Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Frank Falls Out the Window

• Start Topic

After falling out of the window, Frank thinks that it's 2006; the other three see this as a chance to fix their past mistakes.

ETA: More nostalgia for the diehard fans! Dee and Dennis try to avoid history, but it smacks them in the face. Also, they become crackheads again. And the Waitress is now living in a shelter, because everyone the Gang touches tends to turn to crap. It's amazing Philadelphia is still a city with those five around.

The make-up job on Dennis and Dee and they transform into crackheads was excellent. You saw them slowly getting ashy. The gash on Frank's head was too, buy the slow transformation of Dennis and Dee just shows the effort that they put into the show.

I also liked all the one-liners. "No one in the history of crack has ever woken up in the morning with more crack." Kaitlin Olsen knocked that line out of the park. There were several others, and getting the same actors to reprise their small parts from previous episodes was like a present to us viewers.

• Love 5

Good god, Glenn Howerton was on fire in this episode. Dennis screaming "There's no reason why a bald man, who enjoys skins, who has a little bit of extra somethin somethin around his belly, can't be a god damn vet! You are a wrinkled bitch!" made me laugh so hard that I cried. And his smirking, quiet, under his breath "Dee, you bitch" in the restaurant with Frank was perfection.

Charlie Day was killing it too, from Charlie's insistance that it was really 2006, to his disdain of jazz music for "too many notes". Actually, his entire roommate interview was hysterical: "I'm filling in half the can of cat food".

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 4

I don't know why, but I always love the running gag about the fish at the restaurant. I wish the waiter had made an appearance. I thought that the phones were actually going to come back and bite Dennis and Dee, but Frank actually left them the money. 

The Obama/welfare joke was gold too. I also liked Charlie picking up the Waitress by the crotch. I was wondering if it was ad libbed because she was half doubled over grabbing herself. 

Yeah, I guess this season is all about callbacks because you need to know all of that (crack, etc.,) in order to really get the episode. 

The one thing I'm most excited about is what's going to happen to the Waitress. She's practically a regular. I'm hoping she is the only one that kind of "makes it out." I'm unspoiled, but I'm assuming Rickety Cricket is going to be back, and I think he's going to die in a horrible manner. 

• Love 1

I also liked all the one-liners. "No one in the history of crack has ever woken up in the morning with more crack." Kaitlin Olsen knocked that line out of the park. There were several others, and getting the same actors to reprise their small parts from previous episodes was like a present to us viewers.

I loved Charlie's off the cuff comment to Mac, "That's right it's 2006 and you're still into women."

• Love 5

That wound on Frank was horrific!!

I liked looking at the check at the end. It was $8000000. It was actually made out to Dee and was from one of Frank's shell corporations, I forget which one. And of course dated 2006.

Callbacks were very funny.

Edited by DrSpaceman73

So does Frank still have money?  I figured the stinger would be the check was no good.  I thought perhaps Dee and Dennis had actually forgotten that Frank no longer had the unlimited funds he had when he re-entered their lives back in 2006.

I know it's silly for me to think logically about the events of this show, however when they showed the check was dated 2006, all I could think was how easy it would be to simply put a '1' in front of the 6.  Agree with you all about the episode and continuity.  Dennis and Dee trying to get welfare never gets old.

• Love 2