Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Secrets, Lies And Firetrucks

Artsda

When Max learns to lie, he also learns that lies can backfire. Meanwhile, the ladies of the house fall in love with secrets.

Well for sure CCB does not share the same beliefs as her brother after the jumping into Matt's arms and making out.

Sweet scenes about the boys father. Good to have Danny back for them.

• Love 1

Not a bad episode. I think having Danny around was nice, and he got a nice subplot with the boys.

I don't know if Kimmy/Fernando will ever grow on me, but I can see why Kimmy married him. He's charming and quirky in his own way. 

DJ jumping on Matt was definitely surprising, and hilarious. 

The Danny/Jackson/Max storyline was really well done. I'll admit that I felt for them in the bedroom scene with them and DJ. 

Danny getting upset over the couch? Of course he did. I found it sweet that Steph made him a jacket out of the couch, though. Super sweet.

• Love 1

I like that we got to see a picture of DJ's husband. I hope we get to see him in flashback scenes or in home movies. We saw the one clip of Pam Tanner early on during Full House and it gave us just enough insight to show us who she was. Seeing Tommy Fuller is slightly more important to me because I'm curious to see who DJ Tanner married and had three boys with. It's not super important to me, but I'm curious to know who he was because of his connection to DJ during the "lost years."

The bedroom scene was sweet. A conversation about how DJ knew what they were going through because she lost her own mother would have been nice. I'm glad she brought it up with Danny.

• Love 4

I do appreciate that they are bringing up Tommy Fuller sometimes, and even showed a picture of him. I do want to know something about the guy, as his death is what kicked off the show. I always thought they were a little too hesitant to bring up Pam in the original show, so I am glad to see the dad having more of a presence here, at least in spirit.  

• Love 2

I found CCB to pretty good in this episode. I loved when she came back and jumped on Matt to kiss him. Yeah CCB is really conservative and that might be annoying but so what? She also, by all reports I know of, is a nice person who treats people with respect. Seriously I don't need to agree with someone to enjoy their work or hell to even be their friend.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm happy to see how effective CCB is at holding the show together.

She has a lot of screen time, has to work her way through some lame plots, and has had to deliver a lot of colorless exposition. She rarely has the best punchlines. Throughout, she has been charming!

Perhaps CCB doesn't have a Maurice Chevalier or Hayley Mills level of sparkle, but she brings a lot to the table moment-by-moment and scene-by-scene. It is a pleasure to see her at work.

Edited by Josiah Bounderby
  • Love 2

Nice episode.  Bob Saget's voice and acting ability seemed to have improved since we last saw Danny Tanner.  Maybe he just wasn't feeling well the day they shot the first episode.  

I can live with Fernando in small doses, but he had too much screen time this episode, IMO.  He is too much of a cliche.

• Love 2