Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Underwhelming promo, but cool that Digg's on board with Oliver kicking Ghost ass.

And yeah, she's going to be paralyzed. I don't see how that's at all surprising at this point. They might even call her Oracle now that Teen Titans is dead.

Yay for a lighter season.

• Love 2

I'll wait till I see to judge, but I find it kind of hard to believe that Oliver wouldn't be around while Felicity was having surgery. I get that he'd want to find Darhk right away, but...eh. And then Thea has to tell him that she's out? Hopefully Quentin was there with Donna while she was waiting. 

• Love 7

I'll wait till I see to judge, but I find it kind of hard to believe that Oliver wouldn't be around while Felicity was having surgery. I get that he'd want to find Darhk right away, but...eh. And then Thea has to tell him that she's out? Hopefully Quentin was there with Donna while she was waiting. 

I can actually see him wanting to do SOMETHING and not feel helpless which is why he goes after Darhk. Oliver is usually a man of action so yeah it makes sense to me :)

• Love 2

I can actually see him wanting to do SOMETHING and not feel helpless which is why he goes after Darhk. Oliver is usually a man of action so yeah it makes sense to me :)

I can see him going after Darhk, but the fact that he's away when she comes out and has to be told by someone else doesn't seem right to me. 

• Love 6

Seems like my question of whether they'll have a VOTW for the next two episodes is answered. Thea'll probably have to deal with him while the rest of the plots are going on. Still wondering what Darhk's doing, though. Was he talking to his wife about new beginnings and the end of the world? Appreciate that Thea's been paying attention to Felicity's recovery and that Diggle seems gung-ho for revenge too, but yeah, Oliver needing to be told what Felicity's condition is does not sit right with me off the back. Will continue to wait for context.

Love that they're still milking this Felicity injured/Flash forward grave thing.

• Love 1

I can see him going after Darhk, but the fact that he's away when she comes out and has to be told by someone else doesn't seem right to me. 

IDK why it seems right to me... Maybe it's because he's so consumed with 'unbridled rage' that it makes sense to me? Sometimes people who get that ragey tend to get tunnel vision and only think about one goal. And to Oliver that goal is to kill Damien for what he did.  

• Love 5

IDK why it seems right to me... Maybe it's because he's so consumed with 'unbridled rage' that it makes sense to me? Sometimes people who get that ragey tend to get tunnel vision and only think about one goal. And to Oliver that goal is to kill Damien for what he did.  

Okay. I'm not saying he wouldn't be consumed with rage and thinking mostly about his goal of killing Darhk. I'm saying that it seems ridiculous to me that Thea somehow gets notified of her condition but Oliver doesn't. I'm hoping he at least asks after her a few times or something. Like I said, I'll wait for context until I judge. 

• Love 4

Okay. I'm not saying he wouldn't be consumed with rage and thinking mostly about his goal of killing Darhk. I'm saying that it seems ridiculous to me that Thea somehow gets notified of her condition but Oliver doesn't. I'm hoping he at least asks after her a few times or something. Like I said, I'll wait for context until I judge. 

I definitely see you POV. I hope it actually turns out your way. It definitely is the better one :p

Yeah, I can actually see it happening. During the middle, they'll probably have Thea or Diggle mention to Oliver that he should probably visit the hospital to check up on what's happening, but he'll just stay mission-oriented because it's just something for him to do rather than sit and wait at the hospital for bad news that he wouldn't be able to change. 

I get it, but it feels strange to have Thea (who's had all of one real conversation with Felicity) be the one to tell Oliver the news. I appreciate that it at least shows that Thea does care about Felicity to, you know, keep herself updated on her condition, but something does feel a bit off and purposefully dramatic to me. 

Overall, I'm fine with it, but I'll admit that just through me off for a second.

• Love 3

Well, that promo was pretty lame. And yeah, it's kind of weird that Thea finds out Felicity is out of surgery before Oliver does. I'm guessing dude is in massive denial and trying to fight his feelings out in the field. Other than that, meh. Still trying to convince the audience that Felicity dies. Uh okay. You tried, boo.

Edited by Guest

If it's a scheduled surgery and he leaves before she's awake, that seems fairly crappy to me. Not sure why he couldn't wait until she wakes up to go beat people up. 

• Love 4

I think they will end the episode with whatever news comes from Felicitys surgery. That means that she will probably be hovering over life and death or maybe in a medically induced coma during the episode. They can't spend an episode on Oliver in the hospital just waiting for word. I think he is going to rage out or Donna is going to tell him to get the ones who hurt Felicity.

• Love 7

When is Q going to lead the team to DDs headquarters? 

No idea, but I'm guessing that one shot of TA walking outside is them finding Darhk's house that he went to at the end of 409? Since Darhk looks pretty ticked when he's fighting Oliver outside in that one shot, I'm guessing they got close to finding his family. I'm wondering what Lance's role to play in this is going to be though, considering he did pretty much cut his ties with Darhk when he brought in a team to save TA.

No idea, but I'm guessing that one shot of TA walking outside is them finding Darhk's house that he went to at the end of 409? Since Darhk looks pretty ticked when he's fighting Oliver outside in that one shot, I'm guessing they got close to finding his family. 

I'm still holding out hope that DD built a lovely family home in his underground Corn Palace. 

• Love 4

I thought Oliver was supposed be more mature this season? Old Oliver would've gone off in a rage and shut himself off from his loved ones and not make any kind of plan. A mature Oliver should want to stay by Felicity's side to make sure she's okay and be there for her when she wakes up. Ragey Oliver seems like regression to me and not something that is interesting to see again. I want character growth.

While yes it would be boring to see Oliver sitting by Felicity's bedside, but he could also be formulating a plan to bring Darhk once and for all. Not go after him in a rage exposing who he is to the bad guy. That's Barry's league. Oliver should be better and smarter. 

• Love 2

I like that they found Darhk's house. I don't like the stupid shots of them walking onto the scene in a line. Is this Zoolander?

Power Walks are cool, fool! LOL

I agree, I hate shots that are designed to look like a cool comic panel of video game.

• Love 2

I like that they found Darhk's house. I don't like the stupid shots of them walking onto the scene in a line. Is this Zoolander?

It's that damn Oliver! He's so hot right now!

I thought Oliver was supposed be more mature this season? Old Oliver would've gone off in a rage and shut himself off from his loved ones and not make any kind of plan. A mature Oliver should want to stay by Felicity's side to make sure she's okay and be there for her when she wakes up. Ragey Oliver seems like regression to me and not something that is interesting to see again. I want character growth.

While yes it would be boring to see Oliver sitting by Felicity's bedside, but he could also be formulating a plan to bring Darhk once and for all. Not go after him in a rage exposing who he is to the bad guy. That's Barry's league. Oliver should be better and smarter. 

It's kind of a half-and-half with me. Yes, it is a regression that he's going all ragey instead of staying with Felicity, but it's not a regression to last season, which I think is an improvement. He's not shutting himself from his loved ones, since it's clear he's still teaming up with Diggle, Laurel, and Thea. And it does appear that he does have a semblance of a plan. It's a short-sighted plan for revenge, but they do seem to find Darhk's house, and Diggle seems on board, so I can't imagine that Diggle would agree to going into this without planning something.

Plus, Oliver has said himself that he doesn't find himself mature, so I'm not too surprised that he's not taking the complete mature route in this. We as the audience know that Felicity is going to be alright, but, for Oliver, it's facing what seems to be a complete nightmare. It's easier to actively distance yourself from an ominous truth (Felicity might dead/coma/paralyzed) and go out into the field to try to defeat the cause of all of these problems than to have to take the high road and passively sit down and wait for Felicity to either 1) not wake up or 2) wake up to a new life of pain.

I get what you're saying though, since I got a similar feeling when Thea is the one telling Oliver news on Felicity's condition (Why doesn't he know? Why isn't he with Felicity right now? Come on, she needs you), but I've got a feeling that Oliver becomes mature towards the end of the episode. To me, it looks like he'll be actively avoiding any condition that Felicity might be in until the end of the episode, when he decides to face it head on and decides to be there for Felicity in sickness and in health, no matter what. Then, they'll find out that she's paralyzed, and Oliver will probably take an active role in supporting Felicity in her recovery. 

• Love 4

Ohhh that promo... Yep she's definitely paralyzed. 

Okay. I'm just preparing myself

It pisses me off that these Fucking writers PARALYZED Felicity while Oliver can walk away from what he suffered last season. Here comes the "She's weak" BS ignorant crap

• Love 1

I was thinking she might have been pregnant and lost the baby

Either of this or Paralyzed Felicity are shitty options I don't understand why the writers are beating up Felicity. The brightest light of the show and the last two seasons have been " How can we beat Felicity down this season?

• Love 1

I was thinking she might have been pregnant and lost the baby

I don't believe they'll do both paralysis and loss of a child/infertility, and I am quite positive they're doing paralysis. This show is soap opera-ish, but it's not ACTUALLY a soap. I also don't think the Baby Mama BS is anything but a relationship stall, so I don't see any reason for them to tie the kid (who is quite possibly never going to appear on the show again) to a lost O/F baby.  

• Love 4

I don't believe they'll do both paralysis and loss of a child/infertility, and I am quite positive they're doing paralysis. This show is soap opera-ish, but it's not ACTUALLY a soap. I also don't think the Baby Mama BS is anything but a relationship stall, so I don't see any reason for them to tie the kid (who is quite possibly never going to appear on the show again) to a lost O/F baby.  

I didn't mean both. I meant instead of paralysis

That would be exactly like what Dinah (winner of the most terrible mother award) told LL in season 3. 

Well, according to Screen Junkies TV fights, the most terrible mother award goes to Moira Queen. (Don't watch it if you love Moira, Arrow, and your blood pressure low.)

Yeah, they showed his sign. It has to be him. I guess it could be to cover up his burns from that incident with ragey Thea.

Thea, I love you and you failed me. Anarky is about as fascinating as a villain as Alex is complex as a good guy, imo.

If the writers even think of doing an infertility or loss of child storyline after what I think can be qualified of an "uproar" over the Son of Sam drama and the lie, with all due respect and in my humble opinion, they're out of their ever-loving mind.

• Love 2

I didn't mean both. I meant instead of paralysis

No, I got that. There are too many backstage things leading to paralysis...Oracle/Proxy comics history (Proxy is the Calculator's daughter who becomes paralyzed and the Calculator reappears in her life after she's paralyzed, and Felicity is the Calculator's daughter...who will become paralyzed after which the Calculator will reappear in her life), pics of a wheelchair in the loft set, the guy on IMDB who says his friend was on the set and she's definitely in a wheelchair, all the BTS pics of her sitting down, etc., that I am positive they're doing paralysis, which means no baby loss, bc I agree with you that they won't do both.  There have been no clues at all of baby loss, but lots of clues of paralysis.  Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, is most likely a duck.

If the writers even think of doing an infertility or loss of child storyline after what I think can be qualified of an "uproar" over the Son of Sam drama and the lie, with all due respect and in my humble opinion, they're out of their ever-loving mind.

I agree they're not doing it, but I don't think they give one flying fart about uproar against their chosen storylines as long as that uproar doesn't affect ratings. And, the uproar was too late for them to change these episodes, plus again I don't think they care. IMO the most likely changes are that BM's/spawn's return later in the season is less likely (showing that the whole "Ooh, Oliver as a father, how interesting" bullshit is such a lie...sure they did all that for a 30-second scene of him and the spawn, not as a relationship stall...suuuuuure.) I think BM and spawn are going to end up in some version of witness protection after DD or someone outs them, thus breaking Felicity's heart, and ensuring their absence. Which, thank god, bc a 9-year-old has absolutely no place on this show.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

This fits with oliver though....he doesn't suit and wait well....gee has lost too many. He left threes when she was injured and he'll leave felicity. It isn't right but outs also him.

Also, blood debts....anarchy out for speedy's blood for lighting his ass on fire? Here for that.

This fits with oliver though....he doesn't suit and wait well....gee has lost too many. He left threes when she was injured and he'll leave felicity. It isn't right but outs also him.

Sucks for Felicity if she wakes up afraid and in pain and he's not there. But I guess that's just Oliver. 

Yeah, especially when you consider Shea going to freak if he isn't there....the first thing she said when she came to after 3.01's dinner fiasco was Oliver's name...she will think the worst. I hope we get some good scenes and they don't gloss over side good potential plot points...but we sadly can be sure they will

• Love 1

Why are people assuming he isn't going to be there when she wakes up? It can take hours to wake up after surgery and Donna was in the hallway. She hadn't woken up yet. The doctors probably told the family the outcome of the surgery. I'm thinking the last scene is going to be her waking up and Oliver telling her what happened.

• Love 10

Why are people assuming he isn't going to be there when she wakes up? It can take hours to wake up after surgery and Donna was in the hallway. She hadn't woken up yet. The doctors probably told the family the outcome of the surgery. I'm thinking the last scene is going to be her waking up and Oliver telling her what happened.

I think he'll be there when she wakes up, I'm just not sure why Thea's the one telling him that Felicity is out of surgery. That seems strange to me, unless he somehow left his phone with her. Even then it would be weird. I'm hoping that he started losing it in the hospital after he was kicked out of the operating room (since it seems he was in there with her when they brought her in) and Donna told him to go out and blow off some steam. And that he asks after Felicity at least once without Thea having to tell him what's up.

• Love 3

It is odd because they are both in their suits. Why would they be able to get a hold of her but him? Hopefully it's as simple Thea answering the phone first.

He better be looking for constant updates.

Diggle has a family to think about, he can't be going overboard.

Isn't family why Diggle *would* go overboard? The guy just tried to gas him to death for being close to Oliver, and then gunned down two people he loves and seriously injured one of them. He has a young daughter and he's on DD's radar now. Seems like going all out to stop the guy is something he'd consider.

• Love 5

A difficult surgery can last 13 hours of more.  There's nothing Oliver can do to help Felicity while it's going on because not only is he not a doctor, he's probably also not her medical proxy.  I think it would be a much better use of his time to try to find DD. And also better for him than sitting with a crying Donna wallowing in his guilt for getting Felicity into this.

I once had surgery to repair an ankle ligament. It wasn't nearly as long or as difficult as Felicity's is going to be but it took me a day to wake up and another day to stop puking up my guts.  The Insta-wake and conversation is a TV myth.

Thea, I love you and you failed me. Anarky is about as fascinating as a villain as Alex is complex as a good guy, imo.

Anarky was such a boring villain last time because he didn't have complexity or logic. For once I agree with DD, he isn't worth my time. Not looking forward to seeing him again.

• Love 2

Diggle's always been a bit more mature than Oliver, in a way. I like the description of his expression being "heartbroken" though, he seems more resigned to joining Oliver's violent mission of revenge. Although, I would love a clear, in-context reaction to what's going on now from all of the characters. From just this promo alone, Oliver seems sad and then completely and angrily distant from the situation, Thea seems on top of what's happening (which, again, seems a bit strange considering the lack of Thea/Felicity moments), Diggle seems to have somewhat a lack of an emotive reaction, and Laurel...seems to be going on missions with them? I know there's got to be great in-character in-context reactions, but I wonder how they really will be considering what we've got so far in the promos.

Isn't family why Diggle *would* go overboard? The guy just tried to gas him to death for being close to Oliver, and then gunned down two people he loves and seriously injured one of them. He has a young daughter and he's on DD's radar now. Seems like going all out to stop the guy is something he'd consider.

Also diggle went with oliver to nanda parbat last season just so oliver could undo theas choice. Idk why that's okay but getting angry and going overboard for Felicity's almost death isn't considering she's his family too.

I'm expecting a range of emotions with Oliver. Shock, sadness, desperation, rage, etc

Someone mentioned Oliver experiencing stages like Felicity did in 3x10. I think that is accurate.

I want Diggle to have a brotherly reaction to Felicity being hurt. Diggle and Oliver should have the most powerful reactions.

• Love 3

Well, we definitely got denial from the last episode (Oliver's confused expression) plus probably whatever's going to keep him from being beside Felicity. Anger check. Bargaining to an extent (if Oliver's plan is something along the lines of "if I get Darhk, everything will be alright"). Depression probably with his scene with Donna, and acceptance probably at the end once Felicity needs the support. Sorry for listing, I just really loved in 310 how clear they were acting and writing wise with Felicity's stages of grief and would love for someone to make a parallel gif set once 410 comes out.

• Love 3

I'm gonna wait and see when it comes to the TQ knowing before OQ, I watched the clip quickly but it seemed like TQ was talking to someone else so maybe she is relaying info.

Whatever surgery FS has is going to be very long and going to take awhile to wake up from anesthesia. There's more than enough time for OQ to make it back to the hospital. IRL, people handle operations of loved ones very individually. Some need to be in the hospital. Some need to be in their home/hotel. Some need to be in the chapel. Some need to be doing something physical. Some need to be at work. Some need fam/friends around them and others need to be alone. I have seen it all. So OQ not wanting to let the trail run cold I could see him being in the field as a way of processing his emotions. And having Donna call him with updates.

What I am really curious about is this the episode that Donna finds out about TA? Or she reveals that she already knew. Because OQ needing to not be near Donna to support her only makes sense if Donna gives him the ok and FS would want you tracking down bad guys. But no mayoral candidate would be needed in the field tracking down leads. Which makes me think that Donna is gonna have her own "I know" moment with OQ. Which if it happens I will be so psyched for. DS may not be as smart as FS but she is certainly not dumb.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 8