Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Actors always say that, this is the best cast, everyone gets along, we're like family. My personal favorite are the one's I've heard lately that actually acknowledge that every actor says it and, then add but, this time it's really true. Which of course implies that in most cases it's not AND that the average audience has actually picked up on the sterotypical Hollywood bullshit line.

Personally I think DR's comments at cons not to mention KC's own actions at cons are more telling than the standard Hollywood line, JMHO.

I get the feeling that KC is in general a very nice, friendly person but that she gets particular about how she learns and does her lines (hence why she got along better with those that like to rehearse it a lot like PB) is probably someone that has trouble with getting places on time (we have the example of all those Cons) and isn't terribly coordinated when it comes to stunts (per the BTS stuff on Supernatural and KC herself in her most recent interview saying she could do a certain move herself perfectly fine off camera but when she was on camera, over and over she kept dropping the Tonfa.)  That kind of stuff could be viewed as friction early on and then examples of holding up the schedule without it being something actually negative about her as a person.  (Except for she probably should have just let the stunt woman do it in the first place)

I can't figure out how I feel about it. I mean, yeah I wanted it to be Laurel, but...it kind of feels like finding out what your Christmas gifts are in November. Lol. :)

Mostly, I want to know how this is going to affect Sara. How is she going to find out? When is she going to find out? Will she take up the black again to honor her sister? Or keep the white because her sister gave it to her? What will be the explanation for her not trying to go back in time to save Laurel? Lots of questions.

I can't imagine that they'd have time to address it in LoT (this season). They are already getting ready to film 1-14 which means 15&16 (the final episodes of the season) are probably already written.  Now that time line says the Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh would technically be around if they wanted them back in Star City to do some filming for Arrow.  So maybe they'd deal with it on Arrow rather than LoT? 

I can't believe they would waste Neal McDonough this way. For some reason I think he will be back wreaking havoc next season.

If they were done with him early this season, I'd have to think it was so they could bring him back next year but I go the impression from when they were discussing who Felicity's dad should be, that DD will be over by the end of the season.  I hope they make use of NMcD.  Don't know when they'll ever get another character as fun as him.  I already miss his gleeful evil. 

Hat, not shoe!

Didn't I say metaphoric hat at one point? A nice Beef Wellington? That I can do.

I'd go with some nice fruit rolls that you could shape into a plethora of fancy caps.  :D

CG spoiled the Mansion kiss, he also spoiled Felicity on a wheelchair and having hallucinations back in December. He also spoiled the Olicity wedding for 416

All of which came from his sources.

And the proposal in 4-9.  Yeah, he's an ass but an accurate ass. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

I get busy for a couple of days and come back to THIS?

Nooooo, I don't want this!

Oh, I'm not talking about Laurel's death. That I will be just fine with. It's the inflating optimism, followed by the possibility of a crushing truth that it's not her. 

But the more I look at the evidence, the more it seems like Laurel is the death. I don't know if they even have time to film 'fake out' funeral scenes. If they do, then props to them. But seeing as they keep getting behind schedule by a couple of days, I do think that this is legit. In which case...wow, I never would have expected this. Part of me wishes that this was kept more secret, because I would have enjoyed the surprise a lot more. I'll still be surprised a bit, but not by much now that it seems legit. 

• Love 5

I've determined Laurels death is still going to be a shock. Just read a write-up at ComicBook.com about the photos. They say it points to Capt Lance. They acknowledge he is wearing the flashback wig but apparently it's only to throw off fans. They don't mention KL but think the young girl is probably flashback Laurel. They note Donna isn't there and no mention of KCs look.

Wow.

Do you have a link? I kind of want to see.

These articles are all interpreting the leaked funeral pics to mean that Quentin is the one in the grave (and that PB came to set both with and without his wig to throw off fans)...

SPOILERS: Revealing ARROW Set Photos Reveal Who Is And Isn't In That Grave
Josh Wilding  02/28/16
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/arrow/spoilers-revealing-arrow-set-photos-reveal-who-is-and-isnt-in-that-a131544

Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Set Photos Reveal Who's in the Grave
In NewsFebruary 29, 2016 10:20:35 GMT
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00094757.html

'Arrow' Season 4 spoilers: Grave set photos reveal who is going to die
By Sachin Trivedi @sachintrivedig on February 29 2016 9:12 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com.au/arrow-season-4-spoilers-grave-set-photos-reveal-who-going-die-1506591

• Love 1

I've never seen so much denial over a fictional character dying honestly.People were so quick to believe that Felicity will die even though they built up her relationship with Oliver and importance to the show to a crazy level but won't believe they will kill off a sidelined mask that hasn't had a storyline all season and is forth in screentime just because she's a comic book character.I love that her dying will put an end to the because comics argument tbh.

• Love 10

LOL, it's funny that it doesn't seem to occur to them that she currently doesn't add anything to the narrative and that the writers said on multiple occasions they had issues making her fit in the show. If it was any other character or if this was another show no one would be surprised.

• Love 6

Honestly the spoilers pretty much guarantee that it's Laurel in the grave. There's not really anything substantial that goes against that. The only reason I'm holding back on believing it's 100% her is because, with this show, it's best for me to keep my expectations low. If, by whatever minuscule chance, it isn't Laurel, at least I wont have got my hopes up and be disappointed. 

• Love 3

I'm confused-why is Katie's current hair color a spoiler?

I've seen people on other boards say it means she's not in the grave because she went back to her blonde hair.

I don't get it because her hair color wasn't the relevant part really but it seems that people have latched onto KC's hair being back to blonde meaning LL is not in the grave.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

No, we should embrace that. Being powerful enough to influence the direction of a business worth hundreds of millions of dollars can be only a compliment in my book. What should Olicity shippers tackle next? Global warming, I think.

LOL, yeah, that's what I was thinking. We can rule the world. Let's list some issues, global warming is a good start but there's so much that can be done :)
  • Love 2

I've seen people on other boards say it means she's not in the grave because she went back to her blonde hair.

I don't get it because her hair color wasn't the relevant part really but it seems that people have latched onto KC's hair being back to blonde meaning LL is not in the grave.

I thought that was just the way she liked her hair. IIRC, MG even answered a Tumblr ask about it last season (or maybe the season before). Something like Katie wanted to go blond(er) and she asked if it was okay.

I'm still trying to catch up to all the pages of speculation, discussion and disbelief that I've missed over the past few days. As someone who never was a Laurel fan, I realized that I have some mixed feelings about her potential death. Happy, yet guilty for possibly getting what I thought I wanted…I can't commit to truly believing that LL is going to be killed off. Keeping my options open. I'm not sure what it says about me that I found myself browsing hat-themed desserts on Pinterest…

It reminds me of one of my old jobs where I got a new boss and he was horrible. But my coworkers and I couldn't do anything about it, so we got a "voodoo doll" from Archie McPhee and every time we got frustrated, we'd jab the doll. It was very cathartic. And then, after about 6 months, the evil boss was fired for being, well, evil. And we all sat around and looked warily at the doll full of pins, thinking, "Holy crap, it worked!" This is how I feel now.

• Love 15

I thought that was just the way she liked her hair. IIRC, MG even answered a Tumblr ask about it last season (or maybe the season before). Something like Katie wanted to go blond(er) and she asked if it was okay.

Yeah, MG has always said that if KC wanted to go blonde it was her call.  I really don't get why it's become a thing but everything now seems to hinge on the color of KC's hair.  Not sure if it's denial or desperation but that's what I'm seeing from a few fans.

Yeah, MG has always said that if KC wanted to go blonde it was her call. I really don't get why it's become a thing but everything now seems to hinge on the color of KC's hair. Not sure if it's denial or desperation but that's what I'm seeing from a few fans.

I figured the brown was spray color, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

If Laurel's dead, she's not going anywhere.

I'm about 90% on Laurel being dead. Only because I don't trust this show.

Yeah, I just asked because I had the horrible thought that they could pull some time travel shenanigans to move her there. Some scenario like the ones that were speculated before we knew Sara would be resurrected by the Lazarus Pit. 

They could use time travel to bring her back for a very special episode of LOT, but I honestly don't see that happening. The way they have talked about the death makes it sound like the are closing the book on the character. Given the rumors flying around about her being fired, I'm really curious if they knew from the start of season.

I wonder when they are start Vixen up, KC is going to have a role in that.

• Love 2

EVERYONE knows, but if it really was her last day of shooting last Friday, so she should not be with the other cast members on set.

She could be visiting the set, she could be filming pick up shots, she could be visiting the hair and makeup department person who keeps her dog or something.

• Love 2

I've never seen so much denial over a fictional character dying honestly.People were so quick to believe that Felicity will die even though they built up her relationship with Oliver and importance to the show to a crazy level but won't believe they will kill off a sidelined mask that hasn't had a storyline all season and is forth in screentime just because she's a comic book character.I love that her dying will put an end to the because comics argument tbh.

To be fair, if signs pointed to Diggle, I'd probably be in just as much denial.

• Love 11
The minute KC goes back to Vancouver , everyone's gonna panic.

That wouldn't make me panic at all. It takes awhile to move and such, and who knows what will happen with her work/bf situation. Lots of other shows shoot there, so I'd guess there's a good chance she'll work on getting another gig in the area. Probably go to LA a lot more, though, work on increasing her public profile there, too.

What do you mean the person who keeps her dog? Dog-sits for her, or the dog lives with this other person?

Edited by AyChihuahua
What do you mean the person who keeps her dog? Dog-sits for her, or the dog lives with this other person?

Apparently she gave the dog away, at least that's what someone told me.  

Edited by Morrigan2575

Apparently she gave the dog away, at least that's what someone told me.  

Because one small dog is so much work? Well that doesn't exactly make me like her, seeing as how my three dogs and current three foster dogs are a ginormous amount of work, and I don't even have a dog-walker (I live out in the country, nobody nearby).

Back when I was into Supernatural, there were a bunch of really cute videos of Jared Padalecki with his dog on set. There are so many people around on a set for a friendly dog to have fun with, and to watch the dog when the owner's busy. It looked like great fun for both dog and guy. So unless the Arrow set is very dog-unfriendly, that puts her squarely on my don't like list.

Edited by AyChihuahua

To be fair, if signs pointed to Diggle, I'd probably be in just as much denial.

Me. I'm not even a Laurel fan and I'm still in denial. LOL. While I don't deny the evidence is pretty convincing, I think we might be missing something. But the main reason is I don't want to get my hopes up because I don't trust this show. Plus it'll be pretty bad if we're all celebrating and it turns out she's not even dead. Even now the celebrating I'm seeing on twitter makes me uncomfortable tbh. Haha.

I will say it's strange we haven't heard any tweets from the cast like we did when they were filming Roy's goodbye. Although maybe they've been told not to do that because it gave the game away last year. I don't know. Maybe we'll get those when the death episode actually airs?

Whatever happens I'm just delighted it's not Diggle. I was worried for a while there. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

I will say it's strange we haven't heard any tweets from the cast like we did when they were filming Roy's goodbye. Although maybe they've been told not to do that because it gave the game away last year. I don't know. Maybe we'll get those when the death episode actually airs?

I think the cast tweeted about filming CH's last scenes because they wanted to trick the audience into thinking that Roy's death was real. For the big death this season, though, they're not going to intentionally give anything away because they want it to be a shock.

• Love 9