Type keyword(s) to search

Eastenders (BBC) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I know when I want a realistic TV show I usually go to The Wire, Band of Brothers and Eastenders.  ;)

Admittedly you're right, it was a bad choice of word, should have said unbelievable or just left it at awful writing as not much is realistic anyway.

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

Admittedly you're right, it was a bad choice of word, should have said unbelievable or just left it at awful writing as not much is realistic anyway.

Total agreement about unbelievable.  Keanu was strangling Sharon in a pub for heaven's sake, why couldn't Linda grab a bottle, like Denise did?  Why was a knife on a table in the hallway anyway?

However I did enjoy the fake-outs on the Xmas episode.  Is it Dean?  No, he left.  Is it Nish?  Oh wait a minute, here's Keanu!  Oh look!  Nish is breathing.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Total agreement about unbelievable.  Keanu was strangling Sharon in a pub for heaven's sake, why couldn't Linda grab a bottle, like Denise did?  Why was a knife on a table in the hallway anyway?

However I did enjoy the fake-outs on the Xmas episode.  Is it Dean?  No, he left.  Is it Nish?  Oh wait a minute, here's Keanu!  Oh look!  Nish is breathing.

I think that was from George cooking for the wedding before he went to Ian's. 

Shouldn't there be bruise marks on Sharon's neck? and wouldn't the police have noticed them? 

I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't call Callum in on the investigation

10 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think that was from George cooking for the wedding before he went to Ian's. 

Good catch!

Shouldn't there be bruise marks on Sharon's neck? and wouldn't the police have noticed them? 

Sharon just bought a turtleneck at Whitney's stall!  ;)  Or she borrowed a boa from Felix.

I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't call Callum in on the investigation

It's early yet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Any idea why he's been fired?

who he?

from what I've read, Brian Conley (Rocky) is leaving because of a contract dispute.

As far as Danny Walters (Keanu) or Navin Chowdhry (Nish- one can hope) I hadn't read anything about either of them leaving the show, but then it was meant to be a big Christmas Day Episode reveal. 

IMO, both are bad actors, and I wouldn't mind seeing either or both leave the show. It is a shame to lose Rocky after redeeming himself. He had become quite likeable, and he and Kathy had good chemistry

5 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

who he?

from what I've read, Brian Conley (Rocky) is leaving because of a contract dispute.

As far as Danny Walters (Keanu) or Navin Chowdhry (Nish- one can hope) I hadn't read anything about either of them leaving the show, but then it was meant to be a big Christmas Day Episode reveal. 

IMO, both are bad actors, and I wouldn't mind seeing either or both leave the show. It is a shame to lose Rocky after redeeming himself. He had become quite likeable, and he and Kathy had good chemistry

"He" being the person mentioned in the hidden spoiler above my post. 

On 1/19/2024 at 7:28 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Why is Nish walking with a limp and a cane when he was hit on the head from behind?

I was wondering the same thing.  Makes no sense.   Did he break a hip or something when he fell to the floor?  

• Like 1
On 1/21/2024 at 9:51 AM, sas616 said:

Did he break a hip or something when he fell to the floor?  

Heh, maybe Suki kicked him a few times while he was unconscious. 

• Wink 1
(edited)

I'm a daily watcher, even though I don't really enjoy the show.  The acting can be really atrocious, the writing is nuts, but every once in a blue moon, the writing and the acting are out of this world.  I've been really enjoying the performances this week of Colin Salmon as George Knight (I always want to refer to him as George Knightley!, damn you Jane Austen!)  George's unusual upbringing has the been the launching pad of some excellent scenes with the actors who play his daughter Gina, and his parents.  I actually can not wait to get home to watch tonight's episode.

• Like 3

Wow, tonight's episode was phenomenal.   Yolande has pretty much been a supporting character, but the actress was just brilliant.  Hope she gets nominated for an award, she deserves it.  And kudos to the scriptwriter for addressing all the aspects the victim deals with through the flashback scenes.   Just an amazing episode.  

• Like 1