Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It was my understanding that it was all negotiable with billing, but my info might be outdated.

Billing is negotiable, but if you appear on the credits, you're paid for that episode, which is why ABC/Disney and HBO and some FOX productions now only list regulars if they are actually in that episode. 

Regarding the coffee truck - I have no idea what's going on in this particular case, but it's not unusual for actors, writers or producers to do something like this even well after they've left the show or aren't involved in that episode for whatever reason - usually to say thanks for something or other, or to celebrate something.  Not to mention that it's Hollywood: you never know when you're going to be working with particular crew members or actors again.

• Love 6

Would have loved calculator too, but Felicity/Thea/Donna. I want so bad

Nahhhh I don't think Felicity/Thea will interact. Because them interacting would cause a rip in the spacetime continuum... I mean that's the only reason why they haven't interacted before this right??? 

• Love 8

AND GASP. Thea/Felicity are going to be trapped together! Watch Thea only interact with Donna lmfao

Thea: [looks past Felicity who is standing right next to her to address Donna Smoak, who is on the other side of the room surrounded by henchmen] Donna, tell Felicity that on my signal, we're going to run out that door!

Donna: [surrounded by henchmen blocking her view of Thea] Got it! Hey Felicity, when Thea signals, we all run out the door.

Felicity: Which door?

Donna: I don't know, I can't see which door Thea's pointing at from here! Could you ask Thea?

Felicity: Um, I don't think I'm allowed to speak to her. I guess we're all just going to have to die instead.

• Love 10

Nahhhh I don't think Felicity/Thea will interact. Because them interacting would cause a rip in the spacetime continuum... I mean that's the only reason why they haven't interacted before this right???

Thank Q! It's almost like a barrier is being removed.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4

Episode 17 sounds like must see TV. Wait this is the episode titled "Beacon Of Hope", how many beacons gonna be lit up for this episode, damn. They're introducing Curtis fairly early to Team Green Arrow.

AND GASP. Thea/Felicity are going to be trapped together! Watch Thea only interact with Donna lmfao

Actually that would be funny AF in a sad sorta way though if they didn't write them interacting AT ALL after being trapped together. She'll probably hang with Donna they did share that hospital lunch together and bond.

The writers are having a "how much shit can we put Felicity through" fucking field day this season. I mean c'mon. Let me list the damn ways they've piled it on: 1. Paralyzed 2. Daddy issues/returns and tries to steal from her. She turns him into the police. Feeling some remorse for him after doing it. 3. Lying fiance (damn BMD crap) 4. Broken engagement 5. Walking again. 6. Wedding bait for a psycho and now 7. Held captive at her own job by another wacko pyscho. They're running the gamut this season on her. How much can one woman take? Did I miss anything I'm almost certain I did.

• Love 2

This show is so lucky it got Echo Kellum for Curtis. I don't know if I'd be able to stand the character if he was played by another actor. EK's charm manages to save me from the ridiculous perfectness of this dude. 

• Love 21

This show is so lucky it got Echo Kellum for Curtis. I don't know if I'd be able to stand the character if he was played by another actor. EK's charm manages to save me from the ridiculous perfectness of this dude. 

RIGHT?! LMFAO EK is awesome and he plays off of EBR rather well. 

• Love 5

If they are at Palmer Tech are they taken there or are they already there then trapped?

Wouldn't Curtis already be there?

He'll probably be out running an errand or something. Donna and Thea are there for some reason and aren't employees, so.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

He'll probably be out running an errand or something. Donna and Thea are there for some reason and aren't employees, so.

Thea is there to ask Felicity to forgive her for condoning Oliver's lie (gosh if only). And Donna is there because maybe her and Felicity were hanging out that day b/c they never spend any time together anymore? IDK

Edited by wonderwall

Here's hoping the episode lives up to the description.  I will not get my hopes up.  I will not get my hopes up. 

I figured at some point someone would want the chip from Felicity and that would put her in danger - but I thought they would at least wait three whole episodes before playing that card.  Here is hoping that if Felicity is in danger now she is not the one being saved by the dead person walking in a few episodes. 

The next break in episodes better be after we have on screen confirmation of the dead one.  I really just need this to be done now. 

Ohhhhhhh now everything is clicking in my head, that extended promo that aired after 415 was for 416 AND 417. That's why we don't see Thea/Felicity in the lair and why we see Curtis there in Felicity's place. So Oliver really DOES get hurt in 417. I wonder how he gets hurt though... Maybe one of her bugs got into his system? LOL Maybe Laurel uses her Canary Cry to somehow deactivate it while it's still in him? (sounds stupid as hell but it's possible!)

• Love 4

The writers are having a "how much shit can we put Felicity through" fucking field day this season. I mean c'mon. Let me list the damn ways they've piled it on: 1. Paralyzed 2. Daddy issues/returns and tries to steal from her. She turns him into the police. Feeling some remorse for him after doing it. 3. Lying fiance (damn BMD crap) 4. Broken engagement 5. Walking again. 6. Wedding bait for a psycho and now 7. Held captive at her own job by another wacko pyscho. They're running the gamut this season on her. How much can one woman take? Did I miss anything I'm almost certain I did.

I would even say it's too much.

I'm gonna be upset forever they cut her wheelchair storyline so short.

I anticipate Papa Smoak coming back in season 5, though! Maybe we'll get into who his employers were.

Edited by olicityfan
  • Love 1

I wonder if both Felicity and Oliver get hurt in 4x17 - BTS Donna at the hospital and Oliver on the med table. 

My wish is for Donna and Oliver to have their own scene together. So they can have a serious conversation about next steps and maybe Donna can give Oliver some advice (which he will then follow five episodes later).

• Love 1

I thought Thea was in the shot in the lair while Laurel is using the Canary Cry? There's someone approaching the others.

Didn't they have a break last year after 320?

Watch people having meltdowns over what would appear to be another Felicity centric episode :D

No, the break was April 8, between episodes 18 and 19. But they also had the season finale two weeks earlier, on May 13th.

ETA: Or one week earlier, if you're looking at Sweeps dates.

Edited by Starfish35

I thought Thea was in the shot in the lair while Laurel is using the Canary Cry? There's someone approaching the others.

Watch people having meltdowns over what would appear to be another Felicity centric episode :D

Hmm I thought the people in that scene were Diggle/Laurel/Quentin/Oliver/Lyla

• Love 1

They already are, it's the same things they always say. If they're going to get their Twitter fingers all riled up every time Felicity gets some attention in episode the they might as well just quit the show or at least think of something more interesting to say. Felicity is Oliver's "great love" (Stephen's words not mine) she is traveling/his companion, along for the ride or whatever way you want to say it Felicity is with him on his journey toward being a hero (unless the show changes gears dramatically)

• Love 1

Hmm I thought the people in that scene were Diggle/Laurel/Quentin/Oliver/Lyla

Pretty sure that's Curtis, not Lyla, but yeah, no Thea, which goes along with the plot that she's stuck at Palmer Tech with Felicity and Donna, plus the idea that Curtis is the "surprising" ally, if the promo was also showing 417, which it looks like it definitely was.

• Love 1

I could swear there's at least a leg visible - in the shot from above(don't really know the terminology): Oliver is on the table, Diggle and Lance are covering their ears, and there's this person walkin towards them. I'll see if I can find a screenshot. :)

https://youtu.be/u3IrdGNE21k?t=16

At 00:16. I assumed that was Thea, but if she's at PalmerTech, I wonder who that is.

ETA: Nevermind, I think it's Laurel, haha.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

It is time for them to ramp up the threat and start filling in a lot of blanks about what the big threat is for the season. 

A fun twist might be if Andy is the him Felicity refers to in limo.  Andy pulls and evil-Oliver from season 3 and kidnaps Lyla and/or Baby Sara.  Can Diggle forgive his real brother, as he ultimately did Oliver?  Maybe evil Andy kills whoever is grave filler in the process.  Andy can't be good, and they all can't have been smart to let him out of his cage right????  At the least, it seems Andy might be the one to help Darhk out of his prison bind or aid Malcolm in fulfilling HIVE's plan.  Andy noted early on he was a believer in the cause.

So MG tweeted 420's title cover including title, but 419's cover we still haven't seen without the blacked out title? That makes me think it's "Canary Cry" and giving it away even more.

• Love 2

The talk about LoT ending a week earlier made me think of something I really should have thought of before. All this time travelling stuff might be fun, but they're gonna have to beat VS in the present day or the future. If they do so earlier it would mess up some things on at least Arrow, I don't know how much The Flash was affected, if at all. Without the need to go to CC, Oliver wouldn't have seen William together with his mother. There's no lie and no kidnapping, no Thea being done with Malcolm for the moment. It would mess up this show's timeline after the crossover.

I will legit laugh if Thea and Felicity are put in different rooms by their captors.

Wow, 417 sounds great. I'd much rather watch that than a fake wedding. Thea and Felicity share scenes and might actually get to talk? Is this real life? What is happening? I wonder why Thea is even at PT though? Normally I'd guess she was there to apologize for supporting Oliver's dumb lie and trying to get O/F back together but I really doubt it.

My first thought of the 'surprising ally' was Papa Smoak for some reason but then logic prevailed and I remembered that this show doesn't really surprise anyone anymore so yeah, it's probably Curtis. How fortunate that he's the only one who left the office and is able to help when everyone else is being held at PT. It's like it was always supposed to happen! Gasp!

Edited by Guest

Wow, 417 sounds great. I'd much rather watch that than a fake wedding. Thea and Felicity share scenes and might actually get to talk? Is this real life? What is happening? I wonder why Thea is even at PT though? Hmm. Normally I'd wonder if she was maybe there to apologize for supporting Oliver's dumb lie and trying to get O/F back together but I really doubt it.

My first thought of the 'surprising ally' was Papa Smoak for some reason but then logic prevailed and I remembered that this show doesn't really surprise anyone anymore so yeah, it's probably Curtis. How fortunate that he's the only one who left the office and is able to help when everyone else is being held at PT. It's like it was always supposed to happen! Gasp!

At first I, too thought it would be Papa Smoak, but then I remembered the spoilers with Curtis. Oh, well. Next time. :)

I won't get my hopes up re Thea and Felicity, they did this last year as well. Throw us a bone and then not following up. But, and I made a similar speculation last year as well (which didn't come true because of course), I wouldn't mind if Thea and Felicity's interactions were to be of the confrontational kind. Thea mad at Felicity for dumping her brother? Felicity mad at Thea for keeping the secret? I'd like both of those scenarios. 

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

At first I, too thought it would be Papa Smoak, but then I remembered the spoilers with Curtis. Oh, well. Next time. :)

I won't get my hopes up re Thea and Felicity, they did this last year as well. Throw us a bone and then not following up. But, and I made a similar speculation last year as well (which didn't come true because of course), I wouldn't mind if Thea and Felicity's interactions were to be of the confrontational kind. Thea mad at Felicity for dumping her brother? Felicity mad at Thea for keeping the secret? I'd like both of those scenarios.

Yeah, I forgot about the Curtis spoilers too. He's not what I'd call surprising though. We've been waiting for him to find out. LOL.

Oh, I have zero hopes for Thea and Felicity. Both Thea and Diggle are seemingly only aloud to interact with Laurel this season and Felicity has Curtis. So I doubt we'll get anything but a line or two. But there's obviously a reason why she's at PT. I don't want Thea to be mad at Felicity because she has no right to judge there but I'd be cool with a bit of tension over the lie. Felicity did look upset when she found out Thea knew about William already.

I will legit laugh if they undo all of their storylines post crossover because of a time whammy reset. No BMD, no armless MM, no captured DD. the only problem is how will the death stick?

I don't think that's going to happen. We speculated about this last year too, when it looked like The Flash was setting up for a major timeline change in their finale, but it didn't happen. I don't think it will this year either. I think the LoT team will finish their mission without affecting the current timeline.

Whether Sara and/or Ray comes back afterwards to help in the final battle is another question. Personally, if Malcolm kills Laurel, I hope Sara comes back and finishes him off once and for all, because I honestly don't think Oliver will. I think the writers are too fixated on this "being a hero means no killing" thing with Oliver.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Yeah, I forgot about the Curtis spoilers too. He's not what I'd call surprising though. We've been waiting for him to find out. LOL.

Oh, I have zero hopes for Thea and Felicity. Both Thea and Diggle are seemingly only aloud to interact with Laurel this season and Felicity has Curtis. So I doubt we'll get anything but a line or two. But there's obviously a reason why she's at PT. I don't want Thea to be mad at Felicity because she has no right to judge there but I'd be cool with a bit of tension over the lie. Felicity did look upset when she found out Thea knew about William already.

If they do have Thea get hypocritical I hope Felicity throws how mad she was about be lied to about her father in her face.

• Love 1

It's true, Thea has no right to judge and it's none of her business, but it wouldn't be that strange for her to be upset, since from her POV Oliver wasn't doing anything wrong "It's not a lie, it's a promise to the mother of your child!" - she could be seeing Felicity dumping him as kicking him when he was down. But it doesn't necessarily have to go that way, haha, I'm down with any kind of conflict/tension, as long as it makes sense for the characters. There are complaints that no one seems to call out Felicity for anything she does - though personally I don't think she has been doing anything wrong, aside from being snippy in 406, so she doesn't need being called out - but that would be a way to do it. I'd just like to see some of these relationships being fleshed out more.

• Love 3

Speaking of people coming back, wasn't there some hint that Roy might return at the end of the season? Am I dreaming that? I thought there was some discussion about why that might be and speculation that it might be to help out if the team was down a member. But maybe I dreamed that all. :(

• Love 2

I don't think that's going to happen. We speculated about this last year too, when it looked like The Flash was setting up for a major timeline change in their finale, but it didn't happen. I don't think it will this year either. I think the LoT team will finish their mission without affecting the current timeline.

Oh I don't really think it will happen either... I'm just saying I will legit probably laugh myself off my couch. It might match the laughter I had during 415 or perhaps it might exceed it... Although I'm not sure that episode was a barrel of laughs whether they intended to or not.

• Love 1

Personally I'd prefer if everyone just stayed on their own shows. Especially since Arrow already had to spend the first half of its season setting up LoT.

If anyone kills Malcolm (which I doubt will happen this season), it should be an Arrow character, which Sara isn't anymore.

• Love 10

Seeing as Malcolm orchestrated Sara's murder and if he is then responsible for Laurel's, I'd give his killing to her without being bothered that she's not on this show anymore.

• Love 5

I doubt they're killing Malcolm this season, especially since they have just pulled another cult  out of their asses to give him more story.

Edited by looptab

No, I don't think Malcolm will be gone this season either, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind Sara being the one pulling the trigger or whatever. You know, once his time hopefully comes I'd really appreciate the irony of Malcolm meeting his demise at the hands of someone actually pretty incompetent. No prison can hold him (even if Ra's held him pretty well until Oliver bargained for him), yet some kid with no relation to the masks takes him out. Cue Elle Woods, 'What? Is it like hard?'

Yeah, I got it :) Just thinking out loud on the matter :)

BTW, I want some relative of one of the quake victims recognizing him during one of his strolls through Star City. 

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3

Excuse me, a nemesis for felicity, IN FLASH AND NOW ARROW, sorry but and laurel lance/Black canary??I am sure that WM will say that laurel is in the grave, as they could not tell what kind of stories for her

Even though I'm liking Ray, frankly he can never show up on ARROW again and I will be happy.

I would not mind Sara stopping back in especially to catch up on her grieving father. But I really do not want to see her kill MM.

Personally, I think killing MM is going to be a big group mission and I do not want it to be just one person. However, I also do not think it is happening in s4 ~ so it doesn't matter who stops by this season.

I really hope they aren't bringing the LoT people back in the finale. We have a big cast as it is, probably too many loose ends to tie already and there's never enough time in the finale to deal with everything so if they want to show Sara's reaction to the death she should be in a previous episode. Also no one is missing Ray, LOL.

The one thing that made me think they could use time travel a second time is Laurel's line in the crossover about having a deja vu even if she wasn't there to fight Savage the first time so it made no sense for her to have a deja vu about something she didn't experience before, but maybe they just did a stupid mistake with that line.

I'm happy Felicity's nemesis is back! I'm not always happy with AK about the way he writes Felicity but he was the one to give her a nemesis so I'm grateful for that.

Also maybe I have trust issues but I bet no one is killing MM this year.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby

Just taking a wild guess here, but time travel is almost certainly not going to happen, because it would have to happen before the death so as to keep the death current, and would effectively undo the breakup, but Oliver and Felicity are broken up at the funeral. So, pretty sure we're safe there. :)

I don't think it will happen, I think that Arrow prohibits it from happening. Which is sort of odd, one show preventing another to take a certain turn. It boils down the LoT exploits in the past to passing time. Honestly, it would be hilarious if the team went back to that warehouse where Savage was defeated and simply collected his ashes before Malcolm.

ETA: How would you guys feel if Quentin finally offed Malcolm next season? I'm really starting to get attached to the idea of Malcolm being taken out by someone normal. It would be the ultimate hit to his ego.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 7