Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

There's a girl I found in the geotag for Powerhouse on IG, Emma Jones, who appears to have been a dancer at UNT and is graduating. She looks like a great dancer and has the look, and there's a photo of her with a friend who is apparently in R&B training camp, and she left a comment that says "Thanks for being so supportive of me. Next step...... May 14th" with a wink emoji. So I'm speculating that she may show up at auditions.

47 minutes ago, KellyAnn3 said:

There's a girl I found in the geotag for Powerhouse on IG, Emma Jones, who appears to have been a dancer at UNT and is graduating. She looks like a great dancer and has the look, and there's a photo of her with a friend who is apparently in R&B training camp, and she left a comment that says "Thanks for being so supportive of me. Next step...... May 14th" with a wink emoji. So I'm speculating that she may show up at auditions.

I was going through her pics and there's a striking resemblance between her and Cristi Fisher. Same body type and everything! 

Love Madeline!    

I think your super disappointed in cailia because we all ( to a certain extent) believe that these girls are"perfect".  So when something like this comes out its extra disappointing.    We know they are human and not always making good decisions but Kellie does a great job of brain washing everyone into thinking they are perfect!    Does that make sense?    I'm struggling to put into words what I am trying to say.  I need coffee!!! Lol

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

I think Holly Arielle danced at North Texas and Holly's director was a former DCC. This girl will definitely be one to watch! 

• Love 1
Just now, dccfan37 said:

Are they doing prelims on the field??

Couldn't tell ya...That looks like the shot they always show of her coming on the field ("My name is Kelli Finglass and I'm the Director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders") to address the candidates before the prelims (aren't they usually held in some upstairs restaurant/bar area?)

Wish I wasn't gonna be out of town today but I've been invited to one of the most famous horse racing tracks in the world for a tour 

LOL oh mercy, they still have Kelli doing that loooongggg walk across the field at the beginning where all the girls squeal and gush about how amazing it is to see her in person, how beautiful she is, etc.  Honestly, I feel bad for Kelli. Walking across a football field in heels? I would probably trip and fall on my face lol 

SO excited to look for hashtags later tonight once they 'roll out the board'! I feel like a lot of the girls we've been seeing on IG should make it to semi's? I mean, you never know, but since it's just free styling, they've all shown they can dance on cue lol

14 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Are they doing prelims on the field??

They normally do Kelli's welcome speech in the stadium.  Gives the girls the chance to gurgle over being there and some sweeping shots of the field.

I think the only time they didn't do this was when the stadium was under construction. Then they were at the Gaylord Texas? Texas Gaylord?  One or the other.  A hotel :)

1 minute ago, ChlcGirl said:

They normally do Kelli's welcome speech in the stadium.  Gives the girls the chance to gurgle over being there and some sweeping shots of the field.

I think the only time they didn't do this was when the stadium was under construction. Then they were at the Gaylord Texas? Texas Gaylord?  One or the other.  A hotel :)

Ahhhh I totally forgot about the introduction part! 

I I wonder if they will talk about how "they have 800 girls trying out" lol

6 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Ahhhh I totally forgot about the introduction part! 

I I wonder if they will talk about how "they have 800 girls trying out" lol

that was another thing i thought was so interesting about Kalli Fullerton's blog...how she mentioned the first year she tried out (season 2?) there were seriously HUNDREDS of girls and she was so overwhelmed. Then when she came back a few years later she said the line was much shorter.  The show really must make a difference in who is willing to give it a go these days lol 

I follow Hunter on Snapchat and she just posted a picture - she's wearing red and looks great! I could be wrong, but I believe that I saw Ashley Williams (current Mavs dancer) standing behind her as well. Looks like they're trying out together. 

12 minutes ago, cheerpink said:

I follow Hunter on Snapchat and she just posted a picture - she's wearing red and looks great! I could be wrong, but I believe that I saw Ashley Williams (current Mavs dancer) standing behind her as well. Looks like they're trying out together. 

Oh!!! What's her snapchat??

5 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Speaking of Mavs, did anyone notice on the lindsaywaldrop video that there was a girl wearing a Mavs tank so wondered if that was another cheerleader trying out.

I could be totally wrong but it looks like an old Mavs dancer from a few years ago 

3 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

This girl Berkly Brown is auditioning....not sure if it has been posted already or not. Holly P wished her luck!

She hasn't been posted yet! Great find. I'll add her to the list!:) I've been noticing Holly has wished a lot of girls luck on their pages, how sweet!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

She hasn't been posted yet! Great find. I'll add her to the list!:) I've been noticing Holly has wished a lot of girls luck on their pages, how sweet!

I noticed that too, she does seem sweet and down to earth! :)

Dallas Cowboys snapchat is all DCC auditions today. Crazy eyes Emily Roslyn is auditioning again. 

Looks to me like Shelbi's group for prelims was shown on the snapchat story. Her choreo looked like it was last year or the years before semi finals choreo. 

Kendall (friends with Angela) had tried out SEVERAL times and is trying out again today. Her two toned blond and brunette hair looks trashy. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Dallas Cowboys snapchat is all DCC auditions today. Crazy eyes Emily Roslyn is auditioning again. 

Looks to me like Shelbi's group for prelims was shown on the snapchat story. Her choreo looked like it was last year or the years before semi finals choreo. 

What is the snap chat?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Kendall (friends with Angela) had tried out SEVERAL times and is trying out again today. Her two toned blond and brunette hair looks trashy. 

Kendall is back from NYC? She has resting bitch face!

Checking in and confirming some of the info: Shelbi, Emily (snake eyes) and Auto Amy are auditioning. I saw a few familiar faces, but couldn't remember names. My daughter thought there was about 300 auditioning so I'm curious on the 525 number.

There were a few CMT crews filming some of the girls and a drone taking aerial shots of the line and parking lot. I learned some of the girls being filmed are picked through the prep classes, and a CMT rep is there to watch and approach them. It sounds like they may be tipped off by Michelle Keys or Kitty Carter. They had one girl hugging her boyfriend goodbye and showed another getting out of her car and approaching the line. I'll be curious to see the editing and what appears on the show.

On a side note, it was POURING rain this morning, and fortuitously the rain stopped just before 7:00 as the girls were lining up. There is a lot of hair primping due to the rain and mugginess. They had about 1/2 hour after Kelli's intro to get ready before the dancing.

• Love 1

If there's 525 auditioning today, that's about 200 more than in the last couple of years. Interesting.

I wouldn't put it past Auto Amy to audition again. She moved to Dallas for this, and it's really near to her heart. I don't think she'll make it to TC, but at least she's giving it a go, if that's what she wants.

I'm surprised Emily R is trying out again. Last she auditioned was in S8, right? so 4 years ago. Guess she needs to give it one last try before letting the dream go.

Saw all the red bags on the chairs for today. I want one! lol

I wonder if girls fill out the paperwork and decide not to try out once auditions start. Emily R. tried out in Season 9. She was shown a few times. Auto Amy must really think she has a chance of making the team. Imo, I think she is a little too desperate. She must have a very understanding fiancé because she has been putting her life and wedding on hold to try out again and again.

Just now, KellyAnn3 said:

Do y'all think we'll be able to watch the videos of the finalists tonight or will we have to wait? I'm so excited to see the crop that makes it to finals!

Today is only prelims

9 minutes ago, KellyAnn3 said:

Do y'all think we'll be able to watch the videos of the finalists tonight or will we have to wait? I'm so excited to see the crop that makes it to finals!

theyll do the choreo tomorrow. Hopefully we'll see it tomorrow/Monday. I'm excited too!

anyone know what's in the red bags this year?! 

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't see melissa rycroft, guess candice replaced her.

I thought Kelli said Melissa Rycroft would be back. Maybe she couldn't make prelim judging...?

Some updates:

There not 525 girls - the numbers are random, so even tho someone was assigned #522, there are only about 300 girls. 

There are 16 judges, don't know who they all are, besides the obvious. 

Gift bags contain a free spray tan and discount for eye lashes.

They just had a break and are finishing the second half of girls. Daughter reports seeing Fallon and has been chatting with Berkly a bit.

She says her dance was a blur and doesn't remember any of it, and the song (Jason Derulio) seemed to play forever :)

I'll post as I learn more!

• Love 1