Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: The Sales Call Sublimation

I am getting the feeling that the writers/producers read message boards and forums between seasons, because they seem to be changing the show to address posters' complaints - Sheldon treats Amy better and is less mean, while still being Sheldon, Bernie hasn't been as screechy, they are exploring why Penny and Leonard are together, Raj isn't such a creep.  I hope they keep reading and fix stop what they are doing to Stuart.

I kept waiting for the punchline of Stuart really still being homeless, sleeping the the Store/his car, and only leaving because he got tired of being so openly, hostilely (is that a word?) unwanted, and Bernie/Howard feeling awful for wanting gone & missing him, discover him sleeping in his car/the store and invite him to come back and stay as long as he needs to/forever.

Did NOT see him still having a key and sneaking in to watch them sleep. Ick.

I was sure that Stewart leaving was going to lead into Howard and Bernie deciding to have a baby - discussing what to do with the empty room, Bernie holding the teddy bear, talking about Stuart like he was their kid (which bugged me because the show has already done that bit a few times with Penny and Leonard discussing Sheldon).  I am glad they didn't go the baby route, even if the stalker Stuart idea is worse.  Maybe the writers/producers do read the message boards and decided to prank the people who post that they hope no one has children.

So there was an inordinately long commercial break there in the middle? I'm glad other people noticed. I had it on DVR so I was able to FF thru it, but MY GOD that was one long commercial break! I was like "c'mon already!" 

Oh, I think the long commercial breaks are wonderful! I get so much done! Last week was able to vacuum my house and put away all the laundry without missing a thing.  This week, I made a quick trip to Chipotle for burrito and had time to pick up a flash drive at Best Buy (note - although I might have had time for these things, I actually record the show and FF through the commercials).

Everyone knows that Leonard's mother treats him terribly.  I don't know why he felt as though he learned anything new when he was talking to Dr. Gallo.

I think he was relieved to have someone, especially a professional psychologist/psychiatrist agree that his mother was horrible.  I know stories of his childhood have come up many times and his mother has been on the show, but I don't recall any of the characters, his friends, ever mentioning that his mom was not nice to him.  Sheldon loves Leonard's mother.

In Huntsville AL the Chipotle is about 100 yards from the Best Buy. Wonder if there is something tieing them together? Hey everybody with a Chipotle and a Best Buy in your town, are they close?

My nearest Best Buy has a Chipotle in the same shopping center, but they are not next to each other - they are at opposite sides of the parking lot.

• Love 1

I've never understood why Sheldon eats out or gets takeout all the time, the California Food Workers' Oath of Cleanliness and Hygiene notwithstanding. With his germ phobia I'm surprised he doesn't cook all of his own food; hell, he'd probably build his own x-ray machine to irradiate all potential microbes.

I've never understood why Sheldon eats out or gets takeout all the time, the California Food Workers' Oath of Cleanliness and Hygiene notwithstanding. With his germ phobia I'm surprised he doesn't cook all of his own food; hell, he'd probably build his own x-ray machine to irradiate all potential microbes.

I don't know how many states it's in, but California in fact has stringent laws that require any business serving food to display the results of their most recent inspection in the form of a letter grade in the window. IME, eating at an A is fine, with B if you want to eat there you kind of have to tell yourself that they got the grade because of poor electrical wiring, and you don't ever eat at a C. I forget at which grade the health department shuts you down.  Sheldon must trust the Health Department a lot.

I don't know how many states it's in, but California in fact has stringent laws that require any business serving food to display the results of their most recent inspection in the form of a letter grade in the window.

Do they have to post a date with that grade? Bar Rescue has featured a lot of filthy businesses that have gone years since their last inspection, about a third in California.

• Love 1

In Huntsville AL the Chipotle is about 100 yards from the Best Buy. Wonder if there is something tieing them together?

They're both commonly found in strip malls and have many locations. It stands to reason they'd end up nearby frequently.
  • Love 2

Characters have listened to Leonard bring up his mom and things like there were no birthday celebrations and understood but mostly they don't say much.  I sort of hate it that Penny bonded with Bev because she's the reason he still picks his fingers.

I think Leonard and the girls were in the scene together and the rope was CGI'ed into the scene. Not that it really matters, I just am often curious how they do things. Interestingly, the ad that came on right after TBBT for the Late Night Colbert Show had Colbert double dutch jumping with some little girls.

Edited by Beezella
  • Love 1

Not where I live. We have a Best Buy in one shopping center and a Chipotle a few miles down the road and around the corner at another.

I liked this episode and agree that Leonard hearing from another professional, especially in his mother's field, meant a lot to him. Everyone is telling him his mother is great and hearing how she's high in her field really did a number on Leonard considering how he's been raised. Friends propping you up is one thing, hearing it from a qualified stranger is something else.

• Love 3

I liked this episode and agree that Leonard hearing from another professional, especially in his mother's field, meant a lot to him. Everyone is telling him his mother is great and hearing how she's high in her field really did a number on Leonard considering how he's been raised. Friends propping you up is one thing, hearing it from a qualified stranger is something else.

That is exactly what I thought. Friends have somewhat of an obligation to take your side against your insane family. While it's nice to have their support, it doesn't carry as much weight. Hearing that same assessment from a professional that shares the field your mother is considered an expert in, on the other hand, is quite a piece of validation.

• Love 3

If what she was talking about wasn't known to her because of his session it'd also be fine. I mean, if she's doctor to both of a couple, it's not like she's going to tell one of them not to talk about their SO at all, so it's not weird they were discussing him. Also seems like some stuff about Leonard (and his mother) is public knowledge due to her books... in other words: they have wiggle room.

Edited by theatremouse