Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E06: Week 6

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

It's always sad to me when girls who so clearly don't know how to play the game ... play it... and then get burned.  That's what happened to Leah.  As soon as she tried to make Lauren B her target, I knew that all was not going to end well for her.  

On the Lauren B front -- either the editors are giving her a kinder edit because she is going to be either F1 or F2 -- and there is so much more of her personality we have not been privy to as a result of that or she's truly as "go with the flow" as we have seen and was wrongfully set up by Leah.  I'm going with the latter.  Lauren B seems to be one of the only girls aside from JoJo who has her head on fairly straight.  

Speaking of JoJo... if she ends up not winning this thing, I truly hope that she becomes the next Bachelorette.  I am just so impressed by what I see of her.  Ben clearly sees her as a confidant of sorts.  He comes to her because he needs a gut check.  That's pretty cool, imo.  

Of the girls left, JoJo and Lauren B are my faves.  I'm just not into Amanda.  She has this "always a victim" vibe to her.

Okay, now onto Caila.  I'm just not warmed up to her.  Yes, she is adorable / gorgeous and upbeat BUT... she seems a little shallow too.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of depth to her.  Maybe it's her age?

I don't see her making it to the end of this thing.  When she told Ben that her biggest fear is that she is going to break his heart... I felt like what she was really saying is that she's not in love with him.  But really... who could be after only 4 weeks?  She's a smart girl.  She knows that in order to stay, she has to give more.  So, in my opinion, the whole "I'm falling in love with you" shtick was just a phrase she uttered because she is a smart girl and knows how this game is played.

I felt bad for Olivia but i'm glad she's gone.  I believe that she is just a clueless woman who is very into herself.  I don't think she was catty for the sake of being catty... but more or less... had a bad case of the "foot in mouth" disease.  She came across as very socially awkward and socially unaware.  I'm really glad that Ben busted her illusion.  After the "cankles" chat, his interest in her seemed less and less.

I'm enjoying this season.  Ben is one of the most interesting bachelors this show has ever had in my opinion.

• Love 4

This has always been a mystery to me. Do real, adult women actually do this in real life? I have never seen it. It's how a dad carries a 4 year old, not how grown-ups embrace. Of course, it could explain why non of the women selected seem to be larger than a size 2 or 4.

Just once, I'd like to see a woman jump onto a guy, have him be off-balance and fall. Extra points if he sprains a knee and she falls into a puddle.

Not to mention that this move gives us an extremely unflattering wide angle view of the girls' lower body (real women don't do this, just girls). However, there was sn extremely funny bit on Telenovela this week of Eva Longoria literally climbing up a guy as if he were a tree to get something from his upreaching hand--maybe the b'ettes could do that instead.

• Love 1

I felt bad for Olivia but i'm glad she's gone.  I believe that she is just a clueless woman who is very into herself.  I don't think she was catty for the sake of being catty... but more or less... had a bad case of the "foot in mouth" disease.  She came across as very socially awkward and socially unaware.  I'm really glad that Ben busted her illusion.  After the "cankles" chat, his interest in her seemed less and less.

Here Ben had walked into the room and announced two close family friends had died.  He seemed very drained and exhausted and I was surprised he didn't cancel or postpone the party.  He no sooner plopped himself on the couch and Olivia sequesters him away from the group - as per her usual M.O.

To talk about her Cankles!!!

Self-absorbtion much?

Meantime Jubilee arranges for him to get a backrub and doesn't need for him to talk to her at all - just wants him to relax and enjoy it.

• Love 2

I'm not giving Jubilee full credit for arranging that a massage table be set up for Ben. She would have had to have help from production staff , and it could have been their idea.

It was something done for him, regardless of what the other women thought (because she already had a rose).  She put Ben's feelings before the gaggle of women she had to live with.

Of course she would have had to have production's assistance to set it all up.  Production may have put the idea out there for her to follow through with.  If they did, she could have easily said she didn't want to do that because the other women would be upset with her for doing it.  But she showed more concern for Ben at that moment than any one else there seemed to show.

• Love 1

This has always been a mystery to me.   Do real, adult women actually do this in real life?  I have never seen it. It's how a dad carries a 4 year old, not how grown-ups embrace.    Of course, it could explain why non of the women selected seem to be larger than a size 2 or 4. 

Just once, I'd like to see a woman jump onto a guy, have him be off-balance and fall.  Extra points if he sprains a knee and she falls into a puddle. 

I have done it... But I was a teenager. My husband is considerably thinner than I am, so I don't think an attempt now would go well.

And I don't know if this is actually true, but one of my old boyfriends (the one who got jumped on, in fact — he was much bigger than me) told me about how, during the filming of the Ron Perlman Beauty & the Beast series from eons ago, there was a scene where the two of them run toward each other through a field or something, and it took them a bunch of takes because she kept sending him sprawling. So not quite sprained ankle in a puddle, but the image continues to amuse me.

• Love 1