Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Rapacity In Blue

Why is this season half over already? It's not fair.

Hank should've known to go right to Brock first for lady advice. I'm looking forward to Brock and Warriana's potential relationship. She's definitely a good replacement for Molotov.

Also, looking forward to more Blue Morpho stuff. Billy thinking it was Rusty under the costume was a nice bait and switch.

I really liked that no one was paying attention to the Brock/Harangutan fight. Only in NY.

Had a really bad day today but this lightened it a bit.

Monarch and 21 really do make a cute couple.  Wonder if they'll end up together if Dr. Mrs. The Monarch files for divorce?

The brief bits we see of the mice on the God Gas were hysterical (crucified mice was so delightfully wrong) but got even better when the others inhaled a bit.

Harrangutan seeing Rusty and Billy as devils, Billy full idolization of Rusty coming to the surface, Brock going to Warriana's apartment and essentially bowing to her glory and confessing his feelings were delightful.

Billy and Pete's other inventions were great, too, especially The Prometheus Drug and what happened to all the mice when the side effects kicked in.

Well, my spirits were lightened a bit.  I still feel a bit depressed (personal family reasons), but not as much.

• Love 1

I hope you feel better soon, bmoore4026.

Episode felt a little scattered. Wouldn't have thought Brock was susceptible to gas attacks. Maybe Doc and Jackson are setting up a Warriana/Molotov fight. And Monarch made for a dashing hero. It's good to distract him from the video of his father and friggin' Jonas Venture getting their knobs polished.

So . . . is 24 a ghost, or is it an Empire Strikes Back delusion from Gary?

ETA: Wait . . . there are only eight seasons this season??

ETA2: I meant "episodes." That's what happens when I post late at night.

Mrs. the Monarch has the worst commute ever. All the way into orbit.

Slightly disappointed with Harrangutan. The shot of him in the season promos made me think he was going to be The Captain under the influence of Hulk drugs. He's well named though; wall to wall smack talk.

The mice going through the Bible all the way to the Apocalypse in just a few hours was hysterical.

After seeing that video, Monarch might want to make sure he washes all of his dad's old clothes thoroughly. Maybe replace the upholstery in the Morphomobile.

The shot of Rusty and Billy as devils reminds me of Stig's Inferno.

Rusty really needs to fix that hole in the floor.

So . . . is 24 a ghost, or is it an Empire Strikes Back delusion from Gary?

I vote for delusion.

Really enjoyed the episode.  I saw a comment on the AV Club review that speculated that the Blue Morpho and Jonas Sr were brothers.  Rewatching the episode, the video does seem to support that theory. 

• Love 2

This show is hilarity. It's just so wacky. 

The Monarch is so entertaining in his vendetta against Rusty. Even though we still have no idea what caused the Monarch to hate him. 

I do find it funny that Mrs Dr Girlfriend or whatever she is now automatically assumed that her husband was dating his henchman to spite her. Does make you wonder what happens with their swinging. If they still do that ...

Really enjoyed the episode.  I saw a comment on the AV Club review that speculated that the Blue Morpho and Jonas Sr were brothers.  Rewatching the episode, the video does seem to support that theory. 

Now that you've mentioned it, they do strike me as having a Hank & Dean vibe in the video recording. Morpho is totally Hank. "The Blue Morpho is a baaad guuuy!"

• Love 1
I vote for delusion.

I also vote delusion.

Man that makes sense.

The AV article was ok, but I disagree with one point it made. There is still a lot of mystery in the show that could be resolved (most notably Rusty and the Monarch's collective daddy issues).

And to the matter of the show coasting, I don't agree. The boys are growing, the Monarch is on a journey of self-discovery in spite of his stubbornness, Brock is smitten, And everybody has had their circumstances and scenery changed.

I think the bigger issues are:

1- We don't know where any of this going (something I'm not opposed to).

2- Waiting 18-30 months for new seasons is tough to take. I appreciate quality, understand the workload involved and am patient as hell, but the wait for this season was ridiculous. When do we get another season? 2019?

• Love 2

Blue Morpho and Jonas Sr definitely have something going on. For this show, it makes total sense if they were brothers. 

The whole mice bible in the background was hilarious. 

I actually think Dr Mrs The Monarch dealing with the whole guild business is really interesting. All the forms! Can the Monarch just switch identities? I suppose he wasn't technically arching. On the other hand, the "heroes" in the city are under the thumb of the Whale, so if he's coming in hero-ing that's still going to be an issue.

• Love 1

Great ep, but wish I had been able to see the previous one. I think I missed some important info b/c of it. Sadly, Comcast on-demand only has the first ep of the season available.

Adult swim.com has it. All you have to do is sign in with your Comcast account and you can watch it.

ETA: the Xfinity "TV Go" app also has the episode.

Edited by revbfc

Oooh, thanks! I wish I had known that last night. There's no way to catch up before my session with my PT after work!

Is the name "Blue Morpho" sppsd to have significance? I mean, he's totally a spoof of Green Hornet (and Kato), but the name's significance escapes me right now.

I loved how the scene w/ Jonas and the Blue Morpho on video was so a nod to the film Auto Focus featuring the sordid life of Bob Crane and his videotaping of his numerous exploits.

Is the name "Blue Morpho" sppsd to have significance? I mean, he's totally a spoof of Green Hornet (and Kato), but the name's significance escapes me right now.

The colors of the Blue Morpho butterfly change depending on the angle that you look at it from. Maybe it's a subtle hint that the original Morpho wasn't what he seemed. Come to think of it, the new one isn't what he seems either.

• Love 1