Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

Whenever they are in the burbs I'm always wondering why the first thing they do isn't find fresh clothes. Rick looked like he was living in a septic tank for way too long. Also Laurita Croft's get up was VERY practical.

So is the sanctuary a trap, a ghost town or a haven?

• Love 1

Aw, Milton. I miss Milton.

I'd like new Mr. Science better if he'd swing his arms when he walks.  And oh yeah, if he'd refrain from shooting the damn gas tank. I've never touched a gun in my life, but I'm pretty sure I'd manage to point the gun at the walkers and not the truck.

I'm covering next week's episode for Omar so I spent most of it thinking, "I hope they keep it chill like this one." Selfish!

I liked the dénouement (despite the forest fire, as Dave said at the time), but it was pretty slow to get to all the places it seemed obvious that it would.

It really dragged, but at least it wasn't a long slog to a "Surprise, Beth dies!" ending.  I like it when the show makes you care about the core characters a little more instead of juggling too much in one week and gives you some insight into what happened in unexplored parts of the local society.

The "Beth needs a drink" stuff was just silly but it made me wonder why more characters don't have crippling drug addictions. You'd think there's be lots of pharmaceuticals for the scrounging.

Ugh. I really hated this one. It was a neat idea to split up the group for a time, but I'm tired of the bottle episodes. The "Beth wants a drink" plot seemed nonsensical and contrived to me, and the dialogue was just about as boring as I'd expect an all-night convo with a teen girl to be. Then again, I've never ben fond of Beth (or "Li'l Useless" as I've always called her affectionately) so I'm not crazy about Daryl being stuck with her.

Dave: love your episode summary! Jocelyn: love your dropped G's; you're a regular Blanche DuBois!

• Love 2

I liked this one, actually. These two getting stuck surviving together is just weird enough to make it interesting to me. I enjoy how this show points out that many of these people would never associate with each other in normal circumstances. I thought the awkward nature of their trek through the woods was well done. I agree that the Beth's alcohol quest was odd though. 

I was talking to a friend about how 90 pound girl who has never drank alcohol+few bites of snake meat+moonshine is a recipe for disaster, zombie apocalypse or no. She should have been puking her guts out or rolling on the ground in a dizzy stupor. 

• Love 2

If I start nitpicking this show, I will never stop, but it does make me wonder if they have ANYONE on staff who says, "She's never had alcohol before? And she takes a gulp of moonshine? And has NO REACTION other than to say it's kind of gross?" Because she would have breathed fire, her eyes would have watered, etc.

So do you think they will Go There with Beth and Daryl? How old is she supposed to be anyway? I kept wondering but it was more just "I've watched TV before and they are both attractive people" than anything in the performances or direction or writing.

So do you think they will Go There with Beth and Daryl?

I found myself wondering that myself, but I kept pushing the idea aside because she's supposed to still be a teenager, right? Even if she's revealed to be 18 or older, it's hard for me to imagine the writers Going There without the incredibly popular Daryl seeming like a grade-A creep. The more I think about it, though, the more I think it would be an edgy and fairly believable direction for the writers to go in. Surely the dating rules would get reworked in a world where the pool of non-zombified, age-appropriate potential partners has been greatly reduced. (On a similar note, I remember someone on a past episode of "Talking Dead" wondering aloud about a future Beth/Carl pairing. The age difference now might not mean much within a couple of years.) Okay, I need to stop talking about this. I'm not a creep...promise.

Emily Kinney graduated from university in 2006, so I'm guessing she's approaching 30 in real life. I wouldn't have guessed.

• Love 1

Agreed (I'm not totally caught up on the comics but I'm ahead of the show). Seems like the show only has people hook up who are going to be in longterm relationships. I would imagine under such dire circumstances, there would be more terrorsex. The show is sort of prudish in that regard. 

Yeah, I need them to go ahead and get to Terminus already. And I need Terminus to be a nice, happy place. No more Woodbury-esque letdowns. Season 5 needs to be the Pollyanna Season where everything turns around, they find a cure, people get along, and Maggie and Rick wash their hair.

• Love 1

I don't think I can face another sinister criminal gang leader. This Joe guy is Merle meets The Governor. He's going to corrupt Daryl and I am not having it so show, please wrap that shit up pronto. I'm not interested in the Sons of Anarchy. Let's just go to Terminus already. Also, Beth! I can't believe I care so much about what's happened to Beth!

Okay, so I know I'm probably the only person who watches Talking Dead but I need to wind down between watching Walking Dead and going to bed, and it works. Did anyone see the promo clip they played last night? It was easily the creepiest thing I've seen on television in a long time and I watched True Detective. I'm still not okay.

Anyway, I try not to fall prey to the obvious charms of Daryl Dixon but I can't help it; I want that crazy kid to make it as a good guy.

I was thinking this morning that this show hasn't had a main character killed by walkers in quite some time, have they? Herschel was killed by the Governor. A bunch of randos were killed in the prison sickness quarantine thing. Am I forgetting someone? I think the last one was Andrea, sort of? T-Dog was the last one who was really taken down by a pack of walkers. I feel like that needs to happen again soon, because the walker threat is starting to lose power. Even with Daryl last night, I was like, "There's no way he's going to get bit."

I suspect they'll kill a major character by season's end--I vote Rick, as I mentioned in the "Who Will Die Next?" thread--but I guess I'm still reeling from the loss of Hershel, because I was really relieved that this week's was a pretty happy episode. (I've gone on record as hating Beth, but have no doubt that she's safe in that car, which I guess she hot-wired?) I thought last week's episode was laaaame, but I really loved this one. It took me a while to warm to/trust Bob, and I still wish he were better-looking and had squarer shoulders, but I got all misty when he kissed Sasha and when he flashed That Smile at the end.

@Dave Yeah but when they called it Junction, everybody kept singing the Conjunction Junction What's Your Function song from Schoolhouse Rock and people got annoyed so they yelled, "Fine! We're just calling it Terminus. Shut up, already!"

@Kim, I watched that preview clip on The Talking Dead and am still super creeped out.

• Love 1

Curses!  This show is so uneven!  After the idiocy of the drinking game episode, I had demoted it on my priority watch list... but now, with this episode?  That was pretty amazing, in my opinion.

• Love 1

When Tyreese whipped out that framing hammer I almost cheered. That would absolutely be my weapon of choice during the zombie times. You don't need to sharpen it. You won't run out of ammo. It won't break. Boom! One shot. One kill.

I'd raid a hardware store and get a tool belt and wear one on each hip. I feel confident I could wade through a horde with a framing hammer in each hand.  "Come get some!"