Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I really don't think anyone from the show is gonna confirm this death before the episode airs. It makes no sense to do that, it's the main ~ mystery of the season.

What can happen, though, is KC getting cast in another project between now and April, and the trades announcing it, and spilling the beans on her leaving Arrow.

• Love 6

I am just gonna give example of CH still being part of the Paley panel last year after he already said his goodbyes to team Arrow. and he promised a storyline for Roy in s4. Until the episode airs i expect everyone to be a lying liar that lies.

• Love 1

I am just gonna give example of CH still being part of the Paley panel last year after he already said his goodbyes to team Arrow. and he promised a storyline for Roy in s4. Until the episode airs i expect everyone to be a lying liar that lies.

Roy did get a storyline in s4 though :) It was about as long as KC's if you remove the resurrection SL to spin-off LoT.

• Love 3
(edited)

color me intrigued about these negotiations!

Don't be too intrigued. By that, I mean it's not as fun as it could be! :D No details, but we are renegotiating the Commercials Contract for SAG-AFTRA actors. I'm enjoying my time in NYC. 

I did notice that no one has addressed the rumored death. Even Amy Gumenick said not to believe everything you see/read about the press pics released for her ep. And none of the writers have said wait and see. Very...something? Interesting. Weird. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 3
(edited)

Roy did get a storyline in s4 though :) It was about as long as KC's if you remove the resurrection SL to spin-off LoT.

And CH's one scene with Thea was one of the best all season.  If this show doesn't end with the two of them married and happily raising little archers, I will be so pissed lol.

Also, if I had to make a guess, I would say some good olicity stuff must happen in the last few episodes and the writers are in that place in their headspace.  As opposed to where the general public is with the breakup and flash forward scene. 

I can understand that, because if I think back - I'd say that if I could have pretended the baby momma lie wasn't going on that this season would have been much better.  Like it really is a better season than three even if it still pales compared to season one or two. A lot of things this season lack the emotional depth I would have liked them to have - even the baby momma story and break up.  The whole season feels shallow and rushed. But despite that, there have definitely been some good moments.  And many of those good moments have come between Oliver and Felicity.  The problem is that there was always the dark cloud of the LIE and pending break up hanging over them.  It made things less enjoyable than they should have been.

So I wonder if the reverse is now going on for the writers.  Since they are likely writing happy "olicity" stuff right now that overshadows the sad stuff we are going through with the breakup and hiatus.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 5

I did notice that no one has addressed the rumored death. Even Amy Gumenick said not to believe everything you see/read about the press pics released for her ep. And none of the writers have said wait and see. Very...something? Interesting. Weird. 

TBF, there's not much they can say. They can't come out and confirm the pictures are telling the truth, and they can't say they're misleading or a lie or to wait and see because what we're seeing (dead Laurel) is what we're going to get (dead Laurel). Even if they come out and say something like 'it's the journey that is important', they're pretty much confirming it's Laurel. They're pretty much stuck saying nothing... which makes it weird that they're not saying anything, which pretty much confirms that it's Laurel in the grave. 

Sorry if that didn't make any sense.

• Love 13

TBF, there's not much they can say. They can't come out and confirm the pictures are telling the truth, and they can't say they're misleading or a lie or to wait and see because what we're seeing (dead Laurel) is what we're going to get (dead Laurel). Even if they come out and say something like 'it's the journey that is important', they're pretty much confirming it's Laurel. They're pretty much stuck saying nothing... which makes it weird that they're not saying anything, which pretty much confirms that it's Laurel in the grave. 

Sorry if that didn't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense :) 

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure that's not KC's trailer in CR's photo.  Here's a photo of the door of KC's for comparison.

I'm also getting the distinct impression that KC was not well liked by several people involved in Arrow.  I don't think I've ever seen people involved in a show celebrate so openly after a big death like this.  Damn.

• Love 8

CR wouldn't get KCs trailer. The trailer In CRs IG looked liked EBRs or DRs. It wouldn't surprise me if they gave KCs trailer to another castmember.

huh? I would imagine that by this point in the show life EBR and DR would have as big of a trailer as any regular (perhaps only second to SA). I would imagine trailers are usually rented out, so it is more likely to me that they just returned it to the company - one less thing to pay for.

• Love 4

huh? I would imagine that by this point in the show life EBR and DR would have as big of a trailer as any regular (perhaps only second to SA). I would imagine trailers are usually rented out, so it is more likely to me that they just returned it to the company - one less thing to pay for.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

(edited)

I'm pretty sure DR and EBR have smaller trailers, it looks like CR's trailer is similar to theirs. (I wonder what WH's looks like?) 

tumblr_o3h4i8pufn1qf67ndo1_540.png

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 3
(edited)

It came from EBR's Instagram. The app on my phone says it was posted 3 weeks ago, but opening it up on a webpage says it was posted 2 weeks ago. So sometime around then haha. 

IMO it's impossible to tell what's what from photos of trailers. CR's has a silvery plate underneath the window while EBR and DR don't. Considering 3 shows share the same lot (plus the numerous other shows/movies filming in Vancouver) they could have easily just used a trailer that used to belong to a different cast member/show/movie. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure that's not KC's trailer in CR's photo.  Here's a photo of the door of KC's for comparison.

And CR having a trailer when she's on set isn't anything new. About 19 weeks ago on Instagram she talked about all the hand warmers and feet warmers the production dept had left, so they probably have guest star trailers they constantly change the lable on.

• Love 2

That was for her moms birthday lol. I find it more interesting that Emily practically confirmed KC isnt on set.

Too beautiful a cake, I should have known better! Haha.

How did she confirm Katie's not on set?

She tweeted this today:

Emily Bett Rickards:

Yawns are still contagious over FaceTime @MzKatieCassidy

IMO, again, it means nothing. One of them could just not be on set today? Or they could both not be at set yet and are on their way there. 

(edited)

If she was "fired" I'm sure she'll be getting a hefty severance deal. If she is/was still under contract and they terminated her contract, I can't even be mad if she tries to get as much as she can. Didn't like the character and I don't know her personally but I'm hoping that she gets treated fairly ( if she is indeed the one leaving the show). I'm sure she gave the show the best she was capable of. Her acting style, choices and the writing for her just didn't register with a majority of the people watching Arrow. Maybe she'll do good in another type of show and setting.

Edited by Ann Mack
(edited)

This certainty that she was fired, as opposed to her contract being up, is given by what CG says or is there something else I'm missing? I just saw that caption of the photos, but nothing else.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

If she was leaving and the best they could do for her was this shit show of a s4 arc, I really feel bad for her, the character & the fans of it. If she was fired, I'm not surprised this is the best they came up with. But if she was fired, I also really want to know what she did. Because clearly these issues have been ongoing... if her death planned from 401. However, this is the first season I've actually seen her willingly interact with her cast members offset so I can't imagine the problem was between castmates.

Oh how I can't wait for the behind the scenes tell-all to come out down the road for ARROW. :)

• Love 3

This certainty that she was fired, as opposed to her contract being up, is given by what CG says or is that something else I'm missing? I just saw that caption of the photos, but nothing else.

I think it's based on the assumption that is SA is contracted for 7 seasons, and Colin mentioned before that he also had a long standing contract for Arrow.. it is only logical to assume KC also had a long term contract similar to theirs since they were supposed to be the main trio core of the show (in it's original silly incarnation)

Speaking of long contracts... is this the first season we have gotten no appearance by Tommy? Do we think they might squeeze in a brief Tommy appearance before the big finale?

I always love my annual visits in whatever form they took. I also wonder if they were part of the contract settlement. I know CD has mentioned in interviews that if the shows could work it out, he would love to return to his Arrow Family for whatever is possible. Fingers crossed they worked something out. OQ could use a quick knock over the head in his dream from his BFF.

• Love 1

well they have 4(?) more episodes to film.. you never know. but I think CD is really super busy filming his show so I wouldn't count on it. perhaps they'll be able to do something in audio or short video form during Laurel's death that can be done without CD having to fly all the way to Vancouver. 

• Love 1

Rumors say KC had a different contract than them with the CW and they gave her the opportunity to choose a pilot that was supposed to be her big break and she chose Arrow.

Also there were similar rumors about her being difficult going around when they recast Ruby that she was playing on SPN.

I'm not sure I feel bad for her because of the BTS stuff and because she is a rich, privileged woman and my sympathy for famous people's struggles is very limited in general.

• Love 3

It is known

I'm not trying to be a PITA but is there something you can point to that explicitly confirms this?  Someone from the show?

I'm convinced, but do you peeps have some juicy info we should all know about, or something???

• Love 2

Rumors say KC had a different contract than them with the CW and they gave her the opportunity to choose a pilot that was supposed to be her big break and she chose Arrow.

Also there were similar rumors about her being difficult going around when they recast Ruby that she was playing on SPN.

I'm not sure I feel bad for her because of the BTS stuff and because she is a rich, privileged woman and my sympathy for famous people's struggles is very limited in general.

Everything I understand about KC leaving SPN was that she wanted more money than they were willing to pay her which could be considered an effective firing.

Everything I understand about KC leaving SPN was that she wanted more money than they were willing to pay her which could be considered an effective firing.

I wasn't talking about that, I just said similar rumors about her having issues with the crew were going on back than as well.

I wasn't talking about that, I just said similar rumors about her having issues with the crew were going on back than as well.

I heard similar rumors that KC didn't get along with the cast and crew of Supernatural which is why it's more easy for me to believe that KC had BTS issues with the Arrow cast and crew as well. I honestly just don't believe that it's a coincidence she was accused of being difficult to work with on two completely different projects. *shrugs*

• Love 3

Gregory Smith has directed Nanda Parbat last year (I hated it) and Taken this year.  He's also directing Leviathan 1x13 LoT and Marooned, tonight's LoT. Someone (MG?) really loves him.

(edited)

Didn't Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki pretty much flat-out state that she was difficult to work with? I think they framed it as she works differently from them, but it certainly didn't make her sound great. And Kim Manners, a veteran tv director, said she was incredibly uncoordinated...I feel like if he'd otherwise really liked her he maybe wouldn't have said that publicly? (Like if I think a colleague is a shite lawyer I am much less likely to say that if I otherwise like the colleague.) Then there's the fake ID thing.

It's not just one thing, there are a lot of indicators that she's not necessarily the best colleague in the world. And if she's making production fall behind bc she messes up shots, yeah, I can see her getting canned. Think about how many shots we've scene in which Laurel-bot has powered down (the worst I remember is when Oliver's pulling Felicity out of the gas chamber and Laurel's standing in the foreground, kind of hunched, TOTALLY UNMOVING), so there are probably a lot more that they fix either by doing the shot again or editing. That's adding a lot of work for other people, for something that should not have been a problem to start with. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

To be fair, I think a lot of times it's the stunt double doing the robot thing.

I think that particular shot was her, wasn't it?

If that's the stuntwoman they need a new stuntwoman. It is completely bizarre.