Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

<movie announcer>

For two seasons in a row, Arrow has done pretty well for the first nine episodes, and then! Disaster strikes once the tv season resumes in January, and everything goes to shit for ten straight episodes. Can Arrow get over the hump? Can season four break the curse once and for all, and bring Arrow back to the golden days of 114 through 209? Stay tuned!

Also, say a little prayer to the tv gods just in case the curse is stronger than the writers. Viewer discretion extremely advised.

</movie announcer

• Love 12

My belief is they cannot do anything original with a limo. Tragic… Yes; Original… NO.

Accident, kidnapping, fall into water, explosion, surprise reveal of person, surprise reveal of alliance, secret telling – it’s all been done before and some of it on its own show.

I just hope it’s well shot. And organic to the story. And despite the fact that I expect it, I still want to be surprised/shocked/stunned. Personally, I think it will be Dig & FS in the limo. So both lives will be in question over the winter hiatus. Not sure they will bother with another gravesite shot in this episode.

I wonder if DD & OQ will be having a verbal confrontation. While intersplicing the limo happening. And then OQ’s phone ringing, with DD saying “you are gonna wanna get that…” & an emergency responder/Med professional saying “Mr. Queen” – cut to Black. It demonstrates DD in complete control of the chaos & trauma, while showing OQ powerless without knowing it.

• Love 2

The limo crash in s2 was about Slade getting the Queens to the point where he could do his obsessive "Which one gets to live?" routine.  I'm going to be disappointed if DD is so lacking in creativity that he crashes the limo just for the sake of crashing it.

I mean, I get that the show might want to wink-nudge at the Oracle connection but a broken leg can also lead to a temporarily wheelchair-bound Felicity without having to deal with long-term or real-world actual trauma implications related to paralysis? And I don't think this show's writing team can tackle a paralysis arc and give it the proper attention it should have, especially how the person and their loved ones deal with it when it just happened. Besides, they burn through storylines so fast that I doubt they'd keep anyone in a wheelchair for long.

Since there's going to be some amazing technology that involves Felicity, if it's a paralysis issue, it won't last for more than one episode.  If it is something like that, I like the idea of Curtis coming to help her since she was the one who saved his job.  Also it gives Curtis a reason to suit up other than his husband dying.  I'm no more in favour of fridging men than I am of women.

Guggenheim said "A" to give everyone riled up about the idea of Oracle.

I suggested "Hacker" when they asked but even I think that's lame.

Since 410 starts a full month after 409 (and historically the show sticks to real time), whatever happens (if it's Felicity) has to be something that keeps Donna in town for a month. So either Felicity is seriously injured/coma for 4 weeks, all off screen thus the 410 hospital scenes (with her waking up). Or Felicity is kidnapped during the accident and is rescued in 410 and the hospital scenes are post rescue.

Of course neither would explain Oliver running off to Central City in 410.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Do we know for sure that 410 starts a month after 409?  They didn't do that last season with the "Oliver is missing so we can have new masks" episodes. I think 310 was 3 days after 309.  (Didn't someone say "It's been three days since Oliver left to fight Ra's and we haven't heard anything from him"?)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Do we know for sure that 410 starts a month after 409?  They didn't do that last season with the "Oliver is missing so we can have new masks" episodes. I think 310 was 3 days after 309.  (Didn't someone say "It's been three days since Oliver left to fight Ra's and we haven't heard anything from him"?)

Yeah, they didn't keep real time with that one. I think we were supposed to assume a FF sometime after that? 

Do we know for sure that 410 starts a month after 409? They didn't do that last season with the "Oliver is missing so we can have new masks" episodes. I think 310 was 3 days after 309. (Didn't someone say "It's been three days since Oliver left to fight Ra's and we haven't heard anything from him"?)

I think that was the only episode that didn't jump and that was just for 310 because by the time Oliver shows up back in SC in 312 it was back to a month later. IIRC.

310 was the exception to the rule, I don't necessarily think they will follow suit going forward but, who knows?

Edited by Morrigan2575

If they have 410 right after 409 and then time jump for 411, I'm more willing to trust them on a paralysis story.  One episode of shock and worry about Felicity and by the next one, everyone has accepted it and tried to deal, including Curtis (?) who has devised some great new tech for her.

Ray should be there too since he owes Felicity big time but I expect he'll be too busy with his new show to help.

ETA:

They're also literally cleaning up the bay in 4x09, right? Those photos couldn't have been from the crossover and I don't think they were from 4x10 either.

If the proposal is during the bay clean-up, then the Christmas/Hanukkah party could be later that day and the limo ride ends the episode.

ETA again:  or as tarotx posted, the party, the clean-up afterwards and then the limo accident.

I'm kind of disappointed; I was expecting DD to act at the party.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Fans said Felicity left in a limo at the Bay scene. I remember reading that.

They are also literally in the hospital for 4.10. I'm going to assume no time jump. At least at the beginning of the Episode.  

Something happens at the cleanup we saw pics of them running and hiding.

So cleanup during the day, something happens. We have the party in the campaign head quarters which DD shows up to. There's some scene in a tunnel or closed building (pics taken by EBR/KC). There's the public proposal at night, which leads directly to the limo (per canadagrpahs)

• Love 1

Here's my problem with the paralysis story or the need for bionic limbs... I do not trust the writers to do this story justice and these are not problems that are easily solved or often do not go away with time. There are also people in real life that suffer from these tragedies and as someone who has witnessed first hand what these people and their family/friends suffer emotionally, it requires a delicate hand and a sensitivity I'm not sure all the writers have on this show. To do it just for the reactions or shockvalue of the seismic change is disrespectful to people that suffer those tragedies.

If they do use it to somehow get PT out of financial trouble, then I hope they actually do have the writers speak to some of the amazing biotech people IRL that are making phenomenal discoveries that is revolutionizing the lives of people who suffer from paralysis or the need for bionic limbs. I'm not opposed to PT being used to show tech that revolutionizing bionic limbs/paralysis life day to day. But I just want it done with respect and realism, since PT is one of the realistic elements of the show. It's not mystical & magical like the pit, where you can get away with being more nonchalant about it.

And if they are going to go for a spinal cord injury, I hope they make it explicitly clear that it is more of a spinal cord concussion, compression or contusion - because those injuries have realistic chances of recovery of near to full function once the injury heals with the proper rehabilitation depending on the extent of the injury. Any other serious spinal cord injury that they magically fix with some tech is just disrespectful to those that suffer from SCI. I do not want another repeat of the blood clots and the Nanotech from s3. Which yes, I still haven't gotten over. I know its a show, but when you handle real life issues there should be some respect to the real life experiences when you claim to have rooted your show somewhat in reality.

• Love 5

Maybe this belongs in the Social Media thread, but I put it here to keep the topic going...

Fans at the Heroes & Villains con just asked SA "If something bad happened to Felicity, how would Oliver react?"

His answer: Confusion, desperation, utter sadness and unbridled rage. // utter sadness... and unbridled rage.

https://twitter.com/FanMomMer/status/668193197336588288+ https://twitter.com/heroesfanfest/status/668193973819695104

ETA: Video of him answering the question: https://twitter.com/thatonekimgirl/status/668193350453891073

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 1

SA really does have no chill sometimes when it comes to dropping info.

I have no idea what his secret messages and dropped hints mean for the story or the characters. Perhaps NM's wife** just cries at special moments. Perhaps its bad news. I have seen on my twitter that he said something like fans are not ready for what is going to happen in 409.

So I guess my recommendation:

keep_calm_and_gird_your_loins_earring_ci

**Edited - because it was NM's wife not NM upon further clarification

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

I have no idea if this is a spoiler or just a social media thing but I'm going to put it here for now.

http://oliverdant.tumblr.com/post/133681394663/arrow-spoilers-from-hvff#_=_

Apparently 409 is the new 320 (according to SA) sounds like it's romantic/Olicity positive but ends on a sad/tragic note.

I wish we could sexy times like in 320 but it probably won't happen :( unless the accident happens after the sexytimes

Clarification on the story about NM crying after seeing the end of 409. SA said at the panel that NM's *wife* was so moved after seeing the end of 409 that she cried

GUH I don't know If my body will be ready.

For what its worth - https://twitter.com/fawnsun/status/668194686817824768

Apparently, **somebody misheard & tweeted that** the person in the grave is a him based upon what SA said at some point during HVFF.

I'm still holding out for more definitive evidence before I give up on my dream candidate.

**Edited - Apparently, so confusion on the quote. The person OQ is seeking out is apparently a him. Which we already knew from 401. No gender reference to grave dweller. Sorry the confusion :) Thanks @apinknightmare

Edited by kismet

Yea that's why I put a disclaimer my initial post "For what its worth". Either it was an honest slip up or just a turn of phrase by SA. I use the male descriptors all the time for my friend's dogs, even though I know they are females. It's just a slip of the tongue. Her daughter gets very mad at me. People misspeak all the time. I don't think its some major conspiracy or hidden secret, probably barely even a spoiler. But it is interesting to post for what its worth.

Also, I do believe at another point in HVFF he said he does not know who is in the grave. So it's all just muddled speculation with what random tidbits of truth/hope/accidental speech.

• Love 1

I'll go back and watch it again but I didn't hear a slip up.

OK I didn't go far enough, yeah I still don't think that was a slip up, he was making a joking and used "him". Which to be honest most people defult to.

He goes on a long ass explanation about how he doesn't know doesn't need to know, all he needs to know are his lines and how he needs to react/feel about the person in the grave.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

It didn't seem like a slip (the Freudian slip was mine cause at first I said  "But take it as truth" leaving out the Don't) But you all are right it could be an automatic he but cause I think it's Lance (and that SA knows) I probably just read to much into it :p

I'll go back and watch it again but I didn't hear a slip up.

OK I didn't go far enough, yeah I still don't think that was a slip up, he was making a joking and used "him". Which to be honest most people defult to

• Love 1

He said he doesn't know who is in the grave, only that the person who did it was a him.  It was when he did joking around about laughing "I hated him ... or her... or it... or them."

I find it hard to believe that he doesn't know but I watched it twice and I didn't see any tells that he was lying. I know he's an actor but the tells are there in interviews.

I wonder when do they have to tell the actor that he's getting sacked. January? When was it that Colton started moping on social media last season?

I think they'll have to make the decision in January to get the legal worknow situated and they probably won't have to tell the person to early February if the death is filmed in 319/320.

I don't think SA knows, I don't think he would want to know. Knowing that a co-worker is getting fired is a major burdon. Could you imagine knowing for months that someone you work with every day is going to get fired in 3-4 months? That would be so awkward.

• Love 7

I don't think SA knows, I don't think he would want to know. Knowing that a co-worker is getting fired is a major burdon. Could you imagine knowing for months that someone you work with every day is going to get fired in 3-4 months? That would be so awkward.

I used to think SA knew, but now I think you're right. I think SA knows only if the actor leaving knows as well. 

This did happen to me once. My friend/boss told me we were going to have layoffs when we were hanging out one night, and then said it was a secret. I'm sure it was a burden for her to know, but then she made it mine! It sucked. (And I totally had to tell my other co-worker/friend.)

I think they told Colin in February, didn't they?

I would have sworn that he does know but that's an excellent point.  He seems like a nice guy and he wouldn't want to have that hanging over him.  Especially if the other person doesn't know yet.

I wonder if the people who for sure won't be in the grave (EBR, hopefully DR) have been told for sure that they're staying or would that just make it worse if they knew but their co-stars didn't.

I think they told Colin in February, didn't they?

I would have sworn that he does know but that's an excellent point.  He seems like a nice guy and he wouldn't want to have that hanging over him.  Especially if the other person doesn't know yet.

I wonder if the people who for sure won't be in the grave (EBR, hopefully DR) have been told for sure that they're staying or would that just make it worse if they knew but their co-stars didn't.

It's not like it's the first time, though.  CD got fired, more or less.  ST got fired/not extended.  CH got let go. 

Personally I think he knows, and I think the producers know.  I will totally agree to disagree, bc we have no possible way of knowing who, if anyone, knows.  I will say that he would absolutely lie about it if that's the party line.  He's very much a team player in that way.

Not everyone is as chill and kickass as CL.

After watching parts of that stunt panel with DR, I'm beyond bummed that ARROW gave her up. I really miss her authenticity in fight scenes. LoT is really lucky, here's hoping they don't just rely or focus on all their CGI talent.

• Love 6

Caity's happy that Sara doesn't wear a mask anymore since that means we'll see her doing more of the stunt fighting.  As for the CGI people it will be cheaper to focus on Sara while the CGI peeps are in the background. I also read something about Vandal Savage having defenses against most tech making most of Team Legends useless, which is where Sara comes in being she's an expert in hand to hand combat. 

• Love 5

CL was told I April that they were killing Sara off. However, that's a special case because it was the last episode of S2 and she was going to be killed off in the very next episode filmed. Granted that was after a 2.5 month break (which is longer than normal but not excessive). Plus she wasn't a series regular which means they would have needed to negotiate her contract and make sure she was available to film in 301

For Colin he was told mid February that Tommy was dying in 123 (which filmed in April - I think) .

Susanna said she found out about 5 weeks before filming filming.

I'm trying to track down our fist clue about CH.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I could write a book all about how incredible @emilybett is. Always there when ya need her the most https://t.co/eU9OgbXC0j

He tweeted the above on 2/26

This was 3/2:

What a rough night. Probably the most difficult day I've had at work in my life. So many emotions all around that couldn't be controlled

I couldn't remember anything mopier prior to that. This was all around the filming of the episode.

• Love 1

He tweeted the above on 2/26

This was 3/2:

I couldn't remember anything mopier prior to that. This was all around the filming of the episode.

I think that Instagram pic was the first clue we got but they were filming 318 at that point. We also had the SA Facebook post with "capturing things for the last time" during 318 filming. So they obviously all knew at that point. I can't find any indication of when he knew.

The interviews are no help because they all have the same theme, we always knew CH would leave at the end of S3 because of his contract. Blah, blah blah

Edited by Morrigan2575