Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

sorry to hear what u have to go thru petunia...that sucks when u have to work with major assholes...

when i lived in the cariboo, i worked at a mack dealership as the office person, a/r, a/p, payroll etc and was the only woman..in the lunchroom, washrooms, parts dept etc. they had all the usual calendars, the ones with a half naked/mostly naked female holding a wrench or leaning up against one of the big trucks etc...i got tired of seeing them every gosh darn day, so i went and bought myself a "hunks" calendar and put it up in the lunchroom.  the next day i got to work and it had been tossed in the garbage.  i retrieved it and put it back up.  the next day it was back in the garbage and i took it out and put it back up.. i then got backlash for doing that from the mechanics and they said they had no interest in seeing mostly naked men up on the wall when they had to eat lunch and TOLD ME to take it down and if i wanted to look at it to put it up in my home, not where they work...i TOLD THEM, how the hell do u think i feel when as the only woman at the dealership and i had to look at mostly naked females on the wall and if they could have those kind of calendars etc. up on the wall then so the hell could i....i won and the girly calendars came down.

• Love 9

Yea someone wants to look like a big man - it bothers me because I'm the type that will respond in real life and it's my work.... And of course mr victor Newman Jr. and his butt kissers know that. ? And I have to be around him a lot. Besides that he also tells dirty jokes repeatedly and bangs and breaks stuff. 

• Love 5

you have much more patience than i petunia..

i have gotten myself in lots of trouble at the male dominated places i worked at throughout my working life..i have a big mouth and sometimes never knew when to shut it....once got called into the car dealership's gm's office for going off on the parts manager and told him he had a black heart for someone who called himself a christian...but hey, he asked why i looked so angry and i told him..he had left early the day before and so had his assistant p/m.  we (the other lady who was handling cash) had to hand out the invoices to customes who were coming in to pick up parts or their cars and wanted to know about the work that had been done.  we, didn't know as we were not mechanics or parts people and didn't know what the parts or services listed were for, we were just supposed to get the money for said work..  i can't tell you how stupid we felt.  so, the next day when he asked, i told him...quit my job not too much after that.  most of my working life i was in or around the automotive field..either car dealerships, tractor/trailer dealerships, body shops or heavy equipment (loaders, excavators etc.) contractors.

i have often said that i only open my mouth to change feet.,

• Love 6

so i went and bought myself a "hunks" calendar and put it up in the lunchroom

I did the same thing when I worked in a paint store. The guys had girly pix in the tint room, so I ripped a Marky Mark Calvin Klein underwear ad out of a magazine and put it up. We all had a good laugh and the manager said no more pictures of naked people. Sounds like you've worked with some real pricks. I'm sorry for that, I guess I've been lucky.

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Yea someone wants to look like a big man - it bothers me because I'm the type that will respond in real life and it's my work.... And of course mr victor Newman Jr. and his butt kissers know that. ? And I have to be around him a lot. Besides that he also tells dirty jokes repeatedly and bangs and breaks stuff. 

Besides that he also tells dirty jokes repeatedly and bangs and breaks stuff. 

Jesus, that sucks. I'd be tempted to retaliate. What kind of nasty rumor could be started that would absolutely destroy him?

• Love 6

Nooo valley! Don't do that! This is a place for Preverts to unburden themselves to friends. I love your posts and I like learning about people, their thoughts and ideas are to be treasured. If I couldn't come in here and bitch and moan in such a warm and accepting environment I don't know what I'd do. Hang in there, I know it must be frustrating to be stuck in the house, especially in the summer. Vent all you want!

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

ok, i think i have to apologize..

i have been incredibly bored lately, staying at home 99% of the time is really getting to me and i am sorry if i am posting too much "about me"...i will try and curb my posting.

Oh no I love it. I feel like this group is like chatting with friends. I really enjoy hearing what you guys are up to and your thoughts on things. 

• Love 10

When people share their life experiences, it lets you know you're not alone. The workplace asshole seems to be making a strong comeback in North America, to the point where experts are considering naming it an invasive species. 

I used to get called in to help with shop jobs. The money really came in handy, as cars inexplicably refuse to pay for themselves, along with food, electricity and the like. One day, Mr. Shop Man asked me to help move a heavy piece of metal; I said I'd try. I could not move it an inch, and the expected mocking ensued. Suddenly, I'm not getting calls for work anymore. The newly hired spouse of a new employee is getting all the sweet hours, ahead of me and another woman with seniority. Spouse lady isn't better at the job than we rejects, but suddenly she's working a lot and getting trained on all sorts of equipment. Now, I did observe that Spouse Lady was able to help ShopAss lift something heavy. The support work involves no lifting, so I don't why that should make a difference. I mean surely I wouldn't get fucked over due to something so stupid? It's bizarre and upsetting.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Not even 7 am and a male coworker said under his breath "shut the fuck up" to me while some other guys stood there and laughed. 

I need to find another job. 

Oh, Petunia :( Can you go to your HR department about this? At least document the incidents, so you have a timeline of when things happen.

• Love 3

we have 300 employees and like a hundred ex employees. But myriad locations ---the point is to single out this one and a certain middle manager. I think I'm the only one who would even think of doing something like this & with the type vocab and ways I'll break down this bullshitt so the director will know it's me. And he would be on fire if I included his higher on a copy. So I dunno but I'll think of something. 

• Love 4

Do you like the job enough to go to the trouble?  Sometimes it's just better to walk away from hostile environments, but if you actually like the work, then it's worth fighting for.  Otherwise, I'd be looking for something else, anything else, just to get myself out of there.

It sucks that a couple of jerks are putting you in this situation.    

• Love 5

O.k. Petunia ( and anyone else who wants to know) One day I was sitting in my shop and I get a call from Microsoft. I was located in Bellevue WA and I sent tons of flowers to Microsoft for private parties and big events. They had admired some of the arrangements and Bill wanted me to send Melinda something to the house every week. The only condition was that she doesn't like tuberoses. So every Thursday day afternoon, after everything was done in the shop, I would settle in to make something for the wife of one of the richest men in the world. No pressure. I never made the same thing twice and took inspiration from everything I could find. Works of art, nature and cool stuff from the local gardens. The arrangements weren't huge or ostentatious, but I tried  make them really interesting. There was no card, so no poetry or declarations of love.

• Love 7

I actually like tuberoses. They aren't my fave ever but I like them. I like lots of kinds of flowers though. I bet being a floral designer is very fulfilling. I enjoy giving flowers and plants to my mom about once a week.  

There's some weird errors on my screen today with this site. I tried it with my iPhone and w a iPod touch. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I actually like tuberoses. They aren't my fave ever but I like them. I like lots of kinds of flowers though. I bet being a floral designer is very fulfilling. I enjoy giving flowers and plants to my mom about once a week.  

There's some weird errors on my screen today with this site. I tried it with my iPhone and w a iPod touch. 

It's very fulfilling and it's also physically hard work. I get my creativity out now by gardening and baking. Sometimes I miss it, but with my bad hips, I just can't do it any more.

/What is this stupid error message I keep (and I assume others)  getting at the bottom of the page?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

PLT, apparently there is a statue in seattle too, have u heard about it there?

i keep getting that error message too, i just ignore it and hit submit reply.

No, you know after I saw your post I immediately ran to dig our paper out of the recycle bin. Nope. Probably happened after they had already gone to print. It is however, on a competing Seattle publication's website. Lololol!

/I have been ignoring the error message, but it's annoying.

//How is your hip situation?

• Love 6

hip is doing pretty well, haven't taken any pain meds in well over a week..still can lay on my left side yet tho, i accidentally turned over in bed to that side and immediately regretted it...

dh bought me a walker from canadian tire the other day.  we will be taking back the stuff from the red cross soon plus the one he rented from the mobility store.  i like the new one better.  it is lighter than the one he rented.  the one from the red cross only has 2 wheels in the front and 2 ski's on the back and is the one the hospital people recommended for when i first came home.

decided to just buy one cause when my ra acts up, it is debilitating and the pain makes it hard to walk.

and, it's income tax deductible :D

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

It's very fulfilling and it's also physically hard work. I get my creativity out now by gardening and baking. Sometimes I miss it, but with my bad hips, I just can't do it any more.

/What is this stupid error message I keep (and I assume others)  getting at the bottom of the page?

At my work they have training and classes in introductory floral arrangement I think it'll be so cool to learn about even as a beginner. i guessed why earlier it would be fulfilling because you are doing something extremely creative like making a painting and sculpture of living things and enable others to express profound emotions by doing so. 

Yea this error message is really weird it made me worry. I have had problems with the site working before.

Non Sequitur but last week I had Swedish Fish flavored Oreos and they were pretty good. ? I also had cotton candy grapes. 

ETA @valleycliffe I'm glad your recovery is coming along and your hubby is being helpful. Does it require lots of rest combined with physical therapy? 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

At my work they have training and classes in introductory floral arrangement I think it'll be so cool to learn about even as a beginner. i guessed why earlier it would be fulfilling because you are doing something extremely creative like making a painting and sculpture of living things and enable others to express profound emotions by doing so. 

You should totally take the training, if you can. I went to a professional florists school full time for six months. It was very intensive, but half of it was learning floral store management, which I didn't really need so I could have just gone for three months. But I wanted the full diploma. In my whole life, I have never been happier than I was when I was at flower school.

Good to hear you are on the mend valley! Did you use a walker before the surgery? Are you always going to need it or just until you're fully healed?

• Love 6

yeah, i get lots of rest, can't do very much yet and when i do, i tire easily.

i haven't had any pt.  when i got my staples out, the dr. said they would let the hospital know that i could go to pt now, but i never heard from them.  i still remember the excercises from when i had the pins put in my hip from the fracture etc. so i just do them.  stairs - up with the good, down with the bad.

• Love 4

PLT, the only other time i had ever used a walker was when i fractured my hip and had pins put in...

NYC put out an official statement on twitter Re: statues in park

NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks , no matter how small..

• Love 10

in windsor ontario, there is a sandwich shop offering this to customers from across the border (sorry, don't know how to get the pic here)

AND THE HARD TO SWALLOW TRUMP SANDWICH

(*WHITE BREAD, FULL OF BALONEY w/RUSSIAN DRESSING & SMALL PICKLE)

apparently it is quite popular.

• Love 9

Lord hear our prayers. Please sustain Jewel when so many call upon her strength. Show Your grace and mercy to those who are suffering and infirm.

Amen

(((Jewel)))

Sorry about the merged posts. TPTB won't let me separate them for some reason.

Hawaiian Jesus climbing a wall.

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2016/08/jason-momoa-takes-part-in-a-climbing-contest-in-barcelona/

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

why is he called hawaiian jesus?

he sure is beautiful to look at and to give some ahem nasty thoughts...

little ole ladies included **blushes**

I don't know; Jason Momoa was born in Hawaii ... I've heard locals on Big Island refer to random long-hair surfer guys as Hawaiian Jesus, so I always thought of it as a nickname. Whoever is behind the Hawaiian Jesus Tumblr site, they picked the right name. I once saw Jason Momoa with friends at a surfing tournament at Waimea Bay, and the crowd parted like the Red Sea as they made their way down the beach. He was friendly and gracious with the fans, took some pictures and moved on. He's just as gorgeous and natural in person. <fanning self>

There is a brand of sandal sold everywhere in Hawaii known as the Hawaiian Jesus Sandal, made by Pali

a67a7de0b17d95d7ea34dec8a5c85773.jpg

Jason Momoa's Instagram is charming. He's totally smitten with his wife and children, working hard at his craft, entirely himself, a man invested in the world and the people in it.

https://www.instagram.com/prideofgypsies/?hl=en

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I don't know; Jason Momoa was born in Hawaii ... I've heard locals on Big Island refer to random long-hair surfer guys as Hawaiian Jesus, so I always thought of it as a nickname. Whoever is behind the Hawaiian Jesus Tumblr site, they picked the right name. I once saw Jason Momoa with friends at a surfing tournament at Waimea Bay, and the crowd parted like the Red Sea as they made their way down the beach. He was friendly and gracious with the fans, took some pictures and moved on. He's just as gorgeous and natural in person. <fanning self>

There is a brand of sandal sold everywhere in Hawaii known as the Hawaiian Jesus Sandal, made by Pali

a67a7de0b17d95d7ea34dec8a5c85773.jpg

Jason Momoa's Instagram is charming. He's totally smitten with his wife and children, working hard at his craft, entirely himself, a man invested in the world and the people in it.

https://www.instagram.com/prideofgypsies/?hl=en

Lisa Bonet is nothing to sneeze at.

• Love 5