Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Rule #876: Everything Does Not Happen for a Reason

Delia's wedding arrives, but Abby is uninvited to the big event in the wake of a betrayal and the revelation of her affair. Abby focuses on finishing her book, yet Barbara discovers Abby is unraveling, and a race ensues to bring Abby and Delia together.

Wow, so Delia's fiancé forced her to go through with the wedding so he wouldn't be humiliated. I suppose they will be getting divorced immediately. That was hard to watch.

Abby is a complete mess.

• Love 6

Wow, this was hard to watch.  At least JD cleaned up nice and was sweet at the wedding.  Other than that...

Jo, other than yelling at Delia & Abby to start talking, you were simply...dreadful.  It's amazing your BakerMan can stand to be around you, with your loud, obnoxious "Go away! Come back! Don't touch me! Why aren't you touching me? You can't hurt me! Why did you hurt me?" rants.  STFU.

Soooo...Barbara is now a member of the gang?  Did I miss that transition ep?

Remember when there was going to be legal trouble over the bakery? and a lawsuit w/ Phoebe's mentor, and Phoebe v. young girls in college who don't know dick?  anddddd...all the other plot threads that were stitched into this quilt, and just as quickly, dropped?

On a happier note: loved Phoebe's decorations for the bachelorette night (ha, I typed "bachwhorette" by mistake) -- this show scratches my interior design itch bigtime -- and, as a JakeFan,

I was happy to hear the previews.

Edited by gutette1
  • Love 1

I probably wasn't paying attention, but when did Phoebe and ArtGuy break up and why is he living with her?

I kinda loved that twist with the wedding -- not what I was expecting. Who sent GroomGuy the photos? Hmmmm...

Or (since the worst thing women on this show have to fear is other women) Mrs. Albert was less resigned to the situation than she let on.

It seems like the sort of thing Delia would do. I guess she's not a suspect.

I also think it was Albert. He is out for revenge, since Delia rejected him.

Is anything weird going to happen with Phoebe's boyfriend? She is really happy right now, so I am waiting for some bomb to drop. It seems like she talks to the boyfriend like a child. "Yes, you dressed up just right in your suit!" I know he has social anxiety and she is trying to offer encouragement, but sometimes she comes across as mothering him.

• Love 2

I can't watch this show without picturing Delia weeping and saying... "It's nice to meet you. I'm MRS. JULIA GIULIA!!!"

Maybe that's why she didn't want to marry him?

OOOH! OOH! Or maybe Adam Sandler sent the pictures!

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 7

I kinda loved that twist with the wedding -- not what I was expecting. Who sent GroomGuy the photos? Hmmmm...

I think Delia sent them to him - so she wouldn't have to move to NYC. She probably expected him to call off the wedding!!

• Love 1

Delia appeared to be,fine about moving to NYC. She was exclaiming about the gorgeous apartment they would be living in there. If she didn't want to go through with the wedding, I think she would have just ended the engagement.

Dang that ending was brutal. I wonder if he realized he was going to react that way after the ceremony, he would of cancelled the wedding in the first place? Cause umm I think the guests are going to notice that he took off like that. What about the reception, I'm sure you'll be able to cut the tension with a knife?! - and it had to Albert or mrs Albert that sent the pics. At least Delia didn't say the picture were old and try to deny anything recent. - I was waiting for Abby to have a heart attack from all those red bulls. - I'm actually looking forward to the finale.

• Love 1

I hated this episode and have hated this season.  The whole Abby losing her shit thing is trying and all the actresses on this show are trying way, way to hard.  Its like they really hate each other in real life and so their girlfriend scenes seemed forced.

I will still tune in for the finale though.  I've come this far...

• Love 1

I hated this episode and have hated this season.  The whole Abby losing her shit thing is trying and all the actresses on this show are trying way, way to hard.  Its like they really hate each other in real life and so their girlfriend scenes seemed forced.

It seems even more bizarre when you consider that this toxic cheerleader table got started when Delia sabotaged Abbie's best friend's job while she was fighting to hold on to her children. And Abby and Phoebe both knew that, and what it meant, but they decided Delia was way more fun. So there's at least a mid-sized wading pool of WTF for me when Delia, who couldn't have made her bed more thoroughly if she ordered it from Ikea, lit into Abbie for being a bad, unsupportive friend.

Abbie and Jo backing Delia up, OTOH, seems perfectly in character.

• Love 1

It seems even more bizarre when you consider that this toxic cheerleader table got started when Delia sabotaged Abbie's best friend's job while she was fighting to hold on to her children. And Abby and Phoebe both knew that, and what it meant, but they decided Delia was way more fun. So there's at least a mid-sized wading pool of WTF for me when Delia, who couldn't have made her bed more thoroughly if she ordered it from Ikea, lit into Abbie for being a bad, unsupportive friend.

Abbie and Jo backing Delia up, OTOH, seems perfectly in character.

thank you! I knew there was a reason I thought everyone should hold Delia at arms length but I forgot the specific. But it's not if any character has stayed true to their initial storyline origins. Blah

Yeah, but this character was interesting & the actress is good.  What Noxon has done to Delia is typical for this show.  

Btw, ratings have been absolutely dreadful this season.  Wonder if the finale will be the series finale.  Bravo is losing sooooo much dough on this show, I'd be shocked if they renew.  Seems like a better fit for Netflix.

(edited)

I like when Jo is just really direct and blunt. I don't like her in scenes with Abby, because they bring out the fake in each other, and it turns into a big fake-off.

That ending was fucked up. I'm no fan of Gordon and he used some nasty language, but otherwise he was completely in the right in their scene together. Like, Delia's crying because her groom found out about the affair she had with her married boss a few weeks ago?! Boo-fucking-whoo. I resent the show for making Gordon into the bad guy at the end by insisting on going through with the wedding, when Delia is clearly the lying, cheating asshole in this situation.

I also think Jo and Phoebe are pretty rubbish friends for encouraging Delia to "trust the love" she feels for Gordon, when they both know she just had an affair. Abby may be cracking up -- and that is hard to watch -- but she's right about Delia.

Edited by Kirsty