Type keyword(s) to search

Who Is Your Idol Crush?

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've seen many comments from this season that this year's group of contestants severely lack in the looks department. I sort of disagree though. Which Idol guys or gals do you think are most attractive? (By the way, if anyone has a more clever title for this thread, please suggest! Mine is lame :-(   )

For the guys I obviously think Sam is pretty handsome. The only thing is that I think his teeth are just too big for his mouth so his smile is a little awkward looking. He has nice green eyes though and nice hair. Sometimes the stylists go overboard with the hair gel and make him look like a bug though.

I also think Dexter could be quite cute if he lost a little more weight. A lot of people don't seem to find him attractive but he has really nice blue eyes and a cute face that could look better if he lost some weight. 

CJ is pretty cute and seems like a sweetheart. Ben was also kind of cute too.

The guy I like most is Caleb though. If you really take a good look at him, he's actually sort of cute and he has awesome hair! I also have to agree with JLo that he's kind of sexy, in that rocker sort of way. Mmm hmmm. :D

I thought all the women were very pretty this year, even the tomboyish MK had a really pretty face. 

Can I vote for Harry?

No, I want him! :)

I also agree that if I had a daughter, I would approve of Sam for her. (Which is why he could be a huge tweener hit--adorable in a non-threatening way, if he can just learn to relax enough onstage to connect with the songs and the audience!)

Can we go back to previous seasons?  Bo Bice.  Damn, I loved tuning in every week for him--his look, his voice, his stage presence, his song choices.  Wow.

This season, while I like Caleb's type of music and his whole presence/voice (except his off stage behavior--the guy needs to tone it down a little), I'm not crushing on anyone.  Sam and CJ are cuties, though.  The judges?  Harry's cute and Keith is really good looking, but Jennifer, 9 times out of 10, takes my breath away (her beauty--not necessarily what she's wearing :)  Last night, when they showed flashbacks to the auditions where she was wearing the black and red flannel (?)?  Gorgeous! 

***shoves other fans***, sorry Harry is mine!

These kids are old enough to be my kids so I'm not interested in anybody - but I did think Caleb was channeling Meat Loaf last night when he was singing with SlapOut Jessica (yea, I'm calling her that from now on). All he needed was a hankerchief. Could you imagine the two of them singing :"Paradise by the Dashboard Lights"? The entire Idol stage would spontaneous combust. JLo's baptism gown would blow off, Keith would lose his Ellen-esque hairdo and Harry would be talking in one of his crazy voices for the rest of all time. 

BTW I cracked up over Harry calling JLO Jenny Fallopez. 

Can we go back to previous seasons?  Bo Bice.  Damn, I loved tuning in every week for him--his look, his voice, his stage presence, his song choices.  Wow.

Oh, man, yeah. I think that's why Carrie completely flew under my radar because I was too busy being starstruck by Bo. I think my Idol crushes in total have been Bo, Blake Lewis, David Archuleta, and Kris Allen (can you tell I don't have one type?) although I've found a few others occasionally attractive.

Out of this season, Sam and occasionally Caleb in an average-guy look kind of way.

My oldest child is soon to be 24 so I'd feel like a dirty old woman crushing on some of these youngsters. To borrow from Cher, if I could turn back time.... I was a huge Bo Bice fan during season 4. That's when I joined TWOP and I had white hot hate for Carrie lol. Funny thing is I bought her first cd and not Bo's. Go figure. I've always gravitated to the rocker contestants. If I were to crush on any Idol contestants, it would probably have been Michael Johns then, not now and Adam Lambert now, not then lol.  

For me, Sam is the best-looking of this bunch.  He's definitely bring him home to meet mom material.  I think Malaya is cute but she will be much more attractive when she loses the glasses and braces.  The rest?  Well, like my mama said, if you can't say anything nice...

(edited)

It's very hard to resist the nice looks of Sam.  Being that I am much older, I would say he appears innocent and sweet.  From past seasons, I'd have to go with the guys from Season 7.  Jason Castro and Michael Johns were past crushes.  Probably Jason and his beautiful eyes rank very high with me.

Edited by Aimzee
  • Love 1

Another "old lady" here. Being as how half the contestants this year are younger than my youngest child, I'm not even going to go there as far as calling anyone a "crush". And Harry & Keith are so much more as far as eye candy than anyone else on stage any way.

I could go back to past seasons as well, though. Was an honest-to-goodness "Claymate" back in the day, and really loved David Cook in his season. Plus I had a bit of a thing for Bucky Covington (anyone remember him?) back in whatever season that was.

Yes, Casey was the one Kara was swooning over, but Bucky was the one with the identical twin brother ("Rocky" I forget what their actual names were). Casey was also a far better musician, and a better singer than Bucky, but there was, rather like CJ this season, a really cool, slightly raspy quality to Bucky's voice that just resonated with me, and he just made my toes curl in general despite his vocal limitations. I believe he did go on to have a couple of albums which did reasonably well, though I've not really followed him all that much post-Idol. That was a heck of a season, though...so many went on to some levels of success.

Bucky and Casey both had longish blond hair, too, so maybe that's where you are confusing them.

While a lot of people called him a douchebag (I think I was one of a few who would actually admit that they liked him), I miss the eye-fucking of Constantine Maroulis.

• Love 2

I didn't dislike Constantine...he definitely had a bit of a skeevy vibe, but he gave a few very good performances as I recall. And he does seem to still show up here and there. Whether one liked or hated him, most could agree that he had some talent and a certain amount of presence, even if it rubbed them the wrong way. I actually think it's nice that he has been able to use the leg-up he got from Idol to build a decent career for himself.

• Love 1

As long as we're talking about Idol crushes from seasons past, I'm going to say I liked Jon Peter Lewis a lot from Season 3. I actually didn't start watching Idol until Season 5, but when he was on The Voice in Season 4 and I found out he had been on Idol about 10 years prior, I looked up some clips from his season and checked out his solo music. He's severely underrated, in my opinion, if not basically completely forgotten about. To me he's the original WGWG, long before the WGs were allowed to have their Gs. He was on in the ghetto days when they didn't even perform with a band, just a pre-recorded track and they certainly couldn't play instruments or didn't really have any say in changing the arrangements. If JPL auditioned for the show now, he'd slay everyone.

I forgot to mention that I saw Constantine several years ago at a club in Virginia.  I thoroughly enjoyed his show and I think he really is a good singer (eye-fucking notwithstanding, lol). The crowd was enthusiastic; there were many men as well as women there.  This was before he went to Broadway, so I was glad that he had success there later on.

RE: Bucky Covington - I actually bought his CD and it was really good. I think I might have Bo Bice's CD floating around here, along with Taylor Hick's CD. 

I'm with YourPointIs - I have kids the same age as the current Idol contestants but I really REALLY like looking at Harry. Keith never does it for me because of his sometimes lesbionic hairdo (no offense to any lesbians but his hair looks really REALLY girlie some nights) . If I had to pick a contestant for one of my daughters, it would probably be Caleb - he's a typical Southern boy with a bit of the brat in him. Sam has way too many teeth and neuroses and Alex will always remind me of Duckie from Pretty in Pink.

I think Sam's teeth look just fine but I understand that mileage may vary on that point.  However, I think it's unfair to characterize him as having "neuroses" just because he's a shy 17 year old.

• Love 2

I wasn't a super huge fan of Casey but I loved his version of Jealous Guy and still do. 

I am so with you on this. I could see he was good looking but he did nothing for me. I absolutely loved his version of Jealous Guy though. I still have it on my favorites play list to this day.

As far as having an Idol "crush", I'm with those on here that are a bit old for the current contestants. My daughter is much closer to their ages. (If anyone is curious, she didn't find any of them attractive this year.) But IF I could go back in Idol time, I would have to say that I kind of fell in love with Bo Bice and David Cook really hooked me in by the end of his season. I think I fall in love with the voice and charisma rather than the looks.

Remember when Simon was adamant that women would fall in love with Michael John's athleticism rather than a word nerd like David Cook? Simon sure had his finger on the pulse didn't he lol?

(edited)

Where do we post an update or general comments on an Idol from Seasons 1 through 12?  I know one thread for each Idol is cumbersome, but how about one thread for each season?

Edited by Gemma Violet

Awww, the good old days of Idol!  The hottest song on my ipod to this day is the cover of Creep by David Cook.  Yes, I bought his albums pre-idol.  Not sure I got any of the post-Idol stuff though.

• Love 1