, and now he's stuck in the middle of this thing.  I have no idea how's he going to get out of this.  He doesn't strike me as someone who will be down with just keeping his mouth shut or being on the take, so will Woz and the rest really let him leave?

Also, not only is Donnie the guy who killed the fetish owner (for real estate!), but he just killed their hostage too, I'm guessing, so unless Woz knew and kept it hidden from Harlee, Donnie is off on his own, and Woz has pretty much lost control on that front.

I get Christina is tired of Harlee's lying, but she is now starting to come off extremely gullible.  Is she really falling for Miguel's "She tripped and fell down the stairs!" excuse?  That's is the oldest excuse in the book for abusers, Christina!  Even you have had to have heard that excuse before!

So glad that Stahl's sex scene ended up being with another prostitute, because I really didn't want it to be Harlee.  At least she finally knows how fucked-up he is.  I'm guessing Miguel somehow breaking in and taking the pad is going to lead to Stahl's downfall.

• Love 2

I loved the "oh shiit" to end the epsiode lol

So it wasn't just me who heard it. I was watching with closed captions on, and the CC said, "Oh, shoot." But my first thought was "That's not what I heard."

I get Christina is tired of Harlee's lying, but she is now starting to come off extremely gullible.  Is she really falling for Miguel's "She tripped and fell down the stairs!" excuse?  That's is the oldest excuse in the book for abusers, Christina!  Even you have had to have heard that excuse before!

I'm really bored with the Cristina/Miguel storyline. Every scene is a variation of Your mom lied! I'm your dad! I love you, Cristina, and I want to protect you, so let me lie to you again!