Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I hope they film Sarah teaching the girls. Yes, I know they had guest choreographers in the past, but I would love to see a former DCC teach some different types of dances or a new routine.

They're just so big on tank and seniorty, that it looks really bold and presumptuous for someone barely out of her rookie season to jump up with the 5 year vets.

Rank not tank*

Now Sarah is one I can definitely see them bringing in as a assistant director or choreographer. She knows her stuff dance wise and as a former DCC.

• Love 4

My two cents -

Using the show as timeline guide is not a good idea. The show edits heavily and mashes things up.

Last year First Meeting was 6/1 and GLs were announced 6/9. Eight days apart. Wouldn't be insane to think GLs have been announced. In fact, I would bet money that the first row are the GLs. Those are the obvious choices with Holly P swapped in for Jinelle who is MIA for two important photos. Phones have timers, all could in the photo if present. Holly becoming a second before being a vet is annoying but not unheard of - just go back two years with Jenny Kat. I don't care for that approach but Holly does seem to be on the Jenny Kat fast track train - she already closed solos for goodness sakes.

I agree DCC is obsessed with rank and seniority and a lot of their pictures are posed by seniority. Jasmine  posted on social (back before she was cut) about how she was so happy she was going to be able to park in the 4th year vet parking area. Like WTF... that's next level with the seniority nonsense.

• Love 1

Imo, Sarah and the girls is not important picture. Yes, Jinelle was not in the picture, but this does not mean she is in danger of being cut or does not mean she will not be chosen as an assistant group leader. Kelli and Judy were out of town for a few days, so this probably means the group leaders and the groups were not announced yet. J & K may make the announcement tonight.

53 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Where's TXStar35 and all their "insider" info? 

I e been wondering that too! 

In other news- rookie makeovers are tomorrow, post pics if you spot any!!

I wasn't sure if TXStar was still posting because I've got the block setting in full effect. I fully believe she has insider info, just don't enjoy the attitude. 

Someone a while back commented that her responses seemed like that of someone who was older and I was like "huh?!?" because I had literally thought the exact opposite. I think it's Sam and/or a friend of Sam's.

• Love 6

I still have no clue what so many people found annoying about txstar but I guess that's the spice of life. LOL  The fact that it truly didn't bother her that people were rude to her for no reason is my clue that she IS older (as in, not a teen).  I just have this feeling that Kelli demanded more privacy from everyone this year. There were so many more pics shared on IG last year, not everyone was private, etc.  Anyone with actual insider info probably has to be super careful or else Kelli could figure out who it was.  

Also, we saw that no one has been cut yet so I'm not sure what kind of exciting insider info there would be at this point...there is usually SOME drama around the fittings or makeovers so we shall see! 

• Love 7

To clarify, I don't think Jinelle has been released from the team or in danger of it, but Kelli used to claim no one can miss anything unless there was a death in the family or some other extreme so seems off she is "missing" two times. 

I know Sam was involved with DCC social but whoever has the reigns now is not that great because they've been slacking on the pics (in general). 

I think uniform fittings are usually early since each garmet is custom made and needs to be done by cameos. On the show they seemed later but social media showed otherwise. 

DMD auditions are in a month if there is a true gag order we'll be able to figure something out on 7/9. Not ideal but they have us begged this year, I guess. Lol

• Love 2

I see no big deal with Jinelle not being in the picture with Sarah or the other picture. There has been pictures before when all the vets were not in it, and no one was cut or in danger of being cut. I did see she was posting about watching the CMT Music Awards Show after practice on 6/8 on her DCC twitter page. Imo, there is probably a perfectly good reason why she is not in a few pictures.

(edited)

Holly never ceases to live up to the profile of an "all about me" and "whatever it takes to get ahead" girl - first the conveniently becoming best friends w/ Kelli's daughter, now she's getting up front for a picture w/ the 4 year+ vets/group leaders when she's only a 2 yet vet candidate?

I'm surprised she isn't making a different pose than everyone else in the photo just so she can stand out :/.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, 2134.dancer said:

Either there was no training camp tonight or Tasha got cut. She just posted a snapchat story being in Greenville 

I saw her story and it appears her husband came to visit her and they went to Six Flags. The caption on the second photo actually said "Lower Greenville Ave.", which I looked up and apparently it's a neighborhood of Dallas near the botanical gardens. I don't think she's been cut. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

I saw her story and it appears her husband came to visit her and they went to Six Flags. The caption on the second photo actually said "Lower Greenville Ave.", which I looked up and apparently it's a neighborhood of Dallas near the botanical gardens. I don't think she's been cut. 

Exactly..... I saw the snap chat and thought the same thing.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Dior99 said:

Don't mean this to sound snarky.  Did DCC put those blond streak marks in Stephanie's hair near the crown??  it just doesn't look "DCC" to me.  Not that I would know....

Edited by parrotfeathers
5 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

Whew!! I really like Tasha...she seems sweet and it so gorgeous.  I'd be shocked if she was cut first since she has so much pro experience but of course stranger things have happened LOL 

(edited)

Hello All, sorry I haven't been on or posted recently. Work, family life and Family vacation keep me busy sad to say. As for second week of TC, CMT was not present this week so Sarah G. was not filmed for the show. There have been no cuts have been made thus far. Jinelle IS still on the team so no need for some of the dooms day theories ha! Rookie makeovers are tomorrow and uniform fittings will follow this coming Saturday. I believe first cuts will happen either Monday or Tuesday, just a personal opinion. Group leaders have NOT been chosen so Holly being in the front row shouldn't get her sent to the firing squad ha! I personally like majority of the cover photos chosen for the Top 12, minus Melissa's head placement. The RC did learn Thunder this week being taught by Alumni Holly and Jacie. I assume that will be used in deciding cuts this week as well as they've had a week to perfect it. On the Emily subject, I have never been a fan of hers and sadly probably never will. Her solo wasn't strong by any means at finals nor was her Field combo and kicks. I was told by someone she is already speaking to former and current DMD about how she will look in her uniform. Forgive me if I am too "sensitive" to the subject but that's a bit presumptuous and quiet frankly cocky coming from someone who was already cut and then didn't make it back and was WIDELY disapproved of making it back this year by Alumni, Staff, Current DCC, RC, and others. I  will be shocked if she makes it onto the team.

14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I agree. Not everything these people do has deeper meaning. Sometimes a photo is just a photo. I doubt that every time they have a group photo, no matter how casual, they have to quickly sort themselves out by rank and position, and make sure nobody is getting above herself.

Thank You for saying those words!

12 hours ago, GingerJ said:

I e been wondering that too! 

In other news- rookie makeovers are tomorrow, post pics if you spot any!!

Makeovers are Sunday not Today

Its not that Serious yall. Its ONE photo...

15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Holly jumping up front with the group leaders and other long term girls annoys me.

Edited by TXStar35
  • Love 6
Just now, TXStar35 said:

On the Emily subject, I have never been a fan of hers and sadly probably never will. Her solo wasn't strong by any means at finals nor was her Field combo and kicks. I was told by someone she is already speaking to former and current DMD about how she will look in her uniform. Forgive me if I am too "sensitive" to the subject but that's a bit presumptuous and quiet frankly cocky coming from someone who was already cut and then didn't make it back and was WIDELY disapproved of making it back this year by Alumni, Staff, Current DCC, RC, and others. I  will be shocked if she makes it onto the team.

With that information, I am seriously wondering why she made it back. I thought she was cute in her last appearance on MTT, but obviously I have no idea what she's like off the air. 

• Love 1

TXSTAR, I'm glad you're back -- I truly appreciate your insights.  I have to say, however, you description about Emily and the extent to which you went out of your way to share negative things about her makes me think you have a personal beef with her.  As a result, I'm inclined to discount a lot of that.

• Love 4
Just now, Smplsimon said:

TXSTAR, I'm glad you're back -- I truly appreciate your insights.  I have to say, however, you description about Emily and the extent to which you went out of your way to share negative things about her makes me think you have a personal beef with her.  As a result, I'm inclined to discount a lot of that.

I can with an honest heart say that I have no "personal beef" with her. I have possibly said no more than a handful of sentences to her ever in my life. My opinions are based purely off her dance ability, personality, and small social interaction she and I have shared. If she makes the team then they see something that can benefit the team from her being there and that's why they're the directors not I, HA!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Hello All, sorry I haven't been on or posted recently. Work, family life and Family vacation keep me busy sad to say. As for second week of TC, CMT was not present this week so Sarah G. was not filmed for the show. There have been no cuts have been made thus far. Jinelle IS still on the team so no need for some of the dooms day theories ha! Rookie makeovers are tomorrow and uniform fittings will follow this coming Saturday. I believe first cuts will happen either Monday or Tuesday, just a personal opinion. Group leaders have NOT been chosen so Holly being in the front row shouldn't get her sent to the firing squad ha! I personally like majority of the cover photos chosen for the Top 12, minus Melissa's head placement. The RC did learn Thunder this week being taught by Alumni Holly and Jacie. I assume that will be used in deciding cuts this week as well as they've had a week to perfect it. On the Emily subject, I have never been a fan of hers and sadly probably never will. Her solo wasn't strong by any means at finals nor was her Field combo and kicks. I was told by someone she is already speaking to former and current DMD about how she will look in her uniform. Forgive me if I am too "sensitive" to the subject but that's a bit presumptuous and quiet frankly cocky coming from someone who was already cut and then didn't make it back and was WIDELY disapproved of making it back this year by Alumni, Staff, Current DCC, RC, and others. I  will be shocked if she makes it onto the team.

Thank You for saying those words!

Makeovers are Sunday not Today

Its not that Serious yall. Its ONE photo...

Thanks for all the info! Fun stuff. I'm not on the Emily train either. Obviously no insider info for me, I just have never been a fan of her dancing or look. I'll be interested to see what they do with her hair. I hope they darken it and get rid of the pile of bad extensions.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if Txstar35 is Kelli's assistant, Cheryl (I think that's her name). I like her. She seems like a sweet person on the show. She was in that picture taken at the CMT awards show with Kelli, Judy, et al and maybe that's why we hadn't heard from her this week. Just speculation on my part. Have a fun weekend y'all!

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 2
(edited)

I really doubt TXStar is anyone in the organization for exactly the reason Razzleberry just said, so it seems fruitless to even try to figure it out.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

Reminder: This thread is for discussion/speculations/spoiler speculations. It is not for discussing who a poster with insider information may or may not be. All of you have been warned about this before. From now on, posts discussing who an "inside" poster or may not be will be edited, hidden, or deleted at the discretion of the mods. This discussion is going off topic and can cause problems. Thank you.

Speaking about Emily, I am reminded about the other girls that have tried out before and have not made it to trading camp. I recall when I saw the training camp rookie candidates, I wondered  if it was going to be show subject. 

Does anyone have a breakdown of which training camp rookies have tried out multiple times? I believe Auto Amy has tried out at least 3 times, Kelsey L. at least 3 times, and Emily too?

I want to add that I am a fan of all the girls who keep trying to make this team. I find it inspiring that even when these girls get knocked down, they get up and are ready for another round. To the girls like Emily, Selina, and Madeline I find them extra inspiring. To have gotten knocked out, and then get back in the ring and go another 15 rounds is simply admiring.

• Love 4

Right now I'm the most impressed with Madeline. Last year, I thought there was no way in Hades that she'd ever have the maturity or look (styling AND what the good Lord gave her, to be totally honest), to be a DCC. She could dance, but just wasn't catching on quickly.

This year, just from pics and the Fan Vote video, she's blown me out of the water. She looks like a DCC. She dances like a DCC. We'll see when she's interviewed if she's poised now like a DCC. Girl must have hired that charm school pageant guy from Miss Congeniality, and it WORKED! Good for her.

I hope Kelsey makes it this year. Her dancing is good and she's gorgeous. I honestly don't remember Selina, but she's beautiful, too.

• Love 11

I think this might be whitneys 5th time trying out? And the first time she's made it to training camp. 

Kelli quinn has also tried out before (I'm pretty sure) 

I can't even go round and check because they've all made their instas private ? 

@TXStar35 do you know if the girls have been urged not to post anything on social media this year? I remember seeing so much more stuff than this last year! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Right now I'm the most impressed with Madeline. Last year, I thought there was no way in Hades that she'd ever have the maturity or look (styling AND what the good Lord gave her, to be totally honest), to be a DCC. She could dance, but just wasn't catching on quickly.

I hope Kelsey makes it this year. Her dancing is good and she's gorgeous. I honestly don't remember Selina, but she's beautiful, too.

I agree. Last year that poor girl did herself in. Getting cut might have out to be a blessing in disguise. Confidence wise she looks like a different person. She looks so girl next door pretty now. Madeline for show group! 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think this might be whitneys 5th time trying out? And the first time she's made it to training camp. 

Kelli quinn has also tried out before (I'm pretty sure)

Kelli made it to finals in 2013 and 2014.I don't know if she tried out any other years.

Whitney was a kilgore girl 2011-13, so I'm pretty sure 2013 was the first year she auditioned for DCC. She made finals 2013, 14, 15, and now this year, so I think she has auditioned 4 times total. Interestingly enough, her linkedin profile says she interned for the Cowboys 2 years ago.She was a PR major, so she was probably doing something in marketing.

Emily strikes me as a very stuck person.

Stuck? What do you mean?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

If it's really true that the other girls don't like Emily maybe she will be the first cut. Petty grievances aside, I don't think K and J would jeopardise the team dynamic for the sake of one girl whose dancing isn't exactly incredible.. 

• Love 1

I think anyone who tries out for the team is brave. I think someone posted Amy tried out five times before making TC. I do find it interesting some girls try out more than a few times, make TC and gets cut in TC, or they make the team and get cut after one year or decide not to try out again after their rookie year.

Txstar35 - ?

Madeleine - ITA with Razzleberry - go get it Madeleine!  Perhaps Madeleine is the ultimate 'take home girl' - a year and she's really got it together in every way. I hope her transformation really reads on film and that she's featured on MTT, perhaps she'll even be K&J's darling this year.

Holly - love that girl, I'm glad the inside info confirms she's not the punish some are reading into her behaviour.

Emily - oooh could she be this year's 'brought in for drama' candidate? Given the potential all-round dislike, could she have won the fan vote? (I wasn't following the YBTJ, not sure if it's a possibility). Has Emily just not been paying attention to the multiple-time TCC tragedies and how vulnerable she may still be? In answer to the poster who wondered what her disconnect is about, I get lots of vibes of a raging personality issue from her. This could all be juicy viewing...

• Love 6

So, if everyone hates Emily, who let her into camp? I don't know her, so she could be sweet or she could be an awful person, but based on that info from TX, it sounds like her being there is just to humiliate her. It's a shame because I really do think she's improved and I love underdogs.

And I'm pretty sure she's had a fitting before, so she technically does have an unfinished DCC uniform hanging up somewhere. Her talking to people she thinks are her friends about it is really not all that presumptuous, IMO.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Thanks for all the info! Fun stuff. I'm not on the Emily train either. Obviously no insider info for me, I just have never been a fan of her dancing or look. I'll be interested to see what they do with her hair. I hope they darken it and get rid of the pile of bad extensions.

So is it obvious that Emily's longer hair is extensions?  I really can't tell - lol!  I have naturally thick hair that grows like a weed - like if I were to deliberately try to grow it out (stop getting 2-3 inches cut off every time I went to the salon) I'm sure in 6-9 months time my hair would get as long as Emily's when it's probably just a little longer than Erica's now.  Emily's hair seems really thick so I just assumed it was similar to mine.

I wonder if people think my hair is extensions?  Lol.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, KellyAnn3 said:

So, if everyone hates Emily, who let her into camp? I don't know her, so she could be sweet or she could be an awful person, but based on that info from TX, it sounds like her being there is just to humiliate her. It's a shame because I really do think she's improved and I love underdogs.

And I'm pretty sure she's had a fitting before, so she technically does have an unfinished DCC uniform hanging up somewhere. Her talking to people she thinks are her friends about it is really not all that presumptuous, IMO.

I know if I had to soon try on a uniform that was tailored to fit my butt and waist w/ prefect accuracy 2-3 years ago, I sure as hell would be talking about it and wondering how I was gonna look.

To me, Emily seemed sweet when she was on MTT last time, a little ditzy, but sweet.   I hope they didn't bring her in to make fun of her eyes and facial expressions for TV drama again, only to cut her, but I guess that's what can happen when you tryout for DCC cause of the show.   I guess we will soon see.

• Love 4

Allow me to clear one thing up, I did not say that no one wanted Emily in TC. I said she is widely disliked I never specified by whom individually. The judges have their opinion, as do the fans, as do you and I. Neither of which makes the next wrong or right, so if someone dislikes Emily or Caila or heck even Kelli it doesn't mean that word is law. So I don't want yall to think its a conspiracy to just bring her back for "that drama", if they see possible potential then best of luck to her. I personally don't see her making the team.

Remember don't look too deep into someone's comments or speculation, after all they are just that as of now till the final team is announced! :)

• Love 3