Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

It's not that I'm baying for blood, I pretty much wish they could all stay.. These cuts have to happen. Best off to rip it off like a plaster and get it over with so they can move onto other stuff. They've already missed Mavs auditions, getting cut now means they at least have time to prepare for Ice Girls. Not fair to string it out like this. 

• Love 3

Oh I agree JC123, better they go early so they can try for somethinng else, but I am not one of the people who can't wait for the bloodbath to begin. 

I'm not big on reality TV because I hate seeing people humiliated ?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I know Kat is universally beloved and all, but if she went on a stadium tour and had her pic taken in front of her old locker, that is truly eye roll worthy.  Give it up, girl.

This. 

• Love 2

Word is trickling out, three were called in. One of them was someone I don't think anyone has even talked about more than just in naming the TCCs early on- which means she must not stand out. Yuko, Kelsey, Heather, Kelli Q among those not called in. That's all I can say.

6 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Word is trickling out, three were called in. One of them was someone I don't think anyone has even talked about more than just in naming the TCCs early on- which means she must not stand out. Yuko, Kelsey, Heather, Kelli Q among those not called in. That's all I can say.

Those are four girls I like so WHEW (at least so far).  Hmm...who have we not talked about much...Milan? I keep forgetting she is there. Allie G? 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I know Kat is universally beloved and all, but if she went on a stadium tour and had her pic taken in front of her old locker, that is truly eye roll worthy.  Give it up, girl.

lol ... yeah - didn't wanna say it but yeah

• Love 2

I hope that they don't make the girls who will be cut wait until the very last minute and give them false hope for the sake of the show. I hope they at least give them some indication and not completely blindside them. I can't even imagine the nerves of the ones one the line. They are human. I am a nervous wreck. 

21 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Which Heather is for sure safe? Hoping its Heather H!

• Love 1

For last night, both!  I'm not an insider, just know a lot of current/former. I honestly do not know if cuts were made or not, I just know the three were called in and what for or at least what they were told.  

3 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

For last night, both!  I'm not an insider, just know a lot of current/former. I honestly do not know if cuts were made or not, I just know the three were called in and what for or at least what they were told.  

Ok, I know you don't want to give more names, but can you say what they were told? That might be interesting, for our sleuthing purposes.

On July 17, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Moxiejan said:

1 minute ago, Sandiedog said:

Is it possible we could be looking at a larger team this year or am I in denial about the cuts that are destined to come?

No. Their budget is 36. Unless Kelli gets approval from Charlotte to take more- and that budget was probably set awhile back.

• Love 1

I love Allie D so I'm hoping it's not her, along with Milan cause I think they're both super adorable.

1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm hoping Auto Amy gets cut -- by all accounts, she's got a terrible attitude.

Wow really?!? That's terrible to hear. She seems so humble and down to earth to me based on what little face time she has gotten on TV. On her IG she is always nice. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm hoping Auto Amy gets cut -- by all accounts, she's got a terrible attitude.

I agree..I loved her a few years ago, but now I feel like she has the "Vivian effect" where she thinks she's all that when her dance ability isn't anything special. She's not my least favorite, but I would be SO surprised if she made the team

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Is it possible we could be looking at a larger team this year or am I in denial about the cuts that are destined to come?

Wouldn't that be awesome!! I hope so too, I'll be in denial with you! 

I am kind of hoping Amy ends up being this year's Taylor...everyone last year was brutal toward Taylor during prep, etc like "ugh, such a show off, her attitude, she is going to be such a camera hog!!" and she was totally different on the show.  Down to earth, great dancer and didn't try to constantly steal the spotlight.  Everyone is so ready to massacre Amy, I guess I'm the lone reed here who hopes she proves people wrong and is really like-able during camp.  

Courtney also got sniped on during the first couple episodes where everyone thought she seemed 'desperate' and "camera hog" and she ended up being a lot of people's favorite.  I am fine to sit and wait for the show to air and see how people come across :) 

Also agree with everyone that I'd SO love to see a bigger team this year...even 38 would be wonderful!! 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I am kind of hoping Amy ends up being this year's Taylor...everyone last year was brutal toward Taylor during prep, etc like "ugh, such a show off, her attitude, she is going to be such a camera hog!!" and she was totally different on the show.  Down to earth, great dancer and didn't try to constantly steal the spotlight.  Everyone is so ready to massacre Amy, I guess I'm the lone reed here who hopes she proves people wrong and is really like-able during camp.  

Courtney also got sniped on during the first couple episodes where everyone thought she seemed 'desperate' and "camera hog" and she ended up being a lot of people's favorite.  I am fine to sit and wait for the show to air and see how people come across :) 

Also agree with everyone that I'd SO love to see a bigger team this year...even 38 would be wonderful!! 

I totally agree with everything you said!!! 

• Love 2

Courtney was my favorite girl to get cut last year, I'm hoping I don't have that happen again this year with a girl I'm rooting for lol

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Courtney was my favorite girl to get cut last year, I'm hoping I don't have that happen again this year with a girl I'm rooting for lol

Please refresh my memory...having a senior moment. Why can't I remember Courtney?

I just don't get why a large number of people here seem to hate Amy and are rooting for her to fail. I'm not actively opposed to any of these girls because I don't know them (most everyone on here also doesn't). Of course there are some girls who I personally don't think have the "X factor" or the look, dance, etc... but it's bizarre to me that people hold an intense, seething vendetta against certain people we've seen on TV for all of 10 minutes.

That being said, I know 6 cuts seems like a lot but I'm sure there are at least 6 who are on the bubble in some fashion so I'm SUPER excited to see who makes it all the way. It's down to the wire and I'm just...on the edge of my recliner.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Please refresh my memory...having a senior moment. Why can't I remember Courtney?

The real peppy blonde girl...they kept talking about how confident she was that year but her technique was apparently not good.  Judy was always complaining about her feet. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

She was the perky blonde, who hardly ever got called out and was one of the very last cut.

(edited)

I just recently re-watched season 10 - like had it going from the DVR over the weekend through yesterday - Courtney WAS a camera hog and really seemed to think she had it in the bag for the first half of the season - she was annoying if you didn't know she eventually got cut.   Watching it again I felt bad knowing how it ended for her, but I remembered why she annoyed me too if that makes sense.   Amy Simone was extremely annoying w/ her crying and pleading, and I know you all love her, but so was Madeline - ugh - like goodness - it was the first night of training camp on the show and K&J had told her her kicks were tight (and they were!) and she was blubbering in full KD fashion afterwards - Melissa butted in an was "why are you crying!" and it was super awkward.   All 3 of them were very annoying last season to me and watching it again I remembered why.   Taylor was very likable and so were most of the others.

How about how my 13 year old just LOVES Meliisa R - she thinks she so nice and loves all the scenes where she helps the girls and gives them pointers ;).   She never watches DWTS, so really only knows her from her scenes on MTT, and she loves her and hopes they show more of her mentoring.  Lol - so that's the perspective of youth :).

Edited by MyFavShows

Amy is extremely humble and kind. I've never noticed her RBF until someone mentioned it. And it's RESTING as in THATS JUST HER FACE. She's working on it. She's just not that Brittany Evans type that's always smiling. There's a reason why sweet girls like Kelli Q and Steph Larson hang out with her!

• Love 15

I hope that Selina was not one of the three TCCs called in last night.  

If she was in fact cut for weight issues last year, as a previous poster suggested, then she has clearly remedied that problem.  Selina has photographed photogenically, and with a definite "DCC"  figure and look, in every group photo they have posted from training camp this season -- even when posed next to such lovely veterans as Kashara.

Personally, I also hope the DCC take 38 women this year, and that their community outreach and service can be of some comfort and consolation to the City of Dallas.

• Love 6

I don't think Courtney was a camera hog, I just think she had a really great personality and CMT liked how she appeared on camera. She's definitely not like that from what I can tell. 

Auto Amy comes across as someone who is  very bright and knows what she wants! I don't get the "Vivian vibe" at all from her. I am rooting for her (and her little legs) 

• Love 10

In defense of Courtney, Amy, Madeleine and Kelsey, they all put themselves out there by agreeing to be profiled for CMT's DCC: Making the Team.

As an original fan of the show, which my eleven-year old daughter -- a dancer -- and I enjoy watching together, I appreciate that there are always women willing to be individually profiled for the show, because it makes for more interesting and compelling television when you feel that you know a candidate and are invested in them.

The upside for a particular candidate is that you help and support both the DCC organization and MTT, and in doing so demonstrate that you are a team player.  

The downside, of course, is that the cameras capture and focus on your every emotional response, talent flaw, mistake, and personal quirk.  That focus makes us like or root for a particular candidate, but can also be seen as too much of a good thing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I wish Courtney would have tried out again this year, absolutely loved her!

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I just recently re-watched season 10 - like had it going from the DVR over the weekend through yesterday - Courtney WAS a camera hog and really seemed to think she had it in the bag for the first half of the season - she was annoying if you didn't know she eventually got cut.   Watching it again I felt bad knowing how it ended for her, but I remembered why she annoyed me too if that makes sense.   Amy Simone was extremely annoying w/ her crying and pleading, and I know you all love her, but so was Madeline - ugh - like goodness - it was the first night of training camp on the show and K&J had told her her kicks were tight (and they were!) and she was blubbering in full KD fashion afterwards - Melissa butted in an was "why are you crying!" and it was super awkward.   All 3 of them were very annoying last season to me and watching it again I remembered why.   Taylor was very likable and so were most of the others.

How about how my 13 year old just LOVES Meliisa R - she thinks she so nice and loves all the scenes where she helps the girls and gives them pointers ;).   She never watches DWTS, so really only knows her from her scenes on MTT, and she loves her and hopes they show more of her mentoring.  Lol - so that's the perspective of youth :).

Do y'all think it's a good thing or a bad thing to be "sent to" Melissa R.  for pointers? Like who gets chosen to go do that, and typically how many of those featured with Melissa R. actually make it on the team? 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I hope that Selina was not one of the three TCCs called in last night.  

If she was in fact cut for weight issues last year, as a previous poster suggested, then she has clearly remedied that problem.  Selina has photographed photogenically, and with a definite "DCC"  figure and look, in every group photo they have posted from training camp this season -- even when posed next to such lovely veterans as Kashara.

Personally, I also hope the DCC take 38 women this year, and that their community outreach and service can be of some comfort and consolation to the City of Dallas.

My heart melted about that last part(my husband just retired from law enforcement last year). Californiagirl I love what you said, very well put.

• Love 4