Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Hallowink

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

St. Marq is so obviously playing a character that I don't have time to be annoyed by him anymore.

The tribute to Scott Marshall at the begining of the episode was when I learned he'd died. That was just so sad.

• Love 2

Who was Scott Marshall?

Nunez was hilarious as Tommy Chong.  He kept just looking all around, and up at the ceiling, exactly like Chong used to do.  Anyone not really familiar with Tommy probably didn't even notice.

• Love 1

OMG OMG I was so shocked; I missed the first of Hallowink so if they did something as a tribute to Scott, I didn't see it.

Mr Monkey told me about it when I got home from the grocery.

Scott played the supreme asshole role on his season, but he was one of the most talented tatooists I have ever seen on Ink Master. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

• Love 3

What happened to him?? I guess I missed this part of the show!

I actually thought the final three tattoos were kind of spectacular, but portraits are my favorite (along with pinups). I even loved the one of the wife who supposedly did not look like a zombie. At least she was still attractive. Not sure why you'd want your spouse as a zombie on your body for life!

I thought both non-St. Marq zombie wives were great, but Cleen's was really awesome, unsullied blue shirt and all. 

Also, I shrieked at the sight of Dave in khakis.

Dave in Khaki shorts was funny.  I knew as soon as I saw him, he was supposed to be Jeff Probst.  It's like he was trying to be the most uncool person he could possibly think of.  He succeeded.  Jeff Probst is a dweeb.

So, Scott Marshall was an OD?

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1

Also, I shrieked at the sight of Dave in khakis.

You too?  I loved Dave in khakis.

Seeing Cleen again reminded me of the bullshit nature of Jason Clay Dunn winning Ink Master.  Say what again?  I thought all 3 of Cleen's tattoos were great. 

I was thrilled that Tattoo Jesus St. Marq once again got his ass handed to him.  Suck it, dude. 

According to US Magazine (I think?) Scott Marshall wasn't feeling well, per his wife, and went to a hotel room by his shop to rest.  I hope it wasn't an OD.

Haha, I did not scream out of love for the khakis...though I did love seeing it happen, if that makes sense.

One thing I noticed about Cleen last night was that, while he did talk trash here and there, he displayed an admirable sense of humility in his talking heads by not only admitting that he felt nervous and threatened, but also voluntarily citing the strengths of his competitors. I dug that.

So, Scott Marshall was an OD?

They haven't said official cause of death, just that it doesn't seem to be foul play. There's been an autopsy but the coroner's not done, yet.

RIP, and condolences to his family.

• Love 1

It's really odd to go a hotel room to lie down if you're not feeling well.  I'm someone would have driven him home, or his wife would have come to get him.  Strange.

/OT

I liked Cleen a lot more on this show than I did on his Season.  He definitely deserved to win, without question.

St. Marc may be playing the part of an asshole, but he does it very naturally.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1

It's really odd to go a hotel room to lie down if you're not feeling well.  I'm someone would have driven him home, or his wife would have come to get him.  Strange.

/OT

I liked Cleen a lot more on this show than I did on his Season.  He definitely deserved to win, without question.

St. Marc may be playing the part of an asshole, but he does it very naturally.

It is odd to me but I add in that I don't know how far away they live from the shop and that they have three young children. I can get why she didn't come to get him.

Yay for Cleen, I, too thought he was robbed by a breaded gnome on his season however his back piece was a tad disappointing.

Clint amuses me. Talks so tough and then whines so hard. Also the mohawk  is way overcompensating for his height, or lack of it.

It was nice to see Bili Vegas had matured a little.

Was there someone else? lol

Holy crap, Scott Marshall is dead!  As a former Ink Master, they should have said a little more about Scott, but maybe it just happened.

I at first thought that Dave was going to say that that is how he dresses to go fishing.

I did not realize how Cleen was haunted by his loss.  I think we all agree there is no way Jason Clay Dunn should have ever been Ink Master.  Cleen and the other guy handed him the win by default, because the both failed to do photo realism, while Jason did a decent job with New School.  It was a moment of arrogance that cost him dearly, thinking that he could ignore the challenge, but still win because he was much more talented (which was true).

I think he still is going to have an amazing career, but he really should have won his season.  Maybe they could do an all stars season (if they have not already).

Edited to add: Clint's mohawk made him look like a tiny little doll.  I think he was cutting back on the humor not look like an asshole.  This is admirable, but without the humor there really was no point in him being there, as his skills were not up to par.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1

I think he still is going to have an amazing career, but he really should have won his season.  Maybe they could do an all stars season (if they have not already).

Cleen is one of the returnees in the next Season! Not exactly an all stars, just 8 Ink Master veterans vs cannon fodder

I will forever love the Probst costume. And Dave really got into it. He delivered all the instructions with his hands on his hips like Probst. He even started off the episode by saying "Come on in, guys!" to the contestants. Loved it.

• Love 1

I will forever love the Probst costume. And Dave really got into it. He delivered all the instructions with his hands on his hips like Probst. He even started off the episode by saying "Come on in, guys!" to the contestants. Loved it.

I found it amusing because he used to host a reality show produced by the same guy as Probst's.  

• Love 1

Scott Marshall won Season 4.

And Ultimate Ink Master after he won the Master vs Master challenge :(

I didn't think too many of the tattoos during this episode were impressive. And St. Marq is such a tired trope, you could see how much he and Cleen were friends IRL. When Cleen won, St. Marq gave him the biggest hug. I don't understand this show sometimes.

Billy Vegas was also the most random contestant.