Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, LadyMsJay said:

Not at all. 

*Emily.. Because poor girl 

lol her too definitely. I like Emily but still, stick with the mavs if DCC doesn't want you

7 minutes ago, Stinkerbell said:

Don't I remember them putting braces on some of the girls in earlier seasons? On the inside of their teeth so they don't show? Do they not have that option anymore?

That was Nicole Hamilton who had them on the back of her teeth.  They do still have that option at most orthodontists!

• Love 1

Wonder why Emily not in the show group audition pic if she wasn't cut?  Was she in a makeshift office?

I kind of think it's a little rude to take a big group photo w/ everyone but the called into the office girls - do they do that a lot?

1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Wonder why Emily not in the show group audition pic if she wasn't cut?  Was she in a makeshift office?

I kind of think it's a little rude to take a big group photo w/ everyone but the called into the office girls - do they do that a lot?

Isn't that pic on the page of one of the judges? Maybe he wanted to get one with the girls and couldn't wait till the meetings were over? i have no clue, just thinking out loud LOL 

Sorry for the delay, didn't realize it would go to dooms days conspiracy and people getting snippy with one another if the cut rookie candidate was not named ha! Yes, Celinda was cut. I didn't see her making the team back from prelims. Yuko has stated she needs 10 days to handle her visa though not quite sure how she will pull that off. Emily and Yuko are both on the stage in the group photo but are too short to be seen. Kitty was a judge you can see her jacket in the photo of the judges next to the male judge on the end. No one was spoken to last night. Tonight will be a cut night since it's the technical "end" of the episode they are currently filming and the girls are off on Friday-Monday. IMO if Emily or Amy are called in tonight they will be cut. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

i'm just saying Amy was *not* cut! i followed certain girls before they went private so sometimes i can do process of elimination lol obviously not for everyone since most of the girls I dont follow and i doubt they will add strangers before the end of camp...

I asked one of the girls if they were cut (not in a mean way) and they then blocked me.  Ugh - I didn't realize it was going to offend  / annoy them but that was a bit of a bummer I gotta tell you. 

1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

awwww poor Celinda! She looks so cute!! 

I wonder what the issue is with her visa, especially because Jinelle and Angela had a visa and I don't think had an issue! Maybe she applied for a shorter term visa than what she thought was needed

I hope her visa issue clears up - she's so cute and they seem to like her.  Plus I'm hoping for some more minority representation this year (even though some peeps don't consider Asians a minority, I very much do!)

1 hour ago, 2134.dancer said:

Maybe K&J finally saw how awful and distracting Celinda's snaggle tooth is

I don't notice anything awful or distracting about her ... guess I'm missing the snaggle tooth (and I have no clue what that is) ... googling away!

5 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Sorry for the delay, didn't realize it would go to dooms days conspiracy and people getting snippy with one another if the cut rookie candidate was not named ha! Yes, Celinda was cut. I didn't see her making the team back from prelims. Yuko has stated she needs 10 days to handle her visa though not quite sure how she will pull that off. Emily and Yuko are both on the stage in the group photo but are too short to be seen. Kitty was a judge you can see her jacket in the photo of the judges next to the male judge on the end. No one was spoken to last night. Tonight will be a cut night since it's the technical "end" of the episode they are currently filming and the girls are off on Friday-Monday. IMO if Emily or Amy are called in tonight they will be cut. 

Thanks!!  Emily needs to be cut so they doesn't waste anymore of her time (imo she should not make the squad) ... it's time to end her fantasy and keep her on Mavs.  Not trying to be harsh but just would love her to move on.

• Love 1
(edited)

I bet cameos bought Emily a little more time, cause I'm sure she looked great - she's very photogenic in posed photos.   Can look scary in action shots sometimes, but not always.

I've been rooting for Emily, but if she keeps getting called into the office, that's never a good sign.  Her chances of making the squad are probably really low considering how many girls they still need to cut :/.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3

So, let's see...Jenna's group has lost two girls (Celinda and Lindsey) and potentially Yuko if she can't get the Visa stuff worked out. Danielle lost Whitney and Jennifer lost Jackie.  does that sound correct? 

• Love 2
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5:04 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

It would be most appreciated if one of our tech savvy DCC fans repost the photos of the 4 groups. Yes, I can probably find it but still - I appreciate making it easier.

38 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:
For our reference w/ the groups. 

Amy looks like she's photoshopped in because she looks way bigger than the other girls.  She's really lucky they are overlooking that for her (for whatever reason)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

She's so desperate though. If it was her, don't you think we'd have an uber depressing or evil social media post?

Really? "Uber depressing or evil"? I get that some people are not fans of TCC Amy. Obviously their choice. (And one person's "so desperate" is another's "so determined".) But I've never seen anything from her that remotely approaches "evil"; I think it's a really unfortunate choice of words, when we daily see so many examples of true evil in this world. 

• Love 11

Her tan is a little much in that photo too - I love spray tans and think they enhance almost everyone, but a bleached blonde shouldn't have skin that dark.  She's as dark as Auto Amy and Whitney! 

2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don't think it's rude..perhaps in the situations where it actually happens, it just gives them something to do.

56 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Amy looks like she's photoshopped in because she looks way bigger than the other girls.  She's really lucky they are overlooking that for her (for whatever reason)

I don't think the issue of a bad angle will cause her to be looked at any differently against the members of her group.

33 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Really? "Uber depressing or evil"? I get that some people are not fans of TCC Amy. Obviously their choice. (And one person's "so desperate" is another's "so determined".) But I've never seen anything from her that remotely approaches "evil"; I think it's a really unfortunate choice of words, when we daily see so many examples of true evil in this world. 

Exactly. That's a bit extreme.

It's easy for us to forget how  small these girls are. I have seen Amy in person and she is not big at all. But in comparison to people like Jenna she might appear to be bigger because she is bigger boned. Amy is very fit. I would love to look like her. 

• Love 2

Hi guys! I just wanted to take a minute to say Hi! and make sure you move any talk not relating to spoilers and speculation from this thread over to Small Talk. If you aren't seeing your posts here they may have been hidden due to arguing back and forth or being rude to specific posters. Something we like to say is "Snark the show not the posters" so try to keep that in mind when you are posting. If specific posters are getting under your skin please use the Ignore Feature and it will be like they were never here. It makes for a much more enjoyable thread! 

If you have any questions or issues please feel free to PM us! 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, radishcake said:

Hi guys! I just wanted to take a minute to say Hi! and make sure you move any talk not relating to spoilers and speculation from this thread over to Small Talk. If you aren't seeing your posts here they may have been hidden due to arguing back and forth or being rude to specific posters. Something we like to say is "Snark the show not the posters" so try to keep that in mind when you are posting. If specific posters are getting under your skin please use the Ignore Feature and it will be like they were never here. It makes for a much more enjoyable thread! 

If you have any questions or issues please feel free to PM us! 

"Snark the show not the posters" - I love it and couldn't agree more! welcome!! :) 

14 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

It's easy for us to forget how  small these girls are. I have seen Amy in person and she is not big at all. But in comparison to people like Jenna she might appear to be bigger because she is bigger boned. Amy is very fit. I would love to look like her. 

Same.  If my face looked like hers I would take approx 17 selfies a day LOL 

• Love 6

Someone who might know---

Do the team leaders have the main responsibility to train the girls in their groups each night?   If so, I can imagine at times things could get "testy" if a leader doesn't handle things just right.   Who gives Kelly and Judy the synopsis of how things went during practice and who the weak links are when they show up that one time per week?

Amy is big compared to every girl across all 4 pictures above.  Only girls that rival her "width" are much taller than her (like Lindsay and Jax).   If she's not big, all the other girls must be as small as 10 year old girls who can't even wear sizes like 00 and 0 cause they are so small (which I find hard to believe because many of them are taller).

Okay - so maybe even if they are all that crazy small, regardless, Amy still stands out as much bigger than the group, and she's clearly bigger than Holly and Kashara who we know for sure were called out for their weight.   IMO it's a clear double standard when it comes to her that's another DCC mystery.

• Love 3

MyFavShows ~ Thank you so much for posting the 4 groups. See how awesome our little DCC love festival community is.  Ask and ye shall receive-lol.

Now get ready for the "Amy's face is do pretty" comments. 

My question is this...from BEHIND she's BIG. I'm not seeing her face but I am seeing a double standard. 

32 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Amy is big compared to every girl across all 4 pictures above.  Only girls that rival her "width" are much taller than her (like Lindsay and Jax).   If she's not big, all the other girls must be as small as 10 year old girls who can't even wear sizes like 00 and 0 cause they are so small (which I find hard to believe because many of them are taller).

Okay - so maybe even if they are all that crazy small, regardless, Amy still stands out as much bigger than the group, and she's clearly bigger than Holly and Kashara who we know for sure were called out for their weight.   IMO it's a clear double standard when it comes to her that's another DCC mystery.

Madeline in between Jennifer & Melissa is another noticeable difference in figures. Clearly A LOT of weight exceptions are being granted the vets. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

There is a difference between having a "big" frame but no fat on you and being "small" framed and carrying extra weight.  Amy may weigh 124 pounds and have 5% body fat.  Then you can have someone like Jenn K who is 116 but 12% body fat.  While Amy's body would appear bigger, she's lean.  Once K&J make the decision that her frame is ok, I think someone like Amy would run into weight warnings only if she showed up with a higher body fat percentage (looks fluffy).

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

who is that guy on the right? 

I can't see the photo but I think it might be Anthony Ramos, the guy who tweeted about working with the girls last night?

6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I can't see the photo but I think it might be Anthony Ramos, the guy who tweeted about working with the girls last night?

Anthony is the one on the left...the guy on the right hasn't been tagged and I don't recognize him from anywhere! 

4 minutes ago, Sillisusu said:

Kelsey posted a "You can make plans, but God's plans will prevail" type of post on her IG. I really hope she hasn't been cut. I think she'd be great,

From what we've been told, she hasn't been cut, but she has been called into the office a few times -- perhaps she's thinking ahead.  :-( 

(edited)

Kelsey HAS NOT been cut. She is fine I'm assuming she just nervous as are the other girls since Celinda's cut was very unexpected and they all feel a bit on their toes more so. That could be the reason for Emily and Kelsey's post knowing yes they are somewhat in the hot seat. I did hear about a lot of the RC practicing at various studios and football fields today to get some extra kick time and mirror time before tonight's obvious cut night. I would hope to see up to three girls cut tonight to get the real talent their place on the studio floor to prepare for August and learn the rest of the dances needed for first game and Meet the Team. 

Edited by radishcake
Poster callout language
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

You've heard these personally and/or seen examples in her online postings? Because nothing approaching this has been shown on MTT.

Yes I have. MTT doesn't show everything. They make Kelsey look extremely dumb when in real life, she's not like that at all. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Oh gosh I would just hate going into practice knowing someone could get cut

I know right!!

the tears and drama always used to annoy me but I realise now the girls must be just so so on edge all the time, especially if they're being hauled in the office all the time! I used to think the use of the words "pressure cooker" was a bit overdramatic, but I see now that pressure cooker must be a perfect description of the whole experience. 

What week are we on now? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

thank you MyFavShows ... well said

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I know right!!

the tears and drama always used to annoy me but I realise now the girls must be just so so on edge all the time, especially if they're being hauled in the office all the time! I used to think the use of the words "pressure cooker" was a bit overdramatic, but I see now that pressure cooker must be a perfect description of the whole experience. 

What week are we on now? 

Halfway through camp. This ends week 4.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

thank you MyFavShows ... well said

What's boring or disinteresting to some, is a double standard to others. Kelly has criticized other women for too much tanning. It doesn't matter if you are naturally tan or from a bottle.  All of the ladies should be subjected to the same standards. I can get ridiculously dark in the summer. It isn't necessarily attractive to turn dark as shoe-leather when wearing the white diaper shorts. Her hips make her stand out from every other woman on the team. Adding too tanned skin another no-no imo.

As I've repeated before; I got to see the DCC twice early last season. Amy, Melissa & Holly stood out for being considerably bigger. The only one whose addressed the issue is Holly.

• Love 3

And maybe a brunette can get away w/ that dark of a tan, but it looks cheesy on a girl w/ pale blonde hair, especially obviously fake pale blonde hair (unless she's a natural blonde and I don't recognize that either).   She should wear sunscreen once it reaches a certain point if it really is a natural tan from too much leisure activity time outside at her multiple vacation homes.

i guess I do snark on Amy a little more for her appearance than others - she seems perfectly nice on the show and is a very good dancer - the double standard just really bugs me cause I can imagine what it must be like to be one of those girls and worrying about my weight all the time (I'm one of those types that has to work really hard to be thin) only to see someone bigger than me getting a pass cause she has a pretty face (or whatever the reason is).

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

And maybe a brunette can get away w/ that dark of a tan, but it looks cheesy on a girl w/ pale blonde hair, especially obviously fake pale blonde hair (unless she's a natural blonde and I don't recognize that either).   She should wear sunscreen once it reaches a certain point if it really is a natural tan from too much leisure activity time outside at her multiple vacation homes.

i guess I do snark on Amy a little more for her appearance than others - she seems perfectly nice on the show and is a very good dancer - the double standard just really bugs me cause I can imagine what it must be like to be one of those girls and worrying about my weight all the time (I'm one of those types that has to work really hard to be thin) only to see someone bigger than me getting a pass cause she has a pretty face (or whatever the reason is).

I'm with you ... it's not anything against her personally and like I said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to look like her and she's beautiful just the way she is. My point is on the double standard and how, by DCC standards, she's considered big.  Not fat but big.  And that it's ok for her but not for others. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

In that statement I wasn't referring to Melissa though she is on WW. Also Kashara and Holly were never on WW last year just those slight statements were made about them.

I'm guessing Jenn K, she's gotten big over the year. Yes she's a great dancer, but like Reiner said about Alyssa (Ashton's sister), she'd be much more appealing 10-15lbs thinner 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

There is one vet in particular who has been dubbed a power house, elite dancer, and gorgeous and has been on weight watch for a long time

Do you think any vets are at risk of getting cut? I can't believe tonight is a cut night.  I am going to be at work all day tomorrow dying to get home and read the boards!