Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Wait... I Feel like I'm missing something here. Who said that Felicity was going to be in danger in 417? I mean I know Brie is in it, but that doesn't mean Felicity's in danger...

There were shots of Oliver fighting some guys at PT. That was assumed to be in 4x17, although I don't remember why anymore. Plus, I'm not really sure Felicity will be in more danger than Oliver in 4x16.

(edited)

Wait... I Feel like I'm missing something here. Who said that Felicity was going to be in danger in 417? I mean I know Brie is in it, but that doesn't mean Felicity's in danger...

Isn't Brie her nemesis?  In some comics, the Bug-eyed bandit worked for HIVE.  The Sky Lord robot at PT (I think seen in the promo) is also one that has wanted to kill Felicity in the past.  I think in the Flash comic, it hinted that Brie might be the one controlling the Sky Lord robots? not sure though. 

Edited by ComicFan777

I have no idea what Brie's role is in 4x17 but I want her and Felicity to be Fre-nemies.

Laurel isn't going to die to saving Felicity. I'm placing my bet on her saving Thea.

I do want up-against-the-wall-law-affirming-I-still-love-you Olicity sex after Laurel's funeral. For reasons. Lots of reasons.

• Love 2

What I would like, and am not going to get because we'd have heard about it if Colin Donnell had been on set, is to have Tommy appear to Laurel as she's dying. Maybe even seeing him here and there throughout the episode.

But I know that's not happening.

• Love 3

How exactly would that work, when they inhabit the same body?

I WANT to say that the writers are smart, though laurel is dead, they will find a way to bring a different version of Black Canary on season 5  that will always be played by KC, which is why I predict that KC is always regular on Arrow. I know many want or say KC's tired or whatever, or it's wrong.

But I stand by my opinion, it is a good compromise they found.

Has Laurel mentioned Tommy after her addiction storyline was wrapped up in season 2? I honestly can't remember her bringing him up since then.

I want to say she mentioned him in 4x13...maybe?

I WANT to say that the writers are smart, though laurel is dead, they will find a way to bring a different version of Black Canary on season 5  that will always be played by KC, which is why I predict that KC is always regular on Arrow. I know many want or say KC's tired or whatever, or it's wrong.

But I stand by my opinion, it is a good compromise they found.

I see. So they kill off this Laurel Lance, who is also this Black Canary, and then they bring in a new Laurel Lance, who is also a new Black Canary, from another universe, played by the same actress. That seems, unlikely?

• Love 2

I see. So they kill off this Laurel Lance, who is also this Black Canary, and then they bring in a new Laurel Lance, who is also a new Black Canary, from another universe, played by the same actress. That seems, unlikely?

unlikely? I do not know why, but the writers are smart, There are many things they can put in place. Not necessarily that way, but I'm sure will be even KC Black canary and steady in a season 5. We will see soon

unlikely? I do not know why, but the writers are smart, There are many things they can put in place. Not necessarily that way, but I'm sure will be even KC Black canary and steady in a season 5. We will see soon

What would that accomplish?

What would that accomplish?

these are just my suppositions, butwhen thea has almost died but returned by the well that was why? for her history, when Felicity had her car accident and was disabled, her was for his story, so the writers can be given a different story to laurel / Blackcanary

these are just my suppositions, butwhen thea has almost died but returned by the well that was why? for her history, when Felicity had her car accident and was disabled, her was for his story, so the writers can be given a different story to laurel / Blackcanary

Almost died is pretty different from actually died and replaced by an identical character, with a slightly different backstory.

• Love 1
(edited)

This death is gonna stick though. How can a death stick if someone just comes back to life yet again? That totally negates the whole point of bringing back the stakes to the show.

I'm so over waiting for this death now. Let's get it over with already. Lawd.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I lost it at "the writers are smart".

I guess that means when they kill Laurel and don't replace her with an identical character played by the same actress, no one will be upset, bc it was a smart decision.

• Love 2
(edited)

laurel lance is  maybe dead, but Black canay will be alive  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yes! Black Canary shell live either in our memories from before she was brutally killed by, the mind controlled by Malcolm- Thea, OR when they'll hand the title back to its rightful Arrowverse owner.. Either way it's still going to be Sara Lance AKA the Black Canary.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1
(edited)

[Edited by mod.]  I remain hopeful that the show will not look like olicity show, will be heartbreaking to have olicity each episode.
Episode 17
Oliver: OH Felicity, i love you but this is not the right time
Felicity; oliver oh, why come I can not live without you
episode 19
Oliver; Felicity, here is my love for you, look at this apartment for you
Felicity; OH oliver, i love you
Episode 23
Oliver; Felicity Oh, this is the time, agreed to marry me
Felicity; Oh yes, I love you oliver, thank you
euh euh euh Season 5
oliver: OH Felicity, I can not marry you

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker

Seriously? Are we back to the same tired argument that Olicity is/will be taking over the show when it's been proven that their scenes are a ridiculously small fraction of the total minutes in any given episode? Where's that dead horse gif? Furthermore is that even a spoiler?

• Love 7

Seriously? Are we back to the same tired argument that Olicity is/will be taking over the show when it's been proven that their scenes are a ridiculously small fraction of the total minutes in any given episode? Where's that dead horse gif? Furthermore is that even a spoiler?

There's nothing that says we have to have the same tired argument.  

play.png

• Love 16

[Edited by mod.]  I remain hopeful that the show will not look like olicity show, will be heartbreaking to have olicity each episode.

Episode 17

Oliver: OH Felicity, i love you but this is not the right time

Felicity; oliver oh, why come I can not live without you

episode 19

Oliver; Felicity, here is my love for you, look at this apartment for you

Felicity; OH oliver, i love you

Episode 23

Oliver; Felicity Oh, this is the time, agreed to marry me

Felicity; Oh yes, I love you oliver, thank you

euh euh euh Season 5

oliver: OH Felicity, I can not marry you

Well, at least we definitely don't have to worry about it becoming the Lauriver show.

(edited)

Personally I'm hoping that Sara will retake up the Black Canary name (though not necessarily the old costume). We can have a Black Canary on LoT, assuming it gets renewed.

Edited by Starfish35

Personally I'm hoping that Sara will retake up the Black Canary name (though not necessarily the old costume). We can have a Black Canary on LoT, assuming it gets renewed.

I'm hoping Black Canary is laid to rest with Laurel, but if they are insistent on keeping BC in the mix somehow, this is the only way in which I would accept it. Give it back to the OG.

• Love 3
(edited)

*shrug* I'm not loving the White Canary thing, though I love Sara. Plus I guess I've always felt like Black Canary should have been hers anyway. And she looks better in black than white. :)

I wouldn't have thought they'd do that, and they still might not, because it might be seen as disrespectful to KC. But now after reading some of the things on this thread, I'm not sure they care anymore. So....we'll see.

Edited by Starfish35

*shrug* I'm not loving the White Canary thing, though I love Sara. Plus I guess I've always felt like it should have been hers anyway. And she looks better in black than white. :)

I wouldn't have thought they'd do that, and they still might not, because it might be seen as disrespectful to KC. But now after reading some of the things on this thread, I'm not sure they care anymore. So....we'll see.

I honestly don't give a damn what's disrespectful to KC. Do you think the show cared about respecting CL with the way they threw her character on a dumpster then stuffed her in a fridge then in her old grave? You can't get more disrespectful than that.

(edited)

And what does that have to do with KC? I love CL but even she knew she was brought in with an expiration date. It wasn't the greatest way to kill off her character but I didn't see it as disrespectful to Caity herself. And not to try to get into a pissing contest but I would say KC has probably been more disrespected by this show then anyone.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1
(edited)

It wasn't the greatest way to kill off her character but I didn't see it as disrespectful to Caity herself. .

I agree with this. To the character, sure, but Caity, no, I don't think so.

To get back to spoilers, how do we know that KC shot with Barrowman and Willa in 418?

Edited by looptab
(edited)

I think the KC's ear-to-ear grin in 223 when she gets Sara jacket was a tad disrespectful to Caity. KC had to have known Sara--and thus CL-- would be off the show in some capacity before Laurel could become BC. But, and KC has admitted this, she was so excited to finally wear the jacket she couldn't stop smiling in the scene.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8

Katie Cassidy is an incredible actress, and talented, SHE is perfect as black canary, the writers will not give to Sarah Lance the mantle of black canary,she is white canary.

Even if laurel is in the grave, Sara will not be black canary. This is one reason that makes me say that KC could be interpreted another version of Black canary 

If they do kill Laurel off the show then they really need to let that BE THE END of "The Black Canary" IMO. Sara was good in the role as an action character but Caity's acting abilities weren't much better than Katie's IMO, she just fit in with the already established OTA better. I liked Caity in the aspect of the action portion she delivered in the role as "Canary". I can't really say I'm a fan of Laurel but Sara did have the benefit of coming in to the show with no baggage from previous episodes or Season 1 and little of Season 2. She had a few flashback episodes but she wasn't flushed out as much as Laurel was in present day. The portion that they did show to me with her sleeping with Oliver again (even if for comfort) sort of pissed me off. They were both adults but they IMO very selfishly with no regard for Laurel or the Lance family got back together. Even if it was IMO a stall for Oliver and Felicity I wished they would have found another way (can't believe I'm defending any of the Lance's. Especially their stupid mother who knew Sara was going away with Oliver, while he was dating Laurel). The Lance's are one fucked up family IMO). So if Laurel has come to end of her road then let it be a dead end. No need to bring Caity back or reassign her a name that technically was never her's. She was better in action and chemistry with the team but the show has moved on and so has she and they should keep it that way IMO.

• Love 2

And what does that have to do with KC? I love CL but even she knew she was brought in with an expiration date. It wasn't the greatest way to kill off her character but I didn't see it as disrespectful to Caity herself. And not to try to get into a pissing contest but I would say KC has probably been more disrespected by this show then anyone.

Considering CL is the lead of a new series, I really doubt CL ever really had an expiration date.

I guess I don't understand why treating Sara terribly with her death isn't disrespectful to CL, but treating Laurel terribly on the show is disrespectful to KC. Could you please clarify?

I think if actors pour their heart and soul into a character and the writers end up treat them like crap, then that's disrespect to the actors as well, but that's just me. 

You're probably right about KC not getting treated well by the writers because they clearly never gave a damn about Laurel... I guess I'm annoyed and want an eye for an eye... But that's my burden to bear. 

• Love 1

I agree with this. To the character, sure, but Caity, no, I don't think so.

To get back to spoilers, how do we know that KC shot with Barrowman and Willa in 418?

IIRC WH posted a selfie looking banged up on the Monday SA, DA and KC posed with the cup. KC looked like she was sporting a black eye and maybe a cut. KC and JB used filming obligation to get out of the Dallas Con. I know that KC headed to NYFW but she didn't leave until Saturday afternoon. According to JB, filming went till late Friday. So she could have been filming with him. I'm assuming she filmed something that day because PB also tweeting the flashback pic.

It's all speculation tho.

Caity came in as a guest/reoccurring character, she knew that her characters sister was suppose to take up the mantle of Black Canary. She was not brought in to be added to the main cast and come a series regular. She knew Sara would be killed off, unless she was contracted for the episode before they told her Sara was going to die, she didn't have to entertain their ideas. Now depending on what whoever chooses to believe, Caity got very lucky that they decided to do an ensemble show and made a smart decision to bring her back, a thought (again, depending on what people choose to believe) wasn't brought up until LoT was formed. 

Katie signed on to a show to play Black Canary. She was sold this show as co-lead before it changed to being the female lead. She is a series regular, that has basically been treated as an after thought in just about every aspect of the show. They changed the co-lead to female lead/love interest, they brought in an actress to play a role very similar to what she had signed on to play (Canary) without even telling her before the rest of the world found out.  They took away her female lead role, her love interest role, her superhero role for a time being. That's some major disrespect. 

Considering CL is the lead of a new series, I really doubt CL ever really had an expiration date.

I guess I don't understand why treating Sara terribly with her death isn't disrespectful to CL, but treating Laurel terribly on the show is disrespectful to KC. Could you please clarify?

• Love 5

Oh dear. Sorry guys, I didn't mean to start an argument. I just want Sara Back in Black.

:)

I'll see myself out.

Personally I would love to see Sara back in her Black Canary costume on LOT. But I honestly don't think that is something that is going to happen. I think Arrow is burying Black Canary with Laurel.

• Love 1

IIRC WH posted a selfie looking banged up on the Monday SA, DA and KC posed with the cup. KC looked like she was sporting a black eye and maybe a cut. KC and JB used filming obligation to get out of the Dallas Con. I know that KC headed to NYFW but she didn't leave until Saturday afternoon. According to JB, filming went till late Friday. So she could have been filming with him. I'm assuming she filmed something that day because PB also tweeting the flashback pic.

It's all speculation tho.

Oh, okay, I thought there was indication of a scene involving the three of them (JB, WH, KC) and I had missed it. I had forgotten the Dallas con debacle :) Thank you :)

Oh dear. Sorry guys, I didn't mean to start an argument. I just want Sara Back in Black.

:)

I'll see myself out.

You didn't start an argument! Don't worry :p 

Caity came in as a guest/reoccurring character, she knew that her characters sister was suppose to take up the mantle of Black Canary. She was not brought in to be added to the main cast and come a series regular. She knew Sara would be killed off, unless she was contracted for the episode before they told her Sara was going to die, she didn't have to entertain their ideas. Now depending on what whoever chooses to believe, Caity got very lucky that they decided to do an ensemble show and made a smart decision to bring her back, a thought (again, depending on what people choose to believe) wasn't brought up until LoT was formed. 

Katie signed on to a show to play Black Canary. She was sold this show as co-lead before it changed to being the female lead. She is a series regular, that has basically been treated as an after thought in just about every aspect of the show. They changed the co-lead to female lead/love interest, they brought in an actress to play a role very similar to what she had signed on to play (Canary) without even telling her before the rest of the world found out.  They took away her female lead role, her love interest role, her superhero role for a time being. That's some major disrespect. 

Ah, yeah... I didn't take into account the BTS stuff. I was only thinking about it from a narrative perspective. 

Wonder how many pictures will be coming from the set? I'm sure the show has probably told the remaining cast to be discrete with whatever they post on SM. Should be interesting cause they have to keep filming and NO WAY can they keep away all of the paps. Hell, I'm sure one of the cast is going to post something they probably shouldn't. It's quite a long time for them to be trying to maintain the secrecy of who is DEFINITELY in that grave.

• Love 1

Saying CL was not brought on to be a regular doesn’t necessarily hold a great deal of weight given that EBR was brought in for a single episode and is now the de factor female lead.  Things change. 

I also don’t think it is completely fair to say things were taken away from KC.  She was brought on to play a specific role and clearly many people do not feel she met her obligations.  She did not work as the love interest.  She has had limited success as a mask.  The role was not a gift and she has been in the business long enough to know that things change and her willingness to adapt seems to have been limited. 

People get hired for jobs all of the time where the match looks good on paper and turns out not to be.  When it becomes apparent that they are not a good fit and/or cannot meet the responsibilities of the job they are move to a new position or let go.  KC seems to have been given quite a few chances. 

• Love 15

Caity is not Emily though. Emily came in for a guest spot and became a regular, that did not happen to Caity. If the show thought Katie wasn't working then they could've gotten rid of her probably way before now and they continue to say that nothing is wrong with the character or how they write her. 

(edited)

Caity is not Emily though. Emily came in for a guest spot and became a regular, that did not happen to Caity. If the show thought Katie wasn't working then they could've gotten rid of her probably way before now and they continue to say that nothing is wrong with the character or how they write her. 

they would.. But they also need DC comics and WB/CW executive permission to do some stuff, if the executives of the network or DC veto something than the EP's can't do it. It is also possible that there was a clause in KC contract about the BC aspect of her character. It's also possible that the EP's were being optimistic regarding KC and the role, thinking that maybe if they'll make her BC things will improve, including some of her interviews and the weird shit she says in them regarding Laurel, BC and her place in Oliver life.

We don't know for sure what was the reason, but just because they say one thing doesn't mean they don't think another.. they have a show to promote and Black Canary is a major DC comics entity, getting rid of her had to be done in a very specific way (we don't know the full "way" but we know part of the journey.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2