Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It's all semantics, so I'm not trying to start a big discussion, but for what it's worth MM was the official Big Bad of S1. Whether he's a big bad now according to the EPs, who knows, but he certainly WAS a Big Bad, so I certainly consider teaming up with him last season as teaming up with a big bad to beat a [supposedly] bigger bad.

• Love 2

These people don't seem to have a very good memory when it comes to things that have happened on their show. But it isn't worth arguing about, at all. Especially considering a team-up is probably not it. 

Edited by apinknightmare

I still consider Malcolm the Big Bad of the entire show to this point, because nothing that happens to Oliver and Family happens if he doesn't sink the Queen's Gambit. IMO,he's done the absolute worst things in the show to this point. Just because they have him ally with Oliver or because EPs or John Barrowman go with the "The Villain thinks he's the hero in his own story" doesn't make him not a villain. 

"Cool motive. Still murder".

I suspect that it will be a fight between Malcolm and Damien Darkh. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I suspect that it will be a fight between Malcolm and Damien Darkh. 

JB did mention that he was filming something spoilerific earlier, although that was for 414, I guess. Although I would wonder how a fight between them would really change anything unless one of them killed the other.

So the pic in the Spoiler Only thread is not actually KC, right? (The main one, I mean.)

I love that she's holding a tonfa while a large man with a gun is right next to her.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

JB did mention that he was filming something spoilerific earlier, although that was for 414, I guess. Although I would wonder how a fight between them would really change anything unless one of them killed the other.

It really depends on HOW they fight.  Basically they both know magic. Maybe their fight ultimately destroys the Glades again? I dunno, just throwing stuff out there. 

I think the show is talking out of it's ass about "something never done before". I mean they've done pretty much everything they can with a villain, short of having one of them having sex with Oliver.  LOL. 

• Love 1

So the pic in the Spoiler Only thread is not actually KC, right? (The main one, I mean.)

No, that's KC.

Does MM know magic in the show?

I think he knows some kind of sleight of hand/tricks, since they call him the Magician. But he doesn't seem to know the kind of magic DD uses, since he wasn't able to counter him when they were fighting in 4x09.

Edited by apinknightmare

Vixen is in 4.15 also.  Does she have magical powers beyond taking on animal attributes?  Can she render him powerless which allows him to be captured?  He goes to jail.  Cue Laurel Lance ADA in court in 4.16.  Malcolm frees him somehow for a favor ala helping Vandal Savage.  This ultimately leads to body in grave.  TA finds out and turns on Malcolm.  Malcolm goes dark.

Isn't Nyssa supposed to come back?  Do we know when?  Malcolm's spoilery scenes could be with her.   

• Love 1

The stunt doubles chin is squarer (if that is even a word). It's KC.

Stills don't look very exciting. At least they confirm Anarchy is in this episode.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

Does anyone have any ideas on how it can be improved?

I'd start by tossing it into a blazing inferno. 

Then, if they're dead-set on giving him a helmet-type thing, give him an actual helmet that won't obscure his vision. He'd look like a biker, and no one would be able to pick him out of a crowd. And it would give him some protection in the back of the head.

• Love 10

My computer cannot zoom in enough on the eyelashes to get a conclusive opinion about whether or not it is KC. But honestly, who cares it's a boring still?

As for what the bad guys can do that is so epicly game-changing... who knows.... I'm beginning to wonder if I care. :(

I don't think it would be a team-up between DD & TA. The only big bad that will probably ever team up with TA is MM. I do wonder perhaps if it will be a team-up between two big bads, we've yet to have that. I do wonder though if people are right and they might actually try to use the real justice system to bring DD to justice. They've never prosecuted the big bad before. The closest thing was MQ's trial and that was kind of a grey area considering MQ was never the official big bad.

• Love 2

Not sure how prosecuting a guy who knows magic would work, unless someone steals his totem or whatever it is that's giving him the power to do what he does. Or they figure out that he loses his powers the longer he's away from it or something. 

• Love 4

The idea of DD being brought down by Laurel's Lawyer skills is amusing.

I laughed so hard at this, I'm sorry.

But I do like Lawyer Laurel a bit though, so I'm wondering what she's even doing as a lawyer that would be worth mentioning for 416.

• Love 2

I was thinking about the game changer mentioned by Marc. Since he shows up in that episode, is there any chance that the reveal might be that Felicity's dad is a bigger villain than Damien Dahrk?  I don't know enough about comics to know where each of them fall on the scale of super villains, but it would certainly fit the theme of it being Felicity's worst year ever, and I would imagine that no matter how evil he might pissed at Dahrk for hurting his daughter.  

• Love 1

I laughed so hard at this, I'm sorry.

But I do like Lawyer Laurel a bit though, so I'm wondering what she's even doing as a lawyer that would be worth mentioning for 416.

I swear the last time Laurel as a Lawyer got press was when she punched a guy on the courtroom steps.

• Love 1

Prosecuting DD would put LL in the crosshairs of HIVE and contribute to her being possibly killed as a result. So I vote for it, regardless of how ludicrous the thought of a magical really old man being brought down by the subpar legal skills of  LL who couldn't even find a way to keep the Brick crew from bring released.

• Love 5

I was thinking about the game changer mentioned by Marc. Since he shows up in that episode, is there any chance that the reveal might be that Felicity's dad is a bigger villain than Damien Dahrk?  I don't know enough about comics to know where each of them fall on the scale of super villains, but it would certainly fit the theme of it being Felicity's worst year ever, and I would imagine that no matter how evil he might pissed at Dahrk for hurting his daughter.  

I think he said the big game changer is 4.15, while as far as we know Felicity's Evil Father is in 4.12/4.13. 

For the record, though, I'd be totally cool with that. In fact I think I'd enjoy it. Like The Calculator has DD killed for messing with Felicity? I could deal with that. 

• Love 5

Wouldn't they have to catch DD before they can prosecute him?  416 seems early for that.

I don't know the scales of villainy in the comic books but Tom A. is only booked for two episodes so I think it's unlikely he would be a bigger villain than DD who is the Big Bad of the season.

• Love 2

If they connect him to the shooting than the police could arrest him in 415/6. It's not like he is hiding. Plus that still gives the show plenty of time to have the trial fall apart and DD get out in time to reek havoc in the end. But honestly, it's probably not worth it to even work out the details, since the writers will probably just mess it up anyway.

What major crime could they charge Damien with? This is like getting Capone for tax evasion but not for the reasons you really wanted to take him down. So what has Damien done thus far that Laurel can prove he did or attempted do and get him charged with? Did I miss anything and seriously does she have anything to work with here?

* Someone killed the city council members

* Killed the soldier guy

* Someone shot up Oliver's beach project

* Attempted to kill Oliver

* Someone has been ripping off Kord Industries

* Someone blew up some railroad cars (Arrow)

Edited by Ann Mack

I swear the last time Laurel as a Lawyer got press was when she punched a guy on the courtroom steps.

Ha!

Although, to be fair, she got press also in the beginning of 317 when she was arguing that they weren't pursuing charges yet at the press conference against Ray who was accusing the Arrow of murdering those people, but even Ray didn't listen to her on that one.

Perhaps Darhk turns himself in for reasons hidden from the audience/to give the city a false sense of security? But, yeah, too many theories and details flying at this point. 

Lmao the way I see it happening is to make Laurel look like an idiot yet again, which is pretty much the only way the show can portray LL, unfortunately:

Laurel gets the dumb idea to prosecute DD and convinces TA to prosecute DD, and somehow the team capitulates to her orders (because apparently she's an equal). Laurel prosecutes DD (and that puts her directly in his line of fire) in episode 16 and maybe 17. 

DD escapes in episode 18/19 and he comes out angrier and starts killing people left and right and has a new goal to kill LL as well for directly going against him.

He will probably kill the person in the grave in episode 20. Now in the end Quentin might figure DDs new mission to kill LL as well and sacrifice his life for her (which means that people would probably blame LL for his death), OR DD successfully kills LL.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

What major crime could they charge Damien with? This is like getting Capone for tax evasion but not for the reasons you really wanted to take him down. So what has Damien done thus far that Laurel can prove he did or attempted do and get him charged with? Did I miss anything and seriously does she have anything to work with here?

* Someone killed the city council members

* Killed the soldier guy

* Someone shot up Oliver's beach project

* Attempted to kill Oliver

* Someone has been ripping off Kord Industries

* Someone blew up some railroad cars (Arrow)

Well, DD showed up at Oliver's party and took Thea, Diggle, and Felicity. (And killed 6 guards) They had witnesses at least for the kidnappings but since DD admitted to killing the guards, that probably counts too.  They've already released his picture to the public so people would know his name.  Later, Oliver was there for the rescue as himself and the police showed up shortly after.  I'd say they'd have a great case if they can find him. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Vixen is in 4.15 also.  Does she have magical powers beyond taking on animal attributes?  Can she render him powerless which allows him to be captured?  He goes to jail.  Cue Laurel Lance ADA in court in 4.16.  Malcolm frees him somehow for a favor ala helping Vandal Savage.  This ultimately leads to body in grave.  TA finds out and turns on Malcolm.  Malcolm goes dark.

Even if he goes to jail, of which I'm doubtful, why would he stay there unoess it served his purposes? We saw him evaporate on multiple occasions already. Why nit just repeat an oldie but a goodie.

Stills don't look very exciting. At least they confirm Anarchy is in this episode.

This actually surprises me. How does he fit in the episode?
  • Love 1