Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

All I remember from the book is that one should always keep a towel around. What other good advice does it offer?

"Would it save you a lot of trouble if I just gave up and wend mad now?" 

This one is good for Laurel; “If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

• Love 3

Laurel is in the preview because it's the opening sequence. She is in the episode stills because that's when the photographer was around.

I get she is trying to clear the scene for Diggle, but that was harsh. Check your attitude.

• Love 3

I understand why everyone's upset that there's too much Lololaurel in the promo materials, it's bad form. But I don't think the promo monkeys have an agenda because they're not smart enough to come up with it.

And yeah, Chico6 is totally a Lololaurel fangirl, but all she can do is manipulate promotion, she can't influence the actual show.

• Love 3

It just makes me upset that after the first half of the season we once again have to deal with annoying drama that will probably last until 3x22. The BM drama isn't even good drama and if the Calculator is supposed to be connected to Felicity then they manage to keep it more secret than any other of their epic storylines. 

I am just curious if Felicity will actually be allowed to end the season on a happy note. If Oliver wants to play house with BM or do training sessions with Laurel then Felicity should be allowed to go to be a badass CEO who invents sometimes that helps people with spinal injuries. 

However, I am not sure what is the actual prognosis. Donna said 'never', Felicity said she might never walk again. Oliver called it worst case scenario. Usually if you are paralyzed that is permanent. In most of the cases anyhow. 

This legit made me laugh. Oh, how shall I ever survive the heartbreak that apparently Oliver and Poppy will face, their two hearts have beat as one all season long.

I feel bad for the actress. But in all reality...Who cares about the flashbacks? 

• Love 1

From my TV listings:

Oliver struggles to make adjustments forced upon him by recent circumstances

Seriously? Who writes these things. Poor Oliver, Felicity is paralysed by a supervillain, how could such a terrible thing to happen to HIM!

All I can say is that with everything else that is looming, these next few episodes better not be Laurel ones in disguise. The EP's promised to delve more into Felicity and Diggle storylines. It's been four years, it's long overdue at this point.

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 3

Seriously? Who writes these things. Poor Oliver, Felicity is paralysed by a supervillain, how could such a terrible thing to happen to HIM!

That ep description was written and distributed when we were supposed to wonder whether or not Felicity survived - there's a reason she's not in that one, or the other ones that were released before ep 4x10 aired. 

• Love 1

I feel like Felicity's plot in 411 is gonna be a bit of a rehash of 214. She'll question her place in the team. She's not ready to go back in the field, but either she thinks she is, or Oliver/Team Arrow encourages her to be back in comms, and she'll screw up something [per whatever international promo that was]. And then she'll figure it out via hallucinations.

• Love 5

Well, one for Diggle and one for Felicity, isn't that enough? Otherwise you could miss epic court room drama or family drama or BM drama. 

Seeing the title of 4x16 does break my heart as well though. I had hoped for something better than this.

• Love 1

This legit made me laugh. Oh, how shall I ever survive the heartbreak that apparently Oliver and Poppy will face, their two hearts have beat as one all season long.

Poor Poppy. I can't wait to find out what's happen......zzzzzzz 

I actually feel a smidge bad for ER. She's got a pretty prominent role, works with a hot dude, and neither fans nor critics are remotely interested. I hope her next role goes better for her. And that's there's no accent involved.

All I remember from the book is that one should always keep a towel around. What other good advice does it offer?

Also - 42.

• Love 4

Didn't Thea and Oliver train in the training area and that is why Felicity "Over Lord" Smoak PA them?

But if they actually trained in the training area, how would we know Felicity is AWOL?

More seriously, is there really a training area on the set or is it just CGI?

• Love 1

The promo tag said "who can you trust when your life is on the line?"

The basic premise of all the clips is not that the team doubts Felicity but, Felicity is doibting herself. Which means Felicity doubting herself and (most likely) over coming her issues is her part of the story.

Yes, but the text accompanying the tweet and facebook post with the ad in it says "With the lives of her team on the line, can Felicity be trusted?" 

We know that it's going to be an internal struggle because we've seen the Australian promo with goth!Felicity and have read articles where WM says the team is going to be supportive. We also like Felicity and know she's strong and will overcome her physical and emotional struggles. But casual viewers who just scroll through twitter and facebook posts see the question of "can Felicity be trusted?" and the trailer with her popping pills, failing at a hack, and the team mission going sideways. Seems like the promo monkeys are implying that she's a liability now because of what happened to her. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I feel like Felicity's plot in 411 is gonna be a bit of a rehash of 214. She'll question her place in the team. She's not ready to go back in the field, but either she thinks she is, or Oliver/Team Arrow encourages her to be back in comms, and she'll screw up something [per whatever international promo that was]. And then she'll figure it out via hallucinations.

Yep, i think that's pretty much it.

So do you all think 16 might be the flashback heavy episode? I mean why would poppy tweet it's happening?

Possible it's bound to happen sometime and we can't seem to place it.

That will be hysterical though, come back from a 2 week break to a flashback heavy episode? Hahaha who would watch? LOL (joking I'm sure there are people who like/love the S4 flashbacks)

Edited by Morrigan2575

Does Oliver plays house with BM has any legitimate spoilers? Personally that occurring is the least of my worries.

LL being featured so prominently, especialy considering there is no actual storyline for her until Laurel Lawyering becomes a thing, is way more annoying. It seems to me, (and I hope this is true), they are throwing crumbs to KC to make up for the fact that there is nothing substantial for her in the next block of episodes, maybe since traditionally this has been "Arrow presents LL" section the season. But as a fan of everything but LL, this is super frustrating.

I won't be surprised if an image of Goth Felicity is released soon, to counterbalance and appease.

4.16 title is upsetting but if it is flashback heavy, then Poppy finds out Oliver killed the brother while in present day the fall-out from the break-up occurs. I hope this isn't a sweeps episode since it seems like it will be very unenjoyable. Promo monkeys will have to work overtime to convince people to watch...if it is like as I speculated.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 2

We know that it's going to be an internal struggle because we've seen the Australian promo with goth!Felicity and have read articles where WM says the team is going to be supportive. We also like Felicity and know she's strong and will overcome her physical and emotional struggles. But casual viewers who just scroll through twitter and facebook posts see the question of "can Felicity be trusted?" and the trailer with her popping pills, failing at a hack, and the team mission going sideways. Seems like the promo monkeys are implying that she's a liability now because of what happened to her.

I promise you, casual viewers are probably like, "Yes, I want to tune in and see if she can be trusted!" and give zero thought about it past that. They don't examine things like we do. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6
(edited)

I promise you, casual viewers are probably like, "Yes, I want to tune in and see if she can be trusted!" and give zero thought about it past that. They don't examine things like we do.

I seriously doubt Casual Viewers spend time online looking at Arrow related tweets or Facebook.

I'm a casual viewer of most shows. I have no fucking clue what's going on with the majority of them. If I like the promo I watch if I don't I skip.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I seriously doubt Casual Viewers spend time online looking at Arrow related tweets or Facebook.

I'm a casual viewer of most shows. I have no fucking clue what's going on with the majority of them. If I like the promo I watch if I don't I skip.

That's true. Everyone I know IRL who watches Arrow - which is only about 3 or 4 people - don't watch promos or pay attention to stills and such. Those things are for us. Any time I ask one of them if they've seen whatever promo, the answer is always no. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Most people who watch tv shows aren't casual" viewers. They are general viewers but they watch every week. They see the promo after the episode and if on any other show they watch and might see the pictures if they click on a website that has them up.  

• Love 4

I think the majority of casual or "general" viewers - however you want to phrase it, don't go looking for advance ep descriptions, seeking out spoilers, or searching for stills. Maybe they'd click on an article if it happened to be in a sidebar, but for the most part they just watch the previews on TV and tune in at the same time every week. I seriously, seriously doubt most people would look very deeply into what they're promoting and think there's an intentional push to make Felicity look incompetent or "less than" anyone else on the team. 

• Love 6

The way Laurel was talking to the cops remind me of 3x05. She had the same attitude there.

Thinking the episode is a redux of 2x14 makes me less excited. They need to make me understand why she feels she can't be on the Team, when her injury doesn't prevent her.

No that would be Felicity fans and perhaps Laurel haters. 

....I seriously, seriously doubt most people would look very deeply into what they're promoting and think there's an intentional push to make Felicity look incompetent or "less than" anyone else on the team. 

The way Laurel was talking to the cops remind me of 3x05. She had the same attitude there.

Thinking the episode is a redux of 2x14 makes me less excited. They need to make me understand why she feels she can't be on the Team, when her injury doesn't prevent her.

Laurel always talks like that when she believes she is in the right. And if I was writing Felicity's her motivation would be her mind is all over the place. First since she's taking meds-she's probably in pain. And on top of dealing with real life challenges (getting ramps and scheduling PT and more) her worrying about how she can still be a part of the team if she's a lot less mobile seems believable to me, The lair is invaded a lot plus she has had to take care of herself this season. She was self conscious in the beginning and while she has gotten more confident nagging worries and doubts would resurface. If her mind isn't clear she can make a mistake and that could really set her back mentally. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

Who are Rebecca Belloto and Nolan Dunbar? Are they new to the writer's room? Hmm... ER is excited about Poppy things and new writers are tackling the aftermath of the BMD kidnapping. Not liking the sound of 4x16, so far. But I guess, Cupid's back so that's something.

I wonder if, aside from Oliver and Felicity's break-up/break-up aftermath, this might also turn out to be the episode where Poppy and Oliver sleep together then she finds out about her brother afterwards (thanks to Conklin), in the flashbacks? Maybe that's what's got ER so #happy #it'shappening.

Wait. If that salty paparazzo caught the filming, does this mean that Felicity is filming outside/in the field with Oliver, Diggle, and Thea? Is she still in the wheelchair? Or are they all just out and about, and Cupid comes along? Isn't Cupid still under ARGUS? Did she escape? I have so many questions... I wonder if he'll post pics soon.

• Love 2

I can't believe I'm saying this but isn't it possible Laurel is clearing the cops ou in the comic previewt so Diggle can come in and examine the body?

Cupid entertains me.  Maybe Cupid senses Oliver's availability?! LOL!

• Love 1

But if they actually trained in the training area, how would we know Felicity is AWOL?

More seriously, is there really a training area on the set or is it just CGI?

Maybe they put Andy's cage there???

Where is the oh laurel gif. Cause that was my rxn to the comic preview. And also made me not sad that I have a computer class that night. My son can screen for nonsense that will anger me...

I genuinely love the Cupid actress. She is good in Arrow and she was great as young Mary in Supernatural. Not a huge fan of the character, though. Last we saw she was over the Arrow, so who's she in love with now?

umm the last episode she was in, last season, she developed a crush on Deathshot. Who is probably dead in the arrowverse but.. who knows.

All I got from the reactions to the recent promo pictures is that Felicity fans are super sensitive and protective of their girl right now. It is not that they are pressed about Laurel like some are saying but this paralysis storyline and the incoming BM storyline has sent them into level 1 defcon mode. It would have been soo amusing if I wasn't raging a long with them. 

• Love 5

All I got from the reactions to the recent promo pictures is that Felicity fans are super sensitive and protective of their girl right now. It is not that they are pressed about Laurel like some are saying but this paralysis storyline and the incoming BM storyline has sent them into level 1 defcon mode. It would have been soo amusing if I wasn't raging a long with them. 

Not just BM, BM lies. AND evil abandoning daddy AND Oliver's marriage to Nyssa raising its seriously homophobic and ugly head AND probably going to have to help save kid Oliver couldn't be bothered to tell her about AND someone she seems to love dying.

umm the last episode she was in, last season, she developed a crush on Deathshot. Who is probably dead in the arrowverse but.. who knows.

That is what I meant by her being over the Arrow.

• Love 6

Not just BM, BM lies. AND evil abandoning daddy AND Oliver's marriage to Nyssa raising its seriously homophobic and ugly head AND probably going to have to help save kid Oliver couldn't be bothered to tell her about AND someone she seems to love dying.

Damn! I forgot about the dad and Nyssa along with the League of Lames. Yeah. Soo freaking depressing. 

I genuinely love the Cupid actress. She is good in Arrow and she was great as young Mary in Supernatural.

Ever since I found out she auditioned for Laurel, I've been very bitter that the role went to KC instead.

So Cupid, Katana, Nyssa, Roy..... That's enough to keep me watching. Damn you show. Not crazy about some of the other things I'm reading, particularly anything to do with Oliver and Laurel having anything to do with each other, but maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds? Yeah ok. :(

• Love 4