Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: McPoyle Vs. Ponderosa: The Trial Of The Century

• Start Topic

Man . . . any episode where Charlie is the sanest person is brutal to watch, and he wound up trying to communicate with a bird. Dennis kept trying to get out of paying alimony, Dee perjured herself, Mac got tricked into screwing a McPoyle, and Frank was too hopped up on coke to interfere.

Seriously, which group was the biggest carwreck? The Gang? The Ponderosas? The McPoyles? I did feel a little cheated that we didn't see Liam and his brother show up. Are their actors in demand?

• Love 2

It appears The Lawyer is descending the same path of destruction as Rickety Cricket.

He's won too many times. While it's nice to see The Gang get punished, no one can survive that many encounters unscathed.

I loved the hidden reference at the end. The next case up was "Morton Steak Delivery" vs "Paddy's Pub", which I assume is the "chicken & airlines scam" guy from Charlie Work.

Edited by Amarsir

I love the moments when Charlie gets to win just a little bit and then it all comes crashing down. His whole rant about bird law and the introduction of the ornithology expert was brilliant - only to discover that Charlie thought the bird expert could communicate with the bird directly. Love it. And loved Dee's "YOU'RE JEWISH!" rant at the lawyer. 

• Love 3

Oh damn!  That may have taken over CDMC 2: EB as the top episode of the season.  Bird law!  CatMaureen, Bombshell!!!, HE'S A JEW!  So many great moments.  And Charlie is a better lawyer than Uncle Jack???

Poor Lawyer.  He's one of the few people I enjoy taking the Gang down because his reactions to them are always priceless but his meltdown was too funny.  Reminiscent of Dennis at the end of Family Fight.  I felt bad for Judge Carl Winslow, two cases in a row involving the Gang.

• Love 1

The Always Sunny twitter account posted a cute video about one of the actors becoming a McPoyle. At the end, there is a sweep of all the McPoyle's in the courtroom. 

https://twitter.com/alwayssunny/status/700803682263142402

I recently saw a commercial with the actor who plays Liam for a new show or movie, but I don't remember what it was. He probably couldn't get a break in filming that for this, because he has stated in interviews that he loved this character. 

I didn't catch it until it was mentioned on Twitter, but Pappy McPoyle was played by Guillermo del Toro; the judge was played by Reginald Vel Johnson and I did catch that, but he wasn't in a cool costume. 

Del Toro video short: https://twitter.com/alwayssunny/status/700750943441145856

ETA: I've notice that the videos start with the sound muted in my browser. 

Edited by Christina
  • Love 1

This was a great episode, maybe the best of the season.

Charlie's bird law finally pays off!!!

I thought the big hands thing was a bit weird and too over the top, bugged me a bit. I thought they should have toned down the size a little to make it funnier, too cartoonish.

The McPoyles are seriously the creepiest and grossest family on TV.

I felt a little bad for the lawyer, but it seems Charlie was correct about the cause of the eye loss, so it wasn't trickery that lost the cause. It really wasn't the bath salts. Plus while I can understand the lawyers frustration, he is still a bit full of himself

The best part was this was all over the lost of an eye........with $200 in damages.

I love the moments when Charlie gets to win just a little bit and then it all comes crashing down. His whole rant about bird law and the introduction of the ornithology expert was brilliant - only to discover that Charlie thought the bird expert could communicate with the bird directly. Love it.

To be fair, the expert said he understood birds... Did they show Liam lose an eye at the wedding?
  • Love 1
On 2/17/2016 at 10:06 PM, Lantern7 said:

Seriously, which group was the biggest carwreck? The Gang? The Ponderosas? The McPoyles? I did feel a little cheated that we didn't see Liam and his brother show up. Are their actors in demand?

On 2/17/2016 at 10:54 PM, Lorna Mae said:

Jimmi Simpson (Liam) is in some demand; dunno about the guy who plays Ryan.

On 2/19/2016 at 8:53 PM, Christina said:

I recently saw a commercial with the actor who plays Liam for a new show or movie, but I don't remember what it was. He probably couldn't get a break in filming that for this, because he has stated in interviews that he loved this character. 

I mentioned this just now in the "Gang in other roles" thread, but Jimmi Simpson/Liam McPoyle had/has a major leading role in the HBO show "Westworld" (which was excellent).  Nice to see the actor progress from cameos and one-episode appearances to something pretty significant.

• Love 2