Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I actually think it's an interesting point that the Paige thing could be relevant to auditions.   Like if K&J have hard evidence that 2-3 vets were not only aware of the relationship, but also hung out w/ Paige and her man, etc. maybe those girls won't make it back w/o a real explanation.   OR - think about this, K&J and the DCC PTB could actually be holding onto the evidence they have and are gonna spring it on the offending vets in panel interviews!  Like wow would that make for good TV.

Paige was always one of my favorites, so I must say I am quite disappointed in how she would actually go through an audition process (or magbe even two)+) while secretly breaking such a serious rule.   Once she knew the thing had developed into anyhing close to a "relationship", she should have stopped trying out.  Girls who date players have been kicked off the squad mid-season (I think they have even erased their name from the list of the squad members), so the DCC does take that rule very serious.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

I actually think it's an interesting point that the Paige thing could be relevant to auditions.   Like if K&J have hard evidence that 2-3 vets were not only aware of the relationship, but also hung out w/ Paige and her man, etc. maybe those girls won't make it back w/o a real explanation.   OR - think about this, K&J and the DCC PTB could actually be holding onto the evidence they have and are gonna spring it on the offending vets in panel interviews!  Like wow would that make for good TV.

Paige was always one of my favorites, so I must say I am quite disappointed in how she would actually go through an audition process (or magbe even two)+) while secretly breaking such a serious rule.   Once she knew the thing had developed into anyhing close to a "relationship", she should have stopped trying out.  Girls who date players have been kicked off the squad mid-season (I think they have even erased their name from the list of the squad members), so the DCC does take that rule very serious.

I think you're probably right. How I would love to be a fly on the wall when THAT conversation happens. 

I think if they do starting to cut vets because of it though that it would be so hypocritical. They're all about the 'sisterhood' and 'lifetime bonds' but they expected them to rat their friend out? Cos I find it impossible that NONE of the girls knew lol. 

Also, they're losing some of the more experienced vets this year as it is, so I'll think they'll want to hold on to as many as possible and just warn them instead. I'd be willing to bet that the girls closest to Paige probably won't be invited to show group, or asked to be group leaders though because they'll be on K+Js shit list.

On that note, that's why I think they might overlook Kat stil not being very powerful compared to others and possible weight gains in other vets. 

Edited by JC123
  • Love 3

Re. Kat and whether she should have shown more DCC style, it obviously didn't do any harm as this was from last year and she made it lol!

Also perhaps it is a good idea to really play to your strengths.. is this audition done before they learn the DCC dances? Maybe it is a good idea to wow them with your strengths so they remember you and hope they take a chance on you being able to pick up the DCC style.. which appears to be what happened with Kat.

If you tried the DCC style in your auditions and were not so great they would probably just rule you out straight away.

@BritFan yeah I actually like her solo from last year. The point of the solo is to showcase their own individual talents. I think Jen K might have even done a tap solo one year at finals lol. My comment about not being powerful was from the video of the class at valley ranch the other night. She should have picked up the style a bit more by now. ?

So just on the 'explore' bit on Instagram and it looks like there's loooooooooads of girls trying out this year. Some are not so good but one to watch out for might be a girl called Cristi Fisher. She's a really good dancer I've been stalking her Instagram lol. 

Yes I agree with others that Kat's dance is really showcasing her rhythmic gymnastics skill and not how she can be powerful and pop.  I thought Kitty had her put down the ball at some point so perhaps she does that further in the routine.  She does need to show them how she has progressed in the DCC style. 

15 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

whooo where where where?  I really gotta get on instagram

loll is this in reference to the lindsay girl or the guy who wants one of their uniforms? He asked about it on the q&a if she got to keep them but on insta, he seems to post like "really want a uniform" and ick

sorry back to the topic!

Tobeyoungagain, I think this is the clip with Jax and her roommate: 

I think Lindsey is good but I don't think she is better than Jax.  For as much as Jax blends to me in general, I do think she is a good dancer. Her facials are really what annoy me at times (the scary face Kitty made fun of lol) but even that is not as bad anymore.  Will be interesting to see what happens with Lindsey and if she tries out again! 

3 hours ago, JC123 said:

I think you're probably right. How I would love to be a fly on the wall when THAT conversation happens. 

I think if they do starting to cut vets because of it though that it would be so hypocritical. They're all about the 'sisterhood' and 'lifetime bonds' but they expected them to rat their friend out? Cos I find it impossible that NONE of the girls knew lol. 

Also, they're losing some of the more experienced vets this year as it is, so I'll think they'll want to hold on to as many as possible and just warn them instead. I'd be willing to bet that the girls closest to Paige probably won't be invited to show group, or asked to be group leaders though because they'll be on K+Js shit list.

On that note, that's why I think they might overlook Kat stil not being very powerful compared to others and possible weight gains in other vets. 

There is absolutely NO WAY on heaven and earth that Danielle did not know her bestie/roomie/coworker Paige was dating a Cowboy player. NONE. Zilch. Didn't Paige keep Jeff's dog a lot too? I could see the rookies not knowing about it but Dani and the other vets? I can't believe it. 

So that will def be interesting, to see if K&J actually do anything about it.  I honestly feel like they would have said something already to Danielle or other girls they suspect of knowing.  Will they maybe not get some of the perks? We shall see. But I still have a hard time believing they will not give Danielle GL. I wonder if they get super annoyed with her, for always having roommates that cause trouble! JK 

• Love 1
(edited)

Can we talk about how absolutely fabulous Madeline looks in this video?!?! I love Riquel Olander as a dancer, but in this clip I was like, dang, can't stop watching the girl behind her...saw in comments it's Madeline!! Yessss girl!! So excited for her...hope this is her year!! 

ETA: oops haha see Madeline also posted this on her own IG. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1

This topic comes up every year. Some people think that the solos should all be dance solos because dancing is after all, what the DCC do. Others think the candidates should be able to do whatever talent they want, since the requirements don't say it has to be dance. My vote is with the latter group. To me, the purpose of the solo is:
a) To show what else is interesting/compelling about them as performers, that distinguishes them from other candidates. Because at this point in the competition, the rookie candidates probably all run together in the judges' minds.
b) To show if they have any particular talents/skills that may be useful for show group. That includes the type of technical dance skills that aren't usually included in DCC routines, but also could include other things like singing,. Even Kat's routine would be interesting as a solo in the middle of one of their big show group extravaganzas. Those special talents could tip the balance in a candidate's favor. For instance, if all of the good singers on the team have retired, an aspiring rookie with a great voice might be chosen over someone who is a slightly better dancer but can't sing.
c) To show how charismatic a performer each candidate is on their own and give the judges a chance to look at them as individuals.

The group routine and kickline show off the girls' ability to do the DCC style, so I'm fine with them doing something different for solos. As long as they are good at whatever it is. It's probably a nice break for the judges too. I used to think it would be interesting to judge these auditions, but after watching a few other teams' broadcasts of their final auditions, I think I'd be sick of it after the first dozen solos. Especially at that level when all of the easy cuts have already been made and everyone left is good.

• Love 1

Madelines hair looks like her old hair in that video?  I thought she changed it and looks really different?   Or is that the old video.    She looks the same in that video, and although she is definitely good, I'm not blown away w/ her dancing. 

I didn't even know it was Madeline behind the girl, she's still a bit stiff though. Her hair looks dark again =/

LOL well, the choreography is kind of sharp so...her hair looks dark but not BLACK and her make up looks much better to me. 

Oh well, I don't have the critical eye for this dance stuff like everyone here seems to.  I think she looks great and am pulling for her! 

I don't know if Amy is trying out again for DCC but I saw this vid and it bugged me and I could not figure out why at first.. it is because her eyes are locked on her reflection the whole time.

Now I get that you watch yourself as you dance, I'm from a ballet background so am used of dancing in front of mirrors.. but she taking it too far and no longer performing.

She never stops looking at her reflection, the other girls are focusing on other stuff. It's distracting

52 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I certainly prefered Madeline's dancing to the girl at the front.. her expressions were very odd!

Same, I'd rather focus on Madeline than the girl in front of her.

53 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I don't know if Amy is trying out again for DCC but I saw this vid and it bugged me and I could not figure out why at first.. it is because her eyes are locked on her reflection the whole time.

Now I get that you watch yourself as you dance, I'm from a ballet background so am used of dancing in front of mirrors.. but she taking it too far and no longer performing.

That does look a little creepy. Amy posts a lot of video links from her IG on her Twitter so it could be from Ice Angels practice. I think the girl behind her is Jessica, a current IA. She could be practicing for DCC finals or any other auditions coming up. Maybe she just wants to stay with the IAs and has to be good in order to make it back.

(edited)

I couldnt actually watch the video of Amy dancing...Her staring at herself is making me too uncomfortable 

And I think Madeleine is looking great. Someone else posted a video and by chance she was in it... She looks like her dancing is a lot less sharp than last year. (Being too sharp if you all remember was one of the reasons she got cut) Good luck to her I say! She's so cute! 

ETA whoops I didn't see the video had been mentioned already lol 

Edited by JC123
  • Love 1

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack! Madeleine's hair is darkER, but no it's not black. I almost didn't recognize her because she's really tan and has super curly hair. the dark chocolatey hair makes her eyes pop. She performed really well last night and was talking to some of the returning/retiring vets last night like Jenn, Jenna and Jacie. I think she's a little more mature this year. Hoping the best for her!

As far as Amy looking at herself that's a dance thing. If you have bad memory watching yourself kind of "reminds" your what move is next. I don't know if she is auditioning or not, but I DO know Steph D. would give her honest feedback. Speaking of which, Kelli Sullivan is reauditioning.

Cristi fisher looks good. Don't know her well but I'm rooting for her.

now my favourite part; GOSSIP ? A friend of mine was at a bar called citizen last weekend. Chandler Parsons had a table, and of course there was a treasure trove of girls around him. Most were minding their own business. His "main" Kate was next to him (not a dancer) and none other than underage Caila was heavily intoxicated and tried to give him a lap dance. Multiple times. Apparently he tried to tell her no but she kept trying. Eventually she was face down ass up on one of his friends around closing time.

i know there's nothing wrong about fraternising with other franchises players, and we have all drank a little underage/in college, but to be a public figure and to be drunk grinding on someone when you're 20 is another thing. It just looks bad. Britney Schram was there too and sort of ignored her apparently. 

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

tMadeline's dancing is great! Really pulling for her this year! Amy Simone needs to work on her facial expressions lol

Remember when Kitty told Amy not to make that bitch face at solos?

dalgal214: Is Kelli  reauditioning for the Ice Angels or the DCC?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

dalgal214: Is Kelli  reauditioning for the Ice Angels or the DCC?

Yes ma'am, she's reauditioning for DCC. Sorry I read that wrong

Edited by dalgal214

I love gossip woo. Ohhh Caila Caila Caila, I'm shaking my head at you girl. That could be why she looked a bit heavier at #DCCSwim lol

16 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

now my favourite part; GOSSIP ? A friend of mine was at a bar called citizen last weekend. Chandler Parsons had a table, and of course there was a treasure trove of girls around him. Most were minding their own business. His "main" Kate was next to him (not a dancer) and none other than underage Caila was heavily intoxicated and tried to give him a lap dance. Multiple times. Apparently he tried to tell her no but she kept trying. Eventually she was face down ass up on one of his friends around closing time.

i know there's nothing wrong about fraternising with other franchises players, and we have all drank a little underage/in college, but to be a public figure and to be drunk grinding on someone when you're 20 is another thing. It just looks bad. Britney Schram was there too and sort of ignored her apparently. 

Kate who?..... Chandler has a gf and Kate isn't her name.

Regarding Caila, I'm not surprised. She was that way with Mike Napoli too.

Yeah, drinking will do that to ya. I've noticed on IG she's roommates with Halle Pipkin and hangs out with Kelsey L a lot. Kels is dating Josh who has tried hooking up with Ashley Pro. He was on the amazing race or big brother or something like that. They're uptownies. Kinda douchey. 

Im not trying to chastise Caila because I know she's young and I get wanting to party and live it up while you're young. But when you're a DCC you have to give up certain things. Having that party life style is one of those things that are sacrificed.

5 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Kate who?..... Chandler has a gf and Kate isn't her name.

Regarding Caila, I'm not surprised. She was that way with Mike Napoli too.

Yeah his girlfriend is Toni Garn. Kate is his "main apparently. Basketball players ?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Yeah, drinking will do that to ya. I've noticed on IG she's roommates with Halle Pipkin and hangs out with Kelsey L a lot. Kels is dating Josh who has tried hooking up with Ashley Pro. He was on the amazing race or big brother or something like that. They're uptownies. Kinda douchey. 

Im not trying to chastise Caila because I know she's young and I get wanting to party and live it up while you're young. But when you're a DCC you have to give up certain things. Having that party life style is one of those things that are sacrificed.

I hope she doesn't end up like Chelsea getting cut for partying.

• Love 1

My friend was there, so I can't be certain! She apparently looks similar to Athena perample from LA clippers, if that helps. 

She's not associated with DCC though so I don't want to get in trouble with the admins 

I think Cristi Fisher and her little MSU friend are good candidates, for even training camp I would say.

I like Hunter A LOT. Haven't seen her kick though. My guess is that since she's cheered and if she's kept up with her flexibility her kicks should be okay. The technique will probably need to be developed, but I'm sure Michelle has helped with that, and if she makes it into training camp they'll be understanding and patient because she's such a powerful dancer.

Kelli Sullivan has consistently made finals so unless they're just thinking "we're over it, give it a rest" she'll be cut at semis. She's so cute and perfect though, so I hope she makes training camp and will end up making it this year.

i think Madeleine will make training camp again. She's matured so I hope she'll make it

i feel like kyndall fuller will probably make finals but I'm not sure about back to TC. She's a little willowy and not as powerful as a lot of the new girls coming in. 

Selina might get cut at finals or even semis. I've seen pics from her new dance team and she looks a little fluffy, bless her heart.

no one else stands out in my head enough.

2 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Ugh if Caila seriously has been partying a lot and gets cut I will be so disappointed

I know. She seems like she's developed as a dancer. I don't want her to be cut either, but I think the office has heard of her antics and has noticed she's distracted.

• Love 2

Even at only 20 I would still hope she would have more sense to get really drunk with "high" profile people. Because K+J WILL find out. If they get wind of this (pictures etc) they will see it as her damaging the brand and she will be OUT. As for Britney ignoring her, if she was as drunk as you say, do you blame her?! 

• Love 2

PS anyone see Courtney Johnsons latest IG post? She's not trying out again she's in Germany! i thought for sure she'd try again. Maybe next year. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dalgal214 said:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack! Madeleine's hair is darkER, but no it's not black. I almost didn't recognize her because she's really tan and has super curly hair. the dark chocolatey hair makes her eyes pop. She performed really well last night and was talking to some of the returning/retiring vets last night like Jenn, Jenna and Jacie. I think she's a little more mature this year. Hoping the best for her!

As far as Amy looking at herself that's a dance thing. If you have bad memory watching yourself kind of "reminds" your what move is next. I don't know if she is auditioning or not, but I DO know Steph D. would give her honest feedback. Speaking of which, Kelli Sullivan is reauditioning.

Cristi fisher looks good. Don't know her well but I'm rooting for her.

I'm so glad to hear Madeline is looking great in person too! Will definitely be watching for Cristi F.  I liked her look and dancing from what I've seen.  

I really just can't see Amy auditioning again. Stranger things, I guess, but I don't think they'd be able to get over her kicks and short legs, especially after what happened with Taylor last year in camp. Just too heart breaking. Which one is Kelli Sullivan? I think I'm confusing her with Kelli Quinn...

So disappointing about Caila. She seems so sweet and quiet on the show, just not a partier but you truly can't tell from social media I guess. Excessive partying would also explain her looking puffy recently too. Isn't she living with lacey?? Lacey seems so mature. I can't imagine her being like yeah girl, great idea to go get wasted mere weeks before auditions!  I feel for girls when they get cut for weight gain or getting outdanced but partying and being dumb like that...no.  

So you have seen Selina around again? I didn't think she lived in Dallas area.  She kind of blended but I liked her dancing from small bits I saw.  From what you get to see in person, do you think all the rookies will make it back?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Which one is Kelli Sullivan? I think I'm confusing her with Kelli Quinn..

Lol same person. Her full name is Kelli Quinn Sullivan. She was around when they were doing the first-middle name thing.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Lol same person. Her full name is Kelli Quinn Sullivan. She was around when they were doing the first-middle name thing.

Ahh gotcha LOL  She is really cute! 

I can't really say about which rookies will be cut. They're all SUPER strong in different ways. They've all been keeping a semi low profile so anyone is game. I think Claire, raylee, simone, and regrettably Kat are the bottom tier rookies. Kat is adorable though and can kick to the sky so I think that'll be her saving grace. Raylee and Simone are just soft and not exciting. I went to two games this year and Claire messed up on sidelines at a preseason game AND mid season.like girl, get it together. She's got a good body but not an exotic or standout face and a very blah dancer. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

Any word on whether Karen Lopez is auditioning again?  Or Kyndall. Or Emily the super shy girl. 

No to Karen and Emily, Kyndall yes. She's been working really hard but I still think she's a soft willowy dancer

5 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

I can't really say about which rookies will be cut. They're all SUPER strong in different ways. They've all been keeping a semi low profile so anyone is game. I think Claire, raylee, simone, and regrettably Kat are the bottom tier rookies. Kat is adorable though and can kick to the sky so I think that'll be her saving grace. Raylee and Simone are just soft and not exciting. I went to two games this year and Claire messed up on sidelines at a preseason game AND mid season.like girl, get it together. She's got a good body but not an exotic or standout face and a very blah dancer. 

Well, I guess that is wise of them to keep a low profile.  I wonder if swimsuit pictures will help any of the low tier ones? From what we saw online, I thought Claire and Raylee looked *gorgeous* - super photogenic. 

What do you think of Holly P and Amy T's builds in person? Amy can come off really bottom heavy in pictures and some think Holly looks too much like a stocky gymnast in photos.  Do you think they pull it off better in person? 

I feel like Kyndall is another Rachel Buckmaster; really pretty, very classy and lady like but just not able to do the powerful style. 

32 minutes ago, JC123 said:

PS anyone see Courtney Johnsons latest IG post? She's not trying out again she's in Germany! i thought for sure she'd try again. Maybe next year. 

Courtney is concentrating on her studies this year.

I hope she does try again in the future because I really liked her.

Am I the only slightly patheitic one who feels disappointed that Caila is acting so trashy. I feel a bit let down! ☹️

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I knew a few weeks ago that she wasn't trying out. I'm so sad though, she's seems like such a nice girl.