Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Today is the interview portion right? then solos tomorrow? I REALLY am hoping Kelsey keeps her nerves together...it sounds like she has been studying all year. But hey...as much as I am team kelsey and want her to get into TC, if she studies all year and still blanks on questions then it would probably mean she is not the best fit. But fingers crossed!! 

Agree with whoever said we need some diversity on the squad.  Last year I thought they picked several girls who are fresh and pretty and not DCC glam (Jax, Claire...) and they still looked great on the field and from what I've seen from swim trip, they are beautiful.  I think they must be at least somewhat pleased with Madeline's makeover to bring her to finals. 

Can't believe how expensive those Dallas Wear uniforms are! holy crap!!! hopefully they at least got a discount... 

• Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Usually the number board is prelims. During semi finals, Kelli calls the girls numbers that are through to the next round.

There seems to be two different versions of the vote. There's one that you drag and drop the girls and the other is you click the heart and it turns to blue from pink. The one with the hearts allows you to vote more than once. The other version only allowed me to vote once. The link someone put here is the drag and drop, but the one the girls have in their bios is the other version. I'm confused.

Yeah the computer version says "You can only vote once per 24 hours. Try again later!" if you try twice, but you have unlimited votes on the mobile version! Definitely prefer the mobile version lol but I guess the computer one is more fair? Also on the mobile version I don't think the order 1-10 matters?

Edited by NicoleS9954
ETA
9 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Today is the interview portion right? then solos tomorrow? I REALLY am hoping Kelsey keeps her nerves together...it sounds like she has been studying all year. But hey...as much as I am team kelsey and want her to get into TC, if she studies all year and still blanks on questions then it would probably mean she is not the best fit. But fingers crossed!! 

Agree with whoever said we need some diversity on the squad.  Last year I thought they picked several girls who are fresh and pretty and not DCC glam (Jax, Claire...) and they still looked great on the field and from what I've seen from swim trip, they are beautiful.  I think they must be at least somewhat pleased with Madeline's makeover to bring her to finals. 

Can't believe how expensive those Dallas Wear uniforms are! holy crap!!! hopefully they at least got a discount... 

I hope she didn't just study her cowboys history but things they usually ask, I'm sure this year it's going to be political stuff due to the election year.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I've never seen Judy tweet like that before, it's hilarious.

I think it goes to show that they do really watch all of the girls' videos! I wonder if Judy watches them with Cassie and gets her input too lol  I actually think that could be helpful to girls trying out...I know Cassie isn't super popular around here but I think she'd be good at reminding her mom that people freak out and mess up sometimes and then come back strong later. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 2

Agree with whoever said we need some diversity on the squad.  Last year I thought they picked several girls who are fresh and pretty and not DCC glam (Jax, Claire...) and they still looked great on the field and from what I've seen from swim trip, they are beautiful.

I think they've got plenty of those girls now. I'd like to see a couple of glamorous, knockout girls on the team. Overall, in the past couple of years, I can think of a couple of other teams have beat out the DCC in terms of prettiest in the league.

LOL Judy's tweet about the voting...!! Sounds like she is going to take some convincing with a few of the girls

Has Judy ever won those disagreements? I can think of girls Kelli liked and brought in regardless of Judy's opinion. What about the reverse? Has there been anyone (that we've seen) that Kelli wasn't a fan of, but Judy was, so they brought her into training camp?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I think they've got plenty of those girls now. I'd like to see a couple of glamorous, knockout girls on the team. Overall, in the past couple of years, I can think of a couple of other teams have beat out the DCC in terms of prettiest in the league.

Has Judy ever won those disagreements? I can think of girls Kelli liked and brought in regardless of Judy's opinion. What about the reverse? Has there been anyone (that we've seen) that Kelli wasn't a fan of, but Judy was, so they brought her into training camp?

The Minchew girl the second time.  Judy did not want her and Kelli seemed to be willing to overlook the slight from earlier.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I guess I just don't see many knockout girls (like Abigail Klein) even trying out this year.  I think Tasha is stunning but no one here seems to think she is a good dancer. Same with Kelsey; girl looks like Megan Fox but people here turn their nose up at her dancing, etc.  So I guess it comes down to who has more of the package they are looking for and who can they glam up. 

that is a good question about Judy's opinion...would you say Liz Reuter? I know she LOVED her and fought hard for her and I got the impression that Kelli was over her before Judy was.  

• Love 1

I accidentally clicked "vote now" before selecting my ten choices and it still said "thank you for voting!"? Lol don't get it at all. Does anyone think Judy disapproves of any of the current top 10? Or just some finalists? Yeah Judy fought really hard for Liz Reuter!

I think Judy gets a say, but much less than Kelli. I think the ones Kelli likes but Judy doesn't tend to be "one hit wonders" like Ashley Pro and Morgan. Judy can probably tolerate them for 1 year and no longer lol 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Kelsey wore the top one best, I actually really love the way the yellow stands out on her.

They probably got those outfits for free because they were models for Dallaswear.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

They probably got those outfits for free because they were models for Dallaswear.

No doubt, as long as they promoted the company I'm sure. 

Abigail Klein was cute when she first auditioned but you wouldn't look at her and say knock out!!!  But she became knock out!!!    Some of these girls have potential!!!   I can't wait until solos!!!   I'm dying to know if any gets get cut.  Are solos this weekend?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Luvdallas said:

Abigail Klein was cute when she first auditioned but you wouldn't look at her and say knock out!!!  But she became knock out!!!    Some of these girls have potential!!!   I can't wait until solos!!!   I'm dying to know if any gets get cut.  Are solos this weekend?

Yes! Interviews today, solos tomorrow

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

I've watched most of the videos now and I swear there aren't any of the candidates doing the exact same arm movements in the first two 8-counts! I really wish we had a video of a vet doing the "correct" version so that we could compare. 

I agree with this completely. I have no idea what the actual routine looks like because no two people did it the same.  Cersten looks the most confident to me for the first half of the routine.

• Love 2

I thought Abigail was a knockout from day one. She was just young. IMO she's the prettiest girl that's ever been featured on MTT. It's rare that a girl comes along with that level of beauty and glamor, but I gotta say that I think Kelsey is at that level. I'm just hoping she can have a positive interview this year so she stands a chance.

None of the other girls stand out to me as being Abigail gorgeous, but there are a lot of pretty girls who seem like great dancers.

• Love 5

Yeah the some of the vets normally do. But the interviews are later in the day I think, remember when Morgan was late for hers? It was scheduled for 4.30 and she didn't arrive til 5.10? So maybe they're starting soon? Can't wait to find out what goes down tomorrow! Hope none of the vets get cut but have to admit, it does make good TV lol! 

• Love 2

I think they probably schedule the later ones for those girls who have work. I'm sure if you go back and watch the episode, there's a time stamp somewhere when the girls give interviews.

Tweet from Charlotte Joes:

Charlotte J Anderson ‏@CJonesAnderson 1h1 hour ago

On my way to @ATTStadium for @DCCheerleaders panel interviews.. Send me your questions!!

Does she want people to send her questions to ask the finalists?

• Love 1
On 5/19/2016 at 0:06 PM, California Girl said:
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

LOL Judy's tweet about the voting...!! Sounds like she is going to take some convincing with a few of the girls ;-D

https://twitter.com/DCC_Judy

Spoiler
Spoiler

4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

LOL Judy's tweet about the voting...!! Sounds like she is going to take some convincing with a few of the girls ;-D

https://twitter.com/DCC_Judy

OMG JUDY. wait you guys - is that for real? that does NOT sound professional or on-brand for DCC? I mean, it's pretty obnoxious. Tweeted 14 hours ago... about 11 PM Dallas time. Do you think Jude was sitting in her living room, gossiping with Cassie, had 2 glasses of Riesling and got a little loose? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

Yeah the some of the vets normally do. But the interviews are later in the day I think, remember when Morgan was late for hers? It was scheduled for 4.30 and she didn't arrive til 5.10? So maybe they're starting soon? Can't wait to find out what goes down tomorrow! Hope none of the vets get cut but have to admit, it does make good TV lol! 

I think technically she was late for her call time which was around thirty minutes before her interview time, and then she barely made it into the interview on time. Not good for any interview to show up right before it starts, let alone a DCC interview where they're so picky that they're counting the number of hairs out of place, lol. Hopefully none of the favorites for training camp are late to interviews this year!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SusieG said:

OMG JUDY. wait you guys - is that for real? that does NOT sound professional or on-brand for DCC? I mean, it's pretty obnoxious. Tweeted 14 hours ago... about 11 PM Dallas time. Do you think Jude was sitting in her living room, gossiping with Cassie, had 2 glasses of Riesling and got a little loose? 

Meh, I don't know..on the show during semi finals she is always so blunt, like "yeah, it looks pretty bad...these girls are not getting it...some of them just have that terror on their face."  She is always pretty honest about how hard she is on them...I've just never seen a tweet and it cracked me up! I love how Tina Kalina was like "hey! don't discount those clunky dancers - they could bloom like i did!" or something like that... I'm kind of glad Judy tweeted it because hopefully all the girls saw it and are more determined than ever to be awesome on Saturday and show her! 

4 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I think technically she was late for her call time which was around thirty minutes before her interview time, and then she barely made it into the interview on time. Not good for any interview to show up right before it starts, let alone a DCC interview where they're so picky that they're counting the number of hairs out of place, lol. Hopefully none of the favorites for training camp are late to interviews this year!

I would seriously get there like three hours early and ask another vet to just practice hard questions with me! no way I'd risk it!! 

• Love 2

There's really bad traffic in Dallas too, I remember the first night of practice Kelsey B was supposed to get there a half hour early and she just made it on time for the start time.

I love Judys bluntness. It's hilarious. "What in the heck..?" I mean Kelli sits there and tries to think of a gentle way to say it, you got Judy who's just blunt and then Kitty who could just tear you apart as soon as look at you! Lol!

Anyone seen anything on interviews yet? Jenna posted a cryptic Insta pic earlier that was basically about being yourself but has anyone seen anything else? 

• Love 2

If I lived far away w/ an area known for a lot of traffic in between me and the audition location, I'd probably get a hotel room nearby for the entire weekend of finals so I wouldn't have to stress about the drive. 

I think this is the guy who responds to every single one of Brittney Schram's instagram posts to tell her how beautiful she is. Nice to know he's got someone lined up to replace her. (massive eye roll)

31 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Anyone else hoping Caila does good tomorrow in her solo?

yessssss. Go Caila, Go Kat - I am rooting for them! 

7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I think this is the guy who responds to every single one of Brittney Schram's instagram posts to tell her how beautiful she is. Nice to know he's got someone lined up to replace her. (massive eye roll)

ba ha ha ha. ewwwww.

• Love 1

Reminder: Do not discuss what other people say on social media about the girls. This thread is for tryouts and training camp, it is not to discuss who tells a former DCC she is beautiful aka may or may not be stalking one or more of the girls. Take the discussion somewhere else. Posts discussing this after the mod note will be edited, hidden, or deleted at the discretion of the mods. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Wow she's pretty good ... I wonder why she didn't try out the same year as Holly?

2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Wow she's pretty good ... I wonder why she didn't try out the same year as Holly?

She just graduated college so she probably wanted to finish her 4 years of college pom

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Dress by holly is that the brand name? Or the cheerleader lol

I believe holly Arielle let her borrow it as it looks like holly commented!

• Love 1

I love Jen's dress. They all look lovely! Looks like Lacey, Danielle, Jennifer and Erica are all done. They've probably almost finished now. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Interviews have begun! Don't know how I feel about Jennifer's dress

Erica looks the best - she's really gorgeous and that's a perfect dress for this.  Love her shoes.  Danielle looks a big church marmish ... that would be an ok outfit for a work interview ... maybe she came straight from work?  Jennifer - no no no ... that dress! is that pleather or is it just shiny material!?  Either way, no no no

47 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Sorry, I think it's hideous and I really can't imagine what sort of occasion purple leather is appropriate for, except maybe a Whitesnake concert.

DITTO!!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I really like what I have seen of Allie. She reminds me a lot of Emma Mary.