Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Good for Caila!  I hope she makes the Mavs! It's cool that she is sticking with her dreams of dancing! 

Is there anything to the "partying" concern other than the one picture of her outside of a bar? I really do not think that one picture would get her cut and I don't think it's fair to assume she is a party girl based on one photo. 

Multiple people have seen her out partying, not just the picture. She's well known in Dallas as a party girl lately lol

(edited)
7 hours ago, Shan18 said:

I actually didn't realize shelbi was in this video until you mentioned it. ?

Lol me neither.

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wonder which girls are teaching dances this year...I can definitely see Jenna doing it.  Jessica and Danielle too? 

I'm sure it'd be Jennifer, Jenna and Jessica.

11 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Is there anything to the "partying" concern other than the one picture of her outside of a bar? I really do not think that one picture would get her cut and I don't think it's fair to assume she is a party girl based on one photo. 

I doubt it. Everyone her age does it; I don't think it's a "concern."

Edited by LadyMsJay
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's a concern if people are ratting you out to the director of your squad...that's what probably got her cut. If she's known around Dallas as a party girl, and apparently she is then no team is going to want to take her. Maybe the Mavs will be more lenient but she knows she gained weight due to the partying. It's also a concern because she's underage...

Edited by heatherrrrz
40 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Looks like someone with red hair. Maybe Claire or Raylee?

I think it is Raylee w/ the bad kick on the far right.   Looks like Claire all the way on the left next to Melissa to me.   I think they are Claire, Melissa, Erica, Holly (maybe?) and Raylee in that order.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

It's a concern if people are ratting you out to the director of your squad...that's what probably got her cut. If she's known around Dallas as a party girl, and apparently she is then no team is going to want to take her. Maybe the Mavs will be more lenient but she knows she gained weight due to the partying. It's also a concern because she's underage...

The underage thing is the big red flag for me as they've kept other girls before who were partying but were over 21.  I don't live in the Dallas area so I can't speak to her reputation but even ONE picture of her drinking or at an over 21 bar is unacceptable.  I don't care if everyone her age does it, it's still illegal and the DCC aren't supposed to be like every other girl. Kelli is pretty clear that she expects them to set the standard for classy, law abiding citizens.  

I still like Caila but I have a lot less respect for her.  I would like to see her get back on her feet and hope she takes to heart why she was cut and learns from it. 

• Love 9

I don't think the kick is that bad lol but I'm no expert on kicks. Would Kelli post a photo of a girl who had a bad kick?!

(edited)
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Guess Caila is taking her weight into account, she just posted on twitter a picture with Jay the trainer.

Good for her! I hope she stands a chance but I know it's been speculated that her partying reputation might precede her.

2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah that's weird .. not sure what he meant by that... is he saying she kicks like Jasmine cause that's odd

Agree with heatherzzz. I think whoever posted that thought that it was Jasmine in that pic. If you zoom in it kinda looks like her smile, but Jasmine is obviously taller than that and has legs for days.

I don't think the kick is that bad lol but I'm no expert on kicks. Would Kelli post a photo of a girl who had a bad kick?!

Agree, it very well could be bad timing where her kick came down a millisecond before the other girls, therefore looking "bad". To me it looks much better than Amy rolling up on the ball of her foot. ETA although looking at it again she is very hunched, especially compared to whoever is far left (Claire?).

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

I can see why the underage aspect would be a big deal if she's suppose to be a spokesperson / ambassador / etc. of a professional league.  Other than being illegal, it doesn't represent you in a good light.

If she were a normal human being, it would be a no-no but probably not receive the attention or the consequences that it has ... at her age, she's really not doing anything that millions of 20 year olds aren't doing around the world.  It's just that it represents her "job" in a poor light.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Who's the blond vet that has the amazing flexibility!?

Looks like Melissa to me. 

Update: Sorry-- I was somehow a page behind! I see that this was already discussed.

Edited by omgtv
Just now, sleepyjean said:

Maybe I'm a Caila apologist, but so far, it's all been gossip and one photo of her in a place that is a bar, yes, but is also a restaurant that serves brunch on weekends. *shrugs*

Fair point Sleepy!

I understand why they cut Caila, but at the same time I think she is a great dancer and if she wants to be on the Mavs I hope she makes the team and gets a second chance.   Hopefully she's learned her lesson about the partying in public.

When will we know who tries out and makes the Mavs?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

I understand why they cut Caila, but at the same time I think she is a great dancer and if she wants to be on the Mavs I hope she makes the team and gets a second chance.   Hopefully she's learned her lesson about the partying in public.

I believe their tryouts at July 9th! They only take like a day or two I think 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Maybe I'm a Caila apologist, but so far, it's all been gossip and one photo of her in a place that is a bar, yes, but is also a restaurant that serves brunch on weekends. *shrugs*

I absolutely agree. I don't take all the gossip for gospel either. Just saying I'll be interested to see what happens as it might shed some light.

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

DMD auditions are on 07/09/16. We'll probably find out who makes the team within 2 weeks after that date. Their TC is only 4 days.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

DMD auditions are on 07/09/16. We'll probably find out who makes the team within 2 weeks after that date. Their TC is only 4 days.

Wow only 4 days?  Interesting ... I'd love to see what their TC is like and if it's as hardcore as DCC...

6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

http://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/article79881297.html

i love her, she's literally the perfect dcc ambassador 

Same. She is so, so classy.  I was reading some of the DCC bios on the site and most make me cringe with all the errors, etc. but Jennifer's is great. She actually wrote in complete sentences, finished her thoughts, etc.  

I so wish I could see Amy Simone's number now that she choreographed...Jenn's bio mentioned she's won awards for her choreography so she must do a great job! 

Jennifer is one that I can see being great at Judy's job one day. And I mean even like 10 years down the road. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I was with her until she said they "...kinda got to be, like, latino backup dancers for the day."

Whaaaaa? I know she didn't mean it to sound ignorant, but it did. You would never say you got to be a Chinese backup dancer or a Jewish backup dancer for a day.

Other than that, she was very well spoken and a great representative for the team.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Same. She is so, so classy.  I was reading some of the DCC bios on the site and most make me cringe with all the errors, etc. but Jennifer's is great. She actually wrote in complete sentences, finished her thoughts, etc.  

I so wish I could see Amy Simone's number now that she choreographed...Jenn's bio mentioned she's won awards for her choreography so she must do a great job! 

Jennifer is one that I can see being great at Judy's job one day. And I mean even like 10 years down the road. 

Totally .. she's one of my favorites (and definitely my only favorite of the vets).  She's so likeable to her audience and seems like a "real" person.  She doesn't seem like the uber goofy person like Brittney Schram or the gorgeous one like Holly or Whitney but she seems like the very very pretty next door neighbor that you wannabe BFFs with. 

She truly is the best ambassador for DCC ... I think Keli really appreciates that.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Sooo, she just indicated she might not do 5 years?! Starting at minute 3:20 to the end.

She said as much during her interview on the swimsuit shoot...she said she takes one year at a time and sees how she feels.  She didn't rule out a fifth year but it sounds like they really want to start a family. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Sooo, she just indicated she might not do 5 years?! Starting at minute 3:20 to the end.

That's what I got out of that too, that would be a shame.

re Swimsuit cover: I thought I remembered K+J only taking veterans to the photo shoot in Mexico. I remember K saying they had purchased 20 tickets "for veterans" (S9 maybe?). IIRC, then they changed the policy to include rookies? Or do I have this all wrong? It wouldn't be the first time.

PS I am so glad I found this board. I am not alone in my "obsession".

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Yeah - I noticed that too - if she's not intending to do 5 years that may be a reason they don't make her point.   She is a very well-polished speaker and certainly comes off as very intelligent.  Great ambassador I agree.

She does seem a teeny bit rehearsed to me though - like who is that professional all the time?   Kind of the same thing w/ she who's name we can't say only she is more pageant rehearsed, when Jenn is more news anchor/politician rehearsed.   I like the girls who speak well, but sometimes let the fact that they are "real people" come out.  Kelsey w/ the big smile who just retired was one of the best for this IMO.

Still can't help but love Jennifer - she's a great all around DCC.  The clips of her solo really showed us a lot too.  Really good.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

re Swimsuit cover: I thought I remembered K+J only taking veterans to the photo shoot in Mexico. I remember K saying they had purchased 20 tickets "for veterans" (S9 maybe?). IIRC, then they changed the policy to include rookies? Or do I have this all wrong? It wouldn't be the first time.

The year they did that dumb thing where they announced the swimsuit trip during summer training camp was all fake...NO idea why they made it sound like they go on that trip in the summer! They go in the spring every year so by that time the rookies have had a full season and can go.  

• Love 3

Sunnydays, they pretend that they film the swimsuit during training camp so to explain that they don't have any of the current rookies in it then they only take vets. Does that make sense?

I honestly thought Kelsey would be great at point, or even higher up in the triangle but that's a discussion for the past dcc board.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

How I understand it is that they've always taken rookies, just that year they showed the swimsuit shoot they faked that stuff about "no rookies" for the show.  The timing of the swimsuit shoot is that it happens in the spring even before auditions so the rookies of that season didn't even exist yet ;).   They just put the episodes together in a different order than when things happened when they aired.

Edited by MyFavShows
(edited)

They've always taken the "rookies" who are returning for the next season because they'll soon be going into their first year of being a vet. So when they filmed that scene saying they had 20 tickets for the veterans, the veterans they were referring to included the previous season's rookies. I didn't think they were trying to make it sound like they were taking less girls than they really did. Some of the girls were technically rookies at the time that they actually went on the shoot, but it's implied that they'll be vets in a few months.

I do remember several seasons ago Kelli made a comment about only taking vets on the shoot (not the season where they actually showed the calendar shoot and did that whole scene to set up, this was maybe season three or four), but I assumed the rookies she referred to were actually the TCCs and Kelli was just trying to project the facade that the calendar shoot happens during the summer after TCCs are chosen. I don't understand trying to fool people about something so trivial, but whatever.

Edited by Oranaiche
21 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I noticed that too - if she's not intending to do 5 years that may be a reason they don't make her point.   She is a very well-polished speaker and certainly comes off as very intelligent.  Great ambassador I agree.

She does seem a teeny bit rehearsed to me though - like who is that professional all the time?   Kind of the same thing w/ she who's name we can't say only she is more pageant rehearsed, when Jenn is more news anchor/politician rehearsed.   I like the girls who speak well, but sometimes let the fact that they are "real people" come out.  Kelsey w/ the big smile who just retired was one of the best for this IMO.

Still can't help but love Jennifer - she's a great all around DCC.  The clips of her solo really showed us a lot too.  Really good.

I'm bummed if she doesn't do 5 years ... she's pretty much my fav and after she's gone, not sure if I care about the rest of the girls anymore.  All the good ones that I was invested in (not in a creepy way) have long retired - even Cassie! She wasn't a fav but at least she was interesting storyline.  Nowadays ..yawn yawn

I think she's just very articulate so anything she says sounds rehearsed (because it is so polished and smooth).  Ashley (the chief cheerleader with the pretty blue eyes and stiff dance style) was like that too. 

I really hope they make her point because she deserves it ... it would suck for them not to just because she's not doing a 5th year.  I also love that she's married and seems so normal!

• Love 4

They used to do the calendar shoot after auditions, at which point all of the previous season's rookies who made the team again were considered veterans. But a few years into the show, they changed auditions from April to May, and moved the calendar trip before auditions. I don't understand why. It seems like it would make sense to only take girls who would definitely be on the team again. But maybe they use the trip as a kind of reward for the entire team, for making it through the entire year. Somewhere, Kelli has a file full of swimsuit photos of one-year-wonders, photos that will never see the light of day.

Many many years ago, they used to take legit "just made the team two weeks ago" rookies on the shoot, but that changed a long time ago. I guess they decided the calendar shoot has to be "earned." Or maybe there's another reason. I prefer it the way some other teams do it, where everyone on the team gets to be in the calendar.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

They used to do the calendar shoot after auditions, at which point all of the previous season's rookies who made the team again were considered veterans. But a few years into the show, they changed auditions from April to May, and moved the calendar trip before auditions. I don't understand why. It seems like it would make sense to only take girls who would definitely be on the team again. But maybe they use the trip as a kind of reward for the entire team, for making it through the entire year. Somewhere, Kelli has a file full of swimsuit photos of one-year-wonders, photos that will never see the light of day.

Many many years ago, they used to take legit "just made the team two weeks ago" rookies on the shoot, but that changed a long time ago. I guess they decided the calendar shoot has to be "earned." Or maybe there's another reason. I prefer it the way some other teams do it, where everyone on the team gets to be in the calendar.

Thanks for the info. This makes more sense.

10 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

What I don't understand are how the girls look so amazing for the calendar shoot and then gain by auditions.

yeah me either ... I think they probably starve themselves silly and cut off all carbs, fat, sugar beforehand so they look amazing.  And then they come home and of course can gorge on all the food they restricted themselves from and you balloon right back up. 

They either do that or they do something like having juice only or even worst, the master juice cleanse...

All quick ways to look fabulously amazingly thin and then gain right afterwards

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

What I don't understand are how the girls look so amazing for the calendar shoot and then gain by auditions.

It's classic health class stuff, they don't eat and have a juice cleanse for weeks before the shoot and then start to eat again after the shoot.

I'm sure a lot of these girls completely wreck their metabolisms while on the squad. :-/  I feel bad because I know that pressure has to be insane...and frustrating when you have girls who seem to be naturally thin like Lacey and Jinelle (though I know Jinelle IS super healthy)

It doesn't seem like any of the new girls have weight issues though, most are pretty thin unless I'm forgetting someone...

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm sure a lot of these girls completely wreck their metabolisms while on the squad. :-/  I feel bad because I know that pressure has to be insane...and frustrating when you have girls who seem to be naturally thin like Lacey and Jinelle (though I know Jinelle IS super healthy)

It doesn't seem like any of the new girls have weight issues though, most are pretty thin unless I'm forgetting someone...

I think when they're trying out for the first time, they probably do whatever they need to to come across as the perfectly formed and figured DCC...come year 2 and 3 is when the pudding be showin'.  Is Jinelle super healthy?  I always thought she was naturally a stick?

(edited)

I'm predicting right here that if Jenn makes point, she'll stay for 5. If they choose someone else, she'll retire at 4.

the only thing I see stopping her from being point is all the comments on weight gain. She hasn't had injuries. If we see it, many others who see her in person see it more. If she is really ready to have kids, and she's fighting weight even a teeny bit, it just makes sense to not wreck her body with weight control. That can also really mess with your cycle and fertility, if there's extensive weight restriction, and one more year on the line isn't worth not having the family you yearn for.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I think when they're trying out for the first time, they probably do whatever they need to to come across as the perfectly formed and figured DCC...come year 2 and 3 is when the pudding be showin'.  Is Jinelle super healthy?  I always thought she was naturally a stick?

I think she is naturally thin (from the few pics i've seen of her sister, brother, etc.) but she has talked before about regular workouts, eating a lot of vegetables, staying away from processed foods...i will see if i can find where I read her comments on it.  

5 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Actually, when you think of vets who have been cut or called out for getting bigger, I sometimes wonder if they had shown up day 1 at their "heavier" weight, maybe TPTB would have liked them fine and then they would have had an easier time maintaining.   Lol - like don't set the bar so high from the beginning ;).

Like they don't seem to care about Amy T's bottom-heaviness, but I guarantee if one of the traditionally skinnier vets showed up to auditions the size of Amy T, they'd be in trouble (for instance, like Caila this year).

• Love 2
(edited)
52 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

They don’t look amazing for the calendar shoot.  That’s the point.  The girls that were cut for weight all showed up heavy for the calendar shoot.  It’s only a few weeks in between.

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

yeah me either ... I think they probably starve themselves silly and cut off all carbs, fat, sugar beforehand so they look amazing.  And then they come home and of course can gorge on all the food they restricted themselves from and you balloon right back up. 

They either do that or they do something like having juice only or even worst, the master juice cleanse...

All quick ways to look fabulously amazingly thin and then gain right afterwards

If they'd just eat healthy as a lifestyle they wouldn't have to do such crazy things. There are ways to lean out right before a shoot or audition that aren't awful as long as they eat clean as a regular lifestyle. 

But yeah, they must come back and live at Whataburger or something.

1 hour ago, caligirl50 said:

They don’t look amazing for the calendar shoot.  That’s the point.  The girls that were cut for weight all showed up heavy for the calendar shoot.  It’s only a few weeks in between.

When my friend was a DCC the calendar shoot was in March and auditions in May. That's more than a few weeks. This was 2013. There have been several instances in the past where vets looked great at the calendar shoot and heavier at auditions. Not sure about the timing this year, but I thought Caila looked pretty good for the calendar. But I could be misremembering!

• Love 1

Looking at the Star Magazine Calendar Shoot Cover selection...Chantel looks like Nicole B. in her picture. Some of the girls look like their heads were put on someone else's body. I wonder who selects the twelve pictures and why did they pick certain ones. Lacey, Jinelle, Holly and Erica are my favorites.

referring to Jenn K.  and her doing 4 or 5 years. I was told by a very reliable source that she as of now is only planning on doing 4 years this being her last so she can focus more on her home life and begin making a family. by all accounts she would and should be point of the pyramid. I am hoping that comes to fruition. I will say I'm happy they are working kick so early this year to ensure its a strong solid kick line since there were some kicks that weren't up to par in my opinion last year. I believe is saw I couple pages back someone asking if they would move to Frisco mid camp. The Star is scheduled to open August 5th after the squad is already chosen so I don't believe they will. I could see them doing a tour like they did in season 8 of the stadium, but we will see!

• Love 3