Type keyword(s) to search

Eastenders (BBC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/7/2021 at 4:15 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Hi Janine!  I LOVED, when Chelsea said she'd kill for Janine's shoes, Denise's dry retort that murder's probably how Janine got them.

I finally got to these episodes this week. The one liners and retorts, oh my goodness. I think somebody in the writers room must have watched the original version of "The Women" for inspiration.

Janine was always one of my faves, so I am looking forward to this. 

• Love 1

If Gray ever gets what's coming to him, I really hope Whitney tells off the entire Square.  He was abusing 2 wives in front of the entire Square and nothing.   When Chelsea has a hurt hand, no one remembered Chantelle also broke her arm?  

Excellent acting and storytelling regarding Gray’s demise. Went on for a while but at least he more or less confessed to all 3 murders.  Thought for sure Whitney was going to get hurt when she confronted him on the overhead walkway/railway. Let’s  hope Keerat gets released soon or we’ll see some jailhouse confrontations between him and Gray. 

I want to know why I haven't been able to watch this week's episodes on Britbox.  Same was happening with Emmerdale and Coronation Street, but they finally showed up.   So where's Eastenders?

On 3/17/2022 at 5:18 AM, sas616 said:

I want to know why I hThey''aven't been able to watch this week's episodes on Britbox.  Same was happening with Emmerdale and Coronation Street, but they finally showed up.   So where's Eastenders?

I was able to watch episodes on Britbox directly this week - I signed up for a trial because they hadn't been posted on the Prime Video portal.  When I looked at the Prime page earlier today, this week's episodes had been posted.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:35 AM, M. Darcy said:

Very sad news.  June Brown has passed away. 

I was holding out hope that she would be able to come back to EE under the new showrunner, even if for a brief appearance.  So sad to lose such a legend.

Don't really watch the show, just a couple of clips here and there. But I must say I love the concept of the Jackson family. Four kids with four different dads. Such fertile potential for stories. Combine that with legendary characters like Bianca, Carol, and Sonia and you probably have one of the most fascinating family dynamics in tv history.

Aw Frankie's exit today - including her adopting the Carter surname as she embarks on her new adventure - was sweet.  As someone who really came into EastEnders during the Age of the Carters, it's sad that there's so few left.

Speaking of Carter offspring, I didn't buy Janine's handling of her pregnancy.  I think she'd be much more likely to a) use the baby to lock Mick down, partiuclarly with Linda still in the mix or b) would have an aborition not because of Mick, but because she has no interest in being a mom again (didn't Michael have to like beg her to keep Scarlett?).  I do think there's no way this baby is being born, so maybe we're heading towards Janine losing it, but then faking that she's still pregnant to keep Mick on the hook?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do think there's no way this baby is being born, so maybe we're heading towards Janine losing it, but then faking that she's still pregnant to keep Mick on the hook?

I like this, I can picture Linda ripping out the pillow from underneath Janine's maternity blouse.

On 10/12/2022 at 2:11 PM, M. Darcy said:

Maybe people in Britain feel different, but I really hate Alfie.   I know Phil has his issues and is no saint, but I'd rather Kat end up with him than Alfie.   

I like Alfie as comic relief, as a bartender, but as a husband and a father he's shit.  Phil also has major issues.  Kat should stay single and focus on her Kabs and her Kids.

• Love 2

Just watched the Christmas 2022 episode and I’m crying. I know he wanted off the show but holy hell, what an ending. I hope Janine spends the rest of her life in prison. Poor Linda. And Lola is breaking my heart.  So nice to hear Fairytale of New York.

Edited by Oosala
Added last sentence.
  • Love 1

Poor Shirley, I realized watching this episode that she's lost Tina and Mick in one year.  At least she got to take her grief out on Janine's neck, her throttling the hell out of her was delightful.

And there's a delicious irony to it that Janine's been taken down this time because her own daughter refuses to lie.  I am confused why Sonia is involved here, she and Janine aren't related in any way, right?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

am confused why Sonia is involved here, she and Janine aren't related in any way, right?

My friend and I are also clueless as to why Sonia is friends with Janine. I don’t know why anyone would be friends with Janine. I don’t think they are related in any way but there is a huge gap between when I watched EE on public TV in the U.S. and when I started watching it on BritBox. 

Sonia's sister, Bianca, was married to Janine's brother Ricky, and has a couple of children by him. That's the only connection between them, as far as I know, beyond that they all grew up on Albert Square (except that Janine didn't, really, as she spent most of her childhood living with her oldest sister, Claire, rather than with her father).

Edited by Llywela
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Llywela said:

Sonia's sister, Bianca, was married to Janine's brother Ricky, and has a couple of children by him.

THAT'S IT!  I vaguely remember it had something to do with Ricky.  Is he staying with Sonia now?  And can't they do something about Ricky's under-eye bags?  Hello, is this the Botox hotline?

On 10/17/2022 at 7:13 AM, sugarbaker design said:

I like Alfie as comic relief, as a bartender, but as a husband and a father he's shit.

Right there with you @sugarbaker design.  Is it just me or has he always been so hyper?  It's like he's manic or something with his overacting.  I guess he's reverted back to his days flogging dodgy gear from his pitch on the square.  Take it DOWN a notch, Alfie.

• Like 1

Me again.  I watch EastEnders on BritBox.  I'm curious as to how many days/weeks will pass before they change the splash screen on the EastEnders webpage.  No reason to keep showing Mick and Linda.  None.

(edited)
7 hours ago, Oosala said:

Did Lola die today?🥲

No, she has another couple of weeks to go. The end is near, though - May 31, I believe.

Edited by Llywela
typo
  • Thanks 1

I just started watching again (I couldn't handle Whitney's baby and then Lola's decline), and I'm really liking the Knights. Keeping my fingers crossed that George isn't the body from the Christmas flash forward. 

• Like 1

So what annoys me about this Rose stuff is that they all act like they've never heard of a mother just up and leaving her family. Really Linda? This is so unfathomable to you that George must have murdered her? Phil being all "he lied to me" Or Phil...he really doesn't know what happened to her. The fact that she has a locked down police file and he's still walking free with his children should point to them having no good evidence that he did anything wrong and that the issue was likely with her. I know soap characters have to be stupid sometimes, but I'll be glad when they resolve this. 

Ben is the worst. Can Jay keep custody of Lexi instead? That poor child deserves better than Ben and I'm glad Billy chewed him out.

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

The fact that she has a locked down police file

Does England have an equivalent to the US's witness protection program? 

Spoiler

Rumor has it that Rose is really Cindy Beale and she's due to return. I have no idea why -I have no idea what happened with Cindy -I missed those years (thanks PBS!)

I'm now leaning toward the body with the cufflinks in the Christmas Eve preview being Vinnie. I'm convinced it's a Panesar based on how the other women look at Suki. I have no problem with it being Vinnie -or any of the Panesar men, to be honest, except Kheerat, I think he's ok, but he's in prison, so that's highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

Ben is the worst. Can Jay keep custody of Lexi instead? That poor child deserves better

Right? Fortunately Lexi doesn't seem like she wants to leave Jay's

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Ben is the worst. Can Jay keep custody of Lexi instead? That poor child deserves better than Ben and I'm glad Billy chewed him out.

The absolute worst!  Between insulting his husband and his mother, and seeking miracle cures stateside, he's totally useless.  My favorite moment of the week that Lola passed was when after Ben came home from the US, crying in Jay's living room, when Jay asks "Are you going to ask about Lexi?". Boom!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm now leaning toward the body with the cufflinks in the Christmas Eve preview being Vinnie. I'm convinced it's a Panesar based on how the other women look at Suki. I have no problem with it being Vinnie -or any of the Panesar men, to be honest, except Kheerat, I think he's ok, but he's in prison, so that's highly unlikely. 

Ugh, Vinnie! He's wayyy too old to be going on and on about how they need to be a happy family with his parents together. The only downside to him being the body at Christmas is that we have to put up with him until Christmas! 

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

The absolute worst!  Between insulting his husband and his mother, and seeking miracle cures stateside, he's totally useless.  My favorite moment of the week that Lola passed was when after Ben came home from the US, crying in Jay's living room, when Jay asks "Are you going to ask about Lexi?". Boom!

He's so selfish and dramatic. I don't know why any of them put up with him! Is his bulimia new or is he relapsing? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Does England have an equivalent to the US's witness protection program? 

Reveal spoiler

Rumor has it that Rose is really Cindy Beale and she's due to return. I have no idea why -I have no idea what happened with Cindy -I missed those years (thanks PBS!)

Yes the UK does have an equivalent which is what I think is going on here. Being an ex boxer I have no doubt he knows plenty of dodgy people & she probably overheard or saw something.

• Like 2
(edited)

I'm new so this is the first I've really seen of any of these returning characters, beyond a few clips over the last few days. I'm liking Ian, Cindy, and Peter so far. I hope Ian tells Cindy that George and the girls are in Walford before they go there, but it probably wouldn't be a soap if he communicated logically like that 😆 I'm not sure how to feel about her still kind of pining for George because I do like he and Elaine together. It's probably too much to hope there won't be an affair story down the road. 

Lauren seems annoying. Is she also returning full time eventually? Louie was a cutie though! 

Oh! Can someone fill me in on why Bobby and Ian don't talk? Is it because of Lucy?

Edited by Jenniferbug
5 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Oh! Can someone fill me in on why Bobby and Ian don't talk? Is it because of Lucy?

I missed those years, but I do know that Bobby killed Lucy, I think accidentally. There is a website https://eastenders.fandom.com/wiki/EastEndersWiki Where you can find a lot of information about the characters past and present -including "kill count" 

https://walfordweb.com/ also has a lot of info and chat forums

• Useful 1

Rocky, Kathy, and Jasper the parrot make me smile! 

I'm enjoying the friendship between Phil and George. It doesn't feel forced at all to me and the actors work well together. 

Was this the first we've heard of a George Junior? Apparently he's not Cindy's child. 

I'm still liking the Knight girls. They were really sweet to Jay, even Gina who can be a bit prickly. She and Jay could potentially make a fun couple someday. He seems more like someone she'd be interested in than Freddie. 

Jay seems to be the only stable one right now so I doubt that will last long, poor guy. 

I wish they'd stop making Ravi quite so villainous. He's a good character, but I think keeping him more gray gives him longevity. If he actually ends up hurting or killing Finlay, that's too far. Especially over Vinny being a dumbass who deserves any consequences he gets for his idiocy.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 6/26/2023 at 5:53 PM, Jenniferbug said:

I wish they'd stop making Ravi quite so villainous. He's a good character, but I think keeping him more gray gives him longevity. If he actually ends up hurting or killing Finlay, that's too far. Especially over Vinny being a dumbass who deserves any consequences he gets for his idiocy.

I so agree.  Vandalizing a lovable character's business like Finlay's is not the act of a gray character.  That is total black hat.  Ravi winking at Fin with that little shit Vinny by his side was gross.  I hope Finlay uses his newfound info to his advantage.  At this point all the cool Panesars, like Ash and Kirat, are off-screen, and all we're left with is the dregs.

Edited to add:

I hope a meteor hits the Panesar household while everyone's there for dinner, except for Nuggz.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 2

I get that they don't have the actors that play them, and I get that Linda can't be off-screen for Christmas given The Six of it all, but all three adult Carter kids ditching the first Christmas since Mick's death via cold-as-ice text messages?  Nah.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 1

it better not be more of a cliff hanger.

Phil still has the cuff-links? will he give them to Keanu as a gift, on his wedding day to Sharon? Will he give them back to Nish? (less likely) Both are horrible actors, imo, and won't be missed, but if it's not Nish, I hope he meets his demise, somehow, soon