Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

Forgot to mention how much I love Michonne and Carl's relationship. First, she comforts him, and then she confides in him about the terrible things that she had done. They are developing a mother/son relationship that feels real and the natural result of all the horrible things that they experience together.

• Love 9

So hipsters run Terminus.  You've probably never heard of it.

I died.  Hilarious. 

I liked this episode, and loved Daryl getting back with Rick, Michonne, and Carl.  Poor Carl - he's one of the more annoying characters I've ever seen, but that kid has really had a difficult childhood/ adolescence.  It'd be a surprise if he wasn't a "monster". 

Pretty impressive how Rick noticed the poncho, backpack, riot gear, and pocket watch.  I suppose they're on high-alert all the time (well, some of them anyway), but that was still a pretty good pick-up.  I wonder, though, if they would have been better served by not acting immediately rather than biding their time while they tried to figure out what was going on.  

Does Daryl think Beth left him, or does he think she was kidnapped?  When that car rode off, I thought she had been taken, but I suppose it's possible she panicked and voluntarily went along with whoever was in that car.  Seems unlikely, though, and I would think Daryl would know that. 

• Love 1

Just in case you were afraid this season of TWD had been too full of sunshiny optimism we added child rape and cannibalism to the mix.

Given what was about to happen to Carl and Michonne, I kind of hope Beth was taken by the hipster cannibals.  She may have a better shot with them.

LOL.  Four for you, Snaporaz.  My telling reaction to them was, "oh, hey, normal looking people.  We never see those."  My judge of character clearly is another reason for kicking me off the apocalypse preparedness team.

Edited by bravelittletoaster
  • Love 2

And if the Termites cook Carl, that hat's going in the pot with him.

Pshaw.  That damn Hat is going to be the sole survivor of the Zombie Apocalypse.

Moral of the story -- never trust someone who says "I get that" in the Zombie Apocalypse.  Especially if he lives at a place called Terminus!  Terminus!  It starts with T, that rhymes with P, together they spell TraP!

More seriously, I think they should have hugged the walls to get out of the range of the sniper, and ran back the way they came in, not further into the place where they were clearly being herded. 

Oh -- and I think Maggie had actually been wearing Daryl's poncho, which Glen had brought from the prison -- did Daryl recognize his own poncho, or did everything go down before he noticed it?

• Love 1
Pretty impressive how Rick noticed the poncho, backpack, riot gear, and pocket watch.  I suppose they're on high-alert all the time (well, some of them anyway), but that was still a pretty good pick-up.  I wonder, though, if they would have been better served by not acting immediately rather than biding their time while they tried to figure out what was going on.

I think they were on high alert to begin with. So he sees the poncho and maybe thinks, "mmm that looks familiar." but then he sees the pocketwatch and is convinced something is fishy then acts.

See, this is my problem with Rick.  These are things he might have seen if they had done a better surveillance job in the first place.  I guess a small town Sheriff never did stakeouts or worked undercover, but their perimeter fence walk told them nothing.  Then they hid most of their weapons and just walked in.  I was disappointed.  After the experience with Woodbury, I would have scoped the place out for at least a few days before going in, and probably from a distance with binoculars.  Now that they have Daryl with them, they can eat squirrels and rabbits, he's a good hunter.  Plus they obtained supplies from the Merles, so the urgency to get there was less.  But sure enough, Rick and the gang only did a cursory check and walked right into disaster. 

I appreciate Rick's badass attitude, and he puts his money where his mouth is.  (Snerk)  But it's big talk to say they don't know who they're messing with when these people easily disarmed you and forced you into what amounts to a cattle car.  Good luck my friends, I want you to make it, but truthfully?  You're a little slow sometimes -- recognizing those belongings was sharp, but it amounted to too little, too late.  Also, run the other way!

Edited by lawless
  • Love 4

Pretty impressive how Rick noticed the poncho, backpack, riot gear, and pocket watch.  I suppose they're on high-alert all the time (well, some of them anyway), but that was still a pretty good pick-up.  I wonder, though, if they would have been better served by not acting immediately rather than biding their time while they tried to figure out what was going on.

That's exactly what I thought! You have an advantage when the Termites aren't aware of what you've noticed, and it gives you the opportunity to inform the others in your group and to formulate a plan while ferreting out more info from your 'hosts'. Rick gave up his advantage too quickly.

I was totally freeaked out during the scene with Kober's group and had no idea what was going to happen. That was some scary stuff. I almost wish they had ended the show with a shocking reveal inside the dining car, rather than just the reunion scene. It seemed anti-climactic and not enough of a cliff-hanger if one wrren't hooked already. I am, so I'll be back. I'm hoping Carol and Tyreese just enter with a tank.

Rick gave up his advantage too quickly.

He did.  He should have put on a super grateful, emotional face and said he just wanted to thank Gareth for taking them in, and grabbed him and held the knife to his throat.  He would have been closer to cover, and Gareth appeared already to be a leader and thus a more valuable hostage.

However -- at least Rick stopped them before they ate anything, ah!

• Love 1

Carl should thank his lucky stars that this show isn't on HBO. Rick going full on walker was a nice touch. It's not quite clear just how many survivors there are supposed to be wandering through Georgia, but I'd guess the Termites are supplementing the Soylent menu with other things rather than that being their only food source.

I kinda wish they had some Rick style initiation questions. How many walkers have you killed? What wine would you pair with a nice roast Daryl?

I hope the terminus thing is resolved relatively quickly next season and they move on to Washington or something other than Woodbury 2.0.

Maybe Carol was too quick on the trigger. These folks deserved to be introduced to Lizzie.

• Love 11

I don't know how in the hell he saw that watch.  I am thinking that the food was probably drugged or roofied somehow?  And then the folks just get herded into the car?  There were a pile of plates near the entrance so the folks must have walked there with them right?

The chain of the pocket watch was hanging from the guy's waist into his side-pocket. I expect he wouldn't have been sure it was Hershel/Glenn's watch if he hadn't also seen the poncho, the riot gear, and the orange backpack.

That's a good point about the food maybe being drugged.

That was a really intense episode, especially the scene when Joe and the Merles attacked (and Rick pulled a Jack Bauer! Amazing!) and the scene where they were being herded toward the train car. Edge of the seat stuff, for sure. That room with the candles was kind of freaky. There were names chalked onto the floor and some odd stuff written on the wall. "No Trust" I think was one of the things. Does anyone remember the others?

ETA: According to TV Line's recap, the walls said “Never Again,” “Never Trust” and “We First, Always.” So maybe these folks at Terminus used to be a much larger group, the names in chalk are people they've lost, and now they're "doing it to the other guy before the other guy can do it to them."

I liked the overconfident "they're messing with the wrong people" (or whatever the exact wording was), and I was glad so many of our main characters are reunited (and alive!), but I would have liked to have seen Rick ask the others how long they'd been there and whether they got into the train car the same way his subgroup did.

I wish the next season would start tomorrow.

Edited by Too Late Kev
  • Love 2

I have never been happier to be wrong about a possible character death as I was tonight. I kept thinking Rick was a goner, but nope, he's alive and more badass than ever.  I totally did not see Rick ever ripping a guy's throat out with his teeth.  That was awesome.

I'm pretty excited for next season now.

Maybe Carol was too quick on the trigger. These folks deserved to be introduced to Lizzie.

Ha!  Indeed.  "Monster" Carl (please) + Psycho Lizzie would have made a formidable anti-Terminus force.

I must have missed the part of Michonne's story about Andre where she actually said what happened to Andre.  I heard what happened to Mike and Terry, but what happened to her son?  Was it just that, when the refugee camp got overrun, Mike and Terry failed to protect the boy? 

• Love 1

I wonder, though, if they would have been better served by not acting immediately rather than biding their time while they tried to figure out what was going on.

I thought he was worried about the food possibly being poisoned. Since they had all "his peoples" stuff, I thought his train of thought was - "their MO is to give people food. My prisoner buddies are usually pretty sharp, but probably ate this food. Therefor this food must be bad. Time to hulk out."

Was it just that, when the refugee camp got overrun, Mike and Terry failed to protect the boy?

That was my understanding was well. I believe that's why she punished them by letting them turn into walkers.

abelard, I think it was just that the guys were high and couldn't/ didn't protect Andre.  She didn't give us any more details about Andre's death that I remember, but rather used the story to explain why she went so nutso and turned Mike and Terry in to her pets.  That was my take, anyway.  

When Carl asked if they were going to tell the others about what they had done while separated, I immediately thought of Carol & Tyrese.  Surely they're having the same conversation, wherever they are.  It made me think maybe each of these little sub-groups won't share the details of their time apart, and that could change the dynamics of the larger group growing forward.  After all, they're so used to people dying that there really isn't a need to give specifics; everyone will just figure zombies got them.  Should be interesting to watch going forward.  Six freaking months from now.  

• Love 1

I'm really surprised that no one bit it (except Joe and his crew), unless Terminus is already serving Tyreese, Carol, and/or Beth steaks. But I'm assuming Tyreese/Carol at least are still a few days behind everyone else after their "adventures."

If that rapist had any kind of working brain, he would have just killed himself, as soon as he saw that they were done for.  Rick just flipped the fuck out, and it was scary, but violently awesome when he did.  Also glad to see him reunite with Daryl.  I really do love their bond, and I hope we get to see more of it next season.

Michonne really has become one of my favorite characters now.

I wonder if Gareth is the actual leader, or if there will end up being someone else even higher up.  I guess Tasha Yar is just the cook.

That brief scene where Rick told Daryl he was his brother did more to develop and bond both characters than entire episodes of Daryl and Beth. 

Rick, Daryl, and Michonne are the ultimate Team Badass.  (Never split up Rick and Daryl again, they bring out the best in each other.)  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 9

What kind of an ending was that? "They're screwing with the wrong people!" Yeah, but you are trapped in a train car while they are out there, armed to the teeth. You're outnumbered and outgunned. That line might sound more badass if you were actually able to kick some ass.

Other than that, the episode was alright. Nice to see some of the dead people in the flashbacks again. Also, the group taking out the raiders was pretty awesome. Rick ripping out the other guys throat and gutting the pedophile was very satisfying.

• Love 1

I'm glad I'm not quite the ONLY one who thought the episode was kind of lame. My overall feeling about this show is that it tries so hard to be 'intense' and 'deep' and misses the mark 99% of the time. (for me, the Lizzie episode was the only really good one this season. And what does that tell you??)

I was surprised that Michelle McLaren directed this one. The pacing was really odd (all that lead up to Terminus and then they spot the "To Serve Man" book (oh wait, it was a watch) within five minutes of being there??  The flashbacks were so boring that I was more focused on whether they used old footage or just put a really big hat on "Coral" to make him look smaller. And sorry, but I cannot take Rick seriously at all. I laugh during all of his scenes.

The explanation of the snare trap (and subsequent Terminus equivalent) was a nice touch.

i'll continue to watch, but TWD never delivers on the promise... IMO.

I think that experiences while heading towards Terminus determined how they'd react to it. Glenn and Tara met up with helpful people that did them no harm, and Maggie/Sasha/Bob wouldn't have saved them if not for Eugene, Rosita and Abraham connecting the two groups.

On the other hand, Rick/Michonne/Carl went through the Merles twice, (that night scene had me tensed up). So they'd be wary of any new people. Since Glenn vetted the others in the boxcar, they automatically became part of "us" against the Termites (great name!).

I think that the candle room is a memorial/grave for Termites that died because of outsiders. There's a doll, a guitar and other keepsakes by the names. It's kind of odd to send the "cattle" through that room. It has to be on purpose since they have A painted by the door.

Maybe it's a reminder to the newcomers of what they're paying for, the sins of their predecessors. The Termites considers all outsiders untrustworthy. As they've said, they've been there from the start and unlike the refugee camp Michonne was at, they kept it together and are pretty tight knit.

Hearing them on the walkie-talkies was oddly chilling.

I don't think Gareth is the leader since he was working on the signs. One of the voices of Terminus, sure. Part of the welcoming committee. I kinda feel it isn't a dictatorship, more of what they'd tried at the prison when Rick stepped down. Also didn't get a religious vibe from them. Definitely an "us vs them" cult vibe, but I don't think they care too much about indoctrination.

• Love 1

People often crack under highly stressful situations and start to behave differently.

But not Maggie.

She continues not to ask about Beth.

Even Rick asked about Beth.

I'm really surprised that no one bit it (except Joe and his crew), unless Terminus is already serving Tyreese, Carol, and/or Beth steaks. But I'm assuming Tyreese/Carol at least are still a few days behind everyone else after their "adventures."

When I think Carol and Tyrese might be the cavalry that saves them in S5, but I don't know what they would do with Judith in the meantime.

I was thinking the same thing.

Perhaps Carol could have told Lizzie that Carol wasn't convinced and needed a few more demonstrations.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 1

Best ep of the season, for me! I so love Rick anyway, but the look on his face...right before he went berserk...that is some powerful acting by Mr. Lincoln. I was gripping the edges of the couch the entire scene, completely unsure they were going to get out of this one! Seriously, some of the best writing and acting I have enjoyed this season, on any show.

I had to laugh, and be grateful I watch with my husband. Sometimes, we need another perspective. I said to him, during the scene when they are all running from the hipsters, 'Wow, they are really all bad shots, huh?". Of course, my hubby immediately corrected me, by informing me they weren't trying to kill them, but to HERD them! So diabolical! I think they eat people...but I can't quite wrap my head around why? There seems to be still considerable game about, and you can grow most foods in Georgia? Regardless, super creepy and scary, which is just how I like WD.

I loved the new attitude from Rick. I didn't want to spend the next six months anxiously worried about how they would get out of a traincar! Now, thanks to Rick's assertion that there is, indeed, a new sheriff in town, I can just look forward to the ass-kicking that will ensue.

Carol and Tyreese will save them, right? I so want Carol to be seen as the heroine I have always felt she could become. The way they have written Carol the last season, there is no way she would just walk in to Terminus a la Maggie and Glen. I am pretty sure she would scout the place, like Rick, and know something was up. I am still confused as to why Sasha would not have insisted they check it out when they arrived, but I guess I have to suspend disbelief to enjoy, on that one.

Just want to add that Chandler Riggs rocked this episode. I loved watching him grow so much over the last few seasons, and I think last night's episode alongside the pudding eating one cemented this kid as belonging on this show. He brought the acting chops to this one, and I believed every scene he was in. 

• Love 4

I like this new Rick.  I like this Rick who can chomp a guy's throat out, and then - weaponless and outnumbered - vow to whoop the asses of the people who've given him and his group the Boxcar Willie treatment.  This is a Rick I can totally get on board with, gang.

Oh, and count me in with the "You've probably never heard of Terminus" love.  Well played, well played!

Edited by Raspberry2012
  • Love 3

I wonder if Gareth is the actual leader, or if there will end up being someone else even higher up.  I guess Tasha Yar is just the cook.

Maybe that's what she wants you to think.

• Love 1

I'm of two minds where this is concerned. I agree that Rick could have learned more/planned a better move if he'd waited, but considering what they'd just been through hours before with the Merle 2.0 gang, Rick was up to 'here' with people coming at him unawares. I think he felt like if he didn't make a move quick that someone could take out Carl, Michonne or Daryl before he could react. Also, the last time Rick tried to reason with crazy, it ended in Herschel getting his head hacked off and chaos ensuing. So yeah, I think his reaction was realistic if too hasty.

I loved this episode so much. I know a lot of people aren't happy with how it ended, but I think it was fitting. The night scene was intense and dark and enough for one episode, and now we have a good set up for season 5 with enough questions and uncertainty to tune back in. The line Rick uses at the end is from the comics, so if it sounded a little hokey, you have to put it into a comic context. I don't think Rick was being unrealistic with that line either. Sure, they're trapped in a train car without weapons at the moment, but they haven't killed them yet. And if there's anything this show has proven thus far is that while any of these characters are still breathing, they are extremely lethal. 

I think that Tasha Yar is the leader. She likely plays the role of the generous cook to get a sense of who's just entered Terminus and then dispatches her soldiers accordingly. I'm thinking it may be Beth steaks on that barbie as well. I also agree that it will be Tyreese and Carol who end up rescuing them with the Hammer of Justice.

• Love 5

Rick biting that guy was the best part of the episode XD There was so much tension and I really didn't know what was going to happen. And then Rick... bam! The  flashback scenes were boring but I think I get what was their purpose. Rick has tried. But you just can't be a peaceful man in the ZA.

I could understand if people in Terminus didn't want to share their safe house with anyone. I'd understand if they killed anyone coming too close, no questions asked. But luring people into going there and eating them? That's too much. That isn't being smart or a badass; it's being crazy. And honestly, considering all of them are infected, a diet based on infected meat should have some impact on their health.

it will be Tyreese and Carol who end up rescuing them with the Hammer of Justice.

Thoreese XD

• Love 1

Hahaha, that's too funny.

Overall I was happy with the episode.  I thought it did loose a little steam in the last 3-5 minutes, but I'm picking nits here.  I really really like how much Michonne's character has grown over this season, and her relationship with Carl may be my favorite one of the show.  I also like Rick and Daryl's relationship and I'm glad they are back together.  Looking forward to next fall already!

• Love 1

My sister tallyed that I said "Oh, my God" 17 times in this episode. I sat on the floor with a blanket over my head (but I could see) and my hands on my mouth for a good portion. It was amazing!! Much better than Season 4's finale (IMO).

I thought the powdered milk on the ground outside the train car might have been a sign that Judith/Carol/Tyrese were there. Hopefully, let weren't eaten or whatever nefarious deeds could have transpired. I didn't see anything else that would indicate they were there, but it's perfectly plausible I missed it.

Wowee wowee wow that candle room thing!! Creepy. Reminded me of "Never forgive" a la The Woman in Black.

The whole Carl-almost-got-raped thing was what really pushed it over the edge. Maybe hit a little too close to home, but I was never more satisfied with Rick than when he "got" Not So Lucky Dan.

I'm sure there are more things I want to comment on, but for now, 12 hours later, I'm still processing. I can't wait for next Season.

• Love 2

When Rick, Cark, Daryl and Michonne were all together I was so worried one of them would die. I was all over the place with the tension in this episode, basically crawling up and down my couch.

Had a feeling last week when the Termites welcomed Glenn and Co that they were cannibals, I feel like thats been almost confirmed by this episode. All those ribs and stuff lying around, no just trying to kill them. What else could it be. However I don't think anyone was eating Beth burgers. These guys are luring people in and have a very elaborate trap set up. I don't think they go out just snatching up girls. I think we'll be out of Terminues before we see Beth again. However with all the almost rapes tonight I really do fear for poor Beths situation.

And Rick is right. These hipsters don't know who they're messing with. They beat an army with a tank dammit. You think a few machine gun weilding cannibals is going to stop them?

• Love 2

I've kind of been saying all along that if this show wanted to be more realistic we'd see a lot more bands of marauding rapists.  But I never wanted actually to see that.  And I'm glad that group was dispatched post haste in terrible fashion.  Now that we've covered that base let's never revisit it.  But poor Beth...

• Love 3

Thanks, turtle and maculae.  I guess back then, that early in the Zombie apocalypse, there was still stuff for Mike and Terry to get high on.  I'm satisfied with your explanation of what happened to Andre but I guess I would have wanted Michonne to say more, as that incident seems to be her defining moment (one of them) in the ZA...but maybe the whole story was that they (Mike and Terry) had already given up by that point, and she hadn't.  

I guess back then, that early in the Zombie apocalypse, there was still stuff for Mike and Terry to get high on.

Sure there was. Didn't Daryl and Merle have some blue meth at the beginning of Season 1?

I liked this one. I was really glad they dispatched Stupid Joe and his Stupid Goons early in the episode. The neck thing freaked me the hell out. And I like that it went out on a cliffhanger. How will they get out of it? Where's Beth? Where's Carol and Tyreese? I'm still in. 

• Love 1

It would have been great if Rick had had the time to play it cool and figure out a response after he saw the watch/gear/poncho, and I got the idea that was exactly how he was going to play it.  But at the point the food was pressed on them, he didn't have a way out.  

Once he saw that stuff, he knew that without answers they shouldn't trust and therefore shouldn't eat, but to refuse the Terminus "hospitality" would have alerted the Termites.  He had to act immediately.

• Love 5

Thanks, turtle and maculae.  I guess back then, that early in the Zombie apocalypse, there was still stuff for Mike and Terry to get high on.  I'm satisfied with your explanation of what happened to Andre but I guess I would have wanted Michonne to say more, as that incident seems to be her defining moment (one of them) in the ZA...but maybe the whole story was that they (Mike and Terry) had already given up by that point, and she hadn't.  

I was so afraid her confession was going to include coming upon a zombie Andre and having to kill him herself..yikes!

I kind of got the idea that he was zombie chow and that is why she went all Monster on them. I got the feeling what we thought happened to Judith actually happened to Andre with the fence down and the camp overrun.

I get people saying that Rick should have waited, and others saying he had to stop before they ate. But if it was me, I would have acted because I would worry about being separated. If I had a sanctuary, not even committing cannibalism, that would be the only sane policy: we take people in, but we separate them first just to make sure they aren't here to start a "coup" and take over. Wait till we have time to watch the individuals interact with our people, maybe assign them to a "mentor-watcher" for a week, just to make sure they aren't squirrely. But if you get separated, you can't talk and plan together, and we all know how Rick feels about the "we stay TOGETHER" vow. Every time they get split up it's disaster; so I think he had to move while he still knew Michonne and Carl would be able to join him.

The line at the end, they don't know who they're messing with could have another purpose. Yes, Rick knows they're captive and unarmed and the Termites have the advantage. All the more reason, and responsibility as a leader. to keep his group from dwelling on that and get a rally spirit started right away before they sink into helplessness (and Abraham sounded defeated). When you go into a post-disaster area, like after a tornado, the first thing you do is give the victims assignments of things to do, set up schedules, use "empower" language---just create a vibe of order, that somebody is in control, getting plans made for results...it's all about will--if they have no will then no tools, supplies, or opportunities really help them. Rick had to quickly establish what happens next, and not let it seem that it's all up to whatever the Termites decide.

• Love 2

rogueprinzess, excellent point about Rick having just gone through the Merles incident, and so had really had it with folks messing with his group.  And the Governor/ prison fight was really only, what, a week ago?  Is that possible?  Either way, you're right that reasoning with crazy has not worked well for him in the past, and so maybe it was best for him to just try something while they still had their weapons.  Didn't work out, but it likely wasn't going to end well regardless.  

I do wonder, though, what happened to Glen's group since they got to Terminus.  What a weird plan, to let newcomers keep their weapons and make them feel welcome, and then in a day or two have them locked in a train car.  I'm just curious what went on in the interim.  Even more curious why, if the Termites' intentions are nefarious, they even bother with the hospitality facade.  

• Love 1

What the whuck????  I am glad I watched it on DVR so I could cut through all the damn commercials, because I would be pissed if I watched it live last night and had to sit through all of that.  The last 10 minutes from my DVR were 8 minutes of commercials!

Besides that, I just can't even with this episode.  I was waiting for something BIG to happen at the end.  Instead we get Rick going all Sherriff on us.  I'm pretty sure the Hipsters think you messed with the wrong people Rick.  Just a hunch I have, you know since ya'll are in a freaking train car!  Loved Daryl getting back with the crew.  I need to know where Carol and Little Ass Kicker are though.

There's been some speculation about Beth's fate on this thread . . . I'm so used to the TWoP "spoilery discussion" thread, that it unnerves me slightly to see it here, but I guess I'll embrace the new!

I don't think Beth has been turned into steaks . . . at least I hope not. It would be a very anti-climactic end for the character and I don't see how it answers the mystery of the car that drove her away. Do we really think the Termites are driving around to lasso their next meal, or even to find new recruits? I don't. If it's "we first" for them, this means they're always in a defensive position and they're not going to risk their safe haven to go out hunting or recruiting. For me this is a tantalizing thread for next season--who took her and why? I don't think it's as simple as someone needing a snack.

I enjoyed this finale for all the tension. I thought the scene where Rick guts "Deserved it Dan" was brutal even for TWD. I also liked the nice "I'm okay because you're okay" scene between Rick and Michonne. I'm going to have to re-watch the scene when they get into Terminus--I totally missed the part where you can hear cries for help coming from a shed. Very nice touch, show.

Very intense episode!  I think I might have screamed a little bit when Rick bit the guy's neck.

Did anybody else think it was weird that Daryl told Rick that Beth was "Gone. Just gone." Does Daryl think that Beth just up and left? (By herself?!)  Did she do that?  I thought someone took her.

Two of my favorite actions in this episode were the head butt and the throat bite.  Perhaps I spend a leetle too much time contemplating how to disable another human being, but I've always thought it best to exploit all the weak spots.  Skull (or an upward palm punch) to the nose is quick and effective (anyone who's ever stepped on an old fashioned rake can attest to that), as is crushing a windpipe.  Biting out the carotid artery is a bold move, but not entirely unexpected. 

I need to go back and watch the episode again, but I'm going to indulge myself and rewatch the last 7 episodes still saved on my DVR.  The plan is to delay gratification and clean up my DVR of the flotsam and jetsam - we'll see how quickly my resolve dissolves.

Very intense episode!  I think I might have screamed a little bit when Rick bit the guy's neck.

Did anybody else think it was weird that Daryl told Rick that Beth was "Gone. Just gone." Does Daryl think that Beth just up and left? (By herself?!)  Did she do that?  I thought someone took her.

From what I could tell from that earlier episode, Daryl sees that Beth's there one minute, and the next there's a car speeding away with Beth nowhere in sight.  I'm guessing that he comes to the conclusion that a lot of us have - that whoever was in the car snatched Beth in all the confusion with the zombie battle (when they were flushed out of the funeral home), and took off.  I don't think we even really saw her IN the car, did we?

Edited by Raspberry2012
  • Love 1

From what I could tell from that earlier episode, Daryl sees that Beth's there one minute, and the next there's a car speeding away with Beth nowhere in sight.  I'm guessing that he comes to the conclusion that a lot of us have - that whoever was in the car snatched Beth in all the confusion with the zombie battle (when they were flushed out of the funeral home), and took off.  I don't think we even really saw her IN the car, did we?

I kind of think why he said gone just gone was b/c he knows in his gut whatever happened to her isn't good so the Beth they knew would be no more no matter WHAT happened to her. I took it as Beth was gone no matter if they encounter her again or not she'll never be the same now.

• Love 1