Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: The Rivals

yeswedo

It was driving me crazy because I couldn't figure out who was playing Diego. It was Carlos Ponce, who played the brother-in-law on "Cristela." He was hot then; he's even hotter now.

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the rival telenovela, with the doppelgangers, and appreciated all the men pulling off their shirts when Ana says it's going to be hot.

Gael and Julio's "forbidden" love based on superficiality? Hilarious.

I liked that they seem to be moving to skewering Xavi's ego all the time, like when the women don't find him as sexy as Diego.

Also got a kick from the rival's villain asking Rodrigo how he could be a villain if he didn't have a mustache.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the rival telenovela, with the doppelgangers, and appreciated all the men pulling off their shirts when Ana says it's going to be hot.

I died at the part. I also appreciated the old lady on the other show.  The rivalries were fantastic-I hope this means we will get a peak at all sorts of other shows. Gael and Julio and their forbidden romance was perfect. 

I never watched Desperate Housewives but I love Eva Longoria.  Her comedic timing is fantastic.

I binged the first several episodes the other day and did not expect to enjoy it as much as I am, but the cast has really gelled for me.  

• Love 2

The rival cast was perfect!  And I'm glad Ana and Xavi "won" in the end; even though they're no longer a couple, they seem to get along well as exes. After all, he did protect her "whiteness"!  (Well, until the very end; who didn't see THAT coming? )

My main issue with this one is that the cast for "Las Leyes de Pasión" is way sexier than the cast of "Scientifico Sexy." Ana's rival looked stretched and botoxed six ways 'til Sunday and Xavier's rival was lots older. I didn't buy any of them being jealous of them for an instant. 

Also, I think this is the first time I became aware that Ana's character on the show is supposed to be a lawyer. LOL! None of the scenes we've seen them filming would suggest any such thing. I could have sworn the title of the show was something else too.

It's weird this show's ratings are so much lower than Superstore's because I find this show vastly more funny. 

• Love 3

It was driving me crazy because I couldn't figure out who was playing Diego. It was Carlos Ponce, who played the brother-in-law on "Cristela."

Similar, though to me he's "hey, you were a correspondent for Entertainment Tonight!"

I enjoyed the rivals.  Hey, even the guy who they played belly Jenga on had his own, who also removed his shirt when Ana mentioned it was going to be hot. 

Also, I think this is the first time I became aware that Ana's character on the show is supposed to be a lawyer

HA!  I was like "Those dresses scream something else and not lawyer." 

This show is so cheesy, but it makes me smile.

Similar, though to me he's "hey, you were a correspondent for Entertainment Tonight!"

I enjoyed the rivals.  Hey, even the guy who they played belly Jenga on had his own, who also removed his shirt when Ana mentioned it was going to be hot. 

HA!  I was like "Those dresses scream something else and not lawyer." 

This show is so cheesy, but it makes me smile.

I too enjoy how silly and over the top this show is. I am thoroughly enjoying the camp!

• Love 5

[chandler bing] Could Gael's pants be any tighter? [/chandler bing].

Not a complaint mind you.

This show is so fun. I always laugh out loud. I want to see more Isabela - she is funny. "One rule: Don't fall in love with me"

Edited by xander874
  • Love 1

One of my many favorite moments was when all rivals lined up for the face-off and after scowling for a second, they all started doing the "greet with a kiss" thing because it's the culturally required thing to do.

• Love 2