Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Scratch That Glitch

Mary's death is predicted by a game of chance to fall on the same day as a Lookinglass product launch. Meanwhile, Pritchard is hospitalized after a brutal fight; and Otto discovers imperfections that could have dire consequences for Pritchard and Mary.

The stupid.  It burns.

If LookinGlass suffered the type of events we saw, it's stock trading would be halted and it would be THE story across all platforms.  None of this would be good for the company.  Now, not only is Mary a major liability, but every bad thing thought of Otto's limitations has been blown up exponentially.  Basically, the Goodwins are done.

The launch of an operating platform at Apple or Microsoft is an eNORmous deal.  This one was delayed, and now this.   

Worse than this path in the story, the whole, "Only I (in this case Duval and Jimmy) can save the day." trope was employed.  Such silliness.  In a show demanding to be seen as "smart."  

What a shame.

Who made the choice to have Arthur appear in a perpetually depressed/sad state?

Otto has reduced genetic and bio evolution to "glitches" he can fix?  Just stop for one second.  Imagine the implications.  Seriously.  If true, the Goodwins would either be murdered, or would rule the world.  

• Love 1

The assassin wanted Mary to wear the white dress ... why? His repeating that several times made me think his attack was more sexually motivated than ... whatever it was. I really didn't understand it.

Mary's Deadpool. So, she didn't die today, but what about tomorrow and the next day and the next? Exhausting thinking about that.

So Mary meets with her board via Skype, then has to announce a new OS in person? What's up with that? I'd think meeting with all the BOD in person, since they were all in one room somewhere, would have been a ton easier than Skyping, since she was all duded up.

Then the paps pursuing her car? The heck? I would have stopped my car and gotten out for a photo session, it's not like she's some recluse like Leonardo diCaprio, plus she was dressed to the nines and looked great. Perfect photo op.

Seeing James get beaten up was exhausting. I like my super heroes to be just that, super heroes.

• Love 1

Mary's Deadpool. So, she didn't die today, but what about tomorrow and the next day and the next? Exhausting thinking about that.

Probably forgotten by the next episode.

The stupid.  It burns.

If LookinGlass suffered the type of events we saw, it's stock trading would be halted and it would be THE story across all platforms.  None of this would be good for the company.  Now, not only is Mary a major liability, but every bad thing thought of Otto's limitations has been blown up exponentially.  Basically, the Goodwins are done.

Idk how they even got to this place to begin with, they don't even seem like good business people based on what we've seen so far.

If I ever get cancer, I want Mary Goodwin or Laura Roslin cancer, where the debilitating disease has no physical or mental manifestations.

I liked Jimmy's discussions with older Jimmy in the hospital.

I'm glad that it turned out to be Duvall who killed the bad guy, not Mary. That would have been too much Lifetime chick-in-peril movie.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 1

If I can watch and enjoy Scorpion...

I might have been able to watch more than a few episodes if the guy didn't wear his pork-pie hat in the shower and to bed.  But that, combined with a generally crap show otherwise...

As for Second Chance, It isn't so bad I can't watch it, esp. if every 4-5 episodes we get to see Mary's nickers!  What is most likely to drive me away is the endless holier-than-thou attitude of Agent Peter Burke.

What is most likely to drive me away is the endless holier-than-thou attitude of Agent Peter Burke.

I know. Ugh. This show needs more Mary getting dressed and James practicing boxing in a tight t. And NO MORE Agent Burke. EVER.

If I ever get cancer, I want Mary Goodwin or Laura Roslin cancer, where the debilitating disease has no physical or mental manifestations.

The plot disease only shows signs of a symptom when the plot calls for it.

I am still enjoying this and will keep watching until inevitable cancellation.  I hope they let us at least watch all of the filmed episodes.

Question, the guy that the show made us think was the shooter, the first cobra tattoo guy we saw go through the metal detector and the one sitting in the third row or so.... he looked positively thug like.  Was he one of the five in the chairs after they were all rounded up?  Did he even speak?  There's no possible way that guy is a computer programmer.  He wouldn't have dressed like a thug if he were.

Blackwing, I thought that guy was "obviously" the shooter, too. He wasn't in the nerd lineup that I could see. Maybe he made a break for it and left the building? I also think all the cobra nerd people would have been sitting together. People tend to stay in their own groups when in a large gathering. I know, not a big deal when one considers James' resurrection and all.

I do get irritated that show details talk about Pritchard getting hurt, Pritchard getting beaten up, Pritchard does this and that. Aren't there TWO Pritchards? Like this week, I didn't know if it was James or Duvall who is hospitalized. 

Not that it matters, I guess.

There's no possible way that guy is a computer programmer. He wouldn't have dressed like a thug if he were.

Why? Because he was big and muscular, and there's no way a computer nerd might also like working out? That's a stereotype.

If angry cobra dude was so sure Mary was a liar out to screw over all her employees, why would he think she'd show up alone and unprotected to save one of his fellow programming peons that she supposedly cares nothing about? The person he was describing would have said "Whatever, enjoy being on the run from the authorities for the rest of your life!" and hung up on him.

• Love 1

If I can watch and enjoy Scorpion despite their playing fast and loose with everything? I can enjoy this. I'll stick around until it's cancelled. 

I agree, especially, IMO, the acting is much better and the actors better looking here.

I haven't yet caught up with the most recent episodes, but I am got the immediate feeling that the guy that Mary met who was the friend and "confidant" that Mary entrusted to protect Otto once she died, was in on the leak (to plunge the company and be ripe for takeover) and maybe even in the assassination attempt for the Deadpool money,  I don't think that the disgruntled worker was the one really pulling the strings.