Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Wendy's comments in her CBR interview (posted in Spoilers thread) make me think that Oliver is going to be using magic himself by the end of this season.  Maybe that will even out the playing field when he's fighting with/against metahumans in the future.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Wendy's comments in her CBR interview (posted in Spoilers thread) make me think that Oliver is going to be using magic himself by the end of this season.  Maybe that will even out the playing field when he's fighting with/against metahumans in the future.

Will they turn him into Dr. Strange? Has OQ ever used magic in the comics? I would love to get a look into the writers' room's overall plan for this season and what they accomplished.

• Love 2

Yeah even until around the time the death happens,which I think is the longest she can stay in the wheelchair,seems like its too long.I'm hoping she's cured in episode 15 tbh.

I think there will be a flash forward at the end of 4.10 probably.And I get the feeling its the hospital scene with Thea in the promo.Also I think they might show Felicity in the flashforward.Hopefully walking to Oliver but that could be wishful thinking.

Edited by tangerine95

Yeah even until around the time the death happens,which I think is the longest she can stay in the wheelchair,seems like its too long.I'm hoping she's cured in episode 15 tbh.

Palmer Tech board meeting, which should be one week after the death (death six months from 4.1, board meeting six months from 4.2).

• Love 1

I think there will be a flash forward at the end of 4.10 probably.And I get the feeling its the hospital scene with Thea in the promo.Also I think they might show Felicity in the flashforward. Hopefully walking to Oliver but that could be wishful thinking.

I would like that as well, could you imagine it? Completely eliminating Felicity (and possibly Thea, if the scene implies that something happened that puts Thea in the hospital and "someone" in a grave, since Oliver is already wearing his funeral outfit) from the grave speculation right off the bat after over a month of "she's dead" promotion, and already telling the audience that the "she'll never walk again" story is temporary and going to end come April? It would be like the end of 310 already revealing that Oliver was alive with the help of present-day Tatsu so that the audience could know that Oliver wouldn't be "dead" for long.

• Love 1

I'm worried that with all the action that has been previewed (fights against the ghosts, DD, and Anarky), the Diggle-Andy scenes, Laurel-Thea chatting, flashbacks, and the last 2 minutes apparently reserved for a flash-forward, will we even have time for scenes of Oliver at Felicity's bedside at all?

I'm worried that with all the action that has been previewed (fights against the ghosts, DD, and Anarky), the Diggle-Andy scenes, Laurel-Thea chatting, flashbacks, and the last 2 minutes apparently reserved for a flash-forward, will we even have time for scenes of Oliver at Felicity's bedside at all?

There was one shot of Oliver looking solemnly out of a window in a hospital room and SA and CR had a photo together on the set of that same room (or at least on a set that was not that hallway from the promos). Plus, AK did give a shout out to SA and EBR for tonight, so I'd like to think that there's at least one or two scenes with something like that.

I would like that as well, could you imagine it? Completely eliminating Felicity (and possibly Thea, if the scene implies that something happened that puts Thea in the hospital and "someone" in a grave, since Oliver is already wearing his funeral outfit) from the grave speculation right off the bat after over a month of "she's dead" promotion, and already telling the audience that the "she'll never walk again" story is temporary and going to end come April? It would be like the end of 310 already revealing that Oliver was alive with the help of present-day Tatsu so that the audience could know that Oliver wouldn't be "dead" for long.

Yeah that would be great for me tbh.Not sure if they would show her walking but I think its possible.I mean telling the audience the big fan favorite character and one of the few light spots of the show is permanently paralyzed is a big risk imo.The general audience seems to have bought that she might be dead,they would buy this too.It would make sense imo to show it won't be permanent in a flashforward but they might want maximum drama and angst from it so who knows.

I also think it makes sense to eliminate Thea and Felicity from the grave suspects list since they've both had recent near death experiences with a huge focus on Oliver's reaction.Its unlikely they would repeat that this season anyway.

• Love 1

I'm not willing to wait that long.

LOL if it was up to me she wouldn't be in a Goddamn wheelchair either. I'm still pissed that the non masks get the worst on this show Dead or Seriously hurt. I know Thea basically "Died" last year so did Oliver but they recovered cause of being one of the masks or they were about to be. Tommy And Moira DEAD, Felicity Paralyzed. Quentin probably Dead by the end of the season

• Love 1

Ugh I know thats totally possible but I'm hoping it happens sooner.

I think we'll get indications that she/Curtis are working on a fix before the big reveal, but I doubt they can resist the DRRAAAAAMMMMAAAAA of her standing up from the wheelchair and walking into the board meeting.

Yeah that would be great for me tbh.Not sure if they would show her walking but I think its possible.I mean telling the audience the big fan favorite character and one of the few light spots of the show is permanently paralyzed is a big risk imo.

If they show her tonight in a post-grave flash-forward at all, but especially walking, I will eat my hat. That would completely undercut the story they're telling right now. It's not the same as showing Oliver alive, because the next episode and the episode after also showed him alive. They didn't show him alive and then skip him being alive for like eight episodes.  For whatever reason, the same reason they've convinced half the general audience that Felicity is dead, they are totally fine with convincing the audience that the awful thing done to her is real and permanent.

Which is why I would die laughing if they've done such a good job convincing people Felicity's dead that all the general audience who loves Felicity doesn't watch tonight and ratings plummet. I 100% don't expect it, but I would legit laugh Joker-style if it happened.

Edited by AyChihuahua

So Laurel is going to take DD to court? Omg please let Guggie write that episode. *rubs hands*

what if it's not DD but his wife that she is going after?

I mean mess with me? fine. Mess with the people I love? i'll bloody hell rip your heart out (or in DD case suffocate you with my dark magic)..

• Love 1

I think we'll get indications that she/Curtis are working on a fix before the big reveal, but I doubt they can resist the DRRAAAAAMMMMAAAAA of her standing up from the wheelchair and walking into the board meeting.

If they show her tonight in a post-grave flash-forward at all, but especially walking, I will eat my hat. That would completely undercut the story they're telling right now. It's not the same as showing Oliver alive, because the next episode and the episode after also showed him alive. They didn't show him alive and then skip him being alive for like eight episodes.  For whatever reason, the same reason they've convinced half the general audience that Felicity is dead, they are totally fine with convincing the audience that the awful thing done to her is real and permanent.

Which is why I would die laughing if they've done such a good job convincing people Felicity's dead that all the general audience who loves Felicity doesn't watch tonight and ratings plummet. I 100% don't expect it, but I would legit laugh Joker-style if it happened.

No I totally agree its likely they save the big moment of her walking for the board meeting.I just think its possible she shows up in a flash forward,the walking part is more wishful thinking that would make the storyline easier for me get through.Also I'm not totally sure what they're trying to do with this storyline now that we know Oracle is of the table for good,so I'm kind of waiting to see this episode and probably 4.11 to get a better idea of whats the point.

Idk that they would quit until she's dead for sure.They've been puting the grave in the promos but I think people would wait to see for sure.I think putting her in a wheelchair for 8 episodes and trying to make people think its permanent is the bigger risk especially if the storyline is horribly depressing like its likely to be.They should at least hint at a cure as soon as 4.11 imo if they don't want to show her walking in a flash forward.

• Love 1

If the scene with Thea in the Hospital bed IS a Flash Forward and they show Felicity come in I'm willing to bet they show her in a Wheelchair and maybe her and Oliver talk about how HE helped save Thea and gave his life to save her. Cue Meltdown of fans thinking Diggle is in the Grave

Has anyone seen the actress who's playing Vixen in anything in the last ten-ish years? Is she any good? Bc she was in one episode of Supernatural in S1 and she was really bad.

Ever seen That 70's Show? She played Hyde's sister

Idk that they would quit until she's dead for sure.They've been puting the grave in the promos but I think people would wait to see for sure.I think putting her in a wheelchair for 8 episodes and trying to make people think its permanent is the bigger risk especially if the storyline is horribly depressing like its likely to be.They should at least hint at a cure as soon as 4.11 imo if they don't want to show her walking in a flash forward.

I think we tend to judge other people's knowledge/intelligence by our own, but from Twitter, etc., a ton of people really think she's dead. Like really for real think she's dead. I mean, people are DUMB. As dtissagirl has pointed out several times, the math doesn't work for Felicity being in the grave (unless she's in a coma for three months, bc sure, an action show would put a main character in a coma for months), but that doesn't register with a lot of people. Something like 10% of college graduates were just reported as believing Martin Luther King, Jr. endorsed Donald Trump for U.S. President. I guess, from the grave? 

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public. 

• Love 1

Oh, on some sites there are quite a few people who think Oliver was just visiting either Moira's or Tommy's grave. That happened to have fresh dirt and fresh flowers (on metal stands, people DO NOT bring those big flower arrangements when they visit graves years later). And more fundamentally, the writers would set up the driving factor behind a whole season of tv around...a routine visit to the grave of someone who's been dead for years?

Oh, on some sites there are quite a few people who think Oliver was just visiting either Moira's or Tommy's grave. That happened to have fresh dirt and fresh flowers (on metal stands, people DO NOT bring those big flower arrangements when they visit graves years later). And more fundamentally, the writers would set up the driving factor behind a whole season of tv around...a routine visit to the grave of someone who's been dead for years?

lol yes I've seen that theory a few times.Also one I've seen way too often and makes even less sense is the theory that the grave belongs to Oliver and Felicity's dead unborn child after she has a miscarriage in the midseason finale but they for some reason wait 3 months to have a funeral.

Guess it will be interesting to see if the ratings are affected by the constant use of the grave in the promos.

lol yes I've seen that theory a few times.Also one I've seen way too often and makes even less sense is the theory that the grave belongs to Oliver and Felicity's dead unborn child after she has a miscarriage in the midseason finale but they for some reason wait 3 months to have a funeral.

Guess it will be interesting to see if the ratings are affected by the constant use of the grave in the promos.

Seriously. How many early (we know would be early bc not showing) miscarriages get full-size gravesites with flowers and headstones? Probably quite close to zero.

Seriously, people are DUMB.

I do not think ratings will be affected. I would just love it if they were.

Is it weird to be bored by this episode so far? Totally not what I expected.

Edited by Guest

No, it's boring. And even though I expected Oliver to avoid the hospital, I'm super irritated by the way this is playing out so far. He better break down at the end.

• Love 3

Needs 1000% more Felicity tbh. Otherwise yeah it's sort of boring. Just people kicking people's butts (which, been there done that) and Thea gets her own fanboy

• Love 2

Oh good. I'm not the only one then. If this is what the show is like without Felicity, I am 100% never gonna watch again. It's eye opening. 

I thought it was me! Uh, to not be off-topic, Felicity's injury better not take her out of this show for much longer, or it'll rapidly join my meh list. I don't think I realized how much she brings to the show. A Felicity-less TA is not one I want to watch. Sorry Dig and Thea!

I remember Vixen's actress from Supernatural, and she was pretty bad, but she's had more than enough time to improve. Fingers crossed.

Edited by calliope1975

Did he seriously say he needed to see Felicity and then take off to go bust Machin out of police custody? I was whelmed, now I'm underwhelmed. And disappointed in this loser*, haha.

*I know he's in avoiding Moira's funeral mode, but for real he better turn this around quick.  

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I'm really trying to understand Oliver here. But he stayed away from her the entire time...and he kept her engagement ring so she didn't have it? He also didn't know how many doctors saw her already?? I get not seeing her, but also not knowing how many surgeries and what the doctors are saying is something else imo. 

• Love 4

He's an emotional moron* to the point where he avoided his own mother's funeral. I can see him doing the same here. 

*and every other kind of moron, really

Irritated but not totally surprised by Felicity - the one who just found out she lost the use of her legs - comforting him. ALL THE MANPAIN!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

He avoided his mom's funeral, but she was dead, so it didn't hurt her. Avoiding Felicity in the hospital is pretty disgusting. He needs to get his shit under control and start thinking about other people's feelings, instead of only thinking about his own manpain.

• Love 4

I'm definitely now thnking that the death happens in episode 17/18.... IDK why but that'll give them time to resolve the issues between O/F (although right now I'm more worried about Felicity, O/F can take a back seat) as well as resolve Oliver finding and killing whoever killed X. 

I think Quentin is out of the equation because Felicity doesn't really care for him that much... It can't be Thea because Oliver would've been way more upset... So we're left with Digg/Laurel... Admittedly Felicity would cry for anyone in the team, but with tonight's episode it seems like the biggest anvil fell on Digg... Since I'm not okay with that, I'm still on the Laurel will die train. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

So, no Show, based on the promo for next week, I do not accept Felicity quitting TA. TA blows without FS. Perhaps this is when we'll get Goth!Felicity either playing into her worst fears or kicking her ass. I vote for kicking her ass because we need more Tommy-type hallucinations. 

• Love 1

I've seen speculation that they pushed the death back a month. The grave flash forward said 4 months, not 3 months. Given the timeframe set up in 409 (3 months from 401 stated by Felicity), it seems they either suck at math or death is now 7 months

• Love 1

So, no Show, based on the promo for next week, I do not accept Felicity quitting TA. TA blows without FS. Perhaps this is when we'll get Goth!Felicity either playing into her worst fears or kicking her ass. I vote for kicking her ass because we need more Tommy-type hallucinations. 

I'm really hoping that this means that we'll get more insight into what Felicity feels about everything that happened. She wants to quit, but goth!Felicity won't let her and will kick her ass until she gets up and saves the team when they need saving. 

• Love 4