Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: It Is Not, nor It Cannot Come to Good

That was a bit rocky. It was both too much and too little, because there were so many storylines but we didn't get to see people from S1. I don't think the flashbacks were handled very well. Also, the tone was too dour. If none of the characters are having fun, I'm not having fun.

• Love 2

I bingewatched the first season, so now I'm watching weekly. I don't know that this episode got me psyched for the rest of the season but I'm interested in the mystery of Simon's death, and who the domino organization is.

Loving Liam's hairstyle this season. So Ophelia's ticked off? Whatever, bye (for now). The polo girl they're clearly setting up as his next love interest looks similar (he has a type, I guess), but she doesn't seem to be as annoyingly plucky and wide-eyed (nor shady like Gemma), so I'm good with her for the moment. I liked her having Liam hold her plate as she filled it up.

Very Everwood season one with the security guy talking to his dead wife. I don't know that it'll work as well here. Because of his wife's comments, I'm thinking he's not doing Cyrus' bidding but then again, he did offer Liam a listening ear, which plays into Cyrus' plan.

So happy Beck is single and hopefully getting with Eleanor! I'm sure we're supposed to be rooting for her and Jasper but I'm not into them at all. Unfortunately for me, I know that things with Beck will probably go south and she'll get with Jasper because she loves the drama or whatever.

I don't really care for the maid but I liked her being tough for once. Wonder how she'll one up Cyrus. His daughters... will one of them get a total makeover thanks to plastic surgery? And what's the Queen up to, getting that anti-monarchy guy to court them?

While the dominatrix/Queen's assistant looked hot, I really didn't need to see that dude gagged and in his underpants, haha. Also didn't need to see Cyrus chomping on the swan's neck.

So the Queen and her mother know who this domino organization is, huh? Hmm.

Won't say much about the post-episode teaser trailer except to say that if they really want to surprise people, they should have Liam hook up with some guy... what looked like Eleanor and another girl isn't at all unexpected, black sheep party girl that she is. But my eyebrows would raise over Liam/Jasper, lol.

• Love 3

I liked this ep. It's good to have them all back. This show cracks me up. Best parts: lots of Jasper and no Ophelia. I'd like to see

Ophelia never come back. The actress who plays her bugs.

• Love 5

I liked last season's finale because it was just totally crazeballs, but this was... Mostly a hot mess. I'm not really sure what the hell is going on.

At least Cyrus isn't keeping Ted because of his comptency, because that is totally laughable. So is Ted hallucinating his dead wife? That's... weird. Not really sure where they are going with that.

Not missing Ophelia, or honestly Gemma. Sorry ladies. Are we supposed to know who the lady polo player was? And totally sincere question: do women play polo? And yay for Prudence taking a stand against Cyrus-- I really hope she pulls something off because Cyrus continues to be entirely loathesome. And speaking of Cyrus' offspring-- are they replacing the one sister? Or was it just supposed a joke because she had plastic surgery.

At least the eye candy does not disappoint! I like Liam's new haircut and the fact that he's teaming up with Jasper now.

• Love 1

I think they've backed themselves into a corner with this show. Is it going to be Cyrus is king & Liam & Eleanor keep looking for ways to prove he shouldn't be? That sounds pretty boring, just repeating the same things over & over. And what's with the secret organization? Either tell us what it is or move on. They need to get a new plot, & soon. 

I think they boxed themselves in by killing off Simon. I wish they would have left him comatose but not dead, with the possibility for a miraculous, soapy full recovery at any time.

The slow reveal of the secret organization doesn't bother me as long as we continue to make some progress (like learning this week that the queen and Joan Collins know the perpetrators). But enough with Liam staring blankly at the symbol on the coin/medallion!

Don't worry GaT, this is only the first episode of the new season. I'm sure all the plots will unfold in due time.

I like Prince Liam teaming up with Jasper very much. I think Jasper will make a good ally since for some reason he is in love with that spoiled brat of a princess. Princess Eleanor was correct to tell Liam that they should pretend to acquiesce to King Cyrus in order to get to stay in the palace to secretly investigate their father's murder. But otherwise Eleanor is a complete drug addicted mess. Liam is trying every way he can to find out what happened on the night of King Simons assassination and Eleanor does nothing but party, drink and get high. Seriously that girl needs to get her act together before she kills herself. The way she is right now, not even Jasper or Beck can help her.

I loved Joan Collins making an appearance on this show. She looks completely comfortable and confident around that idiot Cyrus. I bet Duchy is also pulling Queen Helena strings. I think Duchess Alexandra knows all about Domino. I can't wait for next week's episode!

My guilty pleasure is back!

I like Prince Liam teaming up with Jasper very much. I think Jasper will make a good ally since for some reason he is in love with that spoiled brat of a princess.

I also wondered if Jasper got some of the story lines that might have otherwise gone to Marcus, since that actor isn't coming back. Edited by Scott

Admittedly I was only half-watching, but I was really confused at some parts. What did they say happened to Gemma? She got engaged to someone else? Also, the one daughter of Cyrus's handing a drink to a gloved hand and later showed her with a facial mask....is the actress being replaced?

I'm one of maybe five people in the viewing audience who likes Ophelia, so I missed her. I like her chemistry with Liam and I admit I enjoy the American-girl-dates-a-prince trope a lot. It's cliche but I eat it right up.

Agreed they've written themselves into a corner with the paternity debacle. How could the public ever trust that the twins are Simon's, since clearly they will eventually revealed to be?

Don't care about the anti-monarchist organization. My theory was that Joan Collins masterminded the whole thing but they shot that one to hell.

• Love 1

I too wish they would have kept King Simon around longer, but only because I like the actor a lot. He was on another favorite show of mine, Scott & Bailey, but only for a season or so & a small part at that.

Is the Marcus actor not coming back? I liked him. But if it means more Jasper that's ok then. :)

I was very confused about the princessess (Cyrus's spawn). When the anti-monarchy guy tried to woo the 2nd sister I expected her to be bandaged up. I kept mixing up those 2 last season because I wasn't interested in them enough to figure out how to tell them apart. Not even sure of their names. I'm sure that the anti-m guy is planning something to help get them declared incompetant (as per Queenie's instructions).

Edited by kat165
  • Love 1

I too wish they would have kept King Simon around longer, but only because I like the actor a lot. He was on another favorite show of mine, Scott & Bailey, but only for a season or so & a small part at that.

Is the Marcus actor not coming back? I liked him. But if it means more Jasper that's ok then. :)

I was very confused about the princessess (Cyrus's spawn). When the anti-monarchy guy tried to woo the 2nd sister I expected her to be bandaged up. I kept mixing up those 2 last season because I wasn't interested in them enough to figure out how to tell them apart. Not even sure of their names. I'm sure that the anti-m guy is planning something to help get them declared incompetant (as per Queenie's instructions).

Th actor who plays Marcus got a gig on Blindsided, which was just renewed, so he's pretty much gone kaput off the Royals canvas. I believe the princesses' names are Beatrice and Eugenie ;)

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3

The show is ridiculous and trashy and I can't stop watching it, although I think Eleanor steals every scene she's in.

Jasper is a gross creepy rapist and I wish they'd gotten rid of him along with Ophelia.

I can't believe I managed to find two sentences to type about it, but yeah, I'm addicted.

• Love 1

So many thoughts! I binge-watched Season 1 on Amazon Prime last month and became obsessed. I actually watched the first season twice, I loved it so much!

Mixed feelings on this first episode of Season 2:

• Agree, the tone felt a bit too dour. So much of the fun of S1 was the ridiculous soapiness. I need that to come back.
  • Bummed that Marcus is gone; particularly awkward given Gemma's weird, out-of-the-blue comment at the end of S1 about Marcus letting the woman he loves go. Where did that come from?! And now, clearly, it's going nowhere.
  • I really loved the chemistry between Jasper and Eleanor in S1. (I let go of my rapey/gross feelings about him when it became clear that he did not actually take advantage of Eleanor.) Their power dynamics in S1 were so fun to watch, which is why I find this new about-face version of Jasper so strange. He's suddenly apologetic and basically begging to be Eleanor's boyfriend? If they were trying to kill my lady-boner (and Eleanor's) with his sudden change in behavior, it's working.
  • I liked the character of Ophelia, but the actor was truly painful. I'm glad they're on a bit of a break, but not sure Liam as a private investigator is going to be as fun as Liam in a love triangle. For that reason, I kind of miss Gemma. She was a great antagonist for Ophelia but I suppose without Ophelia to torture, there's not a strong reason for her to be around. Related: I did read that Ophelia has filmed some scenes, so I don't think she's 100% gone. Yet.
  • What the actual fuck with ghost wife? Unsubscribe.
  • I'm presuming that the full-body plastic surgery schtick is an excuse to introduce a completely new actress for whats-her-name-cousin. If so: full marks because that is the kind of over-the-top soapy behavior I expect from this show. Carry on!
  • Love Liam's new haircut, please let's not waste it on another girl-next-door storyline with the polo player.
  • I could listen to Elizabeth Hurley read the phone book and be entertained.
  • Glad to see Prudence messing with Cyrus. That promises to be pretty good; there were some weird red herrings with her last season (like the scene where she pulls a handgun out of her purse). Curious to see if that ever gets referenced.
  • Dear writers: do not waste Eleanor. She is your greatest asset.
  • Jasper in those sunglasses and that leather jacket on the polo field sidelines? THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT. (Although, this relates to my earlier complaint; he was so diabolical and duplicitious and into power plays and suddenly now he's a guardian angel in baby blue leather? Pick a lane.)
Edited by furiousfemme

My verdict: S2's off to an intriguing start. True to form, Helena & Cyrus prove that they not only don't belong in power, they never deserved it in the first place, whether it was Helena's blackmailing the new Prime Minister into changing the succession line, or talking Nigel the anti monarchist into pursuing both of Cyrus' idiot daughters, one of whom has had a very extreme makeover, hence the mummy look. I don't know what Helena  promised/threatened Nigel with, but it's probably pretty good or pretty bad, depending on one's perspective. As for Cyrus, now that he's King, he's feeling himself even more than ever, from eating swan for dinner to his not being the least bit fazed by Prudence's attempted blackmail re the baby, the latter of which could backfire. Cyrus' biggest problem-well, one of them-is his arrogance. He thinks that his power will always protect him. That he doesn't actually deserve it is beside the point to him. Ted's not "perfect," by any means, but at least he's much better suited for his job than Cyrus is for his. What Cyrus doesn't understand that no matter how hard he tries, he will never be the king nor the man that Simon was. Unlike Cyrus, Simon never abused his power nor his subjects. Simon loved his subjects enough to at least try to do what he thought was best for them, which was abolishing the monarchy and given Cyrus & Helena's hubris, I didn't blame him.

Re Liam & Eleanor, their making nice with Cyrus sucks, but it also helps them in their investigation of Simon & Robert's murders. Loving the new Liam & Jasper combo. Jasper's no angel by a long shot, but I believe that he truly cares about Eleanor, otherwise he wouldn't have stalked her all over the world in the name of protecting her. Jasper can go places that Liam can't and do things that Liam can't- which, when it comes to Helena & Cyrus, is a plus, because sometimes the only way to beat evil is to sink to its level.  

Towards the end of this episode the head of security is talking to a youngish blonee. Looks like ophelia. She makes a statement that she is dead and can do what she wants. How makes a statement I miss you. Is that supposed to be his dead wife or a new ophelia

Towards the end of this episode the head of security is talking to a youngish blonee. Looks like ophelia. She makes a statement that she is dead and can do what she wants. How makes a statement I miss you. Is that supposed to be his dead wife or a new ophelia

It's his late wife - they cut to a picture of the two of them right after that conversation.

• Love 1