Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, neona2 said:

i'm so tired, for me I tried to adjust to the new parameters

.....and for sure a hundred percent here for civil discourse

but i don't know how to exist here becasue all i wanna be is follow the rules of civil discourse, for which there is no support, and then get wrist-slapped for random rules when there is no support for kindness and philosophical discussion etc

i'm so tired

i tried so hard

but i got a warning thingy from Primetimer just for trying to contribute in a structured way, tbh i'm so tired

whats wrong with honest and kind discussion 

anyhoo i enjoyed so much all your beautiful selves  but its so so hard to try to be positive in a long-term way in a medium that just aims to bring everyone down instead of spreading positivity. 

please everyone take care of each other

Sorry to hear about the warnings. You can send a message to the moderators to get a detailed explanation of the reasons for the warnings.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Sorry to hear about the warnings. You can send a message to the moderators to get a detailed explanation of the reasons for the warnings.

Yes. But this is a board for discussing MJ. It gets off track every now and then.

I watched the first hour this morning. Man what a lot of bad news till 6:50 when Claire McCaskill gave an Emmy worthy monologue. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

I watched the first hour this morning. Man what a lot of bad news till 6:50 when Claire McCaskill gave an Emmy worthy monologue. 

The footage of Trump belittling Lindsey was wild.  Too bad Mika was on vacation this morning in Maine or Nantucket, cuz her eye rolls and scolding displeasure would have been fun.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/5/2023 at 6:05 PM, tres bien said:

Yes. But this is a board for discussing MJ. It gets off track every now and then.

this is true but sometimes I think our best discussions come from crazy tangents, a bit like the actual show, which always goes off track also and it makes for the best content 😂

it's always in good humor and fun and for me I learn so much

anyhoo I do realize my lil meltdown was not super-appropriate so I'm gonna take my melodramatic ass on break so everyone can enjoy identical posts about Mika mispronouncing Moscow etc 

tbh my favorite people on here are the ones I disagree with the most 🥰

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
8 hours ago, neona2 said:

this is true but sometimes I think our best discussions come from crazy tangents, a bit like the actual show, which always goes off track also and it makes for the best content 😂

anyhoo I do realize my lil meltdown was not super-appropriate so I'm gonna take my melodramatic ass on break so everyone can enjoy identical posts about Mika mispronouncing Moscow etc 

I enjoy your contributions to the forum. They re informative and funny. It's good to have a diversity of opinions on the show.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Today was Joe & Mika's first day back. Joe was off 2 weeks (week 1 On Assignment and week 2 on Vacation with Mika).  Given how much they plugged the primetime special, Oppenheimer, this morning that Joe is doing on the film  and the interviews with the cast, I have to assume that was why he was "On Assignment."  Since when has Joe become a talk show host interviewing celebrities about their films?  And he needed a whole week off to do this? It comes across to me that Joe would rather be anywhere but sitting in that chair for 4 hours every morning.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

Today was Joe & Mika's first day back. Joe was off 2 weeks (week 1 On Assignment and week 2 on Vacation with Mika).  Given how much they plugged the primetime special, Oppenheimer, this morning that Joe is doing on the film  and the interviews with the cast, I have to assume that was why he was "On Assignment."  Since when has Joe become a talk show host interviewing celebrities about their films?  And he needed a whole week off to do this? It comes across to me that Joe would rather be anywhere but sitting in that chair for 4 hours every morning.

The show used to do short interviews with stars of films. I remember when Mika interviewed Bradley Cooper for his film the A Team but she called his movie the A Squad. Joe also needed some time off to write his column on the state of America . Mika read several excerpts from the column with breathless enthusiasm.

• LOL 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, neona2 said:

I clicked on your name and you have double the amount of "good points" as me and it says your reputation is excellent. You can't have done anything that offensive!   I appreciate your thoughts even though they often differ then mine (right down to the fact I dislike summer and I love winter!) and you have helped me appreciate guests and hosts I didn't like before 🤷‍♀️  

Edited by jenkait
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

The show used to do short interviews with stars of films. I remember when Mika interviewed Bradley Cooper for his film the A Team but she called his movie the A Squad. Joe also needed some time off to write his column on the state of America . Mika read several excerpts from the column with breathless enthusiasm.

The most entertaining interview was the one with Russell Brand - comedy gold. He ran rings around the hosts. Mr. Kemper and I maybe never enjoyed a segment more.

Neona2 - believe me, you are not the first to get a warning. We all appreciate one another’s posts and the camaraderie here is wonderful. We entertain one another so very well. I am older so probably more cynical than you; your posts are so positive and that creates such a good balance. Take it easy on yourself and keep on posting. 🥰

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Welcome back, Joe! If you're going to switch your role from dumb country lawyer to entertainment reporter please keep in mind most of your viewers don't have the ability to fly to one of the three states they reside in to get to an IMAX theater.

Rock & Roll Man does sound like an interesting way to tell the story, but if anyone can't get to NYC and wants to see Joey Pants in another fictionalized account of a pivotal figure in music I highly, highly recommend The Idolmaker. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Today was Nepo Day on Morning Joe.   We started with Mika's rousing recital of Scarborough's new piece in the Atlantic.   On the heels of that, a lengthy reading of a new opinion piece by Ian Brzezinski, followed by some back and forth peppered with callbacks to Dr. Brzezinski.  And when we went to the break, a photo of Mika and Joe in their sailing togs aboard a boat (presumably theirs).

It was a bit much.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, millennium said:

Today was Nepo Day on Morning Joe.   We started with Mika's rousing recital of Scarborough's new piece in the Atlantic.   On the heels of that, a lengthy reading of a new opinion piece by Ian Brzezinski, followed by some back and forth peppered with callbacks to Dr. Brzezinski.  And when we went to the break, a photo of Mika and Joe in their sailing togs aboard a boat (presumably theirs).

It was a bit much.

Well Joe got over that real quick, stepping over Mika's simple yet valid question so Christie had time to position his defense for backing Trump for four years.

ETA: I mean, I know Christie has a canned answer prepared but 8t would have been nice to hear an immediate answer to Mika's brief and direct question.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Like 4
12 hours ago, chick binewski said:

from dumb country lawyer to entertainment reporter

Which reminds me: what's the latest hit from his Independent Council of Funk? That was an irritating thing back a few years ago.

I happened upon Elise (? I think...the young woman with the southern drawl) yesterday and she chattered on awhile and when done, Mika said "yeah" or something and then did the big 'thank you so much, John Meacham' while the camera went to him in the dark, apparently foul-smelling library (that look of who just farted is his resting bitch face, I guess.) and Elise was never mentioned. Mika can be so rude. Plus, Elise looked so nice in a pastel boucle jacket. Mika not so much in her black on black mourning shirts. Ugh. I noticed the tight black top again today. My eyes were pleased, though, to see John Kirby; such a handsome man. ☺️

• Like 4
13 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Welcome back, Joe! If you're going to switch your role from dumb country lawyer to entertainment reporter please keep in mind most of your viewers don't have the ability to fly to one of the three states they reside in to get to an IMAX theater.

Rock & Roll Man does sound like an interesting way to tell the story, but if anyone can't get to NYC and wants to see Joey Pants in another fictionalized account of a pivotal figure in music I highly, highly recommend The Idolmaker. 

As much as I love dunking on Joe, I didn't realize IMAX theaters were so rare. (Unless I misunderstand what we're talking about).  We have at least three of them here in Indianapolis.  One of them is at the AMC chain at a mall about 2 miles from my house, one at the State Museum downtown, and one about 10 miles north of me.   Are there different types of IMAX that Joe is talking about?  

Mika reading Joe's editorials on air is their version of sexy times(sorry).  She gets so excited and there's such a let down when it's over.

Re the movie list, I never thought of Three Days of the Condor as a political thriller, as it doesn't really involve politics per se, it's more spy/CIA stuff. 

Manchurian Candidate and All the President's Men are political thrillers, as they are about people doing shitty things to win elections.  If anyone is interested, The Night Agent series on Netflix is a great fun political thriller. 

20 hours ago, oakville said:

Was Joe involved in that Oppenheimer doc? I started watching it last night and fell asleep.  When did they interview the cast of the movie? I just wanted to see Cillian Murphy talk about playing him. The cartoony stuff in the doc was a little off putting.  

I remember when Mika interviewed BCoop about Silver Linings Playbook and made some disparaging remark about his other movies and he looked like he wanted to smack her.  

• Like 5

The director of Oppenheimer thanked Joe for writing his book on President Truman a few years ago. In the book, Joe wrote that President Truman was aware of the Oppenheimer Project & gave the green light to use the bomb on Hiroshima & Nagasaki. The movie probably would never have been made without Joe's critically acclaimed book.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Well Joe got over that real quick, stepping over Mika's simple yet valid question so Christie had time to position his defense for backing Trump for four years.

I didn't stick around for Christie.   It's funny how Bridge-gate has vanished in the rear-view mirror, as has the infamous photo of Governor Christie and his family sprawled out in their sand chairs, having a whole New Jersey beach to themselves after he officially closed all the state beaches to the public.

There must have been no shortage of irony in that segment, as the duo famous for giving Trump free air time (and who now butter their bread by bashing him) interviewed the politician who was first in line to endorse Trump for President in 2016 (and now is trying to become President himself by bashing him).

Edited by millennium
in hindsight my snark about Mika's tops felt unkind
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, SeanBug said:

sidAs much as I love dunking on Joe, I didn't realize IMAX theaters were so rare. (Unless I misunderstand what we're talking about).  We have at least three of them here in Indianapolis.  One of them is at the AMC chain at a mall about 2 miles from my house, one at the State Museum downtown, and one about 10 miles north of me.   Are there different types of IMAX that Joe is talking about?  

Forgive my VCR-level knowledge of technology: I think there are a limited number of theaters in the US (google says 70) that are considered the "true" IMAX experience based on screen size, resolution, idk what else (FLA has 2 of these theaters, not including the ones at the Space Center). Oppenheimer is only showing at 30 of those theaters.

I know too much about the release of this film bc I've been waiting on it for the past year and a half. It's seriously the only film I've considered going to see inside a theater to watch in years. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Forgive my VCR-level knowledge of technology: I think there are a limited number of theaters in the US (google says 70) that are considered the "true" IMAX experience based on screen size, resolution, idk what else (FLA has 2 of these theaters, not including the ones at the Space Center). Oppenheimer is only showing at 30 of those theaters.

I know too much about the release of this film bc I've been waiting on it for the past year and a half. It's seriously the only film I've considered going to see inside a theater to watch in years. 

I think the theater we have at the Indiana State Museum is a "true" IMAX experience, Oppenheimer is showing there.

You and I must be related. This is the only film I've wanted to see in the theater since pre Covid. Last movie I saw was JoJo Rabbit, Nov 2019. 

If you're interested in Oppenheimer and the Manhattan Project, have you seen the tv series "Manhattan"? It was on WGN back when it was producing original content. I think it's on FreeVee now, which is a free app on Amazon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I didn't stick around for Christie.   It's funny how Bridge-gate has vanished in the rear-view mirror, as has the infamous photo of Governor Christie and his family sprawled out in their sand chairs, having a whole New Jersey beach to themselves after he officially closed all the state beaches to the public.

There must have been no shortage of irony in that segment, as the duo famous for giving Trump free air time (and who now butter their bread by bashing him) interviewed the politician who was first in line to endorse Trump for President in 2016 (and now is trying to become President himself by bashing him).

You took the words right out of my mouth!  I saw Christie and was all NOPE, not ruining my morning for this.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

The director of Oppenheimer thanked Joe for writing his book on President Truman a few years ago. In the book, Joe wrote that President Truman was aware of the Oppenheimer Project & gave the green light to use the bomb on Hiroshima & Nagasaki. The movie probably would never have been made without Joe's critically acclaimed book.

Oakville please tell me you're joking and Joe didn't actually make it sound like we didn't know Truman was aware of the Manhattan Project and signed off on the bombings. 

Next he's  going to tell us Eisenhower knew about D Day. 

Whenever Mika says Joe is on assignment I assume it's a week in NYC or Boston to see Red Sox play.  Assignment my ass.  He's not Richard Engel FFS.  He runs his own show, who is giving him assignments?? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, SeanBug said:

Whenever Mika says Joe is on assignment I assume it's a...

... blistering hangover.

18 hours ago, millennium said:

There must have been no shortage of irony in that segment,

Peel it all away, and Joe and Mika and their producers are merely cynical opportunists who bloviate to fill air time.  Mornings full of (barely) controversial, indefensible, flimsy hot takes that nobody other than Joe take seriously.  They bait the liberal imagination, but have the weight of fluff.   
Joe thinks he's Obama, or Cicero or Churchill, that he's the sage orator of a generation, but wow he's not.  Imagine having that lack of self awareness. 
It's a shame, the show could be Cronkite-ian if he wasn't an egomaniacal windbag.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 7/10/2023 at 1:35 PM, Linda956 said:

Today was Joe & Mika's first day back. Joe was off 2 weeks (week 1 On Assignment and week 2 on Vacation with Mika).  Given how much they plugged the primetime special, Oppenheimer, this morning that Joe is doing on the film  and the interviews with the cast, I have to assume that was why he was "On Assignment."  Since when has Joe become a talk show host interviewing celebrities about their films?  And he needed a whole week off to do this? It comes across to me that Joe would rather be anywhere but sitting in that andchair for 4 hours every morning.

I was getting that impression but I looked it up and he was not listed as any type of contributor.  But like all the so called  foreign dignitaries, Administration officials, etc who, in his mind are lining up in their driveway to get his advice, I'm sure in his mind this doc was all his idea. 

He wasn't "on assignment" anymore than I'm on the next Space Shuttle flight. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

The maybe 6:00 show led off with talk of last night’s All Star Game. Mike B made a sarcastic comment about the NL uniforms that actually made me laugh. They all laughed. The discussion about the game continued until Meeka did her patented, scripted schtick/scold to move on to The News. But what harm does it do? We already know what the headlines are…they have been discussed on every show preceding MJ. And will continue to be discussed for the next four hours. And I am not even all that interested in baseball.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

.Peel it all away, and Joe and Mika and their producers are merely cynical opportunists who bloviate to fill air time.  Mornings full of (barely) controversial, indefensible, flimsy hot takes that nobody other than Joe take seriously.  They bait the liberal imagination, but have the weight of fluff.   
Joe thinks he's Obama, or Cicero or Churchill, that he's the sage orator of a generation, but wow he's not.  Imagine having that lack of self awareness. 
It's a shame, the show could be Cronkite-ian if he wasn't an egomaniacal windbag.

Joe complained about Zelensky not being grateful enough for American military aid since the war began. Joe said Zelensky should read books on Winston Churchill, who was in great danger in World War 2.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3

Morning Joe brought back a focus group with Mark Halperin. Some people in the group were concerned about Biden's age, but will still vote for him.

Barnicle said Biden has a heavy workload from 8 am -8 pm with overnight briefing reports that would scare people.

Biden has an injured foot.

Barnacle said Biden had a more successful first term than Barack Obama.

Morning Joe also had Chris Matthews on the show yesterday.

Mika said Trump is only a few years younger than Biden. Trump spent too much time watching cable news & golfing.

• Like 3

Mika was furious at Joe Biden's staff for letting him trip on a sandbag. Mika said the staff should have guided him after he got off the podium when he finished his speeches.

Mika said she gives speeches and doesn't know where to go after the speech on some occasions.

Mika hates tv news showing Biden's gaffes on a loop.

Joe said one President wanted to up to the personal residence after 6 pm and play with his kids.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe complained about Zelensky not being grateful enough for American military aid since the war began. Joe said Zelensky should read books on Winston Churchill, who was in great danger in World War 2.

How does Joe know what Zelensky & President Biden have talked about privately. And I thought Claire McC said Zelensky's fiery speech was to show the Ukrainian people he was fighting for them, and to keep the pressure on NATO. 

Also this was a speech to all of NATO, it wasn't a hissy fit about the US, Joe.  We have probably done more to help Ukraine than any other country, and Biden is getting a f*** ton of shit for sending cluster bombs. 

I don't know if you're aware of this, Joe, but Zelensky is trying to fight a war right now, he doesn't have time to go to the Library or check out Joe's Book Club list for July.   And considering he is President of a country holding the line against Russia for Europe and the rest of the World,  and you're nothing but a hairdo pretending to be an expert on WW2,  maybe you could STFU. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
4 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Hold up. This was a current thing? Mika stopped the baseball talk for HIM? I thought they learned their lesson the last time they tried to resurrect him.

Yes. Halperin was on the screen interviewing a focus group of Democrat voters. There was no interaction between Halperin & Mika or Joe.

4 hours ago, Kemper said:

So. Halperin and Chris Matthews this week? Kind of like Old Home Week for The Twins. And throw in Chris Christie to complete the good-old-days trifecta. 🙄

Christie was on the show for several segments. Joe left for 15 minutes & Willie had to interview Christie himself.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SeanBug said:

How does Joe know what Zelensky & President Biden have talked about privately. And I thought Claire McC said Zelensky's fiery speech was to show the Ukrainian people he was fighting for them, and to keep the pressure on NATO. 

Also this was a speech to all of NATO, it wasn't a hissy fit about the US, Joe.  We have probably done more to help Ukraine than any other country, and Biden is getting a f*** ton of shit for sending cluster bombs. 

I don't know if you're aware of this, Joe, but Zelensky is trying to fight a war right now, he doesn't have time to go to the Library or check out Joe's Book Club list for July.   And considering he is President of a country holding the line against Russia for Europe and the rest of the World,  and you're nothing but a hairdo pretending to be an expert on WW2,  maybe you could STFU. 

Agreed. Zelesnky had to worry about being assassinated every day during the early weeks of the war. He had to change locations every night.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Hold up. This was a current thing? Mika stopped the baseball talk for HIM? I thought they learned their lesson the last time they tried to resurrect him.

Yeah. I guess Mika really knows his value? Or something. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2

My five minutes of Morning Blech was Mika being SOOO excited that the WSJ lady told her it was okay to go on vacation, because her schedule is SOOO hard. Yeah stumbling out of bed and going to the basement studio is just the epitome of what every other American does at work. 

Maybe people save vacation time because they want to have time off banked if a kid or elderly parent gets sick. Or maybe they can't afford to fly to France when the Botox and fillers wear off.

Ever think of that Marie Antoinette?  Some of us have jobs that don't involve sitting at a desk in our bathrobe/cardigan while trying to read a teleprompter. 

Was Jim Himes calling Tommy Tuberville Senator Trump Tuberville when they were talking about the House holding up the Defense Spending Bill? Do I need to get my hearing checked? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

What's the deal with Joe bailing after the third hour and being AWOL from 9am-10?  I don't always watch the 9-10 hour but I had it on the last 2 days and Joe was nowhere to be found from 9am-10.  Willie did most of the interviewing and reading of the news.  Again, one must ask why is Joe getting paid a great deal of money and he's absent for a quarter of the show.  And that's when he bothers to show up at all. This seems to be a new trend because I notice the same thing going on over at GMA.  George, Michael and Robin (especially Robin) are absent quite a lot.  What are they paying these people for? To not be there! They've really got a sweet gig.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Linda956 said:

What's the deal with Joe bailing after the third hour and being AWOL from 9am-10?  I don't always watch the 9-10 hour but I had it on the last 2 days and Joe was nowhere to be found from 9am-10.  Willie did most of the interviewing and reading of the news.  Again, one must ask why is Joe getting paid a great deal of money and he's absent for a quarter of the show.  And that's when he bothers to show up at all. This seems to be a new trend because I notice the same thing going on over at GMA.  George, Michael and Robin (especially Robin) are absent quite a lot.  What are they paying these people for? To not be there! They've really got a sweet gig.

Joe also used to leave the show at 7 30 am because he had to drop off his youngest son Joey at school.

Joe admitted on past shows that he would have Zoom meetings with various world leaders on important issues during the show.

Joe also advises the Boston Red Sox on baseball strategy.

• LOL 4

Geez Louise. Joe started a discussion on candidates coming/not coming on his show. He actually envisions himself (and Show) as kingmaker. He talked over everyone … but oddly, not Edward Luce. For awhile. It seemed he held his breath for as long as he could…but finally let loose. I have never heard him bloviating this badly. I almost felt sorry for Meeka when she tried to break in. Tried but failed. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Just retired, got a new puppy so I’m up early. I have tuned in for the last week and an unable to watch for more than 10 minutes. Help me here please. Today it was how no other candidate would come in the show except the last guy. Is this revisionist?  I remember bill and Hilary bashing being a staple of this show. If I’m wrong please let me know. They were not ass kissers?  How about making sure the questions were easy?  The trips to Florida?  They make me sick. Admit you were taken in and see your mistake. 

Kemper I must have been on a potty run for that. Why is this coming up now?  Why try and change history? Just say man we were fooled. But not in their mindset. They are never wrong. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Kemper I must have been on a potty run for that. Why is this coming up now?  Why try and change history? Just say man we were fooled. But not in their mindset. They are never wrong. 

I guess I was shocked - probably because I don’t tune in that much anymore and had forgotten how bad Joe can be when he gets on a roll. It happened maybe around 6:30 or so. I think it started with Ron Desantis only doing certain media outlets. Joe cut off Hilaman and his show partner, Mark- something. Who seemed dressed for a costume party. Which I kind of liked. 

• Like 1

The first topic today was about aspartame causing cancer. Joe went on a hilarious rant about the three things he knew about as a child, was not to eat a big meal before going swimming, not starting a land war in East Asia & that Diet Coke caused cancer. Joe began to drinking a diet coke on set & Mika flipped out.

Mika drinks Tab & Fresca but it's hard to find.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Joe said growing up in the South, he never heard people using the term "coloured people". I find that surprising.

Mika is in NYC today with the panellists but Joe is in Florida.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1

Joe said his friend Jeb Bush's advisors didn't want to come on Morning Joe.

Mika complained to Jennifer that the Clinton campaign wanted her & Joe to fly to some Southern state & drive on a dirt road for 2 hours for a 20-minute interview. Jen said she had forgotten about that. Mika & Joe are stars ! Hillary should have agreed to Mika & Joe's demands.

Joe said candidates should not be afraid of Morning Joe.

Joe railed against John Podesta.

Will DeSantis come on Morning Joe ? That would be wild.

Heilemann said DeSantis is afraid to flop on an interview with Mika & Joe.

• Like 3

Joe said Desantis should explain how he got the schools & businesses opened during Covid. It was good for the economy.

Joe mocked the Democratic candidates opposed to Biden in 2020 because they catered to left-wing Twitter.

Joe told DeSantis to stop focusing on right-wing freaks & weirdos.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika is in NYC today with the panellists but Joe is in Florida.

I was surprised to see her at the big table. Did Joe say he was in FL? They seemed pretty settled into her fam's Maine house (per her instagram...actually surprised they can even appear on that pesky show at all, what with all the boating and hob-nobbing, etc.) I wonder if they have to share the house with her brothers' families and needed to leave? I don't know. I actually tried to listen to Heilman but Joe's constant chatter was annoying. (And Heilman's partner always reminds me of a rodeo clown.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I was surprised to see her at the big table. Did Joe say he was in FL? They seemed pretty settled into her fam's Maine house (per her instagram...actually surprised they can even appear on that pesky show at all, what with all the boating and hob-nobbing, etc.) I wonder if they have to share the house with her brothers' families and needed to leave? I don't know. I actually tried to listen to Heilman but Joe's constant chatter was annoying. (And Heilman's partner always reminds me of a rodeo clown.)

Could Joe ask for a replica of the Florida studio to be put in the Maine home?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, oakville said:

Could Joe ask for a replica of the Florida studio to be put in the Maine home?

IIRC, they've done that in the past: "Have back-drop, will travel". I'm not that much of a MJ-ologist these days so I'm only speculating.🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

plumbago b…..describing Heileman’s partner as rodeo clown…yes! I have always wondered about The Hats, but yesterday he added something around his neck that was truly clown-like.  The ensemble served to distract me from Joe’s manic bloviating. He was off the rails.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/14/2023 at 11:55 AM, oakville said:

Joe said growing up in the South, he never heard people using the term "coloured people". I find that surprising.

I think he meant they didn't use the "u."

Monday mornin', you gave me no warnin' ... it's the third string this morning.   Lemire and Sharpton running the show.   With Susan Page, Ali Vitali and a couple of chuckleheads I don't think I ever heard of.   Click.

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 7

i watched today after my self-imposed! break! sorry guys and thanks so much for being so kind about my lil meltdown aggh 😳 moving on -->

it's always so good to see Joe in studio! he literally just thrives there.

despite the unfortunate pants and shoes situation 🥴

I know I always say this but I wish Willie and Joe would make more of an effort to include Mika in the jokes and the intros and the conversation and literally everything, rather than leave her out there as teh awkward! abstentee! reader!

sometimes she'll introduce a topic, ask Joe a question, and Joe will just brush her aside and go to someone else and she'll be AWOL until the next commercial break, so what's the point? 

it's also still wild that Joe and Mika are tag-teaming their NYC appearances instead of doing them together and with Willie

i feel like whatever separation-thingy is going on in their personal relationship, that's their own business, but I wish they would re-invest some energy into their fun energetic professional dynamic again, together with Willie

now for a segment of Latin with neona, a PBS special *dum-dee-dum* --->

Wilfred Owens wrote a beautiful poem during WW1 in which he ironically and poignantly lifted and inserted a quote from one of Horace's Odes ca 23 BC (in Latin).

it's wild to me that self-proclaimed history buffs like Joe etc has never heard of this poem, wtf? 

---> here is the WW1 poem https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46560/dulce-et-decorum-est

Hilariously, Keir Simmonds mistranslated it as uhhh "Glorious and righteous" when, idk, it's more like.... "Sweet and correct"?

Inexplicably he also recited the latin phrase with a... French accent? 🥴 

English people crack me up. #boardingschool #blesstheirhearts

and also #whereisjuliaioffee

as usual Jen Psaki saved the show *chef's kiss*

• Like 2
On 7/14/2023 at 11:55 AM, oakville said:

Because they used another word.   He is such a tool. My family is from St Louis and I distinctly remember my Mother telling my Grandparents not to say that word in front of my sister and I.  This was in the 60s. 

Joe is from Georgia and Florida, or wherever he has decided he's from today.  I'm gonna go ahead and put down a large bet that "colored people" would have been the least offensive term his neighbors etc used. 

Now along with his convos with God, Thanos, leaders of every nation, the Wizard of Oz, oh and how many times is he going to drop Christopher Nolan's name this week, the people he grew up around were all politically correct in their references to people of color.  In the 60s and 70s. Yeah right. 

Jesus hears you lying, Joe. 

On 7/14/2023 at 1:36 PM, oakville said:

Joe said candidates should not be afraid of Morning Joe.

They're not afraid of you Joe. They think you're  a waste of their time.

Ever wonder why Hillary's campaign made it sound like the meeting place was a Cabin in the Woods? Because they were hoping you'd say no. 

Plan executed perfectly!!! 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2