Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E06: Week 6

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I just had to go freeze frame Lauren B's backside on swine beach.

The verdict is in: her bikini bottoms were digitally altered.

Wasn't there someone last season who just got a regular blur over her asscheeks which were hanging out all the time? I wonder why they decided to go with the fake bottoms instead of just a blur. Seems like more work.

• Love 1

So, is this a real thing in the Bahamas?  

tourists go to a beach where they feed HOT DOGS to pigs, as the pigs chase them down and demand the hot dogs?  

Because that sounds like the last thing on my list of "things to do on vacation."

• Love 11

Yeah, I could just imagine all the pig pies on the beach, and in the water, since hogs are sort of "piggish" in their bathroom habits. Wherever they are is where they poop and pee. And once those hogs see you have food in your hand, you are not safe. They think nothing of trampling people to get some snacks. Hence, the "pig" name!

About previous bottom blurring and fake swim "trunks": I think the b-ette's name was Jillian, the body builder woman on, I THINK, Chris Soules' season. She talked about how great her *ss is, so editing monkeys took it upon themselves to black bar her butt in every scene. That "hysterical" black bar continued throughout her appearance on BIP, even when she wasn't wearing bikini bottoms.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

Those pigs brought out more emotion in Becca than either of the bachelors have. 

Also I'm clearly the odd one out, but as a farm-animal lover, I think I would've enjoyed the pig island. Perhaps not during the hot-dog feeding frenzy, but once things died down it looked fine. I probably would've gone off to play with the little piglets, rather than entertain a confused and sunburnt Ben. At least the pigs wouldn't stare at me all disheveled, addled and glassy-eyed, wondering why women weren't falling over them.

There were so many cringe-worthy moments in this episode, but I had quite a few good laughs. 

• Love 11

That pig date was horrible. All I could think of was my (secret) plan of how to dispose of a body if I happen to (accidentally) kill someone: I dump his body into the hog feedlot down the road. The hogs will devour every last trace of that person, including the bones. I was just waiting for one of those b-ette to get knocked down and get some hands/feet chewed off.

That was a nightmare date. Then that was followed by another nightmare date on a deserted island during a hurricane? Geesh. No thanks. And yeah, get a freaking scrunchie, Twin. Although you are better looking with her hair obscuring your face. So there's that.

Man, that was bad. I knew about the body disposal via the pig pen, also. I mean, you don't want to fall over or god help you faint in a pen of domestic pigs - and these semi-naked women are out there swimming in choppy water with a score of wild pigs - and holding out hotdogs?! (I just kept hoping they were a circus troupe of trained pigs, it was so horrifying.) And then Ben does 'the signal'?! Yes! The hold your hands and fingers away so the pigs don't chow on those 'other hotdogs'. It was just horrific to watch.

And then he goes of and canoodles with boring bun-faced Lauren B. And all those other bitches are 'rude' and 'ungrateful' and 'sulking' - just like Jubilee allegedly was, for not being all sparkly and superhappy when feeling one-out and unloved...

Adding further to the horror of this episode, was the sight of poor old Olivia on that narrow atoll or whatever that island thing was. I kept thinking, what if a giant wave comes and swallows the whole thing! What if the damn tide comes in!

The final horror was Ben's hair in almost every shot. I like the grown back in sides, even if it is a straight-guy cut - but man that awful little mop of receding hair above his eternally greasy or sweating forehead. I think, sincerely, that's why Caila pulled back on that weirdo date. He can't help that his hair is receding at 26, but he sure as hell should be helped with his styling. In Mexico, maybe? he was in a photoshoot in one ep, and they had his front hair spiffed upwards and he and it looked fine.

But he's a douche. A nice guy and all that, but he cannot take a woman questioning him or gently in any way whatsoever criticising his behavior or indicating in any way shape or form he is not utterly blameless and perfect in every move, it seems. That weird little hostility in his eyes that was on show when Jubilee didn't hold his hand flared up several times in this ep.

My main curiosity from that preview was how in hell is boring Emily meeting his parents? 'I never thought I'd get to meet Ben's parents' her voice says, or similar. Huh?? Please god for some reason they all get to meet them, because if he keeps her as his foil to boring Lauren B I will.... feed him to the pigs or something.

• Love 6

JoJo being a little cool to him during the pig date was the best.  The way he pleaded with her not to be mad at him, saying, "Of all people, you know how this is" and her response of "What do I know?" was gold.  

I had posted earlier that I was finally warming up to JoJo. She finally seemed "real" and this is why. When she dropped the fakey sucking up to Ben (after Jubilee was eliminated) and showed us how she really felt then I could relate. Say what you will about the horrible pig date it finally showed some real emotions from these women. Factor in that they were aware how much Ben was obviously into Lauren B and we got some real world reactions. They were to disgusted to be "on" for the cameras. And why would he say she of all people should know how it was? This is her first time on this franchise. It would have made more sense if he had said that to Becca. I think it shows they have had conversations that we the viewers have not seen and may go even more towards explaining his attraction to her.

I think Ben is nailing it on doing the quick and relatively painless dumps.  First Jubilee, then Olivia, then Leah.  He sort of gets this determined look like it's something he knows he has to do and just wants to get over with and then just comes out and says it.  Personally, I have been dumped this way and prefer it, because (1) You don't get the option of trying to see if you can work things out and hash over what went wrong and whether you can save it (which can go on for hours, let's face it), etc. when the guy just knows it's done and no talking is going to change it.  Saves you a lot of tears and mental gyrations and humiliation.  It would be different if they've been dating for weeks or months, but getting rid of them like this after just spending a few hours with them seems almost kind to me.  Boom!  Done! and (2) You end hating the guy so you don't obsess about him.  In your mind--Boom!  It's done!  Never wanna see that bastard again.

However, I loved the pig date and would have loved to swim with the pigs, so my opinions may not be the norm.

I will have to agree with this although I think the way he cut Jubilee was worse given the fact he really acted into her as opposed to Olivia and Leah. He was initially taken with Olivia but I think that changed quickly and the producers were keeping her around for drama. Leah was a non factor but overall I do think it's best to just get cut to the chase if you don't see a connection. Like you said the "hate" factor helps to get over it quicker.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1

I agree with Ben being pretty good at the break ups.  He is to the point,  says there is no spark, says he can't reciprocate their feelings,   there's nothing there anymore, etc.  A lot of the other Bachelor/ettes imply that they are letting someone go because they didn't open  up enough, or they have walls etc., which always makes the person think they could have stayed if they had just been "more open".   Ben just tells them he's not feeling it.  

• Love 12

I really thought Ben would do what Chris did and not give a rose to either Emily or Olivia.  I guess this show didn't want to be repetitive.  He's got no feelings for Emily, why all the wanting to see what develops?  Glad Olivia is gone, but wow the drama of showing her deserted on a stormy, remote, island.

So, I'm calling it now - JoJo's last relationship was with a woman.  In the lead-up to the cocktail party that never happened, she stated she needed to tell Ben about herself.  Then had a weepy confessional about how she was developing feelings for Ben and didn't want to get hurt like her last relationship.  She stated how "this person" really hurt her.  She's very careful with her nouns and pronouns.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

• Love 3

OK, so I get that there's presumably producer intervention involved, but is it possible that anyone can pull a stunt like Leah did and expect it to work out? I mean, game it out: Assume it all goes according to plan, and he dumps Lauren, and ultimately decides that you're the one. You get the rose and the proposal, and all that good stuff. Yay. And then the show airs. And he sees you making stuff up that has no apparent basis in reality, and then lying to someone's face about it. How's that conversation going to go?

And either Olivia's actually quite a decent actor, or she was legit devastated there. I actually kinda felt for her, and hope she learns something from this experience.

• Love 1

Those pigs brought out more emotion in Becca than either of the bachelors have. 

Also I'm clearly the odd one out, but as a farm-animal lover, I think I would've enjoyed the pig island. Perhaps not during the hot-dog feeding frenzy, but once things died down it looked fine. I probably would've gone off to play with the little piglets, rather than entertain a confused and sunburnt Ben. At least the pigs wouldn't stare at me all disheveled, addled and glassy-eyed, wondering why women weren't falling over them.

There were so many cringe-worthy moments in this episode, but I had quite a few good laughs. 

My son told me about this place last month, and I thought it was great that it was a Bachelor destination.  I would've had a blast there.

• Love 2

If anyone sees Ben's blog this week in "People", he explains the weird vibe on Swimming with the Pigs Island.  Apparently "someone" (Lauren B?) told the other women that Ben had told her "she was the only one here that I care about" and they were all upset with him. He said that on the island, they all seemed angry and cold--not with each other, but with him. He said he thought when they returned to the mainland/hotel, that a lot of them would tell him they were leaving.

No wonder he seemed so stressed and joyless. That said, I didn't feel any emotion or "connection" in any of the conversations he had, talks that, he said, had patched things all up again. I sympathize somewhat because it seems impossible to date that many people without having special feelings for ONE, possibly two, and then having the unpleasant feelings of just "going through the motions" with the rest (and, if you're good at it, knowingly leading them on.)

I'd say that maybe he's too nice a guy for that "leading them on process" to work--except for the previews. Still, I've never understood why anyone stays once they know a relationship isn't developing--unless, of course, you're enjoying going to new places, in which case, at least they should keep up the energy/fiction until they're eliminated. I don't understand moping around.

• Love 2

I still think Ben is better than a lot of Bachelors. Hey, he can at least complete a sentence and even string them together to make a paragraph! Seriously, it has to be tough to be "on" all the time and do everything that will please everyone. I think a fault of his is being too nice to each girl, to the point where he may be leading them on. 

I don't think he will pull a me snick. The producers want too rile everyone up with that preview. 

I am not sure if my opinion is considered a spoiler, so.....

I think the call he makes at the FRC is to his mom.

• Love 5

And either Olivia's actually quite a decent actor, or she was legit devastated there. I actually kinda felt for her, and hope she learns something from this experience.

I will admit that she wasn't a villain in the league of say Courtney on Ben F's season. She was more socially awkward and less self aware than Courtney was but I do think a big part of it was just playing to the cameras. After all her delusional statements I was expecting a big emotional meltdown. The fact that it was almost anti-climatic to me says she couldn't quite pull it off because she wasn't genuinely invested in him. Her whole shtick just seemed so over the top and fake. If I'm wrong then she seriously had some issues going on which proves she couldn't have been that much into him since it would have been based on her unrealistic delusions. 

If anyone sees Ben's blog this week in "People", he explains the weird vibe on Swimming with the Pigs Island.  Apparently "someone" (Lauren B?) told the other women that Ben had told her "she was the only one here that I care about" and they were all upset with him. He said that on the island, they all seemed angry and cold--not with each other, but with him. He said he thought when they returned to the mainland/hotel, that a lot of them would tell him they were leaving.

I'd bet anything it was a producer who whispered that into the other girls' ears. They will do anything to stri up drama!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1

If anyone sees Ben's blog this week in "People", he explains the weird vibe on Swimming with the Pigs Island. Apparently "someone" (Lauren B?) told the other women that Ben had told her "she was the only one here that I care about" and they were all upset with him. He said that on the island, they all seemed angry and cold--not with each other, but with him. He said he thought when they returned to the mainland/hotel, that a lot of them would tell him they were leaving.

No wonder he seemed so stressed and joyless. That said, I didn't feel any emotion or "connection" in any of the conversations he had, talks that, he said, had patched things all up again. I sympathize somewhat because it seems impossible to date that many people without having special feelings for ONE, possibly two, and then having the unpleasant feelings of just "going through the motions" with the rest (and, if you're good at it, knowingly leading them on.)

I'd say that maybe he's too nice a guy for that "leading them on process" to work--except for the previews. Still, I've never understood why anyone stays once they know a relationship isn't developing--unless, of course, you're enjoying going to new places, in which case, at least they should keep up the energy/fiction until they're eliminated. I don't understand moping around.

If Lauren B. or whatever girl it was really told the other girls he said that, what a dick move. Can you imagine saying to the other girls "he told me he doesn't care about any of you, just me!!"? It would be hilarious but also awkward and rude.

After reading your comments I am so glad I missed the pigs. That would have freaked me out.   Confused about why Ben had to mention AGAIN in his blog how "hard" he tried with Jubilee and Jen.  Faithful watcher friend said he all but begged someone last night to tell him what was wrong, but didn't he criticize Jubilee for not "telling him what the issues were."  Was he ever shown asking her other than the bathroom scene?  Me thinks somebody got some not so nice comments on blogs, boards, etc. and is still feeling a little defensive, although he shouldn't.  What's done is done, never explain, it always makes it worse.  That was an ugly move to take the rose with him when going to talk to Olivia. Notice how when he does something suspect he is always "reeling"or upset...explaining away the insensitivity. 

Also sounds like Ben is smarting from the "perfect" comments.  He is quick to distance himself from the adoration which makes me wonder just how  bad //.he is going to be in the upcoming episodes since his blogs are always a set up to show him in the best light possible....you know, it is not ME it is them!   Just as he was quick to point out how the women were against him.

There is something wrong with me...both Amanda, Becca and Calia are probably very nice girls, but they are all annoying and boring....as well as the "front runner" Lauren B.  Were it not for her awful hair and the other girls whining about her, I wouldn't even remember her...as with Emily the tattler. 

• Love 4

Maybe I'm crazy but I thought the pig date looked fun - at first! After I saw how aggressive the pigs were I was thinking "no way." The piglets were cute though. I imagine the beach was kind of gross but I still thought it was a thousand times better than that date on Juan Pablo's season where the goal was to throw sheep crap at the women.

• Love 3

Amanda gently caressing Emily's(maybe?) forearm was just bizarre!! These chicks seriously are too young!

Swimming with Pigs was by far my fav Bachelor moment EVER. Makes sense they were pissed off at Ben for telling Lauren B she's the only one he cared about. However, that was a serious misstep on her part to share that news. Thought she had better game.

• Love 2

There have been some bad dates in bachelor history, but I'm calling Beach of Pigs the worst. Not only for the pigs, but the total, depressed and even ominous feel. It was sort of like the set up of a horror film before all hell breaks loose. I hope they at least let them spend a couple nights clubbing in Miami. I had heard of these pigs, but never saw them. How horrific would it be to see these things swimming toward you? Was this the overcome your fear date, or is that shit still to come?

• Love 4

If Lauren B. or whatever girl it was really told the other girls he said that, what a dick move. Can you imagine saying to the other girls "he told me he doesn't care about any of you, just me!!"? It would be hilarious but also awkward and rude.

And if it was Lauren B, then Lying Leah was right about her! Still a liar, sadly, since she didn't have the gumption to admit she'd tipped off Ben.

Odd that Emily acknowledged Lauren's strong connection with Ben during the girl talk segment. Guess Amanda's stroking of her arm was truly calming. Amanda must really miss her girls

• Love 2

I think this was the most dangerous episode ever. First, the wild pigs? Three of them at least were ganging up on little Jojo--was there a wrangler off camera with a cattle prod ready to take them down to rescue her from drowning or being eaten alive? Seriously scary. Second, Olivia and Emily and Ben on that little boat in that squall? Not wearing life jackets? Who would take a boat out in that?

Total producer shenanigans imo on Leah who was walking out the door on her own anyway. She even apologized for what she had probably been told to say about Lauren B when she finally was allowed to leave.

More shenanigans imo on Caila--looked to me like they had just told her and Ben that she had nailed the next B'ette so play this date as still being very desirable and into each other but throw some confusing, confused, and unloveable into it.

I really am enjoying Ben as the Bach--he seems pretty real to me as a typical 26 or 27 year old guy. But I don't know why Olivia thought she was appealing to his smart side when she was describing herself as the smartest girl in any room, because he's not been portrayed for one minute as an academic, a rocket scientist, etc., etc. He's not that guy and Olivia would be miserable if that's who she is looking for.

Lauren B looks so much like a little thinner Carly Waddle to me but with eyebrows.

I liked it when Jojo honestly and matter of factly said none of them would be competing for a guy in the real world so this situation is just weird for them. No need for any of them to think Ben is their only chance at love.

Looks like the women all know who Ben likes and he is telling them it's hard to play the rest of the season.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 6

And if it was Lauren B, then Lying Leah was right about her! Still a liar, sadly, since she didn't have the gumption to admit she'd tipped off Ben.

Odd that Emily acknowledged Lauren's strong connection with Ben during the girl talk segment. Guess Amanda's stroking of her arm was truly calming. Amanda must really miss her girls

If Lauren had actually said to the other girls "Ben told me he only cares about me" they 100% would've aired it. The editors protect nobody and would happily throw anyone under the bus if it meant they get to fill their drama quota, and Ben's alleged favorite pulling a Britt definitely would've been shown in all its glory if such footage existed. Guaranteed the "Ben only cares about Lauren B" rumor was started by a producer trying to get into everyone else's heads and stir up shit, which clearly worked since Leah went from invisible to batshit crazy in the space of an hour. 

• Love 10

This really got me to thinking. Even though I think Leah absolutely did the wrong thing in talking to Ben about Lauren B when she went to his hotel room (and lying about initially putting the doubt in his mind to begin with) we know how heavily edited this show is so it does make me wonder if we have been showed everything. If according to Ben's blog someone did say that to the other women that could have possibly been what Leah was talking about when she mentioned that Lauren B was "catty". You've got to figure that either the producers started that rumor, one of the women just totally made it up, or it had to have initially came from Lauren B.

It was still a desperate stupid move on Leah's part but now I wonder if there may have been some truth to what she said. I think she took the "she says" when talking about Lauren B, " that if Ben ends up with one of the other women it's ok" part out of context purposely to suit her needs and put the doubt in Ben's mind, but if you remember Lauren B said something similar to Ben very early  on in the competition. Point being that maybe there was a grain of truth in what Leah said and Lauren B is not as totally cute and inoffensive as we've been lead to believe. It would be interesting to see how that plays out on the WTA.

JoJo being a little cool to him during the pig date was the best.  The way he pleaded with her not to be mad at him, saying, "Of all people, you know how this is" and her response of "What do I know?" was gold.  

Yeah, what was that about? Her half-brother Ben Patton was on that abysmal Bachelor rip-off Ready for Love, so she would know? There's no way that was it. We'll never know.

Yeah, what was that about? Her half-brother Ben Patton was on that abysmal Bachelor rip-off Ready for Love, so she would know? There's no way that was it. We'll never know.

I think he mistook her for Becca at that moment. 

• Love 16

I actually thought Ben's comment to Jojo was telling of exactly how I see their relationship. She's like his hot buddy that he'll totally be willing to have sex with but she's not the person he'll choose to be his wife. I think they have this comfortable friendship and she has come across in many of their conversations as understanding, sympathetic and reassuring to him and to how difficult the process is for him as well as the women. So I think that's what he meant when he was saying, she of all people and why he seemed surprised that she too was suddenly cold.

The way he was talking, I half expected Ben to go, "but Jojo you're like my wing-man here..." Which is why she rightly pointed out to him that she's human too and it is difficult for her too. I think he'd gotten used to her being this understanding friend to him who he will totally enjoy having a beer with and likely hooking up with and suddenly she too is being emotional and cold and upset about the process. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

I will admit that she wasn't a villain in the league of say Courtney on Ben F's season. She was more socially awkward and less self aware than Courtney was but I do think a big part of it was just playing to the cameras. After all her delusional statements I was expecting a big emotional meltdown. The fact that it was almost anti-climatic to me says she couldn't quite pull it off because she wasn't genuinely invested in him. Her whole shtick just seemed so over the top and fake. If I'm wrong then she seriously had some issues going on which proves she couldn't have been that much into him since it would have been based on her unrealistic delusions. 

The fact that it was so anti-climactic is actually what makes it seem more believable to me. She spent most of her run being so weirdly over the top that I totally agree that the vast majority of it was playing for the cameras (whether as a plant or just because of her own awkward weirdness), but I think getting dumped might have made her realize that all that stuff she claimed to be feeling for the cameras, she actually was. I feel like if it was 100% fake, we'd have gotten the meltdown we expected. The closed-off, quiet devastation seemed a lot more real to me than just about anything else we saw from her.

• Love 4

After reading your comments I am so glad I missed the pigs. That would have freaked me out.   Confused about why Ben had to mention AGAIN in his blog how "hard" he tried with Jubilee and Jen.  Faithful watcher friend said he all but begged someone last night to tell him what was wrong, but didn't he criticize Jubilee for not "telling him what the issues were."  

I clearly remember Ben saying something like "Caila is all smiles all the time, which is fine, but I want her to get DEEP and PERSONAL" or some such nonsense.  And I remember it pissing me off because Ben kicked Jubilee to the curb for being too complicated.  So Caila smiles too much for Ben but Jubilee frowns too much for Ben, just fuck off Ben.  But of course this is the premise of the show he has to come up with a flaw for all these women instead of just admitting he's most attracted to Lauren B.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

I have no idea why she's so vague with her pronouns but it was with a guy named Chad Rookstool.

She had weird noun/pronoun usage on her initial talk with Ben about her last relationship as well.  Maybe it's a way to distance herself from the "ex".  When I had a break-up, for the longest time I would only refer to my ex as "the e-mail breakup guy".

I rewatched that section last night.  Quoting JoJo here:

"There’s something that I need to tell him."

"I had so many things I wanted to say to Ben tonight.  I just hope that it all works out in the end.  I do trust him.  I knew coming into this, I’d have to put myself out there.  I mean I was heartbroken after my last relationship.  I loved the person I was with and I was heartbroken."

She may very well have made statements saying "he" or "him" and it's been producer shenanigans keeping it edited out.

I think this was the most dangerous episode ever. First, the wild pigs? Three of them at least were ganging up on little Jojo--was there a wrangler off camera with a cattle prod ready to take them down to rescue her from drowning or being eaten alive? Seriously scary. Second, Olivia and Emily and Ben on that little boat in that squall? Not wearing life jackets? Who would take a boat out in that?

They would have been fine if they didn't have food for the pigs.  I wouldn't want an animal bigger than me jumping on me with their hoofed feet.  Being in the water and you are even more unstable.  I'll go in a pen with goats, but I don't feed them or hold any food for them.  I don't like how aggressive animals can get in that sort of situation.  The piglets were cute, I thought Lauren H. was rather brave to be hugging them - I'd be worried about their mother not being happy about that.

Going out in a tiny boat in stormy seas to sit on a deserted island was stupid.  Even if they had glorious weather, that island was tiny and a horrible place to have a 2 on 1 date - which are horrible in themselves.

• Love 2

I loved the pigs.  I would have just enjoyed a paid-for vacation in the Bahamas, swimming with pigs, getting fed and drunk.  Who cares who the Bachelor is?  The women should know by know who is in contention and who is not and then, if they are not, just chill and enjoy the ride with their sister-wives. At least they  don't have to sleep with Ben to get all of these cool trips.

• Love 10

I clearly remember Ben saying something like "Caila is all smiles all the time, which is fine, but I want her to get DEEP and PERSONAL" or some such nonsense.  And I remember it pissing me off because Ben kicked Jubilee to the curb for being too complicated.  So Caila smiles too much for Ben but Jubilee frowns too much for Ben, just fuck off Ben.  But of course this is the premise of the show he has to come up with a flaw for all these women instead of just admitting he's most attracted to Lauren B.

It's all part of the weird premise of the show.   In a real-life dating situation, you don't tell someone your deep personal stuff when they're still dating a bunch of other people.   On The Bachelor, women are encouraged to "open up and be vulnerable", with someone who is still dating others.  In real life, that's a time for still working on a making  good impression, finding shared interests, determining if you're compatible, etc.    on the show, that would be considered "having walls up".  BUT - if you do show vulnerability, and open up honestly, you're doing it in front of cameras, your remarks can and will  be edited to make you seem crazy/insecure/needy/bitchy or whatever.   It is a lot smarter to put up walls, reinforce the walls, and build a moat around the walls. 

• Love 9

After reading your comments I am so glad I missed the pigs. That would have freaked me out.   Confused about why Ben had to mention AGAIN in his blog how "hard" he tried with Jubilee and Jen.  Faithful watcher friend said he all but begged someone last night to tell him what was wrong, but didn't he criticize Jubilee for not "telling him what the issues were."  Was he ever shown asking her other than the bathroom scene?  Me thinks somebody got some not so nice comments on blogs, boards, etc. and is still feeling a little defensive, although he shouldn't.  What's done is done, never explain, it always makes it worse.  That was an ugly move to take the rose with him when going to talk to Olivia. Notice how when he does something suspect he is always "reeling"or upset...explaining away the insensitivity. 

Yes, yes, yes. You hit the nail on the head. Ben - and by extension Chris Harrison- are weirdly defensive about Jubilee. What did she have to do with episode? He had to mention her when there was two hours of other women to talk about. And might I add, he was much more gracious in his blog toward Olivia and Leah who tried to sabotage Lauren B. I def. agree he didn't like the comments he got and is trying to do damage control.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hope Ben isn't engaged because he's not ready to be married. Perhaps it was just editing, but Lauren B. seemed genuinely upset after her conversation with Ben. He saw that and did little to comfort her. It seems to always be about how he's feeling. 

• Love 4
However, I loved the pig date and would have loved to swim with the pigs, so my opinions may not be the norm.

/Start rant  Hear, hear! I was all about the pigs! I loved them and would have loved every second of that date. Although the minute I saw them, I knew at least one hamster would make some tired-ass bacon comment. Also: pigs are not dirty and they are highly intelligent (they're even known to outperform 3-year-old humans in cognitive tests). 

Every season we see women freaking out about some wild creature. It annoys the ever living shit out of me. None of my female friends would act like that. Do they think men find that attractive? Ugh. /end rant

In other news, I hate that this show makes me such a jerk, because I enjoyed every second of Olivia's totally telegraphed downfall. I was grinning from ear to ear. You know how you don't make someone fall in love with you? By continually telling them how awesome you are. If you have to say it, it ain't true. It's such a turnoff, and paradoxically reeks of insecurity. Good riddance, Olivia.

• Love 9
BUT - if you do show vulnerability, and open up honestly, you're doing it in front of cameras, your remarks can and will  be edited to make you seem crazy/insecure/needy/bitchy or whatever.

To say nothing of everyone everywhere in cyberland will latch onto your sob story and make fun of your inner-most feelings. Not that we do any of that around here ...

pigs are not dirty

Other than that rolling-in-mud thing they do, until they are completely and happily covered with the stuff, from head to cloven-hoofed toe. And the rooting down in the dirt to eat roots and grubs, thereby destroy all surrounding vegetation and landscaping to get a snack. Yes, pigs are intelligent, but that doesn't mean they won't eat your hands off if you fall in their pen and some of your fingers are available as a snack.

The screaming about the "baby bat" was typical girlie stuff though. Even when they discovered it was a harmless moth, I'm guessing the screaming continued.

• Love 5

/Start rant  Hear, hear! I was all about the pigs! I loved them and would have loved every second of that date. Although the minute I saw them, I knew at least one hamster would make some tired-ass bacon comment. Also: pigs are not dirty and they are highly intelligent (they're even known to outperform 3-year-old humans in cognitive tests). 

Every season we see women freaking out about some wild creature. It annoys the ever living shit out of me. None of my female friends would act like that. Do they think men find that attractive? Ugh. /end rant

In other news, I hate that this show makes me such a jerk, because I enjoyed every second of Olivia's totally telegraphed downfall. I was grinning from ear to ear. You know how you don't make someone fall in love with you? By continually telling them how awesome you are. If you have to say it, it ain't true. It's such a turnoff, and paradoxically reeks of insecurity. Good riddance, Olivia.

Hear, hear!  You are awesome.  Thank you for taking this journey with us.

• Love 3

I would add that Johnny Depp's island is nearby, but as we know, he's no longer hot.

Hot or not - if Johnny Depp's island is within swimming distance, I'm choosing the fastest swimmer pig in the bunch, grabbing some hot dogs to keep him moving and heading for the coast. I'll have my valet pig roasted when we get there and then Johnny and I can have a lovely dinner. Ben who?

Edited by JustDuckie
  • Love 9

I'm not sure if I heard this correctly, but when Lauren H and Leah were talking, I could have sworn Lauren said she quit her job to be here.

Yeah, I heard her say that, too. I do hope she finds another one soon, but maybe a teacher can't just step into a job like that midterm. (She could be a leg model? Is that a thing? She has the most beautiful legs.) It must be shattering to go on the show, get the boot, and realise you have no job to go back to, on top of everything else.

• Love 3

I would add that Johnny Depp's island is nearby, but as we know, he's no longer hot.

Hot or not - if Johnny Depp's island is within swimming distance, I'm choosing the fastest swimmer pig in the bunch, grabbing some hot dogs to keep him moving and heading for the coast. I'll have my valet pig roasted when we get there and then Johnny and I can have a lovely dinner. Ben who?

I think Johnny's an animal lover, so killing your friend may upset him.  Best to set the piggy free and stagger into the woods with Johnny and his ever-present bottle of whiskey. 

• Love 5