Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

WTG, Ree!  Yep, Larry and Jerry (Terry and Jerry?) are gonna work real hard after lunch with blocked arteries after eating a big fried chicken sandwich slathered in mayonnaise. (At least she didn't add butter and cheese and grill the sandwiches.)  I was pretty shocked that a splash of pickle juice was the solo dressing on the coleslaw. That just didn't sound good combined with mayo and hot sauce on the bread.

Blondies and bastardized Chex Mix, meh.  Plus, there are so many other, more creative and likely better-tasting ideas out there for a salad-in-a-jar.

It always bugs me to see people wandering around construction sites while there is active work in progress, especially without proper protective gear. It always looks like they're in the way. A smarter solution could have been to leave the treats in a convenient central location where the guys could actually maybe wash their hands and eat -- especially the snack mix -- who wants to dig into that with dirty hands?  I just pictured those bags covered with sawdust and other residue.  Now that (for once) would have been the right time and place for one of Ree's vats o' lemonade featuring the fruit of the month.  Then maybe some fruit or bite-sized brownies or cookies.

Her selections of clothing for the uniforms was curious. It looked like red gingham shirts and khaki-colored either micro miniskirts or short shorts. Really?

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 3

How self serving of her to walk around an active construction site to get credit with each individual person for their one brownie and Chex mix. As noted above leve in a central place and let them pick it up at their convenience. But maybe thr wouldn't have worked for Rees filming. She needs to kill a lot of time since her cooking is so basic. 

Also, China plates and uniforms for a deli?  She either doesn't know what a deli is or is going to call her restaurant "deli" ironically. 

• Love 1

I hope the high school football players deputized into helping haul the concrete for the mercan-teel floor either volunteered or were paid for their labor and that the concrete hauling was not used as some sort of bizarro football camp training exercise by Coach Ladd. 

I'm not a salmon person, but that farro bowl had a very Giada feel to it. 

I think the suede bottom on the uniforms was supposed to be an apron, but is she trying for a stereotypical cowboy/western theme with the gingham/denim? 

So she's matching her handbag to her hair now?

Her sandwiches rarely make sense to me. I fully expected something like mayo with hot sauce, because she acts like she invented it.  But I totally wasn't expecting her to drown the fried chicken breast in honey.  She called it a drizzle, but it was more like a flood.  Then she tries to convince everyone that including a mound of just-made cabbage slaw on a sandwich being packaged for travel is a good idea.  Cabbage with pickle juice is going to give off a bunch of water, which is going to yield a soggy mess of a bun.  I hope their doggies don't get indigestion and bad gas, because you just know where a sandwich like that is headed when they get home.

The salmon with farro salad is something I would really love, if using anyone elses's recipe.  With all that naturally fatty salmon, all she really needed was a bit of lemon juice or wine vinegar, salt, and herbs added to warm (not cold) farro for it to be amazing but still light.  She drowns it in a heavy olive oil vinaigrette, adds salmon, and avocado.  It's too fatty, Ree.  Even if you're going to use a vinaigrette, use less, YOU FREAKING MORON. I'm surprised she didn't throw in some chopped, hard boiled egg and some grated cheddar cheese.

What a shocker, too, to see tha twit unnecessarily tart up a pan of blondies.  She ruined them with the nuts and chocolate chips, which have their place, but not in a pan of blondies.

I can only imagine the eye-rolling when the construction team was told il diva would be onsite with her tv crew.  

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sabretooth said:

I hope the high school football players deputized into helping haul the concrete for the mercan-teel floor either volunteered or were paid for their labor and that the concrete hauling was not used as some sort of bizarro football camp training exercise by Coach Ladd. 

Ugh mercan-teel I just can't get over that!

• Love 1

I'll bet we could do a solid five pages in less than an hour over the subject of the MER- can - teel.  Try saying the word Ree's way and see if you can hide a shoulder-twitching snicker!

• Love 2

I don't have a dog in this fight because I honestly don't care but the dictionaries give the following pronunciations:

dictionary.com:  [mur-kuh n-teel, -tahyl, -til] 

Merriam-Webster:  \ˈmər-kən-ˌtēl, -ˌtī(-ə)l\

Cambridge:  /ˈmɝː.kən.taɪl/

Even the dictionaries don't agree so it would appear that various pronunciations are regional.

Doesn't make her any less of a crappy cook and purveyor of crappy merchandise!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Drinking game - take a drink every time she mentions it in the episode.  You'll be sloshed ten minutes in.

What's really killing me now is she says "Next I'll just roll out the dough..." or "Next I'll just add Nutella to the jalapenos..." or "Next I'll just chop up some pecans...".  I could go on, believe me.  I first noticed it a few months ago, now I can't stop hearing it.  She must say it 20 times an episode.  Just stop! 

Also annoying (to these Northerner's ears) is she pronounces car-a-mel as car-mel.  I know the Caramel/Carmel controversy has been brewing for years but really...she doesn't even apologize.  Or...apol-gize.

Edited by Albino
  • Love 1

I'm mad at every single person in this forum.  I now follow another show that I rarely watch.  This forum is so entertaining that I'm mad at myself for not finding it sooner.  I was five pages in when I forced myself to stop.  Lol

• Love 4

To add to the confusion, there's-CARE- uh- mel,  and there's CAR-mul and there's also Car- MEL, California.  Poor Carmel hasn't been the same since Clint Eastwood was mayor, but it's still a cool place.

Pardon me for high expectations, but I watched (again) that stupido opening of the mercantile today, and I almost lost my lunch.  Ree was all high and mighty and wound up over it, as if it was the greatest event in Pawtuscan history. Ree was commentating outside, holding a mike, as if a superstar was about to appear through the doors.  The so-called crowd consisted of Ree. Edna Mae and somebody else.  Ree went "Yay!" in her tremulous voice, and the so-called crowd dispersed.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2016 at 8:22 PM, toodles said:

I'm mad at every single person in this forum.  I now follow another show that I rarely watch.  This forum is so entertaining that I'm mad at myself for not finding it sooner.  I was five pages in when I forced myself to stop.  Lol

I read this board religiously and haven't watched an actual episode in years.  I feel the few episodes I have seen have taught me all I need to know to follow along here.  If you want to cut more useless FN watching time out of your life, at this point the same strategy works for Chopped.

• Love 3

The Pawuska population is 3,666. Jeeez how many people daily does she think that she is going to have shopping there. Not to make fun, but I live in Tulsa and I can't imagine that a small town like that can support a store of that size. She's nuts.

• Love 2

She's nuts.

She's greedy and has an over-inflated idea of how many adoring fans will be making bus trips to purchase her cheap crap at "The Merc".  I bet she envisions pilgrimages of women coming to worship at her feet.

• Love 2

I would totally apply for a job at the Merc but red gingham clashes with my orange hair.  

Plus, I'm a very good cook, who's actually cooked professionally, and I just know that I would be fired within the time it takes a Cowboy to spit and say "EWWW" when presented with a vegetable that is not corn.

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 2

The band from the "new" episode today was the same band they used for their Christmas special.....I actually was looking around this morning (home in misery...had oral surgery) to see if the Drummonds also owned Grill 125.

How much you wanna bet that some kind of small boutique hotel opens for all the fan girls who want to shop/eat at the mercantile and pay $$$$$$ for tours of the ranch......not saying it will happen but....

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Sorry for your misery - are you sure you wanted to make it worse by watching Crazy Clown Face?

Don't make me laugh! hahahaha....you're so unfair! hahaha

I just kept thinking to myself that that "art fair" venue seemed very "merc" to me!

I think a percocet now...thanks! LOLOL!!!

• Love 2

Take a perc to watch the merc! Hope you're feeling better, autumnh!

I kept thinking the same thing about the art fair location, but I thought Ree said it was at Grill 125 and they showed the outside of the building.

So, did the Drummonds donate all of that tenderloin for the party? That's the only reason I could think of as to why Ladd was stuck doing all of the grilling. If the event was at a place with "Grill" in its name, I'd assume it had a kitchen for that very purpose. (Actually, was he even grilling it? I just saw foil pans full of meat (with Lawry's and lemon pepper, ugh) submerged in melted butter on top of the grill like he was poaching it or something. (Honestly, I wasn't paying close enough attention to see what he was doing.)

I also noticed that Ree had to take another opportunity to plug "her" meal kit idea. What dummy can't figure out how to fix their own salad or assemble a fruit and cream shortcake if they've eaten them before? Surely Paige is old enough to have heated up a casserole or two and Ree's mentioned several times that Paige likes to cook a lot, so even those instructions didn't appear to be necessary.

I've never heard of "Ran-sar" dressing before.  It looked and sounded awful, then worse when Bryce dumped the whole container into the salad bowl. Yuck.  Also, that pasta dish was nothing new. I could make her red pasta sauce in my sleep by now and I've never (and don't intend to ever) make it.

What a cheap membership association. First, they can't provide the meat to cook and served wine (probably out of a box) in plastic glasses. I guess you need to be sloshed to stand around and look at crappy picture of horses' and cows' asses. "Bottoms up!"

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 3

Also, that pasta dish was nothing new. I could make her red pasta sauce in my sleep by now and I've never (and don't intend to ever) make it.

Oh, god she was at it again. I bet you all heard me screaming form all the way over here on the West Coast. A HEAPING tablespoon of sugar!! AARRRRGGGHHHH!

• Love 3

I was howling at the use of lemon pepper.  I never see that stuff anymore except on this show.

And yeah, that was a whole lotta sugar going into that red sauce.  I seem to recall someone here mentioning making this dish (?) and that it was surprisingly bland for all the stuff and work that went into it.

Her kids annoyed me this episode, which is probably a first.  Truthfully, when I was sixteen I was at least as proficient a cook as Ree, possibly better.  I routinely made a nice dinner for the entire family.  It bugs me how she dumbs them down for the show, because I suspect they're capable of much more.  She's lucky they're good sports and play along with it all.  Not all teens would be so cooperative.

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 3

She's lucky they're good sports and play along with it all. 

I'm sure Ree makes sure they are fully aware of where their bread and butter comes from - no pun intended.  Their allowance is directly tied to that show; if the cash cow is cancelled, so is a large portion of their income.  Her crappy Made in China goods won't hang around long once her show is off the air and her Stepford fans forget about her.

Good riddance in my opinion.

• Love 2

Did I imagine this or was some of Ree's crappy Walmart dishware nestled in amongst the other "art" (referring to her stuff, not those of real artists) at the show?  I swear as the camera was panning around the room, one of the very first things it landed on was a display of brightly-colored dishes and bowls that looked suspiciously like Ree's Wallywear. (Maybe I am trying to hard here!)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm sure Ree makes sure they are fully aware of where their bread and butter comes from - no pun intended.  Their allowance is directly tied to that show; if the cash cow is cancelled, so is a large portion of their income.  Her crappy Made in China goods won't hang around long once her show is off the air and her Stepford fans forget about her.

Good riddance in my opinion.

Teenagers are funny creatures, though.  Wasn't Martha Stewart's daughter, Alexis, a rebellious hellion during Martha's tv show heyday?  I don't recall her being put on camera much in those days.  I realize comparing the upbringing of Alexis versus the Drummond kids is like night and day.  Or, Hamptons polo club versus Pawhuska swim club.

Edited by anneofcleves
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I remember when my mother decided to cut out salt. Put lemon pepper on everything. Bleh. It doesn't taste like lemon or pepper. Thank god, that didn't last long.

I'm glad it didn't last long! lol

I used it once on chicken and that was enough for me.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I had forgotten how bad lemon pepper was.   I bought it again a few months ago as I had forgotten how bad it was.

I'm with you....I don't understand why someone would EVER put it on a tenderloin.....or well, anything else!

Thank god, that didn't last long.

Well, apparently it's still a thing in Reeworld.  Perhaps all of those spices and peppers have killed all of her taste buds.   More likely, she's just a lazy (and really uninformed) hack "cook".

13 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

In my defense, I did not use it on a tenderloin.. 

Oh it's ok! lol....I was just ranting about HOW much he pours that stuff on tenderloin....and then to see everyone lip smacking makes me scratch my head lol

Lemon pepper first appeared in San Francisco Bay Area grocery stores in the mid/late '60s.  One thin, humorless young couple we knew sprinkled it on every vegetable salad they served & gave me a jar as a gift when they moved away.  I liked it well enough, but Calif is full of free lemons & the peel can easily be grated & mixed with ground pepper for a much fresher, stronger, better flavor.  Nowadays, Trader Joe's sells a dry pasta called "Lemon Pepper Pappardelle", which is quite nice tossed in butter & served with roasted shrimp (though it doesn't sound like a good idea for beef tenderloin).

11 hours ago, autumnh said:

Oh it's ok! lol....I was just ranting about HOW much he pours that stuff on tenderloin....and then to see everyone lip smacking makes me scratch my head lol

Sorry autumn, my scarcasm didn't come across too well there. 

12 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Sorry autumn, my scarcasm didn't come across too well there. 

It's me, not you....i'm on meds for oral surgery! and dammit....filet mignon sounds divine right now! haha

• Love 1