Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Anna Khait

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

No spoilers.  Just an encounter.

A co-worker had the chance to meet Anna this past weekend, Anna couldn't have been nicer to my friend's 12 yo daughter who is obsessed with Survivor/BB.  Anna even face timed Caleb so that the daughter could say hi to him.  

• Love 4

I am thinking that 3 beauty women will stick together. It seems like the editors beat us over the head with that in the first episode by giving a confessional to all 3 women stating that they are aligned. The only thing I fear is that with the inevitable swap coming up one of the women could get screwed. As far as Anna goes she is my winner pick as of now with Michele and Julia right behind. 

• Love 1

As far as Anna goes she is my winner pick as of now with Michele and Julia right behind. 

May I ask why? I barely even remember her being shown in either ep, but I do remember a couple different confessionals from Julia and Michele. Unless I'm mixing up Michele and Anna, which is entirely possible since until a couple days ago I didn't realize there was a Michele on this season!

• Love 1

May I ask why? I barely even remember her being shown in either ep, but I do remember a couple different confessionals from Julia and Michele. Unless I'm mixing up Michele and Anna, which is entirely possible since until a couple days ago I didn't realize there was a Michele on this season!

They haven't been featured too much but what has been shown has been very positive. The first episode the editors went out of the way to show that these three women were aligned. In fact they beat us over the head with it by having not one, not two but all 3 women tell us in confessionals that the three of them aligned and they think they could go far together. Anna went one step further by saying they need to pull in a fourth in order to get a majority. It just seemed that they are setting these 3 women up to be one of the most important alliances in this game.  I really didn't see them do this with any of the other tribes.  The fact that they have been featured too much isn't too much of an issue for me. It is early and the Beauty tribe is dominating.  I think it is quite possible that they will avoid TC until the merge comes along so therefore we will get more strategic content from the other two tribes.  I could be wrong and in the next few episodes these 3 could crash and burn but as for now I think one of these 3 women could end up being our winner.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

I don't know if you can really say "beat us over the head" when most people didn't really notice this, but I would tend to agree with your analysis that the Beauty Girl Alliance will be a significant factor in the game, and I certainly hope it's true! 

• Love 2

Count me in as hoping these 3 ladies can stick together and go the distance.  If they stay 3 strong, I think that would cause at least one of the guys to come to their side.  Either that or go into TC and risk a tie that won't be broken, and I can't see any of the men taking that chance this early.  I'm hoping that they get Caleb and/or Tai on their side.  The one downside is if they have a united front and it shows they are a solid 3, that might cause people to target them at the merge if they can't get numbers on their side.  Julia was already a pre-show fave, but I wasn't sure about Anna or Michele.  I do have high hopes, however.  I want a kick ass female alliance to take the reigns, especially since we've already been exposed to what Mr. Gross Big Earlobes has going on with his game.  I'd love to see a bunch of the ladies take him down, since he probably doesn't think they are capable.

Anna seems like a favorite to win by quite a few people, including former players.  I have a feeling she'll be screwing up a lot of pools and fantasy lists if she's booted sooner rather than later.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Anna seems like a favorite to win by quite a few people, including former players.

I've noticed that too and it still has me bewildered. I didn't read/watch any of the pre-season stuff though.

I'd say based on the first episode edit I could more easily see Julia or Michele winning, but it's still way too early so who knows.

I really want the Beauty women to dominate the game. I also want a miracle to happen and for Alecia to be able to team up with them. And I want a pony too!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
(edited)

Anna was my student when she was in middle school, so I definitely want her to be the Sole Survivor. I like Neal and Joe as well, but I have to root for Anna. I remember her very well, and looking at the yearbook, I see that her goal for the future was to be an actress. You go, Anna. Outwit, outplay, outlast. Just like poker!

Edited by Arkay
  • Love 3

So I guess she's just ruined a lot of people's predictions, based on the number of people who thought she was the winner. :) 

I watched the bonus clips today, there were a lot of Anna and wow, she is LOUD. I don't know if she doesn't realize she has a mic on, but she's shouting her interviews as if she's talking over a helicopter in the background. She's also a bit of a manic speaker, her "The Day After" video is like watching someone on speed, she just keeps getting louder and talking faster and faster. 

Anna doesn't quite get how to play word association. One word that comes to your mind Anna, one word!

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2016/03/17/survivor-castaway-anna-that-twist-put-a-huge-target-on-my-back-it-really-sucked/

Holmes:  Alright, word association. Let’s start with Michele.
Khait: Super sweet. Funny, goofy, and really fun to hang out with. I’m sorry, I’m babbling.
Holmes: There are no rules here, Anna. You say what you wanna say. Let’s try Scot.
Khait: Super tall. I like his vibe out there. He was definitely paying attention to the game. I think he understood that he’d be a big threat after the merge. He’s aware of the fact that athletes get picked off post-merge. He was trying his hardest to make sure that he had loyal people around him. And my first impressions of watching the Brawn tribe crumble and pick on Alecia…we saw from the side. It was hard to watch. But my first impression was this guy is not very nice. He’s probably going to pick on me. But he was cool when I met him. I had no problem with him out there.
Holmes: Aubry?
Khait: A smart player. I told the camera that I think Aubry can go really far because she’s likable, she’s playing, and she’s unsuspecting…unsuspectful…crap…I know the word  I’m looking for. (Laughs)
Holmes:  (Laughs) I know the word you’re looking for, but it’s escaping me too.
Khait: (Laughs) I thought she was a big threat. She’d fly under the radar.
Holmes: Joe?
Khait: Super sweet. Reminded me of Rudy from earlier seasons. Lovable, loyal, he’s honest. And once he put his eyes down I knew that he was lying to me. It’s really easy to read him. I enjoyed my time with him.
Holmes: Caleb?
Khait: Beast mode! Monster, this guy gave it his all. Really fun person to play with. Super loyal. Takes a long time to get to his core. He really wasn’t giving off too much information about himself. That shows me that he’s loyal. He’s strong. And he’s a beast in challenges. It was crazy to watch. We wouldn’t have won that first challenge without him.
Holmes: Tai?
Khait: Adorable, animal lover, sweetheart, huge heart. I connected with him off the bat because of that. I’m a huge animal lover myself. I rescue dogs in my spare time. Seeing how much he respected nature. He ate everything he could in terms of on the fish…he’d eat the eyes, every little piece of chicken, all the yucky stuff. He doesn’t waste stuff. I fell in love with him out there, but in the game he is a threat.
Holmes: Nick?
Khait:  He seemed narcissistic out there. He kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I didn’t trust him. I felt like he was giving me a look that I’ve had many times of “Hey, are we good? Are we good?” I knew he was playing the game. I knew Nick would be coming after me the most. He was alert to the fact that I was playing the game and I was getting the girls together. He figured it out. He tried to come after me even after we won immunity. I was dead right on what I thought of him. He was a big target for me because he knew to come after me.
Holmes: Julia?
Khait: Sweetheart, loyal, amazing. My first instinct before we even spoke on that boat was, “I want to work with her.” I was really happy to know that she wanted to work with me too. Her age worked too because if she tried to lie to me I’d be able to see right through it. Such a sweetheart, completely loyal. She was the one person in the game who I did not lie to. It’s important to have that person that you consider loyal.
Holmes: Let’s finish with Peter.
Khait: I didn’t like him when I first met him. Also seemed narcissistic to me. I knew he was playing the game. To me he seemed pompous out there. I knew he was on the bottom, but he was still very cocky. I don’t really get along with cocky people too much.

Holmes: Longest word association ever. We’re out of time. You have to play again so we can talk again.
Khait: (Laughs) Sounds good!

From the episode thread:

I felt bad for Anna during all her confessionals where she was laying on her side because her implants looked horrible.

I feel bad for saying it, but yes they looked like something one of the patients on Botched would be trying to get corrected.  And she's such an extremely pretty young woman otherwise.

• Love 1
I felt bad for Anna during all her confessionals where she was laying on her side because her implants looked horrible.

From the episode thread:

I feel bad for saying it, but yes they looked like something one of the patients on Botched would be trying to get corrected.  And she's such an extremely pretty young woman otherwise.

Ha, I felt weird commenting on that, but yes, I noticed that too. It was like you could actually see where the real boob ended and the implant began. Standing up, they look fine, but that lying down angle was unfortunate.

Still worlds better than Exile Island/HvV's Danielle, whose improperly placed implants looked like she'd gotten a butt implanted on her chest. 

On June 22, 2016 at 8:18 PM, LanceM said:

So it seems Anna is in the news. I think my favorite part in the article is how they refer to her a "half celebrity". lol

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/06/donald_trump_takes_the_psychosis_of_the_gop_base_and_amplifies_it.html

Why did I read that? The stupidity is terrifying...

Khait, who was born in Russia and immigrated with her parents 23 years ago, also adamantly supports Trump’s immigration policies, including his Muslim ban, even though she said she favors certain legal immigration. “There’s a lot of safe and peaceful immigrants,” she said. “For example Russia. Peaceful. … Italians. Germans.” (Khait’s official Survivor profile lists her pet peeves as “[a]rrogance, ignorance and when someone picks on someone less fortunate.”)

And a racist, to boot. Glad this one got bounced early, hope she's never invited back. 

• Love 1
On June 22, 2016 at 7:18 PM, LanceM said:

So it seems Anna is in the news. I think my favorite part in the article is how they refer to her a "half celebrity". lol

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/06/donald_trump_takes_the_psychosis_of_the_gop_base_and_amplifies_it.html

Why the surprise?  I, for one, thought Survivor had already done a thorough examination of Anna's preoccupation with oversized boobs.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't know why, but this doesn't surprise me.

Probst loves her, so she'll be back.

You think so? I don't know, she fell way off the radar early and unless she's on a Kelley Wentworth-esque path, I could see her falling through the cracks back into obscurity. 

What really kills me about her ignorant remarks on immigration is that she's an immigrant from Russia of all places. 30 years ago in the days of the Soviet Union cold war era, SHE would have been the one that ignorant folks like herself would have seen as the suspicious outsider that only wanted into this country to destroy it from the inside. 

2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

What really kills me about her ignorant remarks on immigration is that she's an immigrant from Russia of all places. 30 years ago in the days of the Soviet Union cold war era, SHE would have been the one that ignorant folks like herself would have seen as the suspicious outsider that only wanted into this country to destroy it from the inside. 

I particularly loved her singling out Russians, Germans, and Italians as peaceful people.  Every ethnicity has within it the capacity for terrorism and horror.  To name extremely well-known examples attributed to some members of those ethnicities that she apparently missed: the terror tactics of the KGB, the Holocaust, and the mafia's tactics.  Deciding that someone is peaceful or not based on ethnicity is stupid.

1 hour ago, simplyme said:

I particularly loved her singling out Russians, Germans, and Italians as peaceful people.  Every ethnicity has within it the capacity for terrorism and horror.  To name extremely well-known examples attributed to some members of those ethnicities that she apparently missed: the terror tactics of the KGB, the Holocaust, and the mafia's tactics.  Deciding that someone is peaceful or not based on ethnicity is stupid.

You left out the Russian pogroms, the Stalin purges, and Benito Mussolini - but it's okay, we know what you meant. :)  

ANY subset of the general population which has been around long enough to define its own cultural identity has pretty much by definition also been around long enough to assemble its own unique collection of closet-dwelling skeletons; some are more exposed than others, is all.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Nashville said:

You left out the Russian pogroms, the Stalin purges, and Benito Mussolini - but it's okay, we know what you meant. :)  

ANY subset of the general population which has been around long enough to define its own cultural identity has pretty much by definition also been around long enough to assemble its own unique collection of closet-dwelling skeletons; some are more exposed than others, is all.

An excellent way to phrase it, Nashville.  Thank you. :)

I simply picked an example for each group she mentioned.  I'm sure we could do the same for almost any such group.

• Love 1