Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: A Streetcar Named Desire

Crossover episode with TVD S7.E14: Moonlight on the Bayou!

With the threat of the prophecy looming over their heads, Klaus and Elijah find themselves rendered useless inside a magical trap, while Aya and The Strix's coven of witches move forward with a risky spell that could take one of them down for good. Elsewhere, Freya leads the charge to get her brothers back and enlists the help of Marcel, Hayley, and Stefan Salvatore, an old friend of Klaus', whose unexpected arrival may be the key to their survival. Finally, Davina moves forward with a dangerous plan that brings her one step closer to reuniting with Kol.
Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I think we are to believe in TVD world they are a little behind real time b/c some seasons were the same year. So I think the whole purpose of the FF scenes on TVD may have been to do this crossover and catch TVD up to present day. This would be all well and good except Hope was conceived on TVD and she hasn't been aged up 3 yrs so there's that.

After this episode, I can't tell if the writers want me to like to Davina and understand her motives or not. Like...am I supposed to be okay with the prospect of her dying? I don't understand how she thinks? Marcel told her the stricks planned on killing both Elijah and Klaus -the brothers of a person she claims to love....and I mean she was there when he was overjoyed that those same brothers rallied around him when he was dying- and she thinks Kol would just be...okay with that? On top of that, she seems to be incapable of long term thinking. By putting Klaus in danger, she's also endangering a 1-year old girl who likely aren't going to stop at just killing her father (idk, maybe I've been watching Vikings and Game of Thrones too long and I just assume if people want to kill a "king" they're also going to kill his kids as well. Especially if they're oooold enemies.). I just....she needs to die. 

Maybe if she was played by a different actress that didn't make her seem so petulant, I'd be more inclined to cut her some slack....

Edited by Gwen-Stacys
  • Love 6

With the vampire diaries going to a 3 year flash forward visiting the originals doesn't that mean that the originals are still alive after 3 years... which makes this whole prophecy irrelevant?

In the flash forward at the start of TVD Caroline shows up in New Orleans with her 2 daughters looking for Klaus and they says he's been gone for years. No mention of anyone else.  So where does he go is now the question or the bartender could be lying. 

Kol! So happy he's back, but Davina's an idiot. If all she needed was his ashes and blood of his brothers then they would have gladly give her their blood for Kol. And she thought Kol would be ok with her killing his family? No way. She hasn't interacted with this Kol before, she had Kol-lite. 

No Cami is always a plus.

Liked Stefan being there and it wasn't until the trunk scene that I remembered Paul & Phoebe were dating in real life. Good for remembering and bringing up the Caroline/Hayley back story.

Where's Jackson's heart now? Can they just bring him back with it?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Oh, Klaus. Have you learned nothing? Going all Cask of Amontillado on Aurora just means that one day she's going to escape and be super pissed.

Kol is finally back in his Original body and he was shirtless. That's all that matters to me lol.

Not just shirtless - NAKED!

I thought it was HILARIOUS that Stefan said Caroline is stronger now so Hayley wouldn't be able to kick her ass anymore. Uh, no. Hayley is a hybrid so she is stronger than a regular vampire. Caroline has been a vampire for, what, three years? Lucien referred to Stefan and Marcel as toddler vampires because they're still so young and useless so that would make Caroline an infant vampire who is even weaker.

Okay, great plan everyone. Let's lure Rayna to the Strix house and let her kill most of them. But then what? Did I miss the scene where Stefan put a fresh handful of Freya's magical clay on top of his mark? Or did Rayna's arm just get so tired from killing all of the other vampires that she decided to call it a day and go home? Obviously something happened since she didn't get far enough into the house to kill Elijah, Aya, or Marcel or find Stefan. Or was that the body that Aya dumped on the ground in the pool house? If so, why didn't Klaus wall her up in a spelled cell next to Aurora?

Did Stefan get Freya's recipe for magical mud to cover his mark so that she won't be chasing him anymore?

Lucien was hilarious this week. For someone who's been mostly dead, he still had no fucks to give.

It's no secret that Hayley isn't my favorite, but I wanted to high five her when she killed Aya. It made me glad that Elijah couldn't do it because Hayley got some sweet vengeance AND we are now rid of Aya's boring ass. I was SO annoyed with Aya when she was begging Elijah to kill her and end it. If you are that desperate to die, take off your daylight ring and walk outside, you lazy bitch!

I still don't understand why the Strix insisted that Elijah abandoned them. His crazy father was coming to kill him. He would have been stupid to just sit around waiting for Mikael to show up. The Strix were stupid for choosing that option and then getting mad when Mikael killed a bunch of them. You know a person obsessed with killing your kind is heading straight at you, so you just...do nothing? This week said that Elijah left her, but we saw in the flashback that he asked her to come with him and she said no because she wanted to stay with the Strix so I don't consider that him leaving her. That was Elijah deciding not to be a sitting duck and trying to, you know, STAY ALIVE.

Hahaha, I love that only Klaus's sire line was severed. Maybe if he hadn't been such a complete and utter dick to so many vampires, including the ones he sired, they wouldn't want to kill him and he wouldn't have to be so obsessed with what they're going to do now that their undead lives are no longer bound to his.

• Love 1

ITA that they keep revising the mythology of this show. I just meant that now that this whole "killing an Original kills everyone in his sire line" rule is a thing on the show and apparently everyone else knows about it in the TVD universe, now that Klaus's vampire descendants are no longer tied to him, everyone who he's been a dick to can take a swing at him without worrying about if they will kill half of their friends (or themselves).

Even without that whole sireline business, I feel like there weren't vampires clamoring to kill Klaus before now because the white oak stakes were rare at best and unless someone hate Klaus enough to spend all their time tracking down some of the original white oak remnants, their time was better spent enjoying their immortality. It's kind of funny to see how Marcel had all the vampires in New Orleans organized while Stefan and Damon were portrayed as only hanging out with one or two vampires at a time.

• Love 1

Kol! So happy he's back, but Davina's an idiot. If all she needed was his ashes and blood of his brothers then they would have gladly give her their blood for Kol. And she thought Kol would be ok with her killing his family? No way. She hasn't interacted with this Kol before, she had Kol-lite.

I hope this isn't Kol-lite. The Kol that showed up in the witch-world (or whatever that was called) with hearts in his eyes bored the hell out of me. I miss the Kol that hit Damon with a baseball bat and happily played video games before trying to rip off Jeremy's arm.

I know he isn't a vampire anymore, but I want something other than him lovingly saying "Oh, Davina Claire" over and over again.

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 2

I don't think that we're going to get Kol lite.  But I don't want psychopath Kol....mainly because it's harder for them to keep a character on a regular that causes too much damage.  Unpopular opinion, I actually like Davina.  I know she's always in over her head but she's still pretty young.  I don't blame her for being reckless, girl has no one except Josh.  

• Love 5

So this idea that it's only been the sirelines that have been holding Klaus's enemies back for a thousand years... only works if you forget that this is pretty new information to everyone.

I agree. They even pointed this out on this show when the Season started and this sireline war was brought up. At least Lucien mentioned it, Tristan maybe too, how they learned of that with Finn, got confirmation with Kol, then the remaining Originals were nearly killed by their parental (and their parents`siblings) units which had their lines quaking in fear. Only then did they get it into their heads to wipe out the "head of the competition" so to speak. So really, what held everyone back for the other 1000 years was probably the knowledge how unkilleable they supposedly were.  

Guess they de-linked Klaus specifically because he was supposed to have less plot armour and they can`t even threaten him with threaten half the characters on the sister show. Which, no more. However, his plot armour comes from being a main character. What more does he need?

Strategically, actually the other sirelines should feel more endangered now. Anyone of Klaus` sired could still make a play for either Elijah or Rebekah while their vamps could no longer threaten to retaliate in kind. Klaus` sireline now has to be taken on one at a time.     

I found it even a bit sad when Klaus said he felt them all leaving.  

I know he isn't a vampire anymore, but I want something other than him lovingly saying "Oh, Davina Claire" over and over again.

Since she used his original ashes, I`m not sure she didn`t bring him back as an Original Vampire. It would be really funny if it retroactively brought back his entire line as well.

What remains to be seen is which side he is gonna be on. He left in a reasonably good place with his siblings but he is also romantically involved with Davina.

I thought this was a pretty good episode overall. 

• Love 2

I was thrilled for Davina. She finally succeeded in getting one over on Klaus in a permanent way. She fulfilled her promise to Marcel and was able to sever his blood ties to Klaus. Finally she got Kol back.

• Love 3

I love how they had to sit there and listen to Tristan crank out some tunes on the violin.

When Tristan busted out his violin, I thought maybe the four of them were going to see if they could have a contest to annoy each other. Remember back in the 90s when radio stations would have contests to win a car where the contestants lived in a car? Some of them would try to get the others to leave by using nail polish or eating stinky food. I was imagining a fancier version of that with mostly Klaus and Tristan doing their best to annoy each other. It would have been way too easy to drive Elijah crazy by doing things like setting the table but not having the silverware lines up perfectly. I still remember that scene on TVD where he was having dinner with someone (Stefan and Damon?) and he was adjusting the silverware while he talked to them

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Hee! ElectricBoogaloo, I was thinking the same thing. Was Aurora about to start singing operatic arias super off-key? Would Klaus recite some of his awful poetry? Who would break first? :-D

I too felt a small twinge of sadness when Klaus said he could feel them (every vamp in his sire line) all leaving. Aw.

Ya'll know I can NOT stand Hayley but I did fist pump the air when she killed Aya. 

Well I finally got an answer as to where Lucien was all this time. I also may have squeed a little at his and Freya's interactions.

OG Kol is back, all is well. (/shallow)

I enjoyed this one. Everyone had something interesting to do and I was finally rid of the ever more annoying though gorgeous Aya and rid, at least for awhile of both boring Tristan and horrific Aurora (gah I wish someone had punched her prior to brickin' her ass up).  

I'd like to think I'm also done with the annoying Capital P, Prophecy. Prob'bly not though. :P

Good use of Paul W. and cross with VDs little big bad (criminy has the actress playing resurrected RC had more than a line of dialogue in three episodes?). Stefan's not happy unless he's bait, martyr, proxy or a combination of the three.

Decent use of smarmy Lucien- he's ok in small doses. Particularly when those small doses include him being restrained and unconscious.

I too was impressed with the FX of the sire disconnect. I'm interested to see where this new plot point takes Klaus's line, especially Marcel. I'm always happiest when Marcel is colluding with Klaus- maybe this will give the characters an opportunity to explore a peer status rather than striving against one another for a leadership position. Then again, that seems to be the shows' go to twisty twist- Marcel's deception to whatever anti-Original threat and reveal of his true Original allegiance. TPtB may be loathe to give that card up.

Is the next new ep scheduled for the end of March?

Everyone said pretty much everything I was thinking.  I agree with whomever mentioned above that the sire link seemed to be the first thing that really created and impetus to try and figure out how to kill and original since it meant being able to wipe out an entire line of rivals or potential rivals, so the sire bond thing is not such a good thing except to the extent that Klaus tends to piss off those close to him and having another reason not to ry and kill him is probably a good thing. 

I do have one question, however, what happened to the white oak bullets?  Last I remember, Aya had the gun taken from Aurora.  She obviously didn't use it, but I don't recall anything showing us that Klaus or Elijah took it back or that anyone otherwise disposed of it. Did I miss something? 

I do have one question, however, what happened to the white oak bullets?  Last I remember, Aya had the gun taken from Aurora.  She obviously didn't use it, but I don't recall anything showing us that Klaus or Elijah took it back or that anyone otherwise disposed of it. Did I miss something? 

Elijah had it at the end of the episode. It's what he was threatening to shoot Aya with