Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Her leg was up there but her foot was so, so flexed. No way she can kick beautifully in boots if she's like that in trainers. 

Her foot is flexed in every kick photo I saw. That would be completely unacceptable on the field. But that could be fixed in training camp, couldn't it? I don't know anything about the mechanics of high kick, but it seems to me like bad form would be easier to fix than poor flexibility. It is odd that she didn't get anyone to critique her kicks and help her with that.

She's also got her mouth wide open in many of her photos. I've noticed that all of the DCC tend to do that a lot while they are dancing. Maybe she is just imitating their "style" but I dislike it immensely. Just smile, ok? Nobody wants to see your tonsils.

flex.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5

Zinc Beauty posted a pic on Instagram of the girls getting their makeovers. Is she their MUA again? I thought they switched to someone else? (I'm helpless with technology otherwise I would share the pic)

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Her leg was up there but her foot was so, so flexed. No way she can kick beautifully in boots if she's like that in trainers. 

Her foot is flexed in every kick photo I saw. That would be completely unacceptable on the field. But that could be fixed in training camp, couldn't it? I don't know anything about the mechanics of high kick, but it seems to me like bad form would be easier to fix than poor flexibility. It is odd that she didn't get anyone to critique her kicks and help her with that.

She's also got her mouth wide open in many of her photos. I've noticed that all of the DCC tend to do that a lot while they are dancing. Maybe she is just imitating their "style" but I dislike it immensely. Just smile, ok? Nobody wants to see your tonsils.

flex.jpg

Oh man. Those are some bad photos of Emily. She just looks goofy and monochromatic in that one picture. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

flex.jpg

if her form/kicks were bad last year, and haven't improved this year...........hmmm.

she looks terrified in those pics. i will be shocked if she makes it.

makeovers - i hope they cut about a foot of hair off of kyndall. it's way too long and looks scraggly on the bottom. 

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

flex.jpg

Close your mouth and point your toe. The open mouth smile is distracting and doesn't work; couple it with the big eyes & it looks like screaming.

• Love 3

If they cut Kendall's hair off, then she'll look just like a taller longer-legged version of Madeline - I doubt they'll do that.   I'd wonder what her hair looked like straight and maybe w/ more blonde highlights.

The photos of Emily above are quite unfortunate - I'm rooting for her so it pains me to see those.   Hunched shoulders in the middle one - ugh - I hate hunched shoulders in kicks and really miss Kat when I see pics like that.  On the positive, you can't deny that she has a good figure and still looks femine while having little to no body fat - like the only thing creasing on her in those full kicks is skin - many others w/ her level of curves would have rolls.

• Love 3
On June 8, 2016 at 0:55 PM, DCCFAN71 said:

Emily's look is definitely not my favorite however I peeked at some of her much older pics on Instagram and I think she looks so much better with darker hair! I hope they do something like this today

image.jpeg

• Love 2

I think Emily simply looks her best with her mouth shut instead of hanging open!

When she was in training camp last time I'm pretty sure she had dark hair. The crazy cat lady face is what sent her home along with her dancing. I hope her dancing has improved enough to at least give her a decent shot, and surely the kicks are easily remedied - but if she's still as bad as Txstar35 observed, girl won't last long.

12 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

I think Emily simply looks her best with her mouth shut instead of hanging open!

When she was in training camp last time I'm pretty sure she had dark hair. The crazy cat lady face is what sent her home along with her dancing. I hope her dancing has improved enough to at least give her a decent shot, and surely the kicks are easily remedied - but if she's still as bad as Txstar35 observed, girl won't last long.

Last time she started TC with bottle blonde hair and they dyed it to a very light shade of brown. It wasn't very dark at all. I think she'd look a lot better with more richness, similar to the picture a few posts above. She looks a lot prettier there IMO.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I actually didn't like what they did to her hair in training camp (I thought it looked too ashy) but that rich darker brown looks great. 

Agree. To me it looked like a completely unnatural color, especially for someone with her features.

Emily does look really pretty w/ the dark hair - I assume that's her natural color.  I like the golden darker blonde she has in her finals pic on the chart of the rookie candidates a lot too though.

The middle picture of Emily that SleepyJean posted is the one I was referencing. It's worse than I remembered! Hunched torso (I presume from her effort to get her kicks high), hunched shoulders & wild arms (signaling lack of body awareness), flexed foot (showing no technique & total failure to work on her kicks over the past 2-3 years), & that wide-open mouth--oiy vey. Alongside the other pictures, this shows it's her dancing & not just one unfortunate photo moment.  I don't think those kicks would be easy to fix in TC, as some folks have wondered, given that she's actually had years to improve. And these photos, plus her audition video, indicate that it's not just her kicks but her overall dance technique that is problematic. These last year's I've actually wondered how she made the Mavs Dancers. In terms of dance quality, she's in the Katheryn Dunn category for me--clunky, sloppy, & almost totally unpleasant to behold. She had seemed like a sweet little thing last time though, so I'm surprised & intrigued by speculation here that she's not well-liked. Maybe it's just because she's a crappy dancer who took a spot in TC & others resent that? 

(edited)

Kelly posted a Periscope of makeovers!! 

Khalyn is the first girl you see. Looks like she just got a trim!

Tasha is the next blonde. Looks like they took a little length off and evened out the blonde

Cant really tell what they're doing to Celinda yet because her hair wasn't dried

they made TESS curly!!!!!! I am so surprised. Especially with so many curly girls already!

the last girl is Whitney. I think they took off some major length on her!

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 2

Maybe I'm an oddball here but her "RBF" face really does not bother me. I don't even see it as such on this picture. I get it though. Having a sunshine personality is part of being a DCC. I like her and hope she can get it together so she is not misunderstood like Ann Lux.

• Love 3
On 6/10/2016 at 4:35 PM, dccfan37 said:

That's what I figured to! Those (including Jinelle) have to be the group leaders

I would not be shocked at all if Holly is a Group Leader. Jennifer K became a 2nd GL her 2nd year...

• Love 1

Y'all, the poor girl can't smile every second of the day.  I don't see that as RFB, just her listening intently (as many of us would do if people around us were deciding what was going to be done with our hair, and we had little say in the matter).

• Love 6
(edited)

Does every rookie get a makeover? 

As far as I can tell, everyone has to go through the assessment and they all get at least a trim.

they made TESS curly!!!!!! I am so surprised. Especially with so many curly girls already!

I'm a big fan of letting curly girls be curly, but I'm not a fan of her color. It looks like they tried to do some caramel highlights and the bottom few inches are noticeably lighter than the rest of her hair. It reads orangey on camera.

tess.jpg

Maybe I'm an oddball here but her "RBF" face really does not bother me. I don't even see it as such on this picture.

She just looks serious. Just like Whitney looks serious in the periscope. But if it happens enough times, failure to 'turn it on' and smile when you're on camera could be interpreted as not being friendly and happy to be there. It was late and it was probably a long day.

I suppose they had to basically close the salon for an entire day, so I understand why they had to cram all of the rookies in one day, but man oh man would I have been mad if I had been last.Then again, I'm a morning person. I would've been nodding off in that chair.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
On 6/11/2016 at 10:20 AM, TXStar35 said:

Hello All, sorry I haven't been on or posted recently. Work, family life and Family vacation keep me busy sad to say. As for second week of TC, CMT was not present this week so Sarah G. was not filmed for the show. There have been no cuts have been made thus far. Jinelle IS still on the team so no need for some of the dooms day theories ha! Rookie makeovers are tomorrow and uniform fittings will follow this coming Saturday. I believe first cuts will happen either Monday or Tuesday, just a personal opinion. Group leaders have NOT been chosen so Holly being in the front row shouldn't get her sent to the firing squad ha! I personally like majority of the cover photos chosen for the Top 12, minus Melissa's head placement. The RC did learn Thunder this week being taught by Alumni Holly and Jacie. I assume that will be used in deciding cuts this week as well as they've had a week to perfect it. On the Emily subject, I have never been a fan of hers and sadly probably never will. Her solo wasn't strong by any means at finals nor was her Field combo and kicks. I was told by someone she is already speaking to former and current DMD about how she will look in her uniform. Forgive me if I am too "sensitive" to the subject but that's a bit presumptuous and quiet frankly cocky coming from someone who was already cut and then didn't make it back and was WIDELY disapproved of making it back this year by Alumni, Staff, Current DCC, RC, and others. I  will be shocked if she makes it onto the team.

So, at the end you mention she was WIDELY disapproved to make it back...and you list the RC - is that Rookie Candidates??  If yes, why do they get a say on who makes it back...or did I read that wrong? And who are the others (besides the judges) that get a say on who makes TC? 

• Love 1
On 6/11/2016 at 10:20 AM, TXStar35 said:

The RC did learn Thunder this week being taught by Alumni Holly and Jacie. I

I wonder why Jenn K or any of the other remaining vets didn't teach it.

On 6/11/2016 at 11:07 AM, Oranaiche said:

Thanks for all the info! Fun stuff. I'm not on the Emily train either. Obviously no insider info for me, I just have never been a fan of her dancing or look. I'll be interested to see what they do with her hair. I hope they darken it and get rid of the pile of bad extensions.

I think she's such a cutie. Other than her facial expressions, which can be changed, I think she's a pretty girl.

18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

flex.jpg

These are things that can be changed.

8 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Lol Amy's face... Can't help the RBF 

I doubt they'll do anything to her weave. Same reason they kept Robin's weave, enhanced Jacie, Mia, Jackie and Jenna's weaves.

24 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

Maybe I'm an oddball here but her "RBF" face really does not bother me. I don't even see it as such on this picture. I get it though. Having a sunshine personality is part of being a DCC. I like her and hope she can get it together so she is not misunderstood like Ann Lux.

Me too. Nobody smiles 24/7. 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

So, at the end you mention she was WIDELY disapproved to make it back...and you list the RC - is that Rookie Candidates??  If yes, why do they get a say on who makes it back...or did I read that wrong? And who are the others (besides the judges) that get a say on who makes TC? 

She didn't say they had any influence on the voting, just that a lot of people don't like her. And really, that comment just made me feel sad for Emily. It's not fun to hear that so many people are whispering about you and hoping you aren't chosen. Sure, we evaluate people here, but that's different. We are anonymous strangers, our opinions are based on almost no information, and she'd have to seek this forum out to read what we think. But all those people on the "WIDELY disapproved" list are people she knows, who were in the room with her, who whispered about her while she was there and while they could be overheard, and probably smiled to her face and said "bless her heart" behind her back. Lucky for Emily, their comments either didn't make it to the judges, or were discounted as specious gossip.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 5

I like Amy's medium bob, I hope they don't change it too drastically. Her hair made her face look different when she had it long, I think the angled bob looking thing works for her.

45 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I would not be shocked at all if Holly is a Group Leader. Jennifer K became a 2nd GL her 2nd year...

Jenn K. was not 18 years old when she made the squad and was an experienced dance teacher.   If they need to pick a 2nd year girl for an AGL (how does the math work out?), I really hope they'd pick one of the older girls.  Holly is not the only good dancer from her rookie class.

• Love 1

I like Amy's medium bob, I hope they don't change it too drastically. Her hair made her face look different when she had it long, I think the angled bob looking thing works for her.

I agree. It was getting a little long. I hope they just trimmed it up and sent her home.

Is this Allie? I didn't realize her hair was that dark.

allie.jpg

2 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Jenn K. was not 18 years old when she made the squad and was an experienced dance teacher.   If they need to pick a 2nd year girl for an AGL (how does the math work out?), I really hope they'd pick one of the older girls.  Holly is not the only good dancer from her rookie class.

Right. I think it takes more than being a good dancer to be an AGL. Definitely takes someone who knows how to lead. She's a great dancer, but WE don't know her leading capabilities yet.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I agree. It was getting a little long. I hope they just trimmed it up and sent her home.

allie.jpg

Yeah, I think that's Allie

27 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

allie.jpg

She has reddish brown hair. In the picture they're holding up a hair swatch of a darker color

44 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Right. I think it takes more than being a good dancer to be an AGL. Definitely takes someone who knows how to lead. She's a great dancer, but WE don't know her leading capabilities yet.

I love Holly but I can still agree with this.  I think she is helpful and talented enough to be a second GL BUT she is so young and Jennifer was older and more experienced as a teacher/mentor when she was picked so totally see how it's a different situation.  ANd really do not think Holly will be picked for that lol I still think it'll be jinelle over her. 

• Love 3
(edited)

She has reddish brown hair. In the picture they're holding up a hair swatch of a darker color

I think that would look nice on her! It's too bad, because they need some blondes this year.

...actually, she wouldn't be terrible as a blonde, either.

Meanwhile, my eye keeps going to the dude with hair, and the goatee, and the necklace and the man cleavage...that's a whole lotta look.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8

I wonder if Melissa will be working with Amy and her RBF. She did tell Madeline last year to smile more. I hope they show Tobie working with the girls on their makeovers since she works at the place where the makeovers take place. It would be nice to see a former DCC working with the girls on their hair styling, cut, and color.

I definitely don't think Holly is a second group leader, they have enough third year and fourth year vets for that.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if Melissa will be working with Amy and her RBF. She did tell Madeline last year to smile more. I hope they show Tobie working with the girls on their makeovers since she works at the place where the makeovers take place. It would be nice to see a former DCC working with the girls on their hair styling, cut, and color.

That'd be awesome if they showed Tobie there!! 

• Love 2

Tobie's baby is only 3 months old, so she may not be working outside of the home right now. Also, the people working on DCC hair are master level stylists. Tobie is two levels below that, and has only been working as a stylist for about a year. For those two reasons, I don't expect to see her working on any DCC hair this year. I can see her popping in to say "hey" though.

1 hour ago, JC123 said:

HOLD UP. Jenna's hair is a weave?!?! 

I think so.  For no other reason than all that heat styling they do has got to wreak havoc on her hair.  That weave is mainly to protect her real hair.