Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Out of the Easy

With a dire prophecy looming over them, Klaus and Elijah invite Lucien, Tristan and Aurora to a Thanksgiving gathering in an attempt to negotiate a truce. When Aurora reveals that she has powerful leverage over Klaus, Hayley and Freya take matters into their own hands, leading to a deadly three-way confrontation. Elsewhere, Marcel and Vincent are forced to take drastic measures when they realize Davina may be in over her head, and Cami finds herself face-to-face with a dangerous new threat.

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6KHZxsb80s

Oh for crying out loud! Don't tease me show. Just kill Cami already! Come on Aurora you batshit crazy vampire....you can do it! Take out Haley while your at it.

I giggled with delight at Klaus and Elijah being so eager to have that dinner. I loved Klaus' exasperated "Freya" when she snapped Aurora's neck and really the whole thing was just pretty darn fun. I'm enjoying this season.

Vincent and Marcel however....don't you think that's a bit extreme guys? Poor Davina.

• Love 2

I loved the bored/annoyed look on Freya's face when she lifted her glass for Klaus's toast. I didn't like her last season but this year she is cracking me up. I liked her teaming up with Hayley to torture Aurora into giving Rebekah back. Man, when Aurora laughed and said the pain kind of tickled, I was like yup, she's batshit. I know the show has made that pretty clear but she seemed to have her crazy under control when she got back to New Orleans. She's been very methodical and calm, but that was the first time I saw the underlying crazy bubbling just below the surface.

Poor Davina. I know that Vincent and Marcel were ultimately trying to keep her safe but that was really harsh to expose her hired assassination and get her shunned from the community. But to be honest, she said they didn't respect her as a leader (and she hadn't really had much contact with them after the remaining harvest girls were killed until she was made regent). As painful as it is going to be for her to get over this, I think in the long run this is a good thing because she was so cocky and ruthless when she told Vincent that if someone got in her way again, she would kill them too. Damn, girl.

What I never understood is how involved the ancestors are. There have been instances where the ancestors refused to let a witch do something (like cast a particular spell). This week Davina said that the ancestors told her about the Strix. So does the regent have a witchy conference call once a week? If they see and know everything, then they know that Davina had Hayley kill that other witch which is a huge no no, but they didn't take away her magic or anything.

I have such conflicting feelings about the Cami scenes. On the one hand, her character is so useless and I've been hoping for someone to kill her off since the beginning of S1. On the other hand, I don't want to see the ensuing Klaus angst that would inevitably follow her death. Since she is the only regular human left on the show, she really is the weak link so I liked that she came up with a plan to escape. Anton can suck it for ordering her to fetch him a beer. When he used his vamp speed to block her, I was like dude, you are an even bigger dick for doing that right after your lazy ass sent her to go get you a beer!

I was kind of surprised that Klaus didn't go along with Tristan's plan to dagger Elijah. You have to admit that this particular plan had merit since duh, Klaus daggers his siblings as often as he changes his shoes. But I think Klaus realized that daggering Elijah would leave him completely alone and therefore even more vulnerable to any diabolical plan that Tristan, Lucien, and Aurora might hatch to lock him up too. Plus it's just classic Klaus - you back him into a corner and he doubles down.

Why did Tristan keep saying that Elijah only had to be daggered for a year? I don't remember hearing a deadline when Lucien's witch originally told them the prophecy. And who's to say that if he daggered Elijah for a year that the future visions wouldn't change to say, "Well, it's definitely going to happen - if not this year, then some time in the next century"?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Elijah chiding Klaus about the walnuts made my night. LOL

Re:Tristan saying Elijah had to be daggered for a year, I may be recalling this incorrectly but is it because Lucien's witch said that within a year the remaining Mikaelson vampires would all be betrayed and killed? 

I am so tired of Lucien, Tristan and Aurora already. I had hopes for them at first but they're just boring, not as bad as the Heretics on TVD but still...boring. I find it fun to watch Elijah and Klaus scheming and plotting but when these three do it, I just see them as scrambling to be Elijah and Klaus' equals. Like little brats pretending to be grown ups.

Thank God Vincent is back although the way he and Marcel planned to have Davina ousted was mean. I know it was to ultimately save her from the Brat Triumvirate and the Strix but still. I really hope he is not chosen as the new regent and thus, become the target of the brats and Strix.

Liking Freya more and more as my disdain and hate for Hayley and Cami continues to rise. At least Cami can sometimes work brain cells, like when she cut off Anton's fingers to remove his ring and render him powerless in the sunlight. Re: Hayley, I was actually hoping Aurora would kill her out of jealousy over Klaus, dare I dream she do so to Cami now that she has her? Heh heh

• Love 2

I like Aurora so much better than Haley and Cami. Aurora's fun and perfect with Klaus.

Hayley's an idiot for never putting Jackson  for all her claims about loving Hope and family she couldn't bother to attend her daughters first Thanksgiving. He deserves better than her. I think he should have taken Hope though, he was the only one really caring to raise her. 

• Love 1

I was super glad Jackson had his eyes open and got over his Haley coma....b/c I can't take his marble mouth and maybe this means he'll leave for good. I think it is unfair to say he cares more for Hope than the rest. They have all had turns of caring for her and lets be real the main reason is they don't want a child in the main mix so it is written this way to keep her off screen.

I don't find Klaus' feelings for Aurora believiable. It is common for a person to be attracted to the same type over and over and Klaus has a thing for in charge calm control freaks. Aurora just isn't his type. This makes them have little romantic chemistry for me.

I've always found Davina too smug for my taste so I liked the takedown. In general the witches on OT are very bitchy and annoying. Maybe now she will be a little less smug.

I don't find Klaus' feelings for Aurora believiable. It is common for a person to be attracted to the same type over and over and Klaus has a thing for in charge calm control freaks. Aurora just isn't his type. This makes them have little romantic chemistry for me.

I agree. That's not even just Klaus's romantic type, it seems like that's the type of person he likes generally. All his closest friends are like that, including Marcel and Elijah. And way back on Vampire Diaries, he seemed to have a gigantic crush on Stefan, who's the same type, too.

Although, I can see Klaus and Aurora rampaging all over the place and making bad decisions together. It's not that I don't think they would get along at all. Klaus can also be so weak-willed and influenced by the people he's around, and Aurora is so intense -- I can see him getting swept up in all her intense emotions and intense "adventures" pretty easily. Plus, she seems to REALLY like him. Klaus constantly needs attention and validation and Aurora seems like she would give it to him in spades, just because of her personality (which like I said, is really intense imo). So I think they seem like a really plausible "whirlwind romance." I don't think they're a plausible OTP, though. And they do have this awkwardly glaring lack of romantic chemistry, tbh. I really like Aurora and hope she sticks around, but maybe not as a love interest for Klaus (imo).

I would actually be more interested in a storyline about Freya and Klaus's relationship. They're interesting together, I guess because their personalities are pretty similar.

I've always found Davina too smug for my taste so I liked the takedown. In general the witches on OT are very bitchy and annoying. Maybe now she will be a little less smug.

I agree.

• Love 2

The New Orleans witches are the worst.  With everything they end up doing to each other-they do not need enemies.  Why would anyone want to be a New Orleans witch?

Couldn't Klaus just compel Tristian & Aurora to tell them the lat/long (or are they on Vervain and I just ignored that?  And then kill them?  Elijah's plan sounded fun though! Also, Aurora- Cookie Lyon ruined the dinner table with much more style.  

I still kind of enjoy Lucien's smart-assedness...

So the only upsetting thing about Jackson leaving is now Hailey has more than enough time to bother Elijah. I am not happy with that development.  

Tristan and Aurora mentioned that they've made themselves immune to compulsion somehow after they got free of it, but I don't think it's Vervain, if it was the brothers would have just strung the 3 up and drained them like Klaus did to that one vampire early in the first season.

Cami actually does something other than sit around? It's a miracle! Mark the freaking calender! Declare a national holiday! Seriously though? Cami reminds me of human Elena, she has no agency of her own and sits around without so much at TRYING to do something while everybody else does whatever they want to her left and right, but even human Elena actually had point in existing in the actual story, Cami doesn't.

Davina got EXACTLY what she deserved. She was a godawful leader, just ordering people around and expecting them to instantly obey, then going and killing the one that doesn't. Davina has more in common with Klaus than she is probably willing to admit.

Finally got around to watching this episode and by the ratings it's looks like I'm not the only one with this not on their must see list.

I'm at an impasse with this show....  While I'm really enjoying this season, I'm basically fast forwarding 60% of the show.  I haven't watched a Cami or Hayley scene all season and it has been fabulous. Downside I'm missing seeing Jason Dohring on my TV.   It just feel as if I'm watching the crazy Mikaelson's on TVD again... like I said, pretty awesome.

Not sure about Tristan but Aurora and Lucien are so enjoyable to watch. I'm finding Klaus's obvious discomfort with how strong and nutty Aurora is coming on hilariously hypocritical since he's the biggest nut bag creeper we know!  The man knows nothing of personal space.... literally or figuratively.

Oh for crying out loud! Don't tease me show. Just kill Cami already! Come on Aurora you batshit crazy vampire....you can do it! Take out Haley while your at it.

I agree with this whole heartedly!! Cannot stand either of them. 

Finally caught up on this season. I can't get over how much Davina and Aurora look alike. 

I love the "family" Thanksgiving.

Per usual I find Jackson's reactions completely absurd.  Hayley was wanting to assist in finding Hope's AUNT.....HER FAMILY.  Why is this difficult for Jackson to understand?  And his comments about her running whenever the family needs help.......uhhh, yes.......SHE'S PART OF THE FAMILY ASSHOLE, she should go running.  She's sacraficed a great deal for her pack, why is it so unbelieveable that she would sacrafice the same for another part of her family?  Once again, Jackson's reaction seems to be to be based only in the fact that he wants nothing to do with the Mikaelsons, HE wants nothing to do with them........and is totally ignoring the fact that THAT IS HOPE'S FATHER and by extension, Hayley's family too.  In fact, she has a far stronger familial bond to the Mikaelsons than she SHOULD have to her pack.. She has not one living blood relative and the ONLY reason she has ANY direct link to the pack is due to her sacraficing and marrying a man she didn't love to make them stronger.  Hope's BLOOD is Mikaelson blood.  So, at the VERY least Jackson should not only GET why Hayley feels she must help, HE SHOULD BE OFFERING TO HELP AS WELL.  Don't tell me that pathetic loser couldn't have waited for her to come home to then serve dinner for God's sake.

And even WORSE, the upcoming episode synopsis says that Hayley may rethink her helping of the Mikaelson's due to Jackson.  I'M SORRY BUT THIS IS BULLSHIT and I don't believe it for a second.  It's unrealistic bullshit like this that's ruining this show in my opinion.  I don't think for a second that Hayley's character would put up with the fact that Jackson is truly acting on his own hatred of the family to dictate whether or not she should be helping HOPE'S FAMILY AND HER'S.

• Love 3