Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: The Other Girl in New Orleans

After learning that Cami's life is in danger and Aurora may be to blame, Klaus is forced to engage in another one of her devious games and follows a series of clues she's left behind for him. Meanwhile, Elijah, Freya and Hayley take drastic measures against Tristan when they discover he holds a valuable piece of information they need. Elsewhere, Aya gives Marcel an ultimatum that leaves him with a difficult decision to make, while tensions between Hayley and Jackson cause her to reevaluate her involvement in Mikaelson family matters.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I know everyone hates Cami but I absolutely love her and Klaus together. So, Freya contacts Finn, I wonder which of them will be the family member to betray the Michaelsons?

Edited by missbonnie
  • Love 3

I also love Cami and Klaus together.

Cami really only works with Klaus and to a lesser extent Vincent. Now Aurora, I hate that bitch. I don't think she has any chemistry with Klaus at all. She in no way resembles a Mikaelson sister so I can't imagine that Klaus would be attracted to her.

• Love 1

Whoa. Hello there, Finn. Lookin' good.

But seriously, the relationship between Finn and Freya is so interesting to me. He's the only Original that knew her before my beloved Dahlia took her away, they had a close relationship as the elder siblings of the family, she still wears the pendant that contains him (his soul? essence? I don't even know!).

Ya'll know I cannot stand Cami but I did smirk when her psychoanalysis of Aurora seemed to unnerve her. I will never tire of Elijah fighting while wearing an impeccable suit. I hope Marcel knows what he's doing re: the Strix. At first I thought the Strix were a promising adversary but I still find them (and Lucien, Tristan and Aurora) SO BORING.

So could the only reason why Klaus was able to mind read the set of coordinates from Aurora's boring mind was because she was so utterly devastated by his confession that he did not love her, they were not and never were soulmates, blah blah?

I know the Strix are supposed to be badass and bad guys but they are SO BORING to me. Elijah must be deeply ashamed at how lame they are. Aya and Tristan act like they've got swagger but I find them to be nothing more than bossy bullies.

The biggest surprise in this episode was that Klaus finally told Aurora what he really thinks of her. It didn't seem like a great idea to be that honest, given that she's a vindicative lunatic, as Lucian pointed out. Now he has put an even bigger target on both Cami and his entire family.

After Cami confessed to beating the crap out of her roommate's ex-boyfriend, I expected Aurora to give her a Spike-ish, "Ooh, I like you."

I found Finn very nondescript on TVD (to the point where I couldn't really remember what he looked like when he was mentioned earlier in the episode) but he looked pretty hot at the end of this episode. I actually checked IMDB to see if they had recast him. What the hell happened between TVD and now to make him so much hotter? Ha, it's probably because he hasn't opened his ass kissing momma's boy mouth yet.

But who cares if Finn knew Tristan and didn't think that he was an ass? What does that prove? Just that Tristan wasn't a dick to Finn, which isn't the most ringing endorsement.

I know everyone hates Cami but I absolutely love her and Klaus together.

Here's the thing, I do not care about Cami AT ALL in her own right, and I am not *invested* in the relationship she has with Klaus, but, for whatever reason, they seem to think EVERYONE is invested in Cami and a Cami/Klaus romance. Yet what I've admired about the show is that Cami/Klaus really are NOT a romance and she said as much tonight, but I don't think Plec/Narducci really want us to believe that, they want us to think Cami is THE ONE, but Joseph and Leah have something pretty rare on TV an incredibly well done TOTALLY platonic friendship, I do think Cami can help him (and has helped him) be a better person, but not because he wants to deserve her love, but precisely because he does respect and trust her w/o desiring or being attracted to her in any way. If Klaus had real romantically charged feelings for Cami, he actually WOULD have killed the guy she beat up. 

I mean if Joseph/Leah had an once of sexual/romantic chemistry I'd be all over their story as a romance, but Cami is barely a character, and they don't have that chemistry.

As for Haley, I also still don't give a shit about her, but as ever she's improved when she's around Elijah, and I though the writing for her situation with Jack and The Pack was really good, he knew what he was getting into, her child is a Mikaelson and him running off and pouting about her loyalties to her daughter extended family (who bring danger to her life, but can also fiercely protect her like no others) was just kind of WTF. So I'm glad Haley stood her ground and honored her long term relationships over essentially a marriage of convenience and some supernatural bs about pack loyalty. Haley ain't loyal to wolves, that's why she has a kid by Klaus in the first place.

As for the rest of the episode I found it like much of this season a mixed bag: everything Marcel was wonderful, but  much like over on TVD a raft of tedious characters (Lucien, Aurora in particular) are eating up the screen time of people I like better (Marcel, Vincent, Davina). I do like The Strix, but they can kill off all three of the faux Originals. 

I guess I'm intrigued about Finn, does he have actual form? Did she yank him from the ether and when Esther did it she had to plop their souls in an already occupied body, guess Freya's more powerful? He looked hot though with that haircut, hopefully he's had personality upgrade!

• Love 2

I'm preferring Lucien and Aurora more so than the people we're supposed to like. Lucien being all "let Cami die" I loved, cheered him on as well as Aurora calling Cami out on being a fake. 

Jackson's grandma should have asked Haley, who's supposed to protect Hope when she's almost dead playing with Elijah and saving them next door.

Finn!

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

I also love Cami and Klaus together.

I still want Klaus to be the one Caroline is with for real 3 years in the future. 

I would prefer Klaus and Cami to stay confidants, I think that works well for them. It's a friendship that he needs. I hope it stays that way. 

Edited by mccartygirl
  • Love 1

I still want Klaus to be the one Caroline is with for real 3 years in the future.

I would prefer Klaus and Cami to stay confidants, I think that works well for them. It's a friendship that he needs. I hope it stays that way.

This all day everyday.

Please, if anyone involved with TO reads this, I beg you not to pair Cami with Klaus. Joseph Morgan pretty much exudes chemistry with everyone...except her. Friendship suits them best.

Meanwhile, my bitter Klaroline shipping heart will continue to hold on to hope.

Edited by TheHappinessHotel
  • Love 2

I don't know why when the subject of Hayley's marriage to Jackson comes up no one mentions that it wasn't a marriage of love, but one done to save the pack.  Why Grandma thinks Hayley should be behaving as if Jackson was someone she was in love with is beyond me.  The marriage was an ARRANGEMENT made to protect people, and yes, Jackson loves Hayley, and she cares about him, but to expect that marriage to function like a normal one would is just naive.  And Hayley is expected to be making nice on both sides BUT JACKSON ISN'T?  At every turn Jackson has tried to pull Hayley away from the family, as does his Grandmother......why are THEY not expected to make some overtures to try and make a better arrangement?

And this idea that if Hayley stays away from the family Hope will be safer is naive too.  Hope is Klaus' daughter and taking her away won't change that.  Taking Hope away from the family places her IN MORE DANGER than keeping her close to those who can best protect her.  And if Hayley falls while protecting her daughter or her daughter's family, it's as it should be..........would she not gladly fall to protect Jackson?  What's the difference?

• Love 4

She in no way resembles a Mikaelson sister so I can't imagine that Klaus would be attracted to her.

Ha! I do like Aurora, but I was very surprised she didn't look like Rebbeca like all other Klaus romantic interests. Klaus obsession with Rebecca's love life and women who look like her was a running theme to me, interesting they broke that pattern with Aurora.

Edited by Dorne2.0
On 12/8/2015 at 1:12 AM, boohiss13 said:

I don't know why when the subject of Hayley's marriage to Jackson comes up no one mentions that it wasn't a marriage of love, but one done to save the pack.  Why Grandma thinks Hayley should be behaving as if Jackson was someone she was in love with is beyond me.  The marriage was an ARRANGEMENT made to protect people, and yes, Jackson loves Hayley, and she cares about him, but to expect that marriage to function like a normal one would is just naive.  And Hayley is expected to be making nice on both sides BUT JACKSON ISN'T?  At every turn Jackson has tried to pull Hayley away from the family, as does his Grandmother......why are THEY not expected to make some overtures to try and make a better arrangement?

And this idea that if Hayley stays away from the family Hope will be safer is naive too.  Hope is Klaus' daughter and taking her away won't change that.  Taking Hope away from the family places her IN MORE DANGER than keeping her close to those who can best protect her.  And if Hayley falls while protecting her daughter or her daughter's family, it's as it should be..........would she not gladly fall to protect Jackson?  What's the difference?

Exactly. Their marriage was arranged and not based on romantic love. Not that they didn't have some affection or attraction to each other before the wedding, but as Haley stated Jackson KNEW everything before her married her. Why is he pouring like a little bitch?