Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I can see why CMT didn't show it if Kitty pulled something like that.  I can understand why Kitty would want to say something like that, to shock them into getting their act together, but she isn't the one making that decision and she knows it.  I would bet that, if she had pulled something like that, Kelly and Judy would have lit into her like no one's business when there wasn't anyone around to witness it.  I remember one season when either Kelly or Judy wasn't there and Kitty sat in for the missing person, but everyone called in was just warned.  I also remember Kitty giving her impressions on camera and saying something like "You can cut these right here" indicating I thin 5 or 6 people and also saying "it's going to be a bloodbath" because a lot of people were still needing to be cut.  I think they were different seasons, though/

16 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Hello All! I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing holiday weekend! Well another week of TC begins and its "Rookie Week" so no Vets (required) at rehearsals and no CMT so no cuts this week. I would expect a very quiet week on all fronts in prep for a very cut heavy next week.

I wonder what the Vets do when they don't have to be at rehearsals. That's kind of cool for them though, especially b/c it essentially means that they're guaranteed their spot. 

19 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I can absolutely see that happening.  It's not fair but I can see it.  

I try to really pay attention during auditions to what Charlotte's comments are.  Usually what she says seems to go...like when Liz Reuter came back and Kelli was like "she was cut for being soft" and Charlotte was like, "she still is" and yeah, Liz didn't make it back even tho you could see judy still really liked her.  

The ONLY one I can remember Charlotte being against and still making it back was Ann Lux. 

I've heard that Amy T was another one Charlotte did not wan't back on the team.  Coming from multiple sources, they claim she got pretty hammered at the Christmas party last season and danced with a few players - BIG no no.  Someone said she even exchanged numbers with one of them...WHAT?!  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

I've heard that Amy T was another one Charlotte did not wan't back on the team.  Coming from multiple sources, they claim she got pretty hammered at the Christmas party last season and danced with a few players - BIG no no.  Someone said she even exchanged numbers with one of them...WHAT?!  

Ok, well that is really dumb on *Amy's* part if true. Sometimes I think Charlotte is too harsh but getting drunk and openly fraternizing with players...well, that is asking for it, esp after the Paige stuff.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ok, well that is really dumb on *Amy's* part if true. Sometimes I think Charlotte is too harsh but getting drunk and openly fraternizing with players...well, that is asking for it, esp after the Paige stuff.  

I get the Amy's confused ... is that the hippy big girl Amy?  I don't even know what the other one looks like!

• Love 1

If it is true about Amy T, I hope they do the right thing and not exercise more double standard by turning blind eye to this situation.  Weight/big + inappropriate nonDCC behavior should be grounds for dismissal!  Although my guess is if they were going to dismiss me / or if that Xmas party story were true, they wouldn't have even taken her into training camp

Did Emily get cut yet?  Please don't tell me that the talent pool is so low and K+J so desperate that they would take her?  I am not a fan

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KristyMc19 said:

So let me get this straight: They invite both cheerleaders and players to a company-sanctioned holiday party, serve alcohol, play music ... and then make it a no-no to dance with each other? Really, if they don't want cheerleaders and players to mix, plan separate parties.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I get the Amy's confused ... is that the hippy big girl Amy?  I don't even know what the other one looks like!

Is she actually hippy due to fat? I've seen some women who are quite lean and yet have "wide" hips due to the set of their pelvic bones. 

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ok, I know I'm late to the party. But what is the "Paige" stuff. I know her bf is a player but what is the story behind it.

On another note did anyone see that commercial about the USA Cheerleaders, it features Paige, Jessica, Hannah, Jackie and 3 more that escape me right now. 

14 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Is she actually hippy due to fat? I've seen some women who are quite lean and yet have "wide" hips due to the set of their pelvic bones. 

I think she is just hippy not fat at all. She can't change her shape, it is what it is. IMO

17 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

If I hadn't gained weight after my high school years, I would be one of those girls. Wide hips with smaller waist thanks to my mom's genes lol

5 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Ok, I know I'm late to the party. But what is the "Paige" stuff. I know her bf is a player but what is the story behind it.

On another note did anyone see that commercial about the USA Cheerleaders, it features Paige, Jessica, Hannah, Jackie and 3 more that escape me right now. 

I think she is just hippy not fat at all. She can't change her shape, it is what it is. IMO

Agreed, she is not fat at all. The picture she recently posted of her and Erica in bikinis during DCC swim...they look like the same size and we know Erica is teeny. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

If you go to the former DCCs thread and scroll back a bit Paige and Jeff have been discussed at length lol. It's a good read 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KristyMc19 said:

Gosh - that REALLY would surprise me if true about Amy T., even the other Amy too (Amy L.), but even more so Amy T.  She seems so classy and focused on being smart/educated and professional to ever get drunk enough to be called hammered in public.   Wow that would really be a shocker if true cause her image from MTT is so "not that".   On the other hand, I could see a lot of the players wanting to dance with her and exchange phone numbers ;) - she has a look that I can see really appealling to most football players ;) - more so than most of the other DCC.

• Love 1

I find it really odd that she would get drunk at a company party. Usually for a company party, I have a couple of drinks but that's it. 

19 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Hello All! I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing holiday weekend! Well another week of TC begins and its "Rookie Week" so no Vets (required) at rehearsals and no CMT so no cuts this week. I would expect a very quiet week on all fronts in prep for a very cut heavy next week.

That's good to know.  I was wondering about that because TCC Amy posted an "inspirational path" meme and I was worried that meant she was cut.  Glad to know the TCCs are all safe this week.  Of course, that means there's only a few weeks of TC left and if they're only taking 36 (hoping they take more!), they're going to have to make major cuts next week and the week after.  I'm glad they're cutting later because at least the TCCs had a fair shot at learning the choreography and fixing issues with their technique.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

So let me get this straight: They invite both cheerleaders and players to a company-sanctioned holiday party, serve alcohol, play music ... and then make it a no-no to dance with each other? Really, if they don't want cheerleaders and players to mix, plan separate parties.

BAHAHAHAHAHA. I thought the exact same thing.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

BAHAHAHAHAHA. I thought the exact same thing.

Thirded! I also wonder if the players are also told the cheerleaders are "off limits" so to speak, or else that would be a huge double standard.

2 hours ago, sunwave said:

Thirded! I also wonder if the players are also told the cheerleaders are "off limits" so to speak, or else that would be a huge double standard.

I highly doubt they were ... total double standards when it comes to female and male "appropriate" behavior and "rules"!

• Love 3

I don't buy it. Amy's old enough to have been legal for a while and used to drinking, if she even does. She's articulate and educated, and already has years of experience on a pro team. Her family is fairly well off, so doubt if she'd red to gold dig.

charlotte thinking she's too big, I believe. That's about it.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't buy it. Amy's old enough to have been legal for a while and used to drinking, if she even does. She's articulate and educated, and already has years of experience on a pro team. Her family is fairly well off, so doubt if she'd red to gold dig.

I don't buy it either. 

This may have been mentioned before, but that cameo of Amy T. above really doesn't do her facial beauty justice.  She is so much prettier than that and her eyes look like they she has a lazy eye or something.   Like goodness.   I sure hope they do a better job w/ the cameos this year.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

This may have been mentioned before, but that cameo of Amy T. above really doesn't do her facial beauty justice.  She is so much prettier than that and her eyes look like they she has a lazy eye or something.   Like goodness.   I sure hope they do a better job w/ the cameos this year.

Yes!!!! This!!!!

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Exactly. I have a hard time buying Judy and Kelli aren't obliged to do as they are told by Charlotte for something that "bad".  That is more than "I don't like her look" as an opinion.

However I also don't really buy that the no fraternization rule is nearly as strict as they claim it is, either.  I know we are loathe to discuss the Paige situation around here but honestly no one involved - Paige, Kelli, Judy -- is that dumb.

17 hours ago, sunwave said:

They are. The no fraternizing rule is a part of their contract as well.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

This week is going to be so boring for us lol there's no new information to go on

Added to the holiday weekend, it will be nearly two weeks without news ...

• Love 3

I wish CMT would film at least 1 night of rookie week!!  I really enjoyed the segment several years ago (season 3?) of rookie night w/ an assistant choreographer/former DCC. I want to say Megan Fox, but isn't she that actress? Anyway, we got a glimpse of a former star DCC giving feedback to TCCs, & focusing especially on candidates who K & J had put on notice, particularly, it seemed, regarding style & performance power.  I always love seeing vets & pros working with the DCC--the show is called Making the Team, after all, and I like seeing the work that goes into it. On the other hand, I was underwhelmed by the scene several seasons ago where vets went bowling in goofy costumes while rookies rehearsed. (It was sweet when the military vets showed up tho.)

As for previous discussions regarding TCCs they may have regretted taking or not taking, I don't think they regretted cutting Courtney or Taylor last season. I think they wished they didn't feel they had to cut them, but that's not the same thing. Courtney is charming & a very fun performer, but her lack of training showed, especially in her feet. I think she would have stuck out on the field, and not in a good way, but I bet she'd have been great on appearances.  I think Taylor is an even better performer than Courtney, and I found her sexy-pretty (as opposed to C's cute-pretty), but those kicks--no way. I think that, if she'd made the team, tons of people on here would be blasting videos and pictures of how sloppy the kick line looked and how un-DCC-worthy her kicks are. 

I didn't know Chantel had auditioned before! Good for her for not giving up on what she wanted and working for it. I know there are mixed opinions about her looks, but I think she's one of the most stunning cheerleaders on the team currently.  And while I'm often a harsh critic of fake boobs (mostly when I think they look obviously fake, not out of some sort of plastic surgery "principle"), if she's got them (as folks have debated here), I think they look just fine!  I wished last season to have seen more of her dancing and personality. I was curious about the pretty curly-haired half-Lebanese rookie and her story!  Now that I know there's more to her story than making it the first time she auditioned, I'm even more disappointed that she wasn't a rookie they bothered to really introduce us to on the show. I'd happily have watched less of Kat or Belk fashion show to get more glimpses of the rookies like Chantel or Amy L.

I really hope that, with so many TCCs this year, they do a good job of introducing the audience to as many TCCs as possible, and don't just focus on a few girls and/or mostly underdogs who don't make it or who become 1-season wonders. CMT, if you're reading, please take note!  You still have time to film a rehearsal during rookie week! :) 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I wish CMT would film at least 1 night of rookie week!!  I really enjoyed the segment several years ago (season 3?) of rookie night w/ an assistant choreographer/former DCC. I want to say Megan Fox, but isn't she that actress? Anyway, we got a glimpse of a former star DCC giving feedback to TCCs, & focusing especially on candidates who K & J had put on notice, particularly, it seemed, regarding style & performance power.  I always love seeing vets & pros working with the DCC--the show is called Making the Team, after all, and I like seeing the work that goes into it. On the other hand, I was underwhelmed by the scene several seasons ago where vets went bowling in goofy costumes while rookies rehearsed. (It was sweet when the military vets showed up tho.)

As for previous discussions regarding TCCs they may have regretted taking or not taking, I don't think they regretted cutting Courtney or Taylor last season. I think they wished they didn't feel they had to cut them, but that's not the same thing. Courtney is charming & a very fun performer, but her lack of training showed, especially in her feet. I think she would have stuck out on the field, and not in a good way, but I bet she'd have been great on appearances.  I think Taylor is an even better performer than Courtney, and I found her sexy-pretty (as opposed to C's cute-pretty), but those kicks--no way. I think that, if she'd made the team, tons of people on here would be blasting videos and pictures of how sloppy the kick line looked and how un-DCC-worthy her kicks are. 

I didn't know Chantel had auditioned before! Good for her for not giving up on what she wanted and working for it. I know there are mixed opinions about her looks, but I think she's one of the most stunning cheerleaders on the team currently.  And while I'm often a harsh critic of fake boobs (mostly when I think they look obviously fake, not out of some sort of plastic surgery "principle"), if she's got them (as folks have debated here), I think they look just fine!  I wished last season to have seen more of her dancing and personality. I was curious about the pretty curly-haired half-Lebanese rookie and her story!  Now that I know there's more to her story than making it the first time she auditioned, I'm even more disappointed that she wasn't a rookie they bothered to really introduce us to on the show. I'd happily have watched less of Kat or Belk fashion show to get more glimpses of the rookies like Chantel or Amy L.

I really hope that, with so many TCCs this year, they do a good job of introducing the audience to as many TCCs as possible, and don't just focus on a few girls and/or mostly underdogs who don't make it or who become 1-season wonders. CMT, if you're reading, please take note!  You still have time to film a rehearsal during rookie week! :) 

I already feel like they are doing more this year to feature a bunch of girls! Did they ever have videos before of some of the TCCs, like Kelsey? I agree with you - I love learning even snippets about ALL of the girls, not just a few where like 5 are never even introduced.  

• Love 5
On July 5, 2016 at 10:07 PM, cashandprizes said:

6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

They are. The no fraternizing rule is a part of their contract as well.

Maybe, however I'm pretty sure there's no consequences for football players. If be shocked to hear about a nfl player being suspended or fired for dating a cheerleader lol 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, M1977G said:

. The former DCC  ,I wish CMT would film at least 1 night of rookie week!!  I really enjoyed the segment several years ago (season 3?) of rookie night w/ an assistant choreographer/former DCC. I want to say Megan Fox, but isn't she that actress? Anyway, we got a glimpse of a former star DCC giving feedback to TCCs, & focusing especially on candidates who K & J had put on notice, particularly, it seemed, regarding style & performance power.  I always love seeing vets & pros working with the DCC--the show is called Making the Team, after all, and I like seeing the work that goes into it. On the other hand, I was underwhelmed by the scene several seasons ago where vets went bowling in goofy costumes while rookies rehearsed. (It was sweet when the military vets showed up tho.)

There's 2 girls named Megan Fox. One is a former DCC  (married w/ a different last name) and the other an actress.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Well we know there's a double standard. The cheerleaders are cheaper to replace than players. Not to drag it up again, but Paige lost her place on the squad and Jeff is still on the roster.

IF it's true, hopefully Amy got a slap on the wrist and won't do it again. 

And agree with whoever said the next week is going to be boring with no new info! However it will be worth it next week when there'll have to be a bloodbath of cuts 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

This week is going to be so boring for us lol there's no new information to go on

When does full camp resume? 18th?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
wording

I say the 11th is when camp resume. Kelli may be on her vacation still, but they can have someone else come in with Judy (Miss Kitty, Melissa, or another dance instructor.) In fact, I think it would be nice to have Judy evaluate with someone else besides Kelli. No offense to Kelli.

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Who is half Lebanese? Absolutely don't remember that.

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Wasn't that retired vet Kim?

Kim said in the past that she's "Japanese and Israeli". Pretty sure that Chantel is the one who is half Lebanese.

• Love 1

These next two weeks are going to be real bloodbaths in terms of cuts.  If I remember correctly, camp started with 47 girls. 5 were cut already so we're left with 42 girls remaining in camp.  Depending on squad size (I don't think there's ever been a squad of 40, at least in recent years), we're looking at anywhere between 6 and 8 cuts.  Even if they do take 40 this year, which I doubt, that means there are still at least 2 cuts to be made.  It's got to be tough when the girls are THISCLOSE to making the squad and then to get cut.  Girls can get cut the same day the team was announced and it's got to be the hardest for them, knowing that they were so close and STILL not making it.

I think that, even if they bring someone in as a faux-Kelli, I don't think cuts will happen until she actually gets back.  It might help clarify things because Kelli and Judy are closer to the girls then almost anyone else in that room except for their potential teammates, but the final decisions still come down to Kelli with a side of help from Judy.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, KellyAnn3 said:

Kim said in the past that she's "Japanese and Israeli". Pretty sure that Chantel is the one who is half Lebanese.

Isn't former DCC Mary (2 yr vet) half Lebanese?

• Love 2